Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Personally I love Tiger 131--it's basically equivalent to a fully upgraded VK 36.01 H, which is not a bad tank, and the gun is really nasty at tier 6. At the same time, though, Tiger 131 is fairly cheap to buy and I'd expect it to go back on sale when Tankfest happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

BitBasher posted:

How go I find goons to play with?

What is your schedule like? I have you on my referral program (Last battle 14 days ago?!) Im usually at this moment in my life available to play tanks in the afternoon almost anyday 5-11PM EST. Weekends might be weird.

Did I give you get the discord invite awhile back? I thought I sent you one? If you need an invite to Pansy just hit me up with a PM letting me know when you want an invite and I will get it done for you that day. wait I am an rear end in a top hat I sent you an invite to Pansy.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 15, 2020

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I hate the is-3-ii now... seems like everything pens me now and I have to play as heavy support and I hate that.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
If they're going to sell $15 skins, the skins should come with an extra percent or two of camo rating.

SOMEthing to justify spending the money.

Also, there's a random survey that just popped up - evidently WG is gauging how enthusiastic the playerbase was about the Black Market.

"What is your opinion about the possibility of purchasing rare vehicles and other items for credits and gold from the Black Market?"
- This is great
- This is logical and is as it should be
- I don't care
- I don't appreciate this idea, but I can deal with it
- It is a very bad idea

What is the reasoning behind your answer?
These BM events are always poorly run and pit the player base against each other and the game's administration. Just do more bazaar/advent calendar-type events. If you're looking to get people to spend saved gold, that's a way more efficient and equal way of going about it. If you want to sell super-rare tanks, stop screwing around and just start catering to super-whales - nothing's going to shock your userbase at this point, no matter how much people might bitch and moan about it.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Katamari Democracy posted:

What is your schedule like? I have you on my referral program (Last battle 14 days ago?!) Im usually at this moment in my life available to play tanks in the afternoon almost anyday 5-11PM EST. Weekends might be weird.

Did I give you get the discord invite awhile back? I thought I sent you one? If you need an invite to Pansy just hit me up with a PM letting me know when you want an invite and I will get it done for you that day. wait I am an rear end in a top hat I sent you an invite to Pansy.

I have the whole hearing impaired thing going on regarding discord, so it's not optimal. I did get a clan invite but didn't get to it before it expired apparently. I did add you to my friends list in game.

I'm PST, and will play sporadically from 7-10 PST? I've been distracted lately. I'm about to jump on.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If they're going to sell $15 skins, the skins should come with an extra percent or two of camo rating.

SOMEthing to justify spending the money.

That would be more pay to win than buying things like the defender.

I am fine with them making new skins and selling them for $15. They very well might price you out at that crazy rate, but as soon as that skin gives you something more then hell no.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

moolchaba posted:

I hate the is-3-ii now... seems like everything pens me now and I have to play as heavy support and I hate that.

It feels to me like an IS-8 with two guns instead of one. So yeah, try to treat it like a medium and see if that works for ya.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

1600 dpm at tier 8 is pretty lovely.

Yeah, but the Lowe makes do with the same DPM nowadays. :shrug: The gun handling is the worst part about the T34 though.

2Jets posted:

I'm pretty sure I cleared the referral bonus. The system isn't adding up the points anymore.

I don't know what tank to pick. Are any of these fun?

The SU-122-44 is probably still decent but I can't tell you the last time I saw one in battle. The Firefly is comparable to the tech tree version (which is going bye-bye) so if you like that then this one could be a crew trainer. The Warcrimes Panther is probably mediocre, but may be valuable as a pref 7 (i.e. if you want to platoon and don't have an E25.)

moolchaba posted:

Well yeah, that's the playstyle it has adopt and we've known that and said as much in this thread. :shrug:

BadLlama posted:

That would be more pay to win than buying things like the defender.

I am fine with them making new skins and selling them for $15. They very well might price you out at that crazy rate, but as soon as that skin gives you something more then hell no.

