Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im being vince gif'd in two places at once and its a crime against me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

calling on my carefully curated gif library like the gun room in the matrix

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
in fairness i haven't liked any space 4x recently, i guess unless age of wonders plantelfall counts, so i can't disagree that stellaris might be the best one

i really wanted to like endless space 2 but it's so boring, i really don't like how combat is handled.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

every time I see the vince gif I just remember how he gleefully partnered with khashoggi's murderers

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

mood: loving poo poo up in DBFighterZ + listening to bangers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WNagVKRquI

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm playing Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak and I'm enjoying it a bunch. Love all the unit chatter going on during missions.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
what's the best 4x

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

calling on my carefully curated gif library like the gun room in the matrix

hm ddint know they had the freaking joker in that flick

Relax Or DIE posted:

in fairness i haven't liked any space 4x recently, i guess unless age of wonders plantelfall counts, so i can't disagree that stellaris might be the best one

i really wanted to like endless space 2 but it's so boring, i really don't like how combat is handled.

yeah endless space 1 and 2 are terminally dull and i keep trying t o get into them every 6 months to no avail

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Relax Or DIE posted:

i got around to installing the scholar of the first sin randomizer and after beating a few bosses i still have no estus flask so i peaked at the cheat file to make sure i wasn't loving up/it bugged out and whoops it's in the gutter, getting owned right out the gate here

the randomizer is real fun though because DS2 has such a cool variety of stuff that even i, a person who has beaten it multiple times, haven't used. i'd like to do the ds1 item and enemy randomizer too but i apparently do not own the latest edition on steam

I love watching DS rando runs on Twitch, but I hate 90% of the people running them because they inevitably crank all the settings up and then complain when they can't make it through Blighttown because every enemy was replaced by Artorias or w/e.

Or it just turns out they're actually not that good at Dark Souls.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

I'm playing Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak and I'm enjoying it a bunch. Love all the unit chatter going on during missions.

When they released a trailer that was solely about unit chatter I knew I would love the game (also the soundtrack owns hard)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpZtN1ySs0

This is basically the closest thing we'll ever get to a Battlestar Galactica RTS

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

what's the best 4x

one on a kar98

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cor98 - me when i finally got to upgrade from windows 95

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

what's the best 4x

Twilight Imperium

May 8, 2006

oddium posted:

one on a kar98

i never use scopes in pubg because i have a little something called e-honor

also known as e-bushido by those of us in the lifestyle

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 16, 2020

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Stux posted:

cor98 - me when i finally got to upgrade from windows 95

??

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

i never use scopes in pubg because i haven't a little something called e-honor

also known as e-bushido by those of us in the lifestyle

brave to post this when u can see the katana in the av... id say good luck but you need more than luck now

problem

May 8, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Twilight Imperium

this isn't a video game!! i don't know why you think i'm some kind of friend haver that can just rustle up a grip of nerds to entertain me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

what's the best 4x

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (also known as SMAC or SMAX with the expansion)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Civ 5 is pretty good, in so much that it's the only 4x I ever really managed to wrap my head around.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY57ErBkFFE

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/brihanford/status/1228820366614622208

Excuse me, V?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

V-hype for Capcom Vs Marvel 2: Marvel Vs Capom 2 HD: Take You For A Ride Edition

Relax Or DIE posted:

this isn't a video game!! i don't know why you think i'm some kind of friend haver that can just rustle up a grip of nerds to entertain me

You didn't specify video games :v:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/TriggerRedd/status/1228758738707701760

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

funny to think there was a moment last gen when it looked like the series would stop being localized

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Infinitum posted:

V-hype for Capcom Vs Marvel 2: Marvel Vs Capom 2 HD: Take You For A Ride Edition

I would kill for an HD remaster of MvC 2

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The best 4x is is Fall From Heaven 2, a mod for civ4

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 16, 2020

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I love Stellaris but boy do it have its flaws.

Distant Worlds 2 is gonna whip rear end tbh

The real Space 4x stars when you install Aurora.

The greatest 4Xes are still

SMAC
Civilization IV

Everything else

May 8, 2006

FFH2 is real good and i had fun with it, but i always had trouble really 'getting' it for whatever reason

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

what's the best 4x

i like ice vs flying/dragon but elec vs water/flying is a classic

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Something I realized tonight is that not a lot of JRPGs have bathrooms. Do anime characters not in fact have butts then?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MvC2 is at EVO this year, a remaster isn't out of the question I feel like

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Something I realized tonight is that not a lot of JRPGs have bathrooms. Do anime characters not in fact have butts then?

Persona 3/4 have game mechanics based around bathroom usage, in P3 it ties into a major part of the exhaustion system

On a totally unrelated note Im playing Dead Cells on the Windows Gamepass and I feel like I beat it too quickly. It took me like six runs to beat Normal, and now that I have a boss cell in Hard 1, I keep getting my rear end absolutely blasted. Almost all of the fast weapons take way too long to kill enemies and the slow ones are okay except for the part where the invisible ninjas will throw kunai at me forever. I could use the shield, but the last one will always hit me and break my no damage streak. I tried going back to Normal and I cleared the first three maps with the damage/time bonuses no problem and basically clowned through a whole run, but hard feels incredibly biased on what weapon I get when I start. Like, if I see a nutcracker or a blood sword I just reset. A lot of enemies fly through walls that you can't attack through and suicide bomb you also. This is a very weird experience I've had with this game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yes, this is very good! Hoping for more screenshots of JRPG toilets, please.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My favorite 4x is probably MoO2 but I haven't played a ton of them

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Persona 3/4 have game mechanics based around bathroom usage, in P3 it ties into a major part of the exhaustion system

On a totally unrelated note Im playing Dead Cells on the Windows Gamepass and I feel like I beat it too quickly. It took me like six runs to beat Normal, and now that I have a boss cell in Hard 1, I keep getting my rear end absolutely blasted. Almost all of the fast weapons take way too long to kill enemies and the slow ones are okay except for the part where the invisible ninjas will throw kunai at me forever. I could use the shield, but the last one will always hit me and break my no damage streak. I tried going back to Normal and I cleared the first three maps with the damage/time bonuses no problem and basically clowned through a whole run, but hard feels incredibly biased on what weapon I get when I start. Like, if I see a nutcracker or a blood sword I just reset. A lot of enemies fly through walls that you can't attack through and suicide bomb you also. This is a very weird experience I've had with this game.

the zero-cell difficulty was made significantly easier in one of the early patches. BC1 is closer to how BC0 originally was. in BC2 and up, you enter a world where nothing good ever happens

i smashed my head against BC2 for around thirty hours and never cleared it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I said come in! posted:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Final fantasy series has good toilets and yeah FF7 is where I remember actively thinking “wow cool world building.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think that's just a sleeping chamber, but it could have a toilet in it.