Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Oh my god this is such blatant bullshittery (https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/3698/Who-will-win-the-2020-US-presidential-election)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

They should at least make it more blatant so I can make some decent money off of it

Bet you can't get it to 95 cents yes bloomberg

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's just a bit annoying that Bloomberg No still isn't a huge return and you're gonna have to wait forever to get your money out from it because of this pumping.

But it's free money.

Do you think he'll tank in price when he comes out on the debate stage and America collectively realizes he's short? I know Trump is tweeting about it all the time but the visual comparison is really gonna be something else.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

WampaLord posted:

It's just a bit annoying that Bloomberg No still isn't a huge return and you're gonna have to wait forever to get your money out from it because of this pumping.

But it's free money.

Do you think he'll tank in price when he comes out on the debate stage and America collectively realizes he's short? I know Trump is tweeting about it all the time but the visual comparison is really gonna be something else.

It depends on who is pumping it and why. Expecting anything rational put of a market that clearly isn't atm seems risky

But yeah, i get you on it not being a great roi. I am not going to be throwing much money at it, if any, and while 20% is good, the $2 that that will work out to isn't worth getting excited about.

Now if he finishes pumping himself up to 99 cents yes....

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Really wishing that I had remembered this site back when Bernie had his heart attack.

I never lost faith

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WampaLord posted:

But it's free money.

he'll wear like 5 inch lifts

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

he'll wear like 5 inch lifts

people will notice, just like they did with Liddle Marco

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

The Joe Man posted:

Alright, I think I'm done. Maxed out on Bernie while this fake Bloomberg surge pushes the prices down. Also made a sidebet on Gabbard for VP if Bernie soars after Super Tuesday:

I bought Tulsi VP shares just to sell when she drops out and endorses Bernie. Unless he makes a shock pick that's gonna be her peak in that market.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Garrand posted:

It looks like it does have historical data for past counts and also you can set it up to send alerts

Still don't know if I want to start delving those depths, will take a closer look at it once not on mobile

For erratic accounts like Trump and AOC tweet markets are basically 24-hour affairs where you can play swings. For more reliable accounts like the Biden and Sanders campaigns it's a weeklong investment where you put your money into a middle bracket based on their regular activity +/- upcoming events that will facilitate more or fewer posts.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

now some biden gains

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I hope I don't regret holding my Biden No in SC position through Tues night, it's down about .22 from the high that night. Still plenty of time for him to bomb another debate and finish behind Steyer in NV, I guess

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Guys you were supposed to buy low!!!

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Vox Nihili posted:

Guys you were supposed to buy low!!!

bloom no hasn't gotten low yet :colbert:

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Bloomberg and Bernie tied for prez lol

zynga dot com
Nov 11, 2001

wtf jill im not a bear!!!

A dossier and a state of melted brains: The Jess campaign has it all.
lol I just lost 30% of my portfolio, gently caress off Bloomberg

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao Bloomberg crashed in Texas after that poll got released.

Seems like buying Bloomberg No in markets with upcoming polls is an easy move

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

From the Succ thread:

Put some money into Warren dropping before Super Tuesday. Price is already up 10 cents.
just lost five bucks on this play :negative: tempted to cash out

I was expecting to be able to make a quick profit off of her terrible fundraising numbers but i guess there's still two primaries for her to do terribly in between now and March 3rd

cargo cult has issued a correction as of 19:18 on Feb 14, 2020

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

cargo cult posted:

just lost five bucks on this play :negative: tempted to cash out

I was expecting to be able to make a quick profit off of her terrible fundraising numbers but i guess there's still two primaries for her to do terribly in between now and March 3rd

Don't cash out. Her fundraising is likely poo poo so when FEC numbers come out there should be a spike. She may do well in NV but she sure as poo poo isn't going to in SC so you'll have the drop out Yes raising as results come in.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
When are the FEC numbers out? I thought she announced $5 million since NH even though she's actively firing staffers and stuff

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

cargo cult posted:

When are the FEC numbers out? I thought she announced $5 million since NH even though she's actively firing staffers and stuff

I thought FEC was the 15th but I may be misremembering

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Plot twist: Warren now playing her staffers exclusively in yes contracts

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Plot twist: Warren now playing her staffers exclusively in yes contracts

Double twist: All the yes contracts are for Bloomberg

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

any chance of bernie getting a congressional endorsement before EOD?

yes is sitting at 3 cents and i think he's got like three rallies today

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
they added tammy baldwin to the VP market today

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think he'll pick her but more betting on her being hyped up after bernie seals the nom

https://twitter.com/jacobinmag/status/1225460810807414784

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 23:00 on Feb 14, 2020

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
tbh if i'm bernie i'm not picking anyone outside of the campaign for VP since he actually has plans involving them

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
i am not sure gifting yourself a special election in wisconsin in 2021 is the best plan

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

jisforjosh posted:

I thought FEC was the 15th but I may be misremembering

I think it's the 20th for the monthlies.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

pancake rabbit posted:

any chance of bernie getting a congressional endorsement before EOD?

yes is sitting at 3 cents and i think he's got like three rallies today

lol i made a solid $300 off of this, gonna give it to berno

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

pancake rabbit posted:

All my funds are tied up in the primaries and I totally missed this window. Such a good heads up though.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

pancake rabbit posted:

gently caress gently caress poo poo I had 20 bucks I was going to throw into that but then work got in my way

E: I am legitimately angry at this but that's partly because work sucked too

Garrand has issued a correction as of 01:20 on Feb 15, 2020

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
a new SC poll has Biden up 28-20 over Sanders, I'm bailing out of my Biden No there now. should've sold Tuesday, I guess.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

wait till Biden eats poo poo in Nevada and that should impact the SC market

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

bawfuls posted:

wait till Biden eats poo poo in Nevada and that should impact the SC market

I might just reinvest into Bernie to win MI, MO and IL

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

skaboomizzy posted:

a new SC poll has Biden up 28-20 over Sanders, I'm bailing out of my Biden No there now. should've sold Tuesday, I guess.

Yeah, just like Biden was polling 22% in Iowa? And then ate poo poo?

Biden No is still free money imo and his prices will plummet when he gets 3rd or worse in Nevada

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

WampaLord posted:

Biden No is still free money imo and his prices will plummet when he gets 3rd or worse in Nevada

I had like $200 sitting around and threw it in at 10c on SC. I’m waiting until after NV to see how it goes but I’m currently 50/50 on bailing out before the SC primary.

I had planned to wait until it hit 33c before I bailed with my winnings, but now I’m getting emotionally invested and am making bad decisions.

At the very least I stopped adding cash to PI once I hit my planned budget.

The North Tower has issued a correction as of 07:39 on Feb 15, 2020

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Just max out on Bernie prez man, the Bloomberg push is over

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

WampaLord posted:

Be extremely wary when comparing polling in a caucus state to a normal primary. Caucuses deflate turnout and over represent the most fervent of supporters due to the time investment.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

Be extremely wary when comparing polling in a caucus state to a normal primary. Caucuses deflate turnout and over represent the most fervent of supporters due to the time investment.

That makes my point even harder, who's supporters are more fervent, Bernie's or Biden's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Vox’s take on Betfair and PredictIt

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/2/14/21137882/prediction-markets-bloomberg-sanders-president

They hint at Bloomberg buying his own shares as well.