Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Awesome Animals posted:

Wait a minute...are Faye and Mai related? Is Yu-Gi-Oh and Cowboy Bebop in the same cinematic universe?!

Related by marriage, and Jill is their cousin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

1979 Gundam is the only good anime because it's from before the perverts got to anime.

the original Gundam series had extended scenes of fifteen-year-old Fraw naked, bathing the little kids

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

homeless snail posted:

"Radical" Edward Elric

Jet Stingray

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
HK Update: Put together a real good run through Pantheon 5, got NKG down to half health, dashed towards a fireball instead of away from it and died :sad: The worst is that I know that I would have fought PV after that, a fight I feel super-comfortable doing, and then boom I'm at the top. Time to practice!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Dewgy posted:

Related by marriage, and Jill is their cousin.

There are a lot of connections to be made. It's a big family.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine_(name)#Fictional_characters

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Awesome Animals posted:

There are a lot of connections to be made. It's a big family.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine_(name)#Fictional_characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjz6xDyEY8

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Yu-Gi-Oh is so ugly.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

No really, Happy Valentine's Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IrheLf0Ki0

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSgYOevKx54

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

My switchs 's left analog stick kept drifting up and making my Link fall of cliffs, I tried repairing it but instead now the stick, well, sticks and struggles to push forward every once in a while. Is it valentine's day or something because I feel hosed

if you live in the US noa will repair stick drift for free due to a class action

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

from a few pages ago but my Resident Evil hot take is that Resident Evil 7 seems so obviously not good in the gameplay department. when I see it streamed, it doesn't look like shooting the bosses matters very much at all, they look like extremely scripted

It is good, but its good horror gameplay, not good action gameplay.

RE4-6 and RE1-3 are completely different types of games. So you gotta look at it in the right perspective.

Silent Hill bosses also seems like shooting them doesn't matter very much, and they're kinda awkward. Its the nature of survival horror; the combat isn't really the focus.

Combat does become more of a thing towards the second half of RE7 but its still more about running around a spooky house than it is about mowing down Ganados.

Best experienced in VR where the horror is cranked up to 11.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

guns not doing much and making it so you have to run away is why re was good it was bad it became a weird action game. also if you dont play re2 remake on hardcore it doesnt count.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh no I agree with Stux.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Jay Rust posted:

Tell me, gamers, what's worse: a controller button that sometimes registers when you don't press it, or a controller button that won't always register when you press it?

I'm equally triggered by both these statements but I think that a button that doesn't register when you press it is preferable, else you might:

Accidentally attack an NPC
Close a trade earlier than you meant to, or trade away an item you want
Delete a save game
Choose the wrong waifu

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You can 360 no scope a zombie with an anti-materiel rifle in RE6.

It's Good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

couldnt even make it through a single story of re6 it was so garbage. it was so bad they made the next one a first person horror game and completely changed the series back to what it was originally.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

1-4 are good, 5 & 6 are bad, 7 is good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

couldnt even make it through a single story of re6 it was so garbage. it was so bad they made the next one a first person horror game and completely changed the series back to what it was originally.

I went through the whole thing, then the whole thing again on the hardest difficulty

RE7 was ok I didn't finish it after I stopped laughing at the first couple hours

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I unlocked the last remaining elusive target suit in Hitman 2 today and then uninstalled it. I'm finally free :toot:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I went through the whole thing, then the whole thing again on the hardest difficulty

RE7 was ok I didn't finish it after I stopped laughing at the first couple hours

yeah but your taste in games is upside down so its understandable

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

yeah but your taste in games is upside down so its understandable

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Weedle posted:

5s fine and the end fight is v funny but its mostly just "ok". 6 is completely awful

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
The Thing (1982) is my favorite movie of all time. It's fantastic.

PantsBandit posted:

So I did actually play through most of Control but to me they didn't handle that stuff as well as Prey does. The constant redactions seem like a lazy writing tool, and there's a lot of documents that just add flavor to the organization without actually having any relevance to the story.

A friend told me 'try control, the best game ever' after I replayed Prey and said it was one of my favorite games of all time. Control was not a great experience for me. I found it too hard. The story was ok. I also saw a quote saying "every single redaction in Control is masterfully placed" and, what? No.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

5s fine and the end fight is v funny but its mostly just "ok". 6 is completely awful

My favorite part of 6 is when Chris and Piers, after shouting angrily enough to cure Chris's explosive amnesia over why he was angry to begin with, play Ridge Racer, Call of Duty, and Ace Combat in quick succession

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Tell me, gamers, what's worse: a controller button that sometimes registers when you don't press it, or a controller button that won't always register when you press it?

the former is way worse. working off a missed input is a lot easier because it means you haven't committed to any action. when a button presses itself it can screw you over into making you unable to do anything else

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Weedle posted:

objectively correct

but 1-3 and 4 are good for very different reasons

Convex posted:

I unlocked the last remaining elusive target suit in Hitman 2 today and then uninstalled it. I'm finally free :toot:

:golfclap:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what about when you fall off a platform because the jump didn't register....

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

RE5 is at least a fun co-op game, can't say the same for 6.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

what about when you fall off a platform because the jump didn't register....

you would have fallen off in either scenerio because your guy punched randomly or whatever and ate your jump input

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

RE5 is at least a fun co-op game, can't say the same for 6.

I thought 5 sucked tbh

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/mengo923/status/1228138580595396609?s=21

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
RE6 is terrible in campaign mode but Mercenaries is loving incredible, especially on PC when you can aim super fast with M+KB.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

this was cool until they showed the chick by the train with the fuckin molded torpedo tit armor and then fuckin cloud coming in at the end looking so unbelievably anime i just started laughing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The beginning of RE7 is perfect for Valentine's Day tbh

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the original Gundam series had extended scenes of fifteen-year-old Fraw naked, bathing the little kids

aw poo poo aw gently caress you're right anime is awful

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Yu-Gi-Oh is so ugly.

It's very pointy but I like it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hope RE3 remake is gonna be good. RE2 suffered a lot in the back half from too small a budget.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

aw poo poo aw gently caress you're right anime is awful

:hmmyes:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

5 is fun with a friend. 6 is fun with Leon and Chris's stories but Sherry and Jake's plotline is loving miserable.

Kerrzhe posted:

this was cool until they showed the chick by the train with the fuckin molded torpedo tit armor and then fuckin cloud coming in at the end looking so unbelievably anime i just started laughing

Jessie is a good girl you leave her alone

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kerrzhe posted:

I wasn't even going to watch it until you mentioned the torpedo tit armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grapplejack posted:

5 is fun with a friend. 6 is fun with Leon and Chris's stories but Sherry and Jake's plotline is loving miserable.

Jessie is a good girl you leave her alone

Lil' Wesker's is least good but still fun, especially the end, where he and the Ustanak are in the lava pit steel cage thing and recognize what they need to do - throw their weapons away and play Mortal Kombat instead. The Ustanak even puts his punch robot arm back on instead of his gun arm or bionic commando arm lol