Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

EoinCannon posted:

This was a cool listen, thank you
Feels like Ghost references their style a bit

Ghost is just Coldplay in makeup and costumes. Ghostplay.

anyway, I find this satisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Zach Morris is cursed.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Beachcomber posted:

Zach Morris is cursed.

screech is double cursed, he had some kinda PUA thing going for a while if not still

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I remember singing One Tin Soldier in elementary school music class too. Also, Hey Jude still sticks in my head from that time period.
:corsair::hf::corsair:

One Tin Soldier made it into the youth group song rotation at the church I attended before I became a godless heathen. I don't think they ever acknowledged it was by a band named "Coven," in the Maranatha song book.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I'm sure all their sneakers are new, but they all look like they've mowed a thousand lawns already. Maybe it's just the one dude with the mullet setting the tone hardcore.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Nothing beats the guy on the right who I think may be a wax sculpture.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1228296085937901568/pu/vid/852x682/MxDLrC9vDj9cdRXj.mp4?tag=10

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

Zach Morris is cursed.

What did Zach do?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

What did Zach do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3JL-asZpME

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Catastrophe posted:

Ghost is just Coldplay in makeup and costumes. Ghostplay.

anyway, I find this satisfying

I'm a slightly better than decent welder but that's just...whooo boy. drat beautiful.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I'm a slightly better than decent welder but that's just...whooo boy. drat beautiful.

Is it maybe robot welded though? That would account for the perfect scalloped beads in the weld.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

To be fair, that was the entire intent of that clip. To show that going up and overboard about someone's handicap is just as bad as being mean to or ignoring them.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW0-qJPbHDA&t=108s

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Huge Jackman is the greatest.

Sound
https://i.imgur.com/6MeqA8T.mp4

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Pastry of the Year posted:

abused dog becomes rescued dog becomes therapy dog :3:

Oh man.... that looks like my Dingo. Glad he somehow got through it all. Makes me smile thinking of Therapy Danny Dingo. Good on em whomever helped that happen. Now I'm going home to hug my boy and tell him how good he is, even when he howls.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Von_Doom posted:

Oh man.... that looks like my Dingo. Glad he somehow got through it all. Makes me smile thinking of Therapy Danny Dingo. Good on em whomever helped that happen. Now I'm going home to hug my boy and tell him how good he is, even when he howls.

pro tip: if you want your dingo to make it through, maybe next time dont cut their ear and eyes off, ditto other animals, or people

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

drat, this is like a fan overload. An acquaintance of mine was one of the dudes that got to randomly hang out with Dave Chappelle at this hooka bar for hours, his friends made some reddit post about it and people were losing their minds. Nice celebs just randomly hanging out with people can be such an amazing thing.
http://www.citypages.com/arts/dave-chappelle-smokes-hookah-hangs-out-til-6-am-in-minnesota-6586885

Pic I took of the dude a year prior

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Famous people being real people are really cool to me. I went to a premier of a small movie in Chicago once. It was called "Just Write" I think. I must have been 14 or so. Jeremy Piven and Yeardley Smith were there. Jeremy Piven was kind of a dick. Just, "Yeah I recognize you are here and I have to move on, I'm busy" kinda guy. Yeardly Smith sat down with my mom at the dinner table and talked to her for like 15 minutes about random poo poo. She was super cool.

Stars being regular people really makes me feel good.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Famous people being real people are really cool to me. I went to a premier of a small movie in Chicago once. It was called "Just Write" I think. I must have been 14 or so. Jeremy Piven and Yeardley Smith were there. Jeremy Piven was kind of a dick. Just, "Yeah I recognize you are here and I have to move on, I'm busy" kinda guy. Yeardly Smith sat down with my mom at the dinner table and talked to her for like 15 minutes about random poo poo. She was super cool.

terry crews is a blessed follow on social media if you like celebrities who are actual people

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is it maybe robot welded though? That would account for the perfect scalloped beads in the weld.

Could be but we have a couple guys that could do that. Takes a hell of a lot of experience, patience and a steadier hand than I ever had.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Society and culture are kind of set up to elevate and separate them from normal people so it must be hard for them to be normal. Like it probably requires effort not to be weird or a dick

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

EoinCannon posted:

Society and culture are kind of set up to elevate and separate them from normal people so it must be hard for them to be normal. Like it probably requires effort not to be weird or a dick

the important thing seems to be to start put poor and hit it big when you're older. people who got in because of nepotism and parents money are usually self absorbed assholes

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
https://i.imgur.com/SXdfFhB.gifv

Whale sharks are much bigger when you're next to them than they appear in these pictures. The size of a small bus. You look back and see the tail longer than you are tip to tip churning effortlessly back and forth through the water and know that if it hits you, you'll be extremely wrecked.

That said they're very peaceful and this lady was cruising along at 2-3 miles an hour, which doesn't sound like much until you try to keep up. Amazing once in a lifetime experience.

Taken in the Sea of Cortez, off the coast of La Paz, Mexico.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Seems like a pretty great vacation j

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Julius CSAR posted:

Seems like a pretty great vacation j

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty :blessed: overall.

The first day we did a half day shark snorkel, to see mako, hammerhead, or blue sharks. I spent 4 hours vomiting over the side or in a near unconscious delirium next to a 30 gallon tote of fish guts. Afterwards, my wife told me she was really scared for me. No sharks showed up.

