Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Feeding by consent is pretty stupid when your entire society is based around hiding your existence from humanity (for extremely good reasons).

Yep

The only ethical predator type is Farmer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Archonex posted:

Which makes it hilarious that it works. Literally the first person that gets revealed as her feeding from is like "Yeah okay if it'll help.". Turns out that most people aren't sociopathic dickheads!

This character is then killed to protect the masquerade, to Annabelle's horror.

There's a few times where this is brought up in the 1e books. Turns out that so long as the vampires don't try to sell out the Changelings or get addicted to their blood they get along pretty well.

Hell, one of the generic takes on the Vampire splat literally is just "Oh, they have to drink blood and have a whole bunch of weird biological traits? And i'm supposed to be scared of them?" by a leechfinger. There's also one misunderstanding I recall reading where some people look at blood drinking and vampiric changelings and assume that vampires are just Changelings in denial or something. Basically taking two similarities and assuming that a similarity equals the same thing so who gives a gently caress.

Then again there's just as many Changelings that look at the ones that enslave people with their blood and think it's time to bust out the contracts that control fire. So it's doubtful something like a vampire in the Lancaea, Invictus, and maybe the nastier religions in the Circle of the Crone would get along with them. None of them are big on freedom or letting someone with literally magic blood get away. Though they'd cloak in their own faction based bullshit.

I like her as much as the next LA by night viewer, but shes still a monster despite her best efforts. Consenualists are leeches like every other Kindred they just happen to ask permission of the people they're exploiting

A truly ethical vampire is either Farmer or sun themselves the first day

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Oberst posted:

I like her as much as the next LA by night viewer, but shes still a monster despite her best efforts. Consenualists are leeches like every other Kindred they just happen to ask permission of the people they're exploiting

A truly ethical vampire is either Farmer or sun themselves the first day

How about a vampire who in life was big into PETA and the ASPCA who refuses to drink from animals but is completely fine with human "cattle" raised in captivity for slaughter?

Because "farmer vampire" can go in some pretty hosed-up horrifying directions.

And because I want to take a few more whacks at an equine corpse, I do kind of see a "need" for Beast. Every other game line pretty well covers the classic monster/horror types: vampires, werewolves, ghosts, golems/frankenstein/constructs, faeries, demons and finally mummies. Even Deviant deals with the "person twisted by science/weirdness into a monstrosity like the Invisible man, the Fly, etc." And Hunter not only deals with the people who hunt monsters, it brings in the idea of the modern slasher types as well (though generally not as PCs). The only thing lacking (beyond full-on extraterrestrials) is the dragon/eldritch monstrosity/mythic monsters that cover everything from sea serpents to poo poo from Lovecraft. So, yeah, there is kind of a hole there in terms of a monster type, and especially a PC monster type.

However, the actual game with Hunger and the horrifying poo poo that must be done to satiate it just sucks every last bit of fun and goodwill out of it for me. Maybe it's not quite Pedophile: The Molesting, but Jesus does it tread a lot of the same path.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 14, 2020

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Also, the ethics goes in both directions. Consentialist is arguably more ethical for the people you're feeding from, but has a considerable risk of getting huge numbers of other vampires killed.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
do the capitalism thing and just own a motel full of people you bury in material comforts, who willingly let you take from them in exchange for giving up all obligations and responsibilities.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Everyone posted:

How about a vampire who in life was big into PETA and the ASPCA who refuses to drink from animals but is completely fine with human "cattle" raised in captivity for slaughter?

Because "farmer vampire" can go in some pretty hosed-up horrifying directions.

Nah thought experiment doesnt work, Farmer is explicitly only animals. You get a prey exclusion for Humans that gives you a stain upon feeding from hoonans

Oberst
May 24, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Also, the ethics goes in both directions. Consentialist is arguably more ethical for the people you're feeding from, but has a considerable risk of getting huge numbers of other vampires killed.

Nah, they're monsters who fool themselves. Humans eat animals just like Farmer. Eating from other people with consent is just being a monster with extra steps

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Oberst posted:

Nah thought experiment doesnt work, Farmer is explicitly only animals. You get a prey exclusion for Humans that gives you a stain upon feeding from hoonans

Depends on your definition. Maybe there's some specific, in-game character type called "Farmer" that acts like that, but there's absolutely no reason that a vampire couldn't set up some kind of hosed-up human farm/ranch/plantation and do exactly what I just described. Hell, figure that back in the "good old days" plenty of vampires did exactly that. The plot of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter posited vampires supporting the South so that they could keep using slaves as food.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yeah none of that is relevant to discussion of Annabelle's feedkng habits and predator types in LA by night. Youd quickly enter into wassail from racking up stains in V5 doing that poo poo

This is why i used capital F Predator Type Farmer hth

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

CottonWolf posted:

Possibly getting a huge number of other vampires killed is supposed to be an ethical downside?

