Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I tried playing as Belgium but died to France

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What possible explanation could there be for this nightmare?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B452K1t79KY

New gameplay of Starcraft Ghost has surfaced. It doesn't clarify which console this version is on, although pretty obviously OG Xbox since its being played on an Xbox 360? Ghost was to be on PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The thing is, Kinect is actually pretty good and relatively affordable motion capture tech.

The problem was that Microsoft tried to make it a video game thing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I went to reinstall Victoria II and I don't own it on Steam? I even went back to my GamersGate (lol) account and it only has Victoria I on it.

I swear I played it... or did I just dream it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A dude with an unhealthy crush on the female lead of AI: somnium files made hundreds of fake meta critic accounts to review bomb the game from an 8 to a 1 because other weebs were making fun of how creepy his 2d love was getting

In summary: play ai somnium files its crazy good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't know it looks like it has a pretty low metacritic score

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If that’s an “unhealthy” crush I don’t want to be healthy

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i've been the one making tons of accounts and rating this thread 1 because i have a crush on someone in it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think I admire that kind of lunacy. wish I cared about something that much

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

i don't know it looks like it has a pretty low metacritic score

:master:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a-set is sick, i support his love

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I said come in! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B452K1t79KY

New gameplay of Starcraft Ghost has surfaced. It doesn't clarify which console this version is on, although pretty obviously OG Xbox since its being played on an Xbox 360? Ghost was to be on PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube.

Cancelling Starcraft Ghost was what made Blizzard bad

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Was Swingin’ Ape fully dissolved into Blizzard? Did anyone escape? Metal Arms was a great first game for a new studio

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

beat the wolcen campaign (without dying!) time to reap my rewards

https://streamable.com/dpbcp

excellent

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Ariong posted:

What possible explanation could there be for this nightmare?

The second one specifically is shu trying on the first psvr prototype. This one though

Sweet dreams

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I loved AI: The Somnium Files but tbh Iris was like the least interesting character in it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I think I admire that kind of lunacy. wish I cared about something that much

Maybe you just haven't met the right anime character yet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forgot to mention, I am a gamer uncle now. Sister and her husband are big time gamers, so I am looking forward to buying their son their first Nintendo console.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i finished the first act of Wolcen, and so far i think it's a pretty excellent entry in the genre. most of my complaints are minor/polish related, including what might be the most petty complaint of all time:as far as i've seen the inventory items only come in 1x1 and 2x1 sizes, which is more convenient but i kind miss having a full inventory and opening it up and like 3 worthless giant axes i picked up on accident are clogging it up

the difficulty seems to spike at the act 1 boss which i am currently fine with, though i was carried in part by this great great sword:

in these sorts of games i tend towards a barbarian type for my first character and it's really satisfying. I have skills that leap, aoe, whirlwind, push, pull, and for some reason kratos' chains to choose from. i don't think i've been a mobile wrecking ball like this in an arpg since marvel heroes.

edit: oh yeah the story is real bad but like, i think this genre actually works with real dumb pulp/comic book stories. arpgs are such base games that a cheesy narrative trying to explain why one might want to explode a pack of ghosts with a single hammer swing wraps around to almost charming

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1228755765411926018

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Imo having the story be unintrusive like in Diablo 2 or PoE is the way to go, none of these Cinematics

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did anyone get hyped up because of that Diablo trailer that was like four minutes of explicit torture

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

i finished the first act of Wolcen, and so far i think it's a pretty excellent entry in the genre.

Just a heads up, the saving issues are not fixed yet. The game might reset all of your progress back to the tutorial.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Relax Or DIE posted:

arpgs are such base games that a cheesy narrative trying to explain why one might want to explode a pack of ghosts with a single hammer swing wraps around to almost charming

:allears:

i actually really liked the story in wolcen. valeria is great and most of the other characters and their motivations seemed pretty believable. there's a cliffhanger though at the end of chapter 3, which probably means there will be more later (maybe, if the game doesn't completely flop after all the bad launch poo poo)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaytoooooooooooooooooooooooooonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oddium posted:

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaytoooooooooooooooooooooooooonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RBjH6lQT4w

May 8, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Just a heads up, the saving issues are not fixed yet. The game might reset all of your progress back to the tutorial.

noted - i'm in act 2 so my character is con dios now, it would suck to lose it but it's just an offline character i'm playing with until the issues settle out and I can co-op with my brother

Kerrzhe posted:

:allears:

i actually really liked the story in wolcen. valeria is great and most of the other characters and their motivations seemed pretty believable. there's a cliffhanger though at the end of chapter 3, which probably means there will be more later (maybe, if the game doesn't completely flop after all the bad launch poo poo)

yeah i wouldn't call it good but i'm having a good time with it. i hope they can sort out of the balance/online issues fairly quickly but I also think, based on reading the wolcen thread, that I'm more in the minority in how I approach these games as I don't care too much about endgame economy or having the game last hundreds and hundreds of hours.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Cancelling Starcraft Ghost was what made Blizzard bad

All the old guard leaving is what killed The Blizzard You Know And Love.

Like there's still a few about, but it's a shadow of what it was.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

oddium posted:

Roooolllllinnnnggggg ssssssttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The entr'acte story from the D2 cinematics was so freaking good. Who didn't feel a chill run down their 15-year old spines when they heard "I am not the Archangel Tyrael" for the first time. If D3's story was told entirely through the cinematics and nowhere else then it also would have been passable.

Wolcen's writing makes Diablo 3 look like high art by comparison.

May 8, 2006

yeah i loved the cutscenes in diablo 2, and it was helped by the fact that as a dumb child i was real bad at the game so the menacing demons from the cutscenes were actually really tough in game

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cutscenes in Diablo are great the first time through. It's nice to have context other than "do a kill".

Thank gently caress for adventure mode after that though.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The villains in Diablo 3’s story mode won’t shut the gently caress up

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1229110726138253312

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Relax Or DIE posted:

yeah i loved the cutscenes in diablo 2, and it was helped by the fact that as a dumb child i was real bad at the game so the menacing demons from the cutscenes were actually really tough in game

I played D2 on my old-rear end Pentium I shortly before my family bought a new PC and in addition to being terrifying Duriel also killed me on sight because the dungeon loaded too slowly for me to react.

May 8, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I played D2 on my old-rear end Pentium I shortly before my family bought a new PC and in addition to being terrifying Duriel also killed me on sight because the dungeon loaded too slowly for me to react.

:same:

also my very first character was a necromancer who relied on skeletons which did jack and poo poo to Big Duriel and it roadblocked me for a while, i think i ended up grinding enough to get by eventually. if my memory serves that character would get stuck in act 3 because i couldn't figure out how to advance, i scoured the maps but found no way forward. I'm sure I just missed a path but as it was an offline character I couldn't (or didn't understand how to) reset the map.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am pretty positive this is not true for Doom.

May 8, 2006

arpg talk makes me think i should revisit that van helsing arpg series - iirc the trilogy was rolled into one remastered game with the new classes and stuff backported, plus controller support. i remember thinking the class concepts were neat and it was cool that you got to upgrade your ghost companion along with your character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One of the first things that happens in that game is your van helsing guy saying “I thought werewolves were a myth” to his ghost friend