The point of the trip was to fulfill my wife's lifelong dream of becoming a certified Open Water scuba diver. She was given an ill fitting BCD and told that it was fine when she disagreed. As a result, the tank kept flopping to the side and flipping her upside down.

She had an incredibly miserable two days and had to settle for the "Scuba Diver" certification which means she always has to have a guide and can only go down to 40 feet instead of 60. She's pretty devastated and wished she did a better job advocating for herself.

But yeah, we had a fantastic time.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

The first day we did a half day shark snorkel, to see mako, hammerhead, or blue sharks. I spent 4 hours vomiting over the side or in a near unconscious delirium next to a 30 gallon tote of fish guts. Afterwards, my wife told me she was really scared for me. No sharks showed up.

The point of the trip was to fulfill my wife's lifelong dream of becoming a certified Open Water scuba diver. She was given an ill fitting BCD and told that it was fine when she disagreed. As a result, the tank kept flopping to the side and flipping her upside down.

She had an incredibly miserable two days and had to settle for the "Scuba Diver" certification which means she always has to have a guide and can only go down to 40 feet instead of 60. She's pretty devastated and wished she did a better job advocating for herself.

u lucky taco bastard :D

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Hey Beachcomber I've been really enjoying your posts about your vacation, thank you for sharing.

More blessed crosspostin'

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

No matter which way the stupid goes on a dog you always know it's a good boy.

https://twitter.com/CharlesEsten/status/1228117683440422912

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Inceltown posted:

No matter which way the stupid goes on a dog you always know it's a good boy.

https://twitter.com/CharlesEsten/status/1228117683440422912

Honestly, he seems happy enough that I'd leave him there for a little bit.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

Honestly, he seems happy enough that I'd leave him there for a little bit.

There are different types of tail wiggling, and the communicate anything from happiness to anxiety or anger.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
https://twitter.com/PaulSam27131285/status/1228413300884504576?s=09

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Mokotow posted:

There are different types of tail wiggling, and the communicate anything from happiness to anxiety or anger.

in any case i wouldnt mind my head being stuffed in a plastic bottle if i had that kinda pal near to call for help if u know

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdE83FX-Mto

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Beachcomber posted:

Most cities have an actual scuba diving community and certification infrastructure. Any certification that 'limits' you to 40 or 60 feet isn't a certification of any value. Get your wife a course in scuba diving locally by real scuba divers. It's usually not that expensive and you can rent equipment.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Tarkus posted:

Most cities have an actual scuba diving community and certification infrastructure. Any certification that 'limits' you to 40 or 60 feet isn't a certification of any value. Get your wife a course in scuba diving locally by real scuba divers. It's usually not that expensive and you can rent equipment.

I mean, most of/all the reefs in the world are above 40 feet. PADI/RAID Open Water is probably the most common certification in the world.

We did previously try to get her PADI certified here, but she couldn't handle the cold water, even in their thickest wetsuit. She has a medical condition that makes her very temperature sensitive and also a bit weaker.

From there, when we were in Kauai, we did a private "Discover Scuba" course where I found out that I am too claustrophobic for scuba, so she got 1 on 1 time with the guide and it went like a dream. She even had better air control than the guide, with more than half her tank left when he was down to 1/4 (or something). He said that if she had done the coursework, he would easily certify her with 2 more dives. We didn't really have time that vacation so that she could spend 2 days in a classroom.

So we're planning on having a kid soon, so this was like the last chance for a number of years. We hired another private guide so that she could have 100% attention again, but she got bulldozed and had a miserable time. And yes, I did research the guide options thoroughly first.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

I cant imagine how hosed this is. Just horrible stuff. Guessing the guy is maybe brain disabled by their reaction so thats fine if so.

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 15, 2020

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Beachcomber posted:

I mean, most of/all the reefs in the world are above 40 feet. PADI/RAID Open Water is probably the most common certification in the world.

We did previously try to get her PADI certified here, but she couldn't handle the cold water, even in their thickest wetsuit. She has a medical condition that makes her very temperature sensitive and also a bit weaker.

From there, when we were in Kauai, we did a private "Discover Scuba" course where I found out that I am too claustrophobic for scuba, so she got 1 on 1 time with the guide and it went like a dream. She even had better air control than the guide, with more than half her tank left when he was down to 1/4 (or something). He said that if she had done the coursework, he would easily certify her with 2 more dives. We didn't really have time that vacation so that she could spend 2 days in a classroom.

So we're planning on having a kid soon, so this was like the last chance for a number of years. We hired another private guide so that she could have 100% attention again, but she got bulldozed and had a miserable time. And yes, I did research the guide options thoroughly first.

Ahhh, gotcha. I wasn't trying to be judgmental but I think it would suck for somebody to miss out on their dream of SCUBA due to poo poo instruction and poor equipment.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tarkus posted:

Ahhh, gotcha. I wasn't trying to be judgmental but I think it would suck for somebody to miss out on their dream of SCUBA due to poo poo instruction and poor equipment.

Same, but asthma. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Solice Kirsk posted:

Same, but asthma. :mad:

If it's a matter of exertion they make little propeller friends to move you around. Accessible diving is huge these days.