Digital Osmosis fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 14, 2020

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Everyone posted:

Depends on your definition. Maybe there's some specific, in-game character type called "Farmer" that acts like that, but there's absolutely no reason that a vampire couldn't set up some kind of hosed-up human farm/ranch/plantation and do exactly what I just described. Hell, figure that back in the "good old days" plenty of vampires did exactly that. The plot of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter posited vampires supporting the South so that they could keep using slaves as food.

Slaves are just one big herd. It has nothing to do with predator type

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Digital Osmosis posted:

Possibly getting a huge number of other vampires killed is supposed to be an ethical downside?

Probably if you're a vampire? I mean, as a human, if vampires existed, getting a load of them vampires killed would definitely be a plus, but presumably your moral obligations change when you actually become a vampire, unless you, as a vampire, come at it from the perspecitive that your existence is inherently evil.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Vampires are also one of the few player-character supernaturals that could be eradicated from the world and create a net positive from their absence.

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013

Digital Osmosis posted:

lmao gently caress them, got mine

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Oberst posted:

Nah, they're monsters who fool themselves. Humans eat animals just like Farmer. Eating from other people with consent is just being a monster with extra steps

Humans also donate their labour-power to each other all the time.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Oberst posted:

Almost as if....Humanity were a core aspect of the characters :thunk:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

So, what is new in the Scion 2E launch schedule? Last I checked the preview versions of Origins and Hero were out, did they release anything else?

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Part of why I like Requiem's take on the Masquerade (as in the practice of vampires hiding among the herd) better in the first place. Somebody on the Onyx Path forums had a good description for how they differ.

The Masquerade in VTM is solid but brittle. It is very hard to penetrate, very hard for a mortal to learn much of anything about the supernatural without the consent or participation of a supernatural being, and thus supernatural beings are strongly protected from discovery. But a breach is treated as a serious danger that can spread and break down the Masquerade if not dealt with and silenced, and so supernatural beings monitor, mobilize, and descend.

The collective Masquerade in VTR is porous but flexible. It is relatively easy to penetrate, and it is not uncommon for mortals to breach the collective Masquerade and learn of the supernatural. But a breach does not threaten to destroy the Masquerade, in part because a vampire's Masquerade is in fact a personal and singular thing before it is a collective labor. Vampires do not worry if a given mortal learns of the supernatural or even of vampires in particular. Vampires only worry if a mortal gets close to learning that they, specifically, are vampires. Mortals in the Chronicles of Darkness fear the dark and aren't eager to confront it when it can be avoided. As long as nobody can identify the harm a specific vampire is doing and pick up pitchforks and torches, that vampire does not care whether they know that some unseen force walks among them and manipulates them. What are they going to do about it? If they can't identify a target, the vampire is safe anyway.

Consensual feeding is more viable in VTR because other vampires who find out you're keeping blood dolls don't get antsy about icing them as long as they don't have unusually loose lips. They still might hurt or kill them to get to you? But that's not a reason to avoid consensual feeding as much as it is a reason to avoid having friends or acquaintances, and that's a pretty tall ask.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 14, 2020

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Everyone posted:

And because I want to take a few more whacks at an equine corpse, I do kind of see a "need" for Beast. Every other game line pretty well covers the classic monster/horror types: vampires, werewolves, ghosts, golems/frankenstein/constructs, faeries, demons and finally mummies. Even Deviant deals with the "person twisted by science/weirdness into a monstrosity like the Invisible man, the Fly, etc." And Hunter not only deals with the people who hunt monsters, it brings in the idea of the modern slasher types as well (though generally not as PCs). The only thing lacking (beyond full-on extraterrestrials) is the dragon/eldritch monstrosity/mythic monsters that cover everything from sea serpents to poo poo from Lovecraft. So, yeah, there is kind of a hole there in terms of a monster type, and especially a PC monster type.
I disagree that there is any need for such entities to be playable PCs, or for that matter that a game where you played such would be a good fit for the wider line. You're talking about creatures which are most effectively depicted more as impersonal forces of nature, not people who need to juggle their supernatural poo poo with making sure they pay the gas bill.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Warthur posted:

I disagree that there is any need for such entities to be playable PCs, or for that matter that a game where you played such would be a good fit for the wider line. You're talking about creatures which are most effectively depicted more as impersonal forces of nature, not people who need to juggle their supernatural poo poo with making sure they pay the gas bill.

