Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

sponges posted:

My friend and I played the hell out of the first AC and I swiped his memory card, buried all his furniture throughout his town, chopped down his fruit trees and left him a threatening note

When I had wild world i had a friend who , if you left it in your DS, open the game chop fruit trees and would dig a bunch of holes and then bury the shovel and hide it in a field of other buried trash.

He was great except for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

OMG! Hope they levels of friendship to prevent that kind of damage.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Its only a game. I dont get mad but i did get even.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
I only played New Leaf briefly but am excited for this one. With the whole real time thing, if I can only play in the evening/night is there stuff I'll be missing?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Books On Tape posted:

I only played New Leaf briefly but am excited for this one. With the whole real time thing, if I can only play in the evening/night is there stuff I'll be missing?

Just some bugs/fish maybe and depends on what they decide what the store hours are and even then the time will probably go by the console time like every game in the series so you can change it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Books On Tape posted:

In new leaf you could enact rules to change the times the stores opened and closed for this very reason, otherwise you could just fudge the system clock but that's not as fun.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

There’s always the weekend!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dazerbeams posted:

This is the best strategy. Wrangle your spouse into it so you automatically start with access to two islands. I did the same with my husband who also has his birthday on the 20th.

I've got bad news for you... I've been having an affair with your husband no just kidding, what I mean is the game is limited to one (player-editable) island. In order for you to each have your own island, you'll need another copy of the game and another Switch.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I took care of that problem over Christmas.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

enojy posted:

I've got bad news for you... I've been having an affair with your husband no just kidding, what I mean is the game is limited to one (player-editable) island. In order for you to each have your own island, you'll need another copy of the game and another Switch.

If they only had one system, they wouldn't "have access" to two islands anyway, even if they allowed the islands on different cartridges or player profiles, since you'd need two switches to visit the other island.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'm more hyped for this game than i have been for any game since mass effect 3

boy i hope this game doesn't turn out the same

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i'm more hyped for this game than i have been for any game since mass effect 3

boy i hope this game doesn't turn out the same

So turns out this is a direct sequel to New Leaf with save imports. The opening has us flee as your New Leaf town is repossessed and you have to build up this new island so we can take the fight back to our old town and pay Nook off.

The game will end when we choose to pay back Tom Nook with blue, green or red bells.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the real question is who will be this game's kai leng, or can nintendo even come up with a character that embarrassing

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
I'm one of the loonies that has an OG Switch and Lite. If not even save transfer is a thing, I basically have to designate one Switch as the "AC console", right?

(I'm leaning toward Lite, but sucks if true.)

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Blathers having unique reactions again is like my number one hope that isn't already fulfilled. Feed my collecting habit Nintendo.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Thunder Bear posted:

I'm one of the loonies that has an OG Switch and Lite. If not even save transfer is a thing, I basically have to designate one Switch as the "AC console", right?

Ya, you'll have to pick one console. If it had a proper cloud save system I might have considered getting a Lite to play at work. Would suck less losing or breaking the cheaper one.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Gamestop is doing a double sided poster wirh New Horizons. Perfect for the basement decor.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

glassyalabolas posted:

Gamestop is doing a double sided poster wirh New Horizons. Perfect for the basement decor.

If you want to see both sides you have to stick it onto a window, of which basements have none. Think this through!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Zutaten posted:

If you want to see both sides you have to stick it onto a window, of which basements have none. Think this through!

get two copies of the game so you get two posters and can display both sides

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Every day I wake up and it’s not March 20th I get mad. Way to drop the ball, Nintendo

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Thunder Bear posted:

As I understand it save transfers from one switch to another are possible, you just can't use cloud saves or make duplicates.

So not super convenient, but you can still move the save over to the lite before you go on vacation or something.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://twitter.com/kimlipxcx/status/1223784204443340800?s=20

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shopto are down to £36.85 for the digital code and they're sending them out straight away for preloading, that's probably as cheap as it's going to get even on sale after launch for a good while.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

And there was me thinking coupons were the best way to buy first party releases in the UK! Will check Shopto in the future though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dugong posted:

And there was me thinking coupons were the best way to buy first party releases in the UK! Will check Shopto in the future though.

Their digital codes are pretty much always the best price you'll find, I have no idea how or why.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Shopto are down to £36.85 for the digital code and they're sending them out straight away for preloading, that's probably as cheap as it's going to get even on sale after launch for a good while.

Thanks for the heads up, friend!

I remember there used to be loads of rumours about ShopTo being dodgy as gently caress and stealing card data. But I think they just scrape away their own margins and probably don't pay their staff like most cheap places.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah I've always heard that on and off, I've used them almost exclusively to buy online for over a decade now and never had a problem but as always buyer beware I guess. Think it's the same rumour mill that produced "CeX is a front for money laundering" although that one is more likely to be true.

They were the kings of breaking street date for the longest time, you still get lucky every now and then but it seems a lot rarer.

Edit: for any first time shopto digital buyers, they don't actually email the code to you. You have to log into your account and go to your digital items, go into the order itself then there's a "get code" button to display the code.

Their website is absolute loving garbage and this process wasn't very clearly laid out at all the first time I used it, so just in case they haven't updated that initial experience (I just go straight to the purchases page now because I know the deal) please consider this a PSA.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 16, 2020

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Hey all! I made a Google Sheet and form to add Switch friend codes for the game. Since no one actually has the game yet, the only requirements are SA name, Switch name, and Switch friend code, but if you're bold, you can add your predicted island and character name, too. Even better, you could add yourself now, save the link at the end of the form, and update your entry when the game comes out. It'll auto add your entry to the sheet, so if you want to change or delete it, PM me here, ping me on Discord at Terapixel#7597, or shout me out in this thread. Alternatively, if someone has a cooler and better solution, throw it in here.

You can view the friend code database here and add yourself here! Let me know if something's not working right. I'll definitely repost this the day before/day of release, too.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

broken pixel posted:

Hey all! I made a Google Sheet and form to add Switch friend codes for the game. Since no one actually has the game yet, the only requirements are SA name, Switch name, and Switch friend code, but if you're bold, you can add your predicted island and character name, too. Even better, you could add yourself now, save the link at the end of the form, and update your entry when the game comes out. It'll auto add your entry to the sheet, so if you want to change or delete it, PM me here, ping me on Discord at Terapixel#7597, or shout me out in this thread. Alternatively, if someone has a cooler and better solution, throw it in here.

You can view the friend code database here and add yourself here! Let me know if something's not working right. I'll definitely repost this the day before/day of release, too.

Put this in the OP, please!

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

That spreadsheet looks cool. Can I add my wife even though she isn't a goon?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Same reason I wear jeans despite my balls just dragging on the ground anyway. :colbert:

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Yay, friends! I bought it on eShop and I can't wait to let it consume me!

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Added myself to the spreadsheet! I had a lot of fun having goons for friends for New Leaf so I'm very much looking forward to this!

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Hekk posted:

That spreadsheet looks cool. Can I add my wife even though she isn't a goon?

I'm cool with it! Maybe you could put it under your SA name and leave a note at the end specifying it's her info?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Will my Switch friend code change with a new Switch? I had one for the first year or so, but sold it. I've got the AC Switch on the way!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Hihohe posted:

Put this in the OP, please!

Done and done. And I mean done

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

broken pixel posted:

I'm cool with it! Maybe you could put it under your SA name and leave a note at the end specifying it's her info?

Thanks for setting that up!

Added my wife to my entry with her info in brackets and a note.

One month to go!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjyppbQXHJ0

Me at 5:02PM on March 19th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

The lack of marketing for a major tent pole release such as this is so freaking weird.