Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Mirko is cool as hell. I want her to be friends with Burnin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Mirko is cool as hell.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Mirko is cool as hell. I want her to be friends with Burnin.

Agreed.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Rhonne posted:

Mirko is so loving cool.

Still true!

Also, if that mini nomu had a copy of Twice's quirk, that probably means he has the rest of the leauge's quirks copied there too. :ohdear:

Also, also, the anime got the introduction of Gentle and La Brava perfect.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Now more than ever, I hope Mirko makes it out alive and kicks bad guy rear end for years to come.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Hot drat that's an angry bunny. I like how even when the high ends smacked her, she still had enough power to literally kick one's head off.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You're going down, roBUTTnik!!!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...Sentient Noumu. Huh.

Didn't think we'd see that one coming.

(Unless Hood talked in the Endeavor fight and I just forgot because I'm a dumbass)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
He did

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That's a scanlation and the translation is, just as tradition, confusing :v:

Did Mirko kick clean through the doctor's arm?

I don't think Mocha's quirk is Twice's (this is possibly a translation issue) -- previous issues implied that Daruma gets the quirks from forcibly removing them from people's bodies -- but it's some sort of cloning/transposing quirk it seems. The doctor's arm seems to be damaged after Mocha got kicked into the next dimension and the armsleeve is torn off.

The female nomu's headpiece seems to be her skull rolled back. Gnarly.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

That's a scanlation and the translation is, just as tradition, confusing :v:

Did Mirko kick clean through the doctor's arm?

I don't think Mocha's quirk is Twice's (this is possibly a translation issue) -- previous issues implied that Daruma gets the quirks from forcibly removing them from people's bodies -- but it's some sort of cloning/transposing quirk it seems. The doctor's arm seems to be damaged after Mocha got kicked into the next dimension and the armsleeve is torn off.

The female nomu's headpiece seems to be her skull rolled back. Gnarly.

Miruko doesn't know what's happening, she just saw people melting like has been observed with Twice clones

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1228718108766023680

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh poo poo, that rules

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
The official tl is out, and I'm still kinda confused about Doc's arm - so was that nomu acting as his arm, and then it got kicked off, or something?

Also holy poo poo, now that I'm seeing the better looking version, Mirko totally gibbed all the nomu on her way in. Wow.

Sillipenda
May 22, 2007
I think that she was head-butted by the Nomu, only taking the docs sleeve off. It then did Twice's quirk to distract her to allow him to use the remote

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Hot drat that's an angry bunny. I like how even when the high ends smacked her, she still had enough power to literally kick one's head off.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

The official tl is out, and I'm still kinda confused about Doc's arm - so was that nomu acting as his arm, and then it got kicked off, or something?

Also holy poo poo, now that I'm seeing the better looking version, Mirko totally gibbed all the nomu on her way in. Wow.

That was an arm getting gibbed not a head. The Nomu just has mouths all over its joints

As for the Doctors Arm Mocha jumped in from off panel and seems to have that quirk that liquefies you and teleports you a short distance with the grey water. A few panels back isn't the start of him bawling his eyes out, just the grey goo coming out of his eyes and nose. The way I read it from the panel is that the Doc starts to draw a gun with his left arm and before Miriku can liquefy it with a kick it gets liquefied and teleported by Mocha before the rest of his body follows, and Miriku ends up squishing poor Mocha's head in the following panel

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Okay that makes more sense.

I did notice the first bit (the hand) upon the second reading.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Sillipenda posted:

I think that she was head-butted by the Nomu, only taking the docs sleeve off. It then did Twice's quirk to distract her to allow him to use the remote

Yeah that's how I read it, too. You can see the jerk in the arc of the kick where the head-butt threw her kick off course by just enough to graze his arm.

Also, now we know what the source of the doctor's clone was.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Official Translation

Trivia: https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1229090898266345474

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1229090941081751552

I thought the Helmet High End looked familiar.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Since the Doctor said the High Ends need a lot of time to stabilize after activating I wonder how big of a threat these ones will be compared to how dangerous Hood was.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

profileusername posted:

Since the Doctor said the High Ends need a lot of time to stabilize after activating I wonder how big of a threat these ones will be compared to how dangerous Hood was.