Well, truth be told, I guess there really isn't a need for anyone to play any kind of supernatural. Running Chronicles of Darkness as a straight-up Mortal horror game with basically normal people trying to deal with all this bizarre, inhuman horror is completely viable. That said, in a game line with ways to play vampires, werewolves and even demons, I can see how there would be some story space opening around, say, Sherry Lobrowski, third grade teacher in a not-so-great, crime-ridden neighborhood, who tries to teach her students, deal with school administration and function as part of society even though one huge aspect of her is that of Shelob, the dark spider-demon from the Lord of the Rings, who takes pleasure in luring various criminals and gang-bangers in to be consumed in her web.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Everyone posted:

Well, truth be told, I guess there really isn't a need for anyone to play any kind of supernatural. Running Chronicles of Darkness as a straight-up Mortal horror game with basically normal people trying to deal with all this bizarre, inhuman horror is completely viable. That said, in a game line with ways to play vampires, werewolves and even demons, I can see how there would be some story space opening around, say, Sherry Lobrowski, third grade teacher in a not-so-great, crime-ridden neighborhood, who tries to teach her students, deal with school administration and function as part of society even though one huge aspect of her is that of Shelob, the dark spider-demon from the Lord of the Rings, who takes pleasure in luring various criminals and gang-bangers in to be consumed in her web.

There's not really any substantial difference in this concept if you just run Sherry as a demon except for aesthetics. As a matter of fact, Sherry is better served as a demon because Demon actually handles and addresses your life as a third grade teacher in addition to your life as your friendly neighborhood Spider-Woman, and you can turn into a big spider without having to set up the right mood lighting for it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think people don't think of Demon like that because Demon is deeply embedded (har!) in its specific thing, and if you haven't unlocked (har!) that particular set of analogies and resonances in your own heart, it's difficult to really get your head around. Like Demon is definitely the nWoD game that makes me think I just didn't watch the same movie as people, while I "get" the gist of most of the other concepts OK just fine.

I say this despite playing in a Demon game. Like it never resonated to be some kind of paranoid spy person except also a devil except God is bad (?) and controlling. Perhaps it roots in some unstated experience I don't share.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Slimnoid posted:

Vampires are also one of the few player-character supernaturals that could be eradicated from the world and create a net positive from their absence.
I think about the only thing Vamps as a whole do that might be "good" for non-vamps in general in nWoD is "keep the Strix focused on them and not other people"?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Nessus posted:

Like Demon is definitely the nWoD game that makes me think I just didn't watch the same movie as people, while I "get" the gist of most of the other concepts OK just fine.

I like this idea for understanding or not understanding a splat. Do you have any ideas what those other movies are, or are you just going off a vague impression?

(I'm really just looking for movie recommendations, here. Minimally familiar with nWoD Demon, but I like movies.)

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Demon: NFS: Tokoyo Drift, JoJo Rabbit, Okja, Overlord

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013

I Am Just a Box posted:

There's not really any substantial difference in this concept if you just run Sherry as a demon except for aesthetics. As a matter of fact, Sherry is better served as a demon because Demon actually handles and addresses your life as a third grade teacher in addition to your life as your friendly neighborhood Spider-Woman, and you can turn into a big spider without having to set up the right mood lighting for it.

You could also do it in Changeling. Being a well-intentioned supernatural weirdo who doesn't quite fit in alongside one's fellow man is a big deal in that gameline too.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Vavrek posted:

I like this idea for understanding or not understanding a splat. Do you have any ideas what those other movies are, or are you just going off a vague impression?

(I'm really just looking for movie recommendations, here. Minimally familiar with nWoD Demon, but I like movies.)
I get lots of Changeling vibes off Twin Peaks and I suspect I'm not alone from this.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Vavrek posted:

To fully grasp Demon: the Descent, you must watch Dark City. Next, watch The Bourne Identity, and think, "what if he was also reshaping reality around him while beating the poo poo out of that dude with a rolled-up magazine?" Finally, watch 1992's Sneakers, keeping in the back of your mind the idea that if things went wrong for any of the characters (including-and-especially Dan Akroyd or the blind David Strathairn), they would first do Jason Bourne poo poo, then finally Dark City poo poo. And then they would be fighting Dark City antagonists as a result.

