Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

precision posted:

Apropos of absolutely nothing, I just remembered this incredibly awesome song that I'd forgotten about for decades and had to share it with someone:

https://youtu.be/y_kgXF1KDqM

Imagine not having not watched Rumble in the Bronx for decades

smdh

ChickenMedium fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Feb 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

precision posted:

Apropos of absolutely nothing, I just remembered this incredibly awesome song that I'd forgotten about for decades and had to share it with someone:

https://youtu.be/y_kgXF1KDqM

OH MAN AND THIS ONE WHICH WAS EVEN BETTER

https://youtu.be/FkSl9GGOFHM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sounds like someone needs to be introduced to Regurgitator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWAMsIxwt60
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ1l4UJW04Y

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Dw6QOk3vY

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

its not toast and has nothing to do with anime

it has everything to do with just fuckin' look at it

https://i.imgur.com/wCHXeLU.mp4

If its any consolation I am in Japan and until your post had no idea this was a "thing" despite clearly having eaten it. Its good bread but I cant think of anything about it I havent had elsewhere (and sometimes better). Your country of residence surely has this somewhere near you so you can try it this week.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"What? You're nearly done? Are you looking them up on the internet? Tell me!"

gently caress you Riddler, I did this the right way when AA first came out :argh:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
So I got my catte her first dose of catnippe

I will deploy it later when the wife is awake and post the results

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I smoked catnip once. Weird buzz.

I can't sleep so I'm watching videos about how terrible YIIK is.

It's apparently so much worse than I thought lol

Prolly can't sleep because I have a date with an insanely pretty boy in a few hours

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ooh I should replay RE4 too

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Dreams worth it without VR

e: oh apparently it doesn't have VR yet

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol Arkham Asylum crashed as I was heading to the final Chronicle of Arkham riddle that would have given me 100%. Seems about right :v:

Ah well. I'll do it tomorrow.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Dreams worth it without VR

e: oh apparently it doesn't have VR yet

The campaign is fantastic (but short)

The music creation tools are insane, I used it to remix one of my songs and it came out amazing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

That makes sense for a game that doesn't change constantly. And you can get the full Apex gameplay experience for free because of it.

Like yeah I get it, we're all supposed to be super woke consumers who hate everything, but I think it's okay sometimes to have a game that's 100% free and sustains new maps and new content by a $10 battle pass every 3 months for those who care about cosmetics

Loot boxes and $18 skins suck but a free game having a truly optional Battle pass is fine. There is literally zero gameplay gated behind the pass

right except in the past the game you just bought once would still change constantly, either the devs themselves would do updates realising the added value translated to more on going sales, or because the game wasnt a live service and was just a game, the community could make stuff for it, in some cases entirely new games.

and cosmetics used to be just in the game. or again you could arbitrarily add them through modding, even stuff that would never be allowed commercially due to copyright issues or whatever. paid cosmetics, battlepasses etc are all in the same vein as lootboxes, just not as egregiously horrific as literal gambling. but all of these systems still use pretty gross psychological hooks and no matter how many times people say "its not gameplay altering" and "its optional" there will always be people who are purposefully and by design hooked into spending money they shouldnt or even cant afford to because of it and it all sucks. just sell a game. you can like a game that uses this stuff and also recognise its unhealthy. i play pubg and paradox games i should know.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay boomer

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

Okay boomer

its also still a thing right now, in the year of our lord 2020, as soon as you step out of the swamp of games as a service

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stux posted:

its also still a thing right now, in the year of our lord 2020, as soon as you step out of the swamp of games as a service

I know that you know I mostly play artsy fartsy indie games so I'm not sure what you're on about mate

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Right click -> unmute
https://i.imgur.com/11duSBw.mp4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im just saying that the attitude of "well this monetization is ok because i play the game for free because its hooks dont work on me personally" is bad, bcos everyone who plays for free/paying very little are being subsidised by people being taken advantage of but also it doesnt mean you cant still enjoy the game because its not like ur gonna personally stop freaking EA of all people from being garbage, so its not a personal attack on you if someone says "the model still sucks though" and u dont need to do PR for them

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

precision posted:

Okay boomer

aren't you 50 or something

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1228741921415131136?s=20

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When they released a trailer that was solely about unit chatter I knew I would love the game (also the soundtrack owns hard)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpZtN1ySs0

This is basically the closest thing we'll ever get to a Battlestar Galactica RTS

That trailer owns bones. And yeah, I get big BSG vibes from the game. Another reason I like it a lot.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oddium posted:

aren't you 50 or something

aren't you an rear end

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

okay boomer

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oddium posted:

okay boomer

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Alright, Boomer! :haw:

who's Boomer

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oddium posted:

okay boomer

I know you and the rest of the "let's be assholes" crew are younger than me, but surely you're old enough that you'll be getting over this highschool bullshit soon.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

I know you and the rest of the "let's be assholes" crew are younger than me, but surely you're old enough that you'll be getting over this highschool bullshit soon.

u literally just posted ok boomer as a sick dunk when i wasnt even being rude wth

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

precision posted:

I know you are but what am I

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you dont get to actually start the thing and then act like everyone else is being rude cmon

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

precision posted:

You can dish it out but you can't take it???

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stux posted:

u literally just posted ok boomer as a sick dunk when i wasnt even being rude wth

It was just a joke.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Regy Rusty posted:

You can dish it out but you can't take it???

I go out of my way, repeatedly, to make it clear that I post here in friendliness and that I never want to actually make anyone feel bad.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I really just want to finish Nier A and be done with it but I still need 5 simple gears and the collector in me won’t stop teleporting to the throne room. Haven’t got poo poo in like an hour of trying.

Someone liberate us from rng collectathons please

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I retract my earlier statement that Final Fantasy 12 is "good" and that I "like it". In fact, everything negative said about it turned out to be true.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

It was just a joke.

i know and im p sure everyone else is just playing along and trying to have fun online

also if u dont want to have a discussion or reply to me or whatever its ok ill just drop it im not gonna be mean or anything

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Gotta say oddium is the last person I'd describe as an rear end in a top hat. Stux can push it, but it's stux so it's all a gas up.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

from the gamer desk of oddium "the Crass Lass" gamelover:

earlier this morning i saw a poster i believed to be of a generation beyond my own say, "okay boomer", which is a thing young people say. seeing the irony of this, i said it myself, to the aforementioned poster. i see now how my remarks have fractured a once loving community and created unnecessary turbulence in the thread. as penance i will now play the worst zelda game, Link to the Past, followed by the second worst, ocarina of time. thank you for your forgiveness

oddium

"Semper Games"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
stux gimme the hot stellaris tips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

play as the robot horde