Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

joepinetree posted:

Reminder that "Mendoza Ferrer" is a white lady with a white lady name who decided to use "Mendoza" plus her husband's name to pass as nonwhite and complain about the bros, and that her husband specializes in precisely the sort of financial instruments that caused the 2008 crisis, plus foreign tax shelters.

"Like a dog with a bone when it comes to uncovering facts"

The gently caress does this mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

A Republican with a D next to their name is Rubin's entire schtick, yeah.

i wish my opinions were so terrible that i too could get a cush job pontificating on a national platform.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
At this point, I think Bloomberg is probably the biggest threat to what little democracy exists in the US. He is probably the top source of income for most TV and radio stations and every liberal think tank or nonprofit.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

uncurable mlady posted:

keep posting, I’m reloading

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Shipon posted:

bloomberg stealing staffers from all sorts of downballot campaigns leading to huge house losses, so when sanders wins the presidency he'll fail to get congress and they'll all blame him being elected for this instead of bloomberg

this will probably happen

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

uncurable mlady posted:

mao had a bernie journey of his own, it was called the long march! made me cackle irl during the open for the new chapo

yeah that whole segment was extremely good

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Even if it's proven false, I'm going to assume she isn't even getting money from him and she is just one of the half-dozen-total voters his campaign actually appeals to.

oh she is definitely not getting paid, but assumes that if he wins she'll be rewarded or whatever

hes also the kind of republican she loves and wanted trump to be

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Zokari posted:

what exactly do anti-electoralists plan to do

i dont see them leading any militias

:justpost:

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

kazr posted:

"Like a dog with a bone when it comes to uncovering facts"

The gently caress does this mean

lots of drooling, tail wagging, and unbridled mindless loyalty to your owner, happy to have what you're given

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

When Bernie wins, how many of you Bloomberg/Biden/Warren folk are going to vote D in the general?

Just looking for a headcount

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Calibanibal posted:

When Bernie wins, how many of you Bloomberg/Biden/Warren folk are going to vote D in the general?

there's a you with a spock goatee running around DnD

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

lmao that guy rules

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shipon posted:

bloomberg stealing staffers from all sorts of downballot campaigns leading to huge house losses, so when sanders wins the presidency he'll fail to get congress and they'll all blame him being elected for this instead of bloomberg

why would they still be working for bloomberg if sanders is the nominee? only three states don't have sore loser laws, and the only one of significance is new york lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shipon posted:

this is way more thought put into it than bloomberg ever did, i guarantee his thoughts are just black people = bad

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

why would they still be working for bloomberg if sanders is the nominee? only three states don't have sore loser laws, and the only one of significance is new york lol

Sore loser laws don't apply to presidential elections in most states.

Also it still cripples campaigns right now. Even if they can pick up those staffers later they're running from behind.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

hmmmmm it seems like a dedicated billionaire can single-handedly ruin democracy

i wonder if this has any policy implications......

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
:getin:

https://twitter.com/Oregonian/status/1228558323756273666

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

chaos option: bloomberg makes all those downballot campaign staffers sign ndas

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

:hmmyes:

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

0 rows returned posted:

chaos option: bloomberg makes all those downballot campaign staffers sign ndas

gonna lol if he sues someone for breaking a non-compete clause after they go to work for a new campaign or something

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Spergin Morlock posted:

We should nuke the top of an active volcano so a massive eruption occurs and blots out the sun for a few months. We could start a new ice age and solve global warming decisively.