Now, you understand Demon.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Vavrek posted:

Sure.

Vampire is pretty self-evident, even if you refer to works that aren't directly connected to the urban fantasy genre that V:tM strongly influenced.

Werewolf made no sense to me until I realized it was a bunch of conlang around, essentially, a police procedural.

Changeling is about runaway and abuse stories in large part (in addition to, you know, fairy tales and so forth).

Mummy is about RETURNING THE SLAB.

Mage is Alan Moore/Grant Morrison comics; John Constantine would be archetypical for a Awakening mage in my perspective, and frankly, possibly Swamp Thing too.

Geist I haven't sat down and gotten to grips with but would seem to connect to a lot of modern-era ghost stories, particularly ones like Beetlejuice or the Tim Burton corpus, where death and the afterworld can suck but also contains energy and the potential for good/fun things to happen.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

To fully grasp Demon: the Descent, you must watch Dark City. Next, watch The Bourne Identity, and think, "what if he was also reshaping reality around him while beating the poo poo out of that dude with a rolled-up magazine?" Finally, watch 1992's Sneakers, keeping in the back of your mind the idea that if things went wrong for any of the characters (including-and-especially Dan Akroyd or the blind David Strathairn), they would first do Jason Bourne poo poo, then finally Dark City poo poo. And then they would be fighting Dark City antagonists as a result.

Now, you understand Demon.
I liked Sneakers, but why are these "Demons"? It's like Demon is In Nomine but for a religion in a different timeline. Which is intellectually very cool except I ain't ever heard of it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nessus posted:

Geist I haven't sat down and gotten to grips with but would seem to connect to a lot of modern-era ghost stories, particularly ones like Beetlejuice or the Tim Burton corpus, where death and the afterworld can suck but also contains energy and the potential for good/fun things to happen.
I liked Sneakers, but why are these "Demons"? It's like Demon is In Nomine but for a religion in a different timeline. Which is intellectually very cool except I ain't ever heard of it.
Demons are like this because of the God Machine. If God is an unknowably complex genius-idiot machine, its servants are impossible mechanical beings.

Also because it gives you something to do (espionage) instead of like. Just punching angels all day and wondering why everyone on the planet isn't immediately a Machine Lutheran or whatever.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Demons are like this because of the God Machine. If God is an unknowably complex genius-idiot machine, its servants are impossible mechanical beings.

Also because it gives you something to do (espionage) instead of like. Just punching angels all day and wondering why everyone on the planet isn't immediately a Machine Lutheran or whatever.
Right, like, this poo poo is cool, and it's incredibly possible that to a certain extent it is just that I'm too old to have breathed in this particular worldview. But it also isn't something casually connectable to an archetypical schema, so you don't get that mental transfer, and thus, you get Beast kind of reinventing the wheel (but the wheel is made out of abuse).

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Zereth posted:

I think about the only thing Vamps as a whole do that might be "good" for non-vamps in general in nWoD is "keep the Strix focused on them and not other people"?

This is assuming Strix aren't a byproduct of vampires in the first place and would either not exist if vamps didn't exist, or would quickly lose purpose and fade away if all the leeches disappeared overnight.

Strix seem wholly focused on vampires and little else. Without them around, what would they even do? Hoot ominously at Agent Dale Cooper?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Slimnoid posted:

This is assuming Strix aren't a byproduct of vampires in the first place and would either not exist if vamps didn't exist, or would quickly lose purpose and fade away if all the leeches disappeared overnight.

Strix seem wholly focused on vampires and little else. Without them around, what would they even do? Hoot ominously at Agent Dale Cooper?

Possess humans and corpses. They already do that.

They like vampires as hosts best because vampires give them the broadest array of tools, and they have some ancient ties to certain vampiric clans...but honestly, the causal connection goes the other way. The Striges were tied to making certain kinds of vampire, they existed independently before that.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Boron_the_Moron posted:

You could also do it in Changeling. Being a well-intentioned supernatural weirdo who doesn't quite fit in alongside one's fellow man is a big deal in that gameline too.

Absolutely true, I almost brought Changeling up in my post too. I favored Demon on account of the mechanical support for being a giant horrible spider.

Warthur posted:

I get lots of Changeling vibes off Twin Peaks and I suspect I'm not alone from this.

Twin Peaks is my personal go-to reference for understanding the raw, elemental nature of spirits (or at least more powerful spirits) in the CofD, how they are alien in mindset, distant and hard to understand even as allies, and facets of an ancient natural world who nevertheless manifest in ways that incorporate modern symbols. BOB is the reason the Storm Lords hunt.

