Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

SKULL.GIF posted:

Caleb Cook, MHA's manga translator, also does the translations for Dr Stone and he also does the trivia threads. From what I've seen it's pretty madcap. The protagonist is a genius scientist and uses crazy chemical reactions and engineering applications to get himself out of situations.

...Mcguyver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

...Mcguyver?

Senku is extremely good at Mcguyvering his way out of problems, yes

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Skypie posted:

Senku is extremely good at Mcguyvering his way out of problems, yes

He's like MacGyver if MacGyver was MacGyver in the stone age

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

morcant posted:

He's like MacGyver if MacGyver was MacGyver in the stone age

As an electrical engineer everything Senku does with vacuum tubes warms my frigid little heart

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

As an electrical engineer everything Senku does with vacuum tubes warms my frigid little heart

Also, the soda recipe they use is apparently legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdMdu7CTxhc

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The guy literally had a shirt that reads E=MC² might tell you how the show informs you about a characters intelligence.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Deku's father is Blast

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Dekus father is Goku

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goku's father is All Might

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Goku's father is All Might

And All Might's father is Denji.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Behold the new villains of this arc: YOUTUBERS!

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Rhonne posted:

Behold the new villains of this arc: YOUTUBERS!

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Gentle. :getin:

Also, this shot of the police chief.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
I already love our new idiot villain YouTuber.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

His camera girl kinda looked like a human Nendoroid, it freaked me out a bit.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Oh look, The Best Character is here.

And you know he's the best, because he's SO COOL!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

la brava's anime introduction happening the day after her birthday (valentine's day) is cute happenstance

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
YESSSSSS

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

pointlessone posted:

I already love our new idiot villain YouTuber.

Delicious sandwich
Nov 6, 2011
New villain Gentle Criminal and his sidekick Bob Loblaw.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

The_Doctor posted:

...Mcguyver?

Eeeeh. Mcguyver solves everything himself. Senku's real science is the friends he makes along the way.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Gentle Criminal is just the Springfield Cat Burglar from season 5 episode 11, prove me wrong.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Raposa posted:

Gentle Criminal is just the Springfield Cat Burglar from season 5 episode 11, prove me wrong.

Gentle was not wearing sneakers as he did not need them for sneaking.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
La Brava: Do it for the Vine!

Gentle: I ain't gon do it!

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

For the record, in the manga Gentle only asked for ten 1000 yen bills while robbing that store which is about $90. The fact that he brought a entire briefcase for 10 bills and then forgot it always makes me smile at what a total goober he is.

Still a threat though, he did kick the poo poo out of 5 pro-heroes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So I began reading Dr Stone because of the brief talk we had in this thread and something felt incredibly familiar about the manga but I couldn't put my finger on it. Senku kept reminding me of Hiruma from Eyeshield 21 -- and I looked up who worked on the manga. Turns out it's the same writer as for Eyeshield 21, Inagaki Riichiro, so that explains it :v: I'm about 30 chapters in now and it's pretty good (though I'm not a fan of how the artist draws women).

Sorry for the off topic chat but there were a couple other posters in here curious about it.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Don't pour hot tea in a windstorm.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Also Ashido rules and Deku can't dance for poo poo.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I love that ALIEN QUEEN and Jiro are getting some love, they're my favs.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Gentle Criminal is back at it again at the Krispy Kreme

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mina’s breakdancing is my favorite part about this arc

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Carlosologist posted:

Mina’s breakdancing is my favorite part about this arc

You're not only one, they even made breakdancing part of Mina's moveset in My Justice 2.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'm very glad Camie isn't dead. I thought Toga killed her and dumped her in an alley somewhere when she replaced her.

Also Bakugo is finally R E L A T A B L E. I also would want to hang all these kids from a tree and beat them.

It makes me wonder how Izuku would handle this, though. He's got a good heart and charisma that might win them over. On the other hand, he might cry a lot which is like blood in the water to these sharks. Also he would be the most hesitant to employ force, probably.

What a fun little episode. Definitely excited for more.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

First thing Deku would do is ask them what their quirks are, followed by him telling them how amazing those quirks are, which would probably get him on their good side right away.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Midoriya would have done the same thing as Todoroki where overexplains himself.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
when he's not punching out bad guys, midoriya has a spine made out of sugar cookie. those kids would walk all over him

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Going by past experiences, Deku would somehow befriend the kid with the most tragic backstory.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

Going by past experiences, Deku would somehow befriend the kid with the most tragic backstory.

He'd introduce them to Eri and probably accelerate the Quirk Singularity by 100 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhonne posted:

And then they’d cry together.