Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I saw the New Year's episode, and it ranged from "unremarkable but fine" to "actually the precise opposite of funny". Worst was one of the guests, whose name I've forgotten, saying that Greta Thunberg, as a sixteen year old, should only be interested in two things - "drinking Lambrini and getting fingered". Spoilered because it's just not a mental image I wanted either.

Edit: kitten YouTube compilation as cat tax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juddO3i58Gs

Jollity Farm fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Save keep editing my one up a bit:

Here's Secret Cabinet Committees (the BBC one) and you can also download it

https://archive.org/details/SecretSociety-Part1SecretConstitution

Here's all of them I think:

https://archive.org/details/SecretSocietyTVSeries

Thanks for these, fascinating documentaries. I'm very surprised the government worked so hard to block them being aired since the subject matter is interesting but not really a revelation.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Britain is so hosed it needs American politicians.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

"She"

GUYS I'M GIDDY I'M OVER THE MOON

IT'S DARK AND RAINY AND SHE BARELY SAW ME I'M SURE BUT

I'M SO GIDDY MY FIRST GIRLCLOTHES OUTING COULDN'T HAVE GONE BETTER!!!!

:3: Congrats.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

that story is too wholesome for britANE 2020!!

that's real nice though :kimchi:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Ms Adequate posted:

Sorry, this is unrelated to everything BUT

I just went to the corner shop before the storm rolls in. I said "gently caress it" and went out in my already-on girl clothes rather than changing to boy clothes as I always have before. This is the FIRST TIME I've been out in girl clothes.

I was crossing the street when a couple walking their dog crossed from the other side. The dog was dawdling and the woman goes "Cross! Cross, cross!" and the dog did but then spotted me and came up to investigate and the woman goes "No carry on, she doesn't want ya!" (This was a lie the dog was v. adorable but).

"She"

This is heartwarming stuff, congrats :3:

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Ms Adequate posted:

I just went to the corner shop before the storm rolls in. I said "gently caress it" and went out in my already-on girl clothes rather than changing to boy clothes as I always have before. This is the FIRST TIME I've been out in girl clothes.

I was crossing the street when a couple walking their dog crossed from the other side. The dog was dawdling and the woman goes "Cross! Cross, cross!" and the dog did but then spotted me and came up to investigate and the woman goes "No carry on, she doesn't want ya!" (This was a lie the dog was v. adorable but).

"She"

This is lovely and you’re lovely and I am happy for you.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Ms Adequate posted:

"She"

Woop! You go girl!

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Ms Adequate posted:

Congrats! That's such a huge scary step, I'm proud of you :hfive:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I usually just lurk in this thread because I want to keep an eye on UK politics but don't live there, but I just wanted to say, congratulations, Ms Adequate! That sounds fantastic and I'm really happy for you!

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Pet the dog

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

I'm also just a lurker but this is the best. Congrats, gorgeous.

However if you didn't pet the dog then I think you need to have a good long talk with yourself.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/jackschickler/status/1227864339975196673?s=19

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

It's a shame Thornberry is knocked out. I always really liked watching her being interviewed, although a surprising number of people really seem to object to the "loud, boisterous, confident and visible woman" part of the deal. Apparently she's been travelling to all the CLP's up and down the country in person rather than sending proxies like the others, so sounds like she really went for it.

It's funny how a photo of a van basically ensured that she'd never be Labour party leader. Caroline Flint's opening shot across the bow just acted as a reminder of the inevitable smear campaign that would follow if she won, and the 'Lady Nugee' remarks by Johnson and chums seem to have stuck, and cemented a view that she's out of touch and doesn't care. Why the gently caress that apparently matters to voters when it's a Labour MP and yet they'll happily vote for Etonians left right and centre will forever irritate me.

What happened to the libel case?

This is a lovely heartwarming story to kick off the Saturday. I'm so happy for you. :) I hadn't actually realised that you'd never ventured outside in girl clothes before, so extra congratulations! Now that you've smashed it and stepped over the threshold for the first time, I hope each subsequent time becomes a little easier.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Hahaha

Now in interested. How many times have we used that veto? Is there a handy list?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

There were replies in the tweet I saw that that basically France etc knew the UK would always veto which was good because they didn't like a lot of stuff anyway but could pretend to support it

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ianvisits/status/1228603139948994563

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Hahaha

Now in interested. How many times have we used that veto? Is there a handy list?

We've almost never actually used it, we just threaten to use it as early as possible in the process to strangle stuff at birth. This also helps with the narrative that we have no influence in how Europe makes its decisions, of course.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

is this lexit?

ThisBunkCannotSwim
Sep 17, 2010

Get in the bin.

Ms Adequate posted:

"She"

This is extremely loving heartwarming. Good for you.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1228298428943405057?s=19

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Christ. If RLB is leader, it's going to be Corbyn continued as far as they're concerned, isn't it. They'll never be happy, even if she does adopt those pledges.

Edit:

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Would you say you're an.... Adequate Ms?

:golfclap:

Prince John fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Feb 15, 2020

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Ms Adequate posted:

"She"

Congratulations

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ms Adequate posted:

"She"

Would you say you're an.... Adequate Ms?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Well that’s some Nice News(tm) to wake up to Ms. A - super nice!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Let me be the nth person to say congrats Ms. A!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yes it's good.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Prince John posted:

Christ. If RLB is leader, it's going to be Corbyn continued as far as they're concerned, isn't it. They'll never be happy, even if she does adopt those pledges.

It's going to be Corbyn continued whoever takes the Labour leadership unless that person will take the party back as far right as Blair did. And now they've seen that they can use the anti-Semitism stick and get away with it, they're going to hold it over the head of every Labour leader as blackmail.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I thought all of the coins had Reg D on them.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/14/labour-leadership-emily-thornberry-fails-to-make-it-on-to-ballot

ET sent home.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

I thought all of the coins had Reg D on them.

:golfclap: (and shamelessly stolen)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Serious brain worms from this lib dem lol

https://twitter.com/libdemfightbac/status/1224619721695334400?s=19

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Ms Adequate posted:

"She"

Awwwww :3:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

happyhippy posted:

I never really watched this show, is it worth watching?
Is it more or less cringe than Mock the Week these days?

Neither has been worth watching in years. Last Leg started out vaguely leftist and has trended more and more liberal/fake neutral over the years, MTW lost its bite when it lost Frankie Boyle and Hugh Dennis got oooooooooooold.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

Ms Adequate posted:

"She"

Coming out of lurking to say Congrats, Ms. A!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is it legal for a bank to have a policy of not letting you open an account if you don’t speak english

oh who am i kidding

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

bump_fn posted:

is it legal for a bank to have a policy of not letting you open an account if you don’t speak english

oh who am i kidding

I'm fairly sure that's not ok, no. They can refuse to open a (non-basic) account for 'commercial reasons' (ie anything they feel like) as long as they're not openly discriminatory. They don't have to give a reason either.

They often require you to provide your own interpreter though.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

bump_fn posted:

oh who am i kidding

Yeah there might be some restrictions around guaranteeing they understand the terms they are signing up for but not a unilateral bar.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
yeah a friend whose helping a relative move to the uk for work was just flatly told by metrobank that the relative couldn’t open an account because she doesn’t speak english (friend was acting as interpreter)

asked to get it in writing but the manager just said “it’s in our terms and conditions”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

bump_fn posted:

yeah a friend whose helping a relative move to the uk for work was just flatly told by metrobank that the relative couldn’t open an account because she doesn’t speak english (friend was acting as interpreter)

asked to get it in writing but the manager just said “it’s in our terms and conditions”

Ask for a copy of the T&Cs or look them up online.