Twin Peaks: The Return shifts this and incorporates vibes of both Changeling and Demon. The tulpa is simultaneously a Changeling fetch and a Demon Cover. The lumberjacks are angels, but being in their realm is more like a Durance in Faerie, as is being in the Fireman's house. Sarah Palmer is an angel, a demon, or a Huntsman.

Nessus posted:

The answer to "why are these Demons?" is that these are the things that made the world the way it is. Whether or not the God-Machine literally created the universe, its angels are effectively the architects of the material world and the Princes of the Air, and its demons are creators who have turned against the design to which they were set. Both angels and demons have a perspective looking from the outside in. The demons just have a different opinion about what they see.

I do think one weakness of Descent is that a lot of demons are implied to have had brief and recent existences as angels, maybe having memory of being put to one or two jobs in modern time. Demon should definitely have fallen angels who are ancient and were present for secret projects of import long ago. Demons would make more sense as demons this way. An angel should be a big deal, not a disposable part; the God-Machine makes other stuff for its disposable parts.

There's also just no shame in not really seeing the same appeal in a game that others do. I don't really get what Aeon is all about genre-wise, but I don't think it has a broken genre, it's just in my blind spot.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 15, 2020

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

That Old Tree posted:

Since the game I shall be starting soon will be either Lost or Awakening, I've been tinkering with just that! I've only been at it for a few days, it's not totally finished, and it's completely untested, but lemme know what you think.

Yes! This is more like what I wanted from Talecrafting when I first heard about it! It looks good from what you have down now - I'd love to hear how it works in practice!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Yes! This is more like what I wanted from Talecrafting when I first heard about it! It looks good from what you have down now - I'd love to hear how it works in practice!

Thanks! It turns out I'll be running Mage*, but I'm always tinkering so I will hopefully get around to polishing this up.

* Two buddies fresh out of wizard college tooling around North America in their talking van visiting balls of twine, corn mazes and Ripley's-tier ripoff sites where real magic suddenly appears to be happening. The Obrimos Libertine had a girlfriend in Canada, but because of her future Ascension she retroactively never existed.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Nessus posted:

Geist is 50% a CBS primetime supernatural procedural and 50% trying to urge ghosts to seize the means of production by smashing the eldritch bourgeoisie.

Also

quote:

Mummy is about RETURNING THE SLAB.
gently caress you, I just audibly chortled on public transportation

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Froghammer posted:

Geist is 50% a CBS primetime supernatural procedural and 50% trying to urge ghosts to seize the means of production by smashing the eldritch bourgeoisie.

I think it would be fun to fuse this take on Geist with the Beetlejuice take by way of the movie's weird afterlife bureaucracy, where the guy in the waiting room has the shrunken head. An eerie bureaucracy that's colorful and weird and fun to interact with while still being worthy of being smashed. Just because this Betelgeuse guy isn't any better than a ghost eater for being a living eater instead doesn't mean the people running Underworld Dominion Services have your best interests at heart.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

I Am Just a Box posted:

The answer to "why are these Demons?" is that these are the things that made the world the way it is. Whether or not the God-Machine literally created the universe, its angels are effectively the architects of the material world and the Princes of the Air, and its demons are creators who have turned against the design to which they were set. Both angels and demons have a perspective looking from the outside in. The demons just have a different opinion about what they see.

I do think one weakness of Descent is that a lot of demons are implied to have had brief and recent existences as angels, maybe having memory of being put to one or two jobs in modern time. Demon should definitely have fallen angels who are ancient and were present for secret projects of import long ago. Demons would make more sense as demons this way. An angel should be a big deal, not a disposable part; the God-Machine makes other stuff for its disposable parts.

There's also just no shame in not really seeing the same appeal in a game that others do. I don't really get what Aeon is all about genre-wise, but I don't think it has a broken genre, it's just in my blind spot.

Gonna agree here, as someone who loves Demon. I feel like it really benefits from combining this sense of ancient history and majesty of "You know why there's so many myths about a wolf swallowing the sun? Me." juxtaposed against the tense, claustrophobic day-to-day life being a creature that wears human identities like a hermit crab wears shells. Then again I've always been towards the side of the fence that treats it as a more MGS/Bond sort of experience with people playing faster and looser about the specifics of cover so they can do Crazy Occult Things and Hammy Speeches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Froghammer posted:

Also

gently caress you, I just audibly chortled on public transportation

Geist is also Persona/Jojo.