Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

sounds like it could be, yes

Moreso than the actual Thing game, even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Weedle posted:

if deus ex is my all-time favorite fps and i like the motion picture "john carpenter's the thing" is prey the game for me?

yes absolutely

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I haven't seen The Thing either VG I'm so sorry.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Weedle posted:

if deus ex is my all-time favorite fps and i like the motion picture "john carpenter's the thing" is prey the game for me?

Oh yes very much so

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The Thing is on the short list of best horror movies ever made so get on that if it's what you're into

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

There is always time :) I hope you enjoy!

(Other movies on my top 10 of all time include, Wall-e, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Bladerunner 2049, Robocop, King of Kong: A fistful of Quarters, Ghostbusters, and God of Cookery)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I have not played Deus Ex. However the Thing is a top 10 of all time film for me, so yes. Yes please. Play Prey.

Have you played the Thing video game that came out during the PS2 era? It is really good! But yeah, that movie is one of my favorite films ever. Last year I introduced my wife to it and she loved it as well.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Prey and Deus Ex are different enough that liking one doesn’t necessarily means you’ll like the other, if you’re me you’ll balk at the spooky mimics and the loneliness of Prey’s setting, and especially its lack of NPCs to bug until their dialogue repeats

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I love lonely games but if I'm gonna be scared I want company.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
If you like The Thing, there is a good chance that you will like The Void. It's even better if you don't know anything about it before you watch it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Baller Time posted:

If you like The Thing, there is a good chance that you will like The Void. It's even better if you don't know anything about it before you watch it.

I did not like that movie but the monsters at the end were cool. It was obvious what they spent 99.99% of their money on.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Hey do you guys wanna hear a joke?

Radical Heights :haw:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Kingdom Come is free on Epic game store if you haven't played it before!

Its like a historically accurate Skyrim.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You def should. I avoided it as a teen because the name "the thing" made me think it was a b-movie The Blob type horror.

Its not. It has body horror, but the best part of the movie is completely psychological. Its very Lovecraftian without being actually written by HP, which is good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaphod42 posted:

Its like a historically accurate Skyrim.

:chloe:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

kingdom cum, gityer free kingdom cum here

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

kingdom cum, gityer free kingdom cum here

can I get it delivered

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kingdom Come is medieval eurojank

play it if you like eurojank

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Andrast posted:

Kingdom Come is medieval eurojank

play it if you like eurojank

and/or gamergate

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Dan Vavra is a giant piece of poo poo and you shouldn't play his game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s free tho

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah epic giving away free copies means the dude has already been paid so boycotting getting it is not really an applicable form of protest

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

yeah epic giving away free copies means the dude has already been paid so boycotting getting it is not really an applicable form of protest

I'm still not going to play the Gamergater game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

HANDS IN THE AIR, THIS IS THE KINGDOM :cumpolice::siren:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It just doesn't seem very good unless you're into those immersive elder scrolls mods

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm still not going to play the Gamergater game.

valid

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

I'm still gonna direct my shitposts toward it and try to encourage people not to give their attention to the idiot racist dev

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
shitposts can be a force for good

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Looper posted:

shitposts can be a force for good

posting is praxis, after all.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i am going to lunch with mom cause it's her birthday but then i still have to come back home and work the rest of the afternoon

then im gonna play more wolcen, which seems neat so far

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/ControlRemedy/status/1228251308689428480

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

I'm still gonna direct my shitposts toward it and try to encourage people not to give their attention to the idiot racist dev

That's not fair

They're sexist too

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1228363018855018497

That is almost certainly a freakin' Legion shedding people at the 1:20 mark.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

no grant da nasty no sale

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ChickenHeart posted:

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1228363018855018497

That is almost certainly a freakin' Legion shedding people at the 1:20 mark.

I'm interested in this.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The thing I love most about Castlevania games is the story

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

The thing I love most about Castlevania games is the story

What

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

cool because that doesn't seem to really be adapting anything anymore

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought they’d move on to Simon or go back to Leon or something. But I guess it’s the Trevor show

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I demand my wallmeat-eating, fishman-whipping dong-hanging barbarian

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'd throw my bet on this season ends with post credits scene of alucard going to sleep only to be rudely awoken by a belmont knocking at his coffin

"trevor i thought i told you to leave me alone"

"trevor? who's trevor? the name's... RICHTER"

smash cut to:

THE BELMONTS WILL RETURN... IN CASTLEVANIA SEASON 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hire me marvel