Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Straight White Shark posted:

No more pants when I'm god!

he's got my vote
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch14/ch14_129.html

Note how Duane dodges the question about Jon's corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
And that's the end of the chapter. Four pages, and a preview of the next chapter, which begins January 27th.

Some familiar faces here. And Lemuel's listening to his brother and keeping a promise; what an upstanding young man.

Spellmaster Adelier's never lost a lad.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 25, 2019

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
chapter both begins and ends with reminders that Lem is a bit of a maniac

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The next chapter preview promises us violence, theater, and fish tits. I can't wait.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
Lem is a looooooot farther gone than anyone suspects. I'm wondering if Duane knows about this or if we're getting two pages of "objective" story. Duane's expression and his lack of glamour makes me think that he knows, or at least guesses correctly, what Lem did.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
another thing I like is on hiatus :mad:

Ashley posted:

In a sense, the entire story of this chapter is to set up the last two pages, and the last two pages exist not only to show us what Lemuel is capable of and what life's done to him, but to begin to give Duane reason to doubt his little brother, and finally question just what in the hell he was doing the night of the attack in the snow. We'll see that questioning begin to happen next chapter, with Lady Ilganyag's oh-so-helpful prodding.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 25, 2019

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Why does every bangable twink commit war crimes in this setting?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Motherfucker posted:

Why does every bangable twink commit war crimes in this setting?

Is there anyone who isn't committing war crimes in this setting?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

isndl posted:

Is there anyone who isn't committing war crimes in this setting?
Adults or kids?

EDIT: Because if the category is 'bangable twinks' then my initial answers are out.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 29, 2019

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I figured the last chapter had a big Generation Kill vibe with the combo of light-hearted chicanery and the constant background noise of war crimes

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch15/ch15_01.html

Oh hey, it's the 27th

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
It was a nice surprise to see this back in my RSS feed this morning!

So how's Duane gonna react to his clear memories of what happened then? At least he probably doesn't have personal knowledge that Lem is a loving monster?

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018

habeasdorkus posted:

So how's Duane gonna react to his clear memories of what happened then? At least he probably doesn't have personal knowledge that Lem is a loving monster?

As someone who likes Duane, I am sure that in literally any way he will act perfectly reasonably and not be a gigantic rotting rear end in a top hat to a bunch of children

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

habeasdorkus posted:

in the commentary on the last page of last chapter she said duane's probably going :thunk: about the mysterious prisoner wagon fire, which makes sense

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

Fanart contest is happening and there is a very obvious winner straight off the bat:

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/Contests/2020/2020fanart/Aminaminathan_UnsoundedAbridged.gif

The rest are here:

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/Contests/2020/2020_entries.html

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

oh my god its beautiful...

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Fanart contest is happening and there is a very obvious winner straight off the bat:

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/Contests/2020/2020fanart/Aminaminathan_UnsoundedAbridged.gif

That's gonna be real hard to top.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

hmph

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Kinda mad that the voting wants some google account login that I don't have, and yeah, there are some really good entries, but that chapter by chapter animated stick art is soooo good!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
You don't have a gmail account or an Android phone or Youtube or some other google account service?
(Fun fact you can create a google account using a non-gmail account, too)

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
..an' yer whores is fat, an'...

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Kyte posted:

You don't have a gmail account or an Android phone or Youtube or some other google account service?
(Fun fact you can create a google account using a non-gmail account, too)

Correct, I do not. Its not that big of a deal, just the "gotta have an unrelated thing to do a thing online or you can't" has always bugged me.

Anyhow wondering who the "she" is that apparently knows whatever it was that Minnow did.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Friendly Minnow! Patron god of the Litriya Inak! Please accept my Beadman's Better Ginger Biscuits!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I'll do your dark bidding for some motherfuckin' Gingernuts sheeit.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Love that guy who farts lightning at Captain Two-Face.
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch15/ch15_04.html

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Welp, Minnow's about to get torn limb from limb again.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Twenty Four posted:

Correct, I do not. Its not that big of a deal, just the "gotta have an unrelated thing to do a thing online or you can't" has always bugged me.