Yeah I'm 100% fine with them selling cosmetics at whatever the cost. They're totally optional for whoever wants to shell out for them, and that's far preferable to selling OP premium tanks.

Blizzard is doing the right thing with Overwatch, where you pay once upfront to get the whole game and then can buy optional lootboxes with cosmetics if you'd like. I've supported the Killing Floor games for over a decade now by throwing in a few bucks for the cosmetic DLCs here and there just because I like the game(s) and want to support the devs.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Thanks for the advice everyone, SuperPershing still works pretty well, apparently!

No one else joined me on the North flank of Mannerheim Line except a single light so I pushed it myself. Fun!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

4x all weekend is probably gonna hurt, but it isn't so far.
Around 2400 WN8 matches this morning on average, and the occasional beastmoding bobject match.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I think the 4x-weekend-luck is starting to come in, probably gonna call it a day.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Someone please tell me its a bad idea to buy Object 252U and its a bad tank, even with a 20% discount coupon.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Don't give WG money etc. but it's still a decent-enough tank iirc. Gun packs a punch, and while good players will know how to pen you, you'll bounce a shitton of pubbies.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Think I want it more because of how poo poo it is to fight when you are tier 6 or 7, in tier 9 or 10, its hardly a worry. And since frontlines have been halved, not gonna be that much use for it.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Rincewinds posted:

Someone please tell me its a bad idea to buy Object 252U and its a bad tank, even with a 20% discount coupon.

If you have the money burning a hole in your wallet and want to buy a premium. This is one of those tanks that you don't want to pass up on.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Ever since I've been gainfully employed again, I've not cared a single bit about shelling out a buck to our lovely Belarusian overlords in lieu of grinding ever again :unsmith:

I'm not quite sure why I didn't have that mindset when I played Eve while being gainfully employed waaay back in the day. I think I somehow kept telling myself that I'm "saving" money by grinding ingame-currency (through whichever shady flavor-of-the-month method) and buying subscription time with it, instead of factoring how much my soul was wasting away in the process.

(To be fair, every minute I spent with European Goonion was a blast :shobon:)

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I wonder how many players are like me and haven't spent a single dime on this game?

It takes money to run this game so I realized not everybody can play like I do and be a cheapskate. But if this game dies because everybody becomes a cheapskate like me, I don't know if I'll feel too bad.

Speaking of Eve online, I found that exploration and that data decrypting minigame was a huge source for isk. It was fun and didn't feel like a job and I made really good money doing it. The fun part was jamming my loot into an interceptor and trucking to Jita.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Duzzy Funlop posted:

(To be fair, every minute I spent with European Goonion was a blast :shobon:)

rip Veefleet

and yeah, anything I can do to skip the grind is worth cold hard cash to me these days, sometimes you just want to kick back and Shot Tonks without having to spend time on some miserable grindy aspect of the game

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

To be EVEN MORE fair, if I hadn't been exceeding my monthly budgeted savings for the past three years, I probably wouldn't have spent a single divisible-unit of legal tender on tanks either.
But when Christmas time comes around, you have all your gifts for the family and friends bought and budgeted without even considering the job's Christmas bonus, and you somehow still have spending money to throw around without scratching your monthly savings budget...

gently caress yeah, I'm gonna shell out a hundred bucks for dumb Christmas boxes (and then another 10 bucks because decorations :cripes) that'll stock up gold and premium time for half a year. I've been treating this dumb game as a subscription-based game for quite a while now.
Weirdly enough, I've only been coming back to the game for maybe a month or two at a time for the past four years, and that seems to be the perfect balance for me.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
sick fuycking degenerates all of you

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Slaapaav posted:

sick fuycking degenerates all of you

I feel sick. Maybe buying more premium tanks might help

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I bought the new 3d style for the Lowe which is a tank I haven't played with in probably 6 years, no regrets.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

moolchaba posted:

I wonder how many players are like me and haven't spent a single dime on this game?

