Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Year of the Childhood Best Friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Grouchio posted:

This sucks this sucks this sucks balls.

This owns!

But it ain't over 'til it's over.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
#TeamUruka :colbert:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Grouchio posted:

We Never Learn 147

This sucks this sucks this sucks balls.

This was fantastic. :colbert:

The moment with Richan was great.

Now it's Kominami's turn to help and probably sensei.

Mashle: was stupid funny again. It's so stupid over the top with reaction faces
Agravity Boys appears to know what it wants to do and is still quite funny
Zipman: I feel like I'm going to be dropping this soon. I just lost my connection to it. Stuff just happens, but there's no reason or tension.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
ZIPMAN!! attacked with a giant axe... I kinda feel like that is telling...

Ogata was amazing this chapter. Wraps up her development in a nice little bow. Her bluntness has been the catalyst for these recent events for sure.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darth TNT posted:

Mashle: was stupid funny again. It's so stupid over the top with reaction faces

The chapter
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006362

I like that Mash learned from the Tao Pai Pai school of flying

Also

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mikl posted:

#TeamUruka :colbert:

:emptyquote:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

The chapter

Also

My sides were not ready for this chapter. how to fly via javelin throw

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

That was such a left field remark I laughed out loud. Like WTF.

Him casting Accio on the broom was also hilarious.

Mulderman posted:

ZIPMAN!! attacked with a giant axe... I kinda feel like that is telling...

Ogata was amazing this chapter. Wraps up her development in a nice little bow. Her bluntness has been the catalyst for these recent events for sure.

It's unfortunate, because Zipman seemed like it could be fun.
But it's like the Mangaka has no idea where he wants to go with this so he's just going through the average shounen motions as we trudge to some end? Why and how stuff happens? Who knows, here's a new power up. :shrug:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Electric Phantasm posted:

The chapter

Also

This is getting a bit better, and I hope it finds it's own footing and flow instead of cribbing from Mob Psycho/OPM. Not sure how long the gag format will last but I love a good gag comic and if Nichijou and Hinamatsuri can keep it going so long this one has hope.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
uruka-haters are all my enemies.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ricchan kiss Sekijou already :argh:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

You can just feel the pain.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

why would you show me this again

is this terrorism?

(I really like Fumino even if I think Uruka winning is good :negative:)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah one of the big strengths of WNL is that all the girls are super likeable, each in her own way.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I kinda lost interest when the anime ending thing came out, but I do need closure on We Never Learn so I'll hafta jump back in sooner or later.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

consider: We Never Finish (the manga)

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dexo posted:

You can just feel the pain.
This is the face of the most wonderful person supporting their best friend while they make a terrible mistake

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

the only good part of a harem manga is when it ends and a good chunk of the fans get ripshit pissed no matter which way it goes

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

rodney mullenkamp posted:

the only good part of a harem manga is when it ends and a good chunk of the fans get ripshit pissed no matter which way it goes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

rodney mullenkamp posted:

Quote MT

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Best Girl (aka Senpai) deserves to have won, should have won, would have won, but was grossly cheated out of her victory.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Senpai isn't even the best of the long shot canidates.

That title belongs to Sensei.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Sensei > Senpai > Fumino > Sensei's little sister > Rizu > Uruka

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope the other girls learn from this and see that if they had confessed first they would have won.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ethiser posted:

I hope the other girls learn from this and see that if they had confessed first they would have won.

Also Nariyuki was p much ready to confess to her in like the first 50 chapters. But Uruka lied about her crush not being him.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ursula is the correct choice, but I also would have accepted senpai or sensei.

Edit: God drat it autocorrect.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 18, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

KittyEmpress posted:

Sensei > Rizu > Senpai > Fumino > Sensei's little sister > Uruka

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Amazingly appropriate typo, given the commonality of water between Ursula and Uruka, and the fact that they both robbed the dreams of the heroine of the story aka Senpai.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Honestly I don't know why We Never Learn hasn't already gotten a thread of its own with how much people talk about it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

At this point, probably because it's clearly almost over.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
For some reason I remembered Shokugeki no Souma and how they had a short arc with some kouhai girl who clearly liked Souma and then she never ever appeared again

man, Souma was pretty bad overall

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I was thinking about making an Act Age thread.

Because I really want people to read that manga.

It's probably my favorite manga in Jump rn.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Fabricated posted:

For some reason I remembered Shokugeki no Souma and how they had a short arc with some kouhai girl who clearly liked Souma and then she never ever appeared again

man, Souma was pretty bad overall

Souma had a big tournament arc (Autumn Elections) that was really fun and good.

Then they introduced the main villain.

How do we defeat him?

I know! Let's have another torment arc! That's sure to go down well!

e. Autocorrect changed tournament to torment the second time around, and I'm not changing it back.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tormenting is a good word to describe the second half of Souma.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dexo posted:

I was thinking about making an Act Age thread.

Because I really want people to read that manga.

It's probably my favorite manga in Jump rn.

It's so good, but it sucks that there's like a 40 chapter gap in the jump app.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

It's so good, but it sucks that there's like a 40 chapter gap in the jump app.
Yeah I'm pretty eh on scans these days so it's right there with Yaiba and Haikyu as a series I want to read but am waiting for the vault to have it all before diving in.

Also I'm sure people have proposed a WNL thread in here before but welp, I guess we can't study heyoooo wait no that doesn't work at all

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uruka was actually the character I was rooting for before Sensei became my favorite character and Foomy got a lot of moments dedicated to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
LAtest 7 Deadly Sins

In addition
The Seven Deadly Sins Manga Ends With 41st Volume in May

quote:

The 40th volume of Nakaba Suzuki's The Seven Deadly Sins manga confirmed on Monday that the manga will end in the 41st volume, which will ship on May 15.

In the manga's side story collection that also debuted on Monday, Suzuki stated in an afterword that side stories based on the "remaining characters" will come out "someday." However, he added that this will be after he "begins serializing a new work," confirming that he is working on a new series.

The editor for the manga had posted a color printing proof for the 40th volume last Thursday, in which Suzuki said that the manga has "one more volume left" in the Author's Note.

The magazine previously stated last May that the manga's 315th chapter, titled "Farewell, 'The Seven Deadly Sins,'" would be the manga's "climax," but the manga continued. Suzuki stated in an August 2018 interview with Kadokawa's Da Vinci magazine that he is planning on concluding the manga in "about a year," after about 40 volumes' worth of story. He noted that he had the ending planned since the beginning of the manga and that he plans to give it an ending worthy of a shōnen magazine.
Pretty sure the ending worthy of a Shounen Magazin ship has sailed already. Elli "getting crushed by a rock" was awesome though. :allears: It's probably good that this is coming to an end even if Cath looks pretty awesome.