PRobably more dangerous than an average nomou but not as debilitatingly strong as Hood, if I had to guess. They'll be tough to take down but likely won't require the sheer exhaustion Endeavor & Hawks had to go through.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
They probably stall long enough for the doctor to wake up Shigaraki, who dusts Mirko while she's distracted having the time of her life kicking the poo poo out of nomu

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Skypie posted:

They probably stall long enough for the doctor to wake up Shigaraki, who dusts Mirko while she's distracted having the time of her life kicking the poo poo out of nomu

Please don't say such vile things.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

M_Gargantua posted:

A few panels back isn't the start of him bawling his eyes out, just the grey goo coming out of his eyes and nose.

Nah that's just a visual gag, that's him crying and panicking harder after Mirko confirms her intention to give him a good rear end kicking even with him confessing that he's the real one.

The cleaner scan makes it much more clear what happened with the arm/kick/Mocha thing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What's happening now really feels like it's happening too fast. Like I get all for one is probably still the final boss assuming the manga ends with deku finishing school without a big time skip of it all but I just don't see how all for one could match up to deku without the doctor considering a failing all might still beat him

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Why does the possibly-Ida-Family Noumu remind me so much of Evangelion?

Is it just the head that vaguely resembles an Eva?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

just waiting for naptime to be over

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Please don't say such vile things.

I do not want it to be true but I am steeling myself for the worst

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jose posted:

What's happening now really feels like it's happening too fast. Like I get all for one is probably still the final boss assuming the manga ends with deku finishing school without a big time skip of it all but I just don't see how all for one could match up to deku without the doctor considering a failing all might still beat him

Why are you assuming AfO as the final enemy? Shigaraki's being built up as his successor, like Deku for All Might. He's more thematically fitting, and he's the one who's been getting all the power ups lately.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
AFO being the final villain would be pretty thematcally off, yeah

This isn't his and All Might's story, it's Shigaraki and Deku's

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think people are assuming that because Deku's path to victory isn't beating Shigaraki but saving him. Like that's his entire thing that his end goal isn't to beat people but to help them.

Shigaraki is like the next level up from Eri. A kid with a dangerous quirk who has spent his entire life being manipulated and abused by a terrible villain who specifically wanted to make him into a villain to gently caress with All-Might. It's a much harder road to get through to him but that's kind of the point. Deku doesn't need to SMASH Shigaraki, he needs to save him from All For One's influence.

(Even odds if Shigaraki ends up dying in the process or somehow lives and gets put into a cell where Deku visits him.)

I mean he could be the final villain and the series is just about Deku getting strong enough to beat him but that feels off for Deku's character arc.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Shigaraki's killed a shitton of people at this point so I know he doesn't deserve redemption, but I'd still really like to see him get it at some point. His father abuses him from a young age, then his power goes crazy before he even knows about it and kills his family before his eyes through no fault of his own (save for his father), and then he's homeless and adopted by All For One who uses his trauma to indoctrinate him from a young age.

He never had a chance.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well again, this is either the end or the 3rd Act opener.

There's a lot of unresolved threads hanging out there, but it doesn't look like this particular war is going to get stopped short. Group #2 at the PLA HQ is likely where Gigantomachia is.

The MC isn't at either of these places, so Horikoshi doesn't have to come up with contrivances for him to survive- meaning everyone on the front lines at either location is in grave (narrative) danger.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lookin forward to the time skip after this arc

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

AFO being the final villain would be pretty thematcally off, yeah

This isn't his and All Might's story, it's Shigaraki and Deku's

At the same time, Deku has All For One's brother living in his head now, so those two are likely going to have a big encounter with each other at some point, though I still believe Shigaraki will ultimately be the final villain in the end.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fabricated posted:

Well again, this is either the end or the 3rd Act opener.

Don't they have like 8 more movies coming up? At a rate of 2 a year we probably have at least four more years of this manga to go, they won't let it end before the movies are finished.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

:laffo: Even Dr. Eggman is blaming Dabi for his incompetence at losing Hood and failing to retrieve his body. Dabi really is the albatross around the PLF's neck.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Twist: Dabi was a double agent all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i almost want to believe shigaraki already figured out that dabi is endeavor's kid, because it would at least justify keeping his crispy rear end onboard after all this time