It takes money to run this game so I realized not everybody can play like I do and be a cheapskate. But if this game dies because everybody becomes a cheapskate like me, I don't know if I'll feel too bad.

Doesn't matter. Players playing free just adds to the critical mass of the user base so games are always easy to find. Whales will support the game. 1% of the player base spends well over 90% of the cash on the game in games like this. Same with GTA Online and everything in a similar vein. The trick is capturing the whales.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm a danger to my own team at tier 8 and up. I'm tempted to ask Hellsau or another ringer to get 12 top 12 finishes for me. Or to start spamming tier 8 lights since those are less painful for teams to lose.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RandomPauI posted:

I'm a danger to my own team at tier 8 and up. I'm tempted to ask Hellsau or another ringer to get 12 top 12 finishes for me. Or to start spamming tier 8 lights since those are less painful for teams to lose.

Honestly, just take a break for a few hours. It will help.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Wow guys have I got a deal for you.... :stare:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

i would pay so much money for a lisa frank skin for all of my tanks

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
some of those tanks are fun and good atleast

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
they're not 300 dollars good, you could def buy the half dozen useful ones on their own for under half that

e: what the heck, I'm bored, let's do this:

Churchill III
IS-2M
KV-220-2
Panther/M10
SU-122-44
Type 64

Yep, literally half a dozen and you could almost certainly get them for under $100.

Vando fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 16, 2020

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

loving yes!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Vando posted:

they're not 300 dollars good, you could def buy the half dozen useful ones on their own for under half that

e: what the heck, I'm bored, let's do this:

Churchill III
IS-2M
KV-220-2
Panther/M10
SU-122-44
Type 64

Yep, literally half a dozen and you could almost certainly get them for under $100.

Exactly, $325 for a bunch of premium tanks and zero of them are tier 8s. :stare: I mean if you were going to spend that much on premium tanks there are at least like 6-8 tier 8s that are worth getting that are that amount of money....

I'm surprised it didn't spit out something more like "Mario_88_KKK_MAGA"

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I love the IS-2-II
:toot:

Played while looping hardbass and drinking vodka.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52fBUfxvLeg

Atomizer posted:

Should probably happen the next round!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Atomizer posted:

EU server, so I'd actually get MARIO_1488_SS :downs:

Slightly more imaginative than the countless ROMMEL/ROMEL/ROMELL names.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Somua SM is such a beast when it's top tier. Just casually took out three tanks with one magazine, broke the entire flank open, and the rest was a steamrolling.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Some more casual tanking. 2.7k damage, 4 kills, a ram-kill, an engine-fire kill, overall a good game.
But the way we absolutely stomped the other team was comical. NOT A SINGLE LOSS on our side.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Captain Blaargh posted:

I love the IS-2-II
:toot:

Same. Bought it this week and played 15 games, i'm at 85% winrate and haven't had a single bad game in it. I was able to get decent damage games even when it was totally stock.

https://i.imgur.com/MxcSQY9.mp4
Trying to be useful in an ammo-less SPG. Even progressed my campaign mission.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Had my first 11 kill game ever just now. I didn't even finish with over 4k damage, I just ended up getting the last shot on a bunch of people. Would have had twelve kills if a tiger didn't come and finish off the last tank before I could get there. I was in a Progesso, which must have had a built in cloaking device because I felt ignored in the as I cleaned up the battlefield. I thought maybe they got disconnected, but it looked like they were all moving. :shrug:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5233475#sand_river-tracerm17-progetto_m35_mod_46

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I gotta say, I kind of regret selling the IS-2-II. It really is much more comfy than the 750.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5233688#lakeville-mariuslecter-vk_30_02_m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

I gotta say, I kind of regret selling the IS-2-II. It really is much more comfy than the 750.

On the other hand its just a t8 tech tree tank so why do that to yourself