It's not a 'popular' opinion but in 50,000 years there would be another glacial period which would cause mass changes in biodiversity but if global warming really isn't stopped (it's just starting) we're going to extend this interglacial period forever thereby protecting the 'iconic' life on earth

like 50,000 years ago there were wooly mammoths and poo poo, western concept of nature as something to be 'preserved' is ludicrously wrong because nature is pure chaos, prairie becomes forest which burns to make pine and old growth which disappears suddenly, without human intervention, many such cases, humans have preserved cats and dogs and chickens as genetic time capsules til our species goes extinct

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

joepinetree posted:

Reminder that "Mendoza Ferrer" is a white lady with a white lady name who decided to use "Mendoza" plus her husband's name to pass as nonwhite and complain about the bros, and that her husband specializes in precisely the sort of financial instruments that caused the 2008 crisis, plus foreign tax shelters.

there are white latinos, in fact many of them are extremely reactionary

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
My activist friends in nc are saying bloomberg is buying everyone off for 6k-20k depending on your influence. He bought our major and her daughter had something to say
https://twitter.com/AishaThinker/status/1228133613000110080

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
btw why is paying someone to vote for you illegal

but paying someone to tell everyone else to vote for you, and also saying they themselves will vote for you, not illegal

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Modest Mao posted:

It's not a 'popular' opinion but in 50,000 years there would be another glacial period which would cause mass changes in biodiversity but if global warming really isn't stopped (it's just starting) we're going to extend this interglacial period forever thereby protecting the 'iconic' life on earth

like 50,000 years ago there were wooly mammoths and poo poo, western concept of nature as something to be 'preserved' is ludicrously wrong because nature is pure chaos, prairie becomes forest which burns to make pine and old growth which disappears suddenly, without human intervention, many such cases, humans have preserved cats and dogs and chickens as genetic time capsules til our species goes extinct

I like the theory that the Amazon is an overgrown garden from the people wiped out by plagues when the Europeans arrived

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Modest Mao posted:

btw why is paying someone to vote for you illegal

but paying someone to tell everyone else to vote for you, and also saying they themselves will vote for you, not illegal

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Modest Mao posted:

there are white latinos, in fact many of them are extremely reactionary

As someone actually from Latin America, I know. Doesn't change my point.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Centrist Committee posted:

I like the theory that the Amazon is an overgrown garden from the people wiped out by plagues when the Europeans arrived

When white people first got to the St. Croix river in Minnesota they wrote poetry about the beautiful willows that lined the banks for hundreds of miles. When American settlers got there it was all maples, still is to this day thanks to ~Conservation~

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1228427165244542976?s=20

i love how rubin is the first reply i see to ever tweet about bloomberg

https://twitter.com/jrubinblogger/status/1228491000596893701?s=21

lol she’s absolutely on the payroll

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

"Bloomberg can afford the very best"

excruciatingly obvious she means herself there

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Centrist Committee posted:

permaculture baby, agroforestry is still practiced by lots of people in the amazon, and actually scales very well but is difficult to industrialize hence *gestures at all of this*

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

this will probably happen

this means the time is right to step up and be good staff for non-succ primary challengers who would've been blacklisted from hiring the lanyards Bloomberg bought up anyway

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Yudo posted:

unironically star trek despite its occasional failings is one of the few products of the culture industry that attempts to portray a future with a social and material order drastically different and better than our own. i'm disappointed that they have lost that vision and in the process any relevance beyond being a money making vehicle.

what did they do?

i stopped watching all star trek after ds9

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Top City Homo posted:

what did they do?

i stopped watching all star trek after ds9

well there was the mistake that was jjtrek and then for the Picard show they just made the federation and star fleet into irl America

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zokari posted:

hmmmmm it seems like a dedicated billionaire can single-handedly ruin democracy

i wonder if this has any policy implications......

does anyone actually like bloomberg outside of people he's paid to like him

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well there was the mistake that was jjtrek and then for the Picard show they just made the federation and star fleet into irl America

gotta have those ~shades of grey~

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

temple posted:

My activist friends in nc are saying bloomberg is buying everyone off for 6k-20k depending on your influence. He bought our major and her daughter had something to say
https://twitter.com/AishaThinker/status/1228133613000110080

i laughed pretty hard at bev perdue getting bought off

the state party's still pretty much backing biden for similarly transactional reasons, but i imagine most of them will take the payout when he bails ahead of super tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
bernie

Top City Homo has issued a correction as of 07:59 on Feb 15, 2020