Anyhow wondering who the "she" is that apparently knows whatever it was that Minnow did.

turns out it's the river, which is... a bit complicated and Ash has just posted a bunch of interesting stuff about it but tldr it's either the collective will of the local waterwomen or the actual river or both

links and quotes are annoying on phone so maybe I'll do it later but the new update is cool and includes some disturbing visuals because lol it's Unsounded of course it does

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lori no. :(

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Maybe I missed it but what's up with their necks?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

And Tyler Too! posted:

Maybe I missed it but what's up with their necks?
Open to the water because that's how the water they live in flows in, converts to First Water, and then flows out and becomes normal again. They're sort of like giant lady-shaped jars that hold First Water, which is unfortunately what the soldiers in the shrine were sent to investigate, iirc.

I bet Lori is guiltily happy that her friend escaped the nets.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

We don't officially know what the secret research project(s) are exactly, just that the military is there for them / they involve water women at least in part / there's a fancy rear end construct lab below the shrine, but the leading theory (that afaik I was the first to come up with in the Discord and here :colbert: ) is that yeah they're trying to create a renewable source of an admittedly low value First Material by keeping the waterwoman alive to generate it. And somehow keep it First Water after it leaves their bodies, via shenanigans, because normally it reverts to Normal Water.

The only other renewable First Material we know of (from tumblr only ATM), unless you're gonna chain up Shaensigin or Ruck and cut bits off of them for a very very very very slowly renewable source of First Salt (and here we CAN infer from comic only that she regens) or efhebyscale, is First Silk - the critters that make it can't reproduce, but they churn it out pretty regularly. Even a pretty garbage First Material, which Water probably is if we compare it to sand or salt, is worth looking into if you can reliably produce more of it forever. Kasslynian scientists are starting to ponder the ramifications of First Materials being in finite supply.

we know from the comic that Alderode is fine expending first sand for mine-marking, and wog is that first salt's most common use is pretty much the same as regular salt despite its rarity... otoh Timofey is made out of (the only remaining?) First Light, so if Water is useful for THAT sort of business instead, we done hit the jackpot with this whole "torture waterwomen forever for their juicy innards" plan

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 10, 2020

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Snackrifice!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fish shape tastes best! It is my sacred law! Are you a spiderpaw? Must I write it down?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
No, Minnow, those soldiers definitely won't help.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Appreciate Cope sparing us what it looks like after Minnow tries to swallow one of the cookies- given that she doesn't have an esophagus.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

We don't officially know what the secret research project(s) are exactly, just that the military is there for them / they involve water women at least in part / there's a fancy rear end construct lab below the shrine, but the leading theory (that afaik I was the first to come up with in the Discord and here :colbert: ) is that yeah they're trying to create a renewable source of an admittedly low value First Material by keeping the waterwoman alive to generate it. And somehow keep it First Water after it leaves their bodies, via shenanigans, because normally it reverts to Normal Water.

The only other renewable First Material we know of (from tumblr only ATM), unless you're gonna chain up Shaensigin or Ruck and cut bits off of them for a very very very very slowly renewable source of First Salt (and here we CAN infer from comic only that she regens) or efhebyscale, is First Silk - the critters that make it can't reproduce, but they churn it out pretty regularly. Even a pretty garbage First Material, which Water probably is if we compare it to sand or salt, is worth looking into if you can reliably produce more of it forever. Kasslynian scientists are starting to ponder the ramifications of First Materials being in finite supply.

we know from the comic that Alderode is fine expending first sand for mine-marking, and wog is that first salt's most common use is pretty much the same as regular salt despite its rarity... otoh Timofey is made out of (the only remaining?) First Light, so if Water is useful for THAT sort of business instead, we done hit the jackpot with this whole "torture waterwomen forever for their juicy innards" plan

Oh, I had assumed the shrine was keeping the water woman like that to stir up the other sprites and use the resulting storm as a barrier.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Appreciate Cope sparing us what it looks like after Minnow tries to swallow one of the cookies- given that she doesn't have an esophagus.

:eng101: Ash answered that, they have an esophagus in the middle of that nonsense

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

You can actually see the little lump of the bite she takes on the most recent page. The empty area of the neck has a spine, esophagus and trachea.

Also, Minnow is officially the only god in Unsounded that's not a pile of crap.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Readin' is for ponces and ya can't direct the Voice of God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I dunno, seems like a fairly good interpretation of Tirna to me. The annoyance makes it more authentic!