Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

JackMann posted:

I will say this for the mekboy workshop: it's one fortification that you can deep strike. It's still not worth it, but it is hilarious.

Considering its orks and all, they should have let you drop it on a unit Wizard of Oz style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

JackMann posted:

I will say this for the mekboy workshop: it's one fortification that you can deep strike. It's still not worth it, but it is hilarious.

I don't know anything else about it, but I am in.

Can you take two?

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

JackMann posted:

Another hilarious fortifications case is that they all (most?) have the VEHICLE keyword, which means a knight with the gauntlet can pick them up and throw them.

So, you know, chuck an entire Tomb Citadel at a squad of scouts

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
So i'm absolutely pumped as hell for new tempestus. What looks like the new hotness? The -1ap seems fairly bananas from the 133rd lions, but I'm not sure given all the t4 marines out there. An extra ap doesn't cause much more damage since those 5up wounds on your standard rifles gatekeeps so many saves anyhow. Plasma spam seems like the obvious answer, and that extra -1ap gives a marine a 6up save in cover instead of 5up. That's half as many saves they're making.
The extra 6inch range regiment seems neat, but you're already double taking on plasma and you're doubling up the shots on the largely ineffective 3 str guns, so I don't know.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Harvey Mantaco posted:

So i'm absolutely pumped as hell for new tempestus. What looks like the new hotness? The -1ap seems fairly bananas from the 133rd lions, but I'm not sure given all the t4 marines out there. An extra ap doesn't cause much more damage since those 5up wounds on your standard rifles gatekeeps so many saves anyhow. Plasma spam seems like the obvious answer, and that extra -1ap gives a marine a 6up save in cover instead of 5up. That's half as many saves they're making.
The extra 6inch range regiment seems neat, but you're already double taking on plasma and you're doubling up the shots on the largely ineffective 3 str guns, so I don't know.

Wounding on 5s and saving on 4s is exactly the same as wounding on 4s and saving on 3s. (not that one option is +1str). An extra 6" range is great if you're deep striking, since it makes the Las be in rapid fire range. Doubling shots is a bigger increase to damage output than 1ap.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Booley posted:

Wounding on 5s and saving on 4s is exactly the same as wounding on 4s and saving on 3s. (not that one option is +1str). An extra 6" range is great if you're deep striking, since it makes the Las be in rapid fire range. Doubling shots is a bigger increase to damage output than 1ap.

Yeah, i reckon the extra range is where it's at.

Hotshot lasguns would actually be in rapid fire range, meaning even a basic squad with a tempestor prime can fire 36 shots which is pretty good. It also means you can deploy outside of deep strike deny bubbles or auspex scan range and rapid fire plasma guns.

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE

Anime_Otaku posted:

From what I have heard, fortifications in general aren’t great.

How dare you, the Skyshield Landing Pad is beautiful and perfect in every way!

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
For some reason I keep coming back to the "Mobilized infantry" doctrine where you ignore the penalty for moving with volley guns and you get +1 to hit the turn you hop out of your Taurox/Valk.

But there's talk of the +1 AP also applying to vehicles which might be kinda cool on a Taurox.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
How usable are Kroot or Vespids in 8th edition?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
Another set of warriors bringing me to a nice 9 strong blob:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

goose willis posted:

Not very

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

goose willis posted:

I’ve only played a small game vs Tau and they weren’t used, from batreps they don’t get much use and the only time I remember seeing the Kroot it was just as a disposable screening unit.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I would wait a while to form an opinion, the new book is not out till saturday and has stuff for kroot and vespid, they might see some more use soon.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

R0ckfish posted:

Another set of warriors bringing me to a nice 9 strong blob:

These are all so consistently nice. Do you have shot of the full force so far?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

These are all so consistently nice. Do you have shot of the full force so far?

Not yet, I plan to soon.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Getting some work done on my vindicator.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

JackMann posted:

Getting some work done on my vindicator.

Are you masking to make the yellow caution lines?

I like the way the metallic glints on the bottom of the blade.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Finally got around to finishing this ridiculous design for the Sisters:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

TKIY posted:

Finally got around to finishing this ridiculous design for the Sisters:

Mad respect for whatever player rocks up to my table and reverently places down that piece of bling and solemnly slots their miracle dice into it.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Kitchner posted:

Mad respect for whatever player rocks up to my table and reverently places down that piece of bling and solemnly slots their miracle dice into it.

It's actually less insane than the first design.

That one was going to be too expensive to print and too easy to tip over.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Please set up your phone so that you can play a snippet of gregorian chant whenever you use the dice.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Actually designed for a buddy of mine, my only 40K army at this point is Nids.

I'm selling them on my Etsy as usual (coupon code GOON10 for 10% off, you wonderful people!).

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
https://twitter.com/Neon_Goblin/status/1228345731813183488?s=20

Now to take a year to finish 2 more.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
I preferred the first design but appreciate the practicalities of size and cost. The altered version is still bad rear end.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

I really like that paint scheme, feels very space suit like.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ashcans posted:

Please set up your phone so that you can play a snippet of gregorian chant whenever you use the dice.

The Holy Hand Grenade one from Monty Python.

I'm sure it's just a normal chant but still.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Gameko posted:

Are you masking to make the yellow caution lines?

I like the way the metallic glints on the bottom of the blade.

Yep. Just some regular masking tape and an airbrush.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Does the focused fire stratagem stack with darkstrider?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
This sisters dice thing is the most popular design I've made by far. Going to be printing them into next week at this rate.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Ashcans posted:

Heh, I always wanted to play Wolf Totem by The Hu whenever my White Scars would start turn 3, always chickened our as I thought it’d annoy others.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Cthulu Carl posted:

The Holy Hand Grenade one from Monty Python.

I'm sure it's just a normal chant but still.

I hink you need to reserve that one for the day the Templars get their hand grenade back.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Ashcans posted:

this has a good gregorian sample

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mP_cBb40qo

also I will post some progress on my new admech painted models soon that im fairly proud of even if its no where near half the stuff i see you guys post, just gotta get my DSLR setup or something better than this lovely loaner phone I got right now

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 14, 2020

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFiek1v2Ll4

Angels of Death trailer

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Got some rare eBay deals and somehow ended up with a fireblade, darkstrider, and five squads of ten fire warriors for around a hundred dollars

:stare:

Is that a solid enough core for a 1000 point list and what should I add to it? Not a fan of the giant mech suits, so not really into anything significantly bigger than a crisis or broadside (I like those)

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Getting further in. I think I'll probably finish this tonight or tomorrow.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

goose willis posted:

Got some rare eBay deals and somehow ended up with a fireblade, darkstrider, and five squads of ten fire warriors for around a hundred dollars

Is that a solid enough core for a 1000 point list and what should I add to it? Not a fan of the giant mech suits, so not really into anything significantly bigger than a crisis or broadside (I like those)

I don't know poo poo about Tau but congrats on the good ebay deal, I love when that happens

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

JackMann posted:

Getting further in. I think I'll probably finish this tonight or tomorrow.

Are you going to add weathering effects?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Gameko posted:

Are you going to add weathering effects?

Yep, just waiting to finish the last of the edge highlighting and basecoats. Then decals, and finally weathering and hoping I don't screw the whole thing up.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

goose willis posted:

Fire Warriors are really good troops. Fifty of them is "only" 350 points though. Broadsides with Railguns and Crisis Suits with basically anything got much, much better when The Greater Good came out for real like an hour ago. You're also definitely going to want a Commander or two eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Oh I'd missed that. Nice.