Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dustin Said Trans Rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ooof some of those replies. Dustin is great.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gently caress the replies, here's Tony Deppen

https://twitter.com/Tony_Deppen/status/1228426603509751808

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Albanese Sugar-free gummy bears

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

eat gummy bears and that's what you get. extended sessions on the toilet.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sticky Nate posted:

eat gummy bears and that's what you get. extended sessions on the toilet.

Only if they're Habbos

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Spikegal posted:

Yeah, I don't know what I expected or why I even looked.

I feel like AEW is going to do a pretty good job at educating some of its older employees/workers through their inclusivity and overall youth. I didn't realize Dustin's kid was trans, so he might have already been a trans rights supporter but it's awesome to see older white dudes who you would just assume aren't very good about this stuff turn out to be pretty good about this stuff.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress that cop

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Larry meant “bribe” here, he’s a commentator for Dragon Gate

I’m all in on the gently caress Ryan Satin train

I can't believe I was so busy hating Ryan Satin for being an unrepentant WWE shill that I forgot to hate Ryan Satin for being a TMZ tabloid garbage golem. :(

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Spikegal posted:

We all know better than to read the replies but we all still put our heads in that open car door and slam the fucker shut anyway. Luckily i checked it early enough to have the worst thing being someone getting mad at Dustin for burying Sammy Guevara in a match or something.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, I don't know what I expected or why I even looked.

I feel like AEW is going to do a pretty good job at educating some of its older employees/workers through their inclusivity and overall youth. I didn't realize Dustin's kid was trans, so he might have already been a trans rights supporter but it's awesome to see older white dudes who you would just assume aren't very good about this stuff turn out to be pretty good about this stuff.

There's a thing that happens with a certain sort of older social conservative that I think of as Dick Cheney Syndrome. Basically it takes a personal connectioon to the issue to get on board with the issue, but once they have that connection they feel it sincerely (a la Cheney being pro same sex marriage back in the early 2000s because of his daughter).

Not saying that's the case with Dustin. From all I've seen he might just be a really good dude. But it's something I've seen happen before.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Val Venis/Sean Morley has taken the opposite stance from Dustin regarding Nyla's win. I won't bother posting them.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/Ortiz_Powerful/status/1228439839525265409?s=20

I had no idea that Ortiz was in those amazing 2kw videos back in the day. But it makes me love him even more. BRING IN SIR WILLIAM BLACK!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

a big fat bunny posted:

we all still put our heads in that open car door and slam the fucker shut anyway.

Insensitive to Dustin considering what Hager did to him

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lamuella posted:

There's a thing that happens with a certain sort of older social conservative that I think of as Dick Cheney Syndrome. Basically it takes a personal connectioon to the issue to get on board with the issue, but once they have that connection they feel it sincerely (a la Cheney being pro same sex marriage back in the early 2000s because of his daughter).

Not saying that's the case with Dustin. From all I've seen he might just be a really good dude. But it's something I've seen happen before.

Dick Cheney signed off on letting his other daughter throw her gay sister under the bus for political reasons so he must not have been that sincere.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but that's Liv Morgan.

It's obvious that's Handsome Rusev wearing a bad blonde wig.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lamuella posted:

Sometimes it takes a personal experience to humanize the situation.

When I was growing up my dad was one of those "well, there's no STRAIGHT pride parade " types. Then, about a decade ago one of my closest friends came out as gay. He's a stand up guy and someone my dad has always had a lot of respect for.

It was like this switch flipped and it dawned on him that this great person was afraid to express who they really were and how hosed up that is.

When my buddy got married my dad not only attended but also gave a toast. My dad giving a toast at a gay wedding was something I definitely never thought I'd see.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Grant DaNasty posted:

In 2020 we've found out that Sgt. Slaughter was never in the miltary, yet it turns out Ted Dibiase is an actual evil greedy millionaire.

I knew Slaughter was bullshitting for the simple fact that he always wore Army insignia but claimed he was in the Marines, and having known several jarheads I can confidently state that this is anathema to them

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

You should read the replies so you can find stuff like Bix fuckin vaporizing someone

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1228430003467059201?s=20

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think Dustin also feels genuinely remorseful for some of the early Golddust stuff that was pretty offensive to queer people and is making up for it a bit by helping to elevate current performers like Nyla or his work with Sonny Kiss.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Ishin posted:

I had no idea that Ortiz was in those amazing 2kw videos back in the day. But it makes me love him even more. BRING IN SIR WILLIAM BLACK!

I would love to see him big boot someone's head off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

extradite THIS! posted:

You should read the replies so you can find stuff like Bix fuckin vaporizing someone

Holy gently caress that dork just got hit with the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart technique over Social Media.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
But what does small dick Sean have to say about the subject?

https://twitter.com/KayfabeNews/status/1228432472393887744?s=19

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Val Venis, known to be a loving idiot, continues to be a loving idiot

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Ishin posted:

https://twitter.com/Ortiz_Powerful/status/1228439839525265409?s=20

It’s ok, we don’t have to cancel Erick Stevens

https://twitter.com/erickstevens82/status/1228441424179404810

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well gently caress, anybody who questions her credentials was already an idiot moron dumbfuck with a butt for a face, but anybody who STILL questions them after this is too stupid for science to measure.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There was a nice moment at the Marvelous Korakuen where Chigusa came out for her match (singing her way through the crowd it was awesome) and got to the ring and everyone wanted to shake her hand. She specifically avoided Nyla until last and then gave her a big hug. Chigusa is just the best.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Maria Manic says she's homeless but money isn't a problem but a lawyer is 3000 and she's not sure she can drop 3000 and is looking for someone to rent her a room. Um... wut. I call bullshit.

Oh, kept listening "I'd like to have some money".

Now she is crying about wanting to box for money and not caring if it's the top fighter right now as long as there is money to get him out.

This is 2020 Chyna.

"I have money I make a salary, I have money to support myself but not to get him out"

This being Teddy's only "social media" is quite something. This might be worse then drunk tweet and deletes.

"DON'T GET ME WRONG TED IS A MASTERMINNNDDD GENIUSSS, IF TED WANTED TO HAVE COMPLETE MIND CONTROL OVER SOMEONE HE EASILY COULD, IVE WATCHED HIM DO IT, HE DOES IT AS A JOKE JUST TO SHOW PEOPLE HE CAN DO IT". - y'know that mental abuse for fun typa life.

Yukaichiban fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 15, 2020

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

extradite THIS! posted:

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1228430003467059201?s=20

Get em bix

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Bix you are rad and I'm glad you take on all those dipshits at once

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Bix you are rad and I'm glad you take on all those dipshits at once
There are bad passive aggressive transphobic takes and there are bad passive aggressive transphobic takes where you (the royal you) somehow suggest that other transphobic idiots harassing DUSTIN RHODES for supporting his trans son are the ones considering "the biblical standpoint." Not the vocally spiritual born-again 12-stepper who, when confronted with his son coming out as trans, knew that the right thing was choosing to continue to love and support him. Normally I consider transphobes beyond help and block/report them, but this was such a bizarre variety of nerve that I *has* to say something.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how about that tweet asking rhetorically, as if making a good point, how denying a person's identity is bigoted. there is no answer. no answer. hold On. the answer is anime cum face. i understand now

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Cavauro posted:

how about that tweet asking rhetorically, as if making a good point, how denying a person's identity is bigoted. there is no answer. no answer. hold On. the answer is anime cum face. i understand now
And it's extra sad that...I think some of them actually think it shields them from being bigots? That they don't think they're just trying to shield themselves from criticism, that they actually don't get that a religious justification doesn't make it Not Bigotry.

As for the larger topic, I tend to be REALLY skeptical of evangelicals, especially in wrestling, as I'm sure many of you are. If someone had asked me before the last day or so to name a born-again Christian wrestler who I was 100% convinced was 1. Not working the conversion 2. Was a genuinely good person who was only taking the good from his religious awakening, I would have just answered "Mr. Brickster." And then I would have tried to remember who was vocally pro-LGBTQ+ rights that also happened to be a Christian. I'm glad that Dustin can be added to that list. It also just nice to see that he seems like he's genuinely happy, fulfilled at work, and able to enjoy the fruits of his now long-term sobriety.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Thanks for doing the right thing Bix. I stay away from Twitter because it's just a world I don't understand and I know that trying to hang out in it would be bad for me mentally. You own em in the tweets and I'll own em in the streets lol

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Sean Morley is a self-proclaimed libertarian, shouldn't he be all for an individual's rights? Because it sounds like he wants to be able to regulate who is a woman and who isn't :thunk:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ThePariah posted:

Sean Morley is a self-proclaimed libertarian, shouldn't he be all for an individual's rights? Because it sounds like he wants to be able to regulate who is a woman and who isn't :thunk:
libertarians are just nazis who want to smoke weed

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

ThePariah posted:

Like 99% of libertarians think that the government should leave everyone alone to live exactly how the libertarian wants. Also that age of consent laws shouldn't exist.

I'm saying 99% because I've met exactly one libertarian who wasn't like that.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ThePariah posted:

I mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jesus WEP posted:

libertarians are just nazis who want to smoke weed

That's unfair.

Some of them are very excited to abolish the age of consent