Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Gynovore posted:

Here's Sandolphan's binds, those are the ones I used.

https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Mastermind_Numpad_Pet_Controls

for my money, it's worth taking the powexec_name ones and updating them to target the summon 10 meters ahead of you, now that that's possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Gynovore posted:

Here's Sandolphan's binds, those are the ones I used.

https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Mastermind_Numpad_Pet_Controls

YES!! those were them!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Glazius posted:

Being charitable here, I could make a case for the original intent being to prevent you from hitting the computers with two hundred Freakshow running at you and spawning Clamor in on top of them. That's not a fun time when you're running that one on-level.

Ah, if that's how that encounter works that makes some sense, yeah.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

John Murdoch posted:

Ah, if that's how that encounter works that makes some sense, yeah.

Yeah, the "scour this cave and click on the four gribblies in the different map corners all at once" ones can die in a ditch, but this is just, like, four consoles around the reactor core. Super easy to get to when you're not being harassed by a dozen Freakshow.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I mean, it's still pretty goofy but considering that TF revamp was almost certainly done on a budget of $1.50 I at least get why.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I just had a tanker quit a Tin/pex in the hydra filled sewers because he hates speed running TFs.

Apex is more or less a kill all followed by the Battle Maiden arena. besides the sewers, which suck, you CANT speed that TF other than not sucking :psyduck:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

winterwerefox posted:

I just had a tanker quit a Tin/pex in the hydra filled sewers because he hates speed running TFs.

Apex is more or less a kill all followed by the Battle Maiden arena. besides the sewers, which suck, you CANT speed that TF other than not sucking :psyduck:

Eh, it's a mindset. If you really want to punch everything in front of you, you're gonna feel it getting abandoned to Hydra. I think... maybe Bio Armor has got the tools to deal with that and that's it?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Yeah people regularly blast through the sewers to nuke the everloving poo poo out of the objectives so I can see why that could be irritating (brings up bad memories of Lambda for me anyway). On the other hand, I dunno why you'd want to sit around trying to cut through all of the hydra tentacles and poo poo. They made that place unpleasant on purpose.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

All Tankers should be force to use the giant model so I can see when they hop into the next group.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I don't know what's up with WSTs lately but I've been disqualified for double merits twice this past week. I think what's happening is the first WST I do counts but the second WST no longer counts. This really sucks because this week's WSTs are woodsman and citadel, the latter giving a lot more merits than the former but because I did the former first, I got double for that but not for the latter. It used to give me double for both.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Freakazoid_ posted:

I don't know what's up with WSTs lately but I've been disqualified for double merits twice this past week. I think what's happening is the first WST I do counts but the second WST no longer counts. This really sucks because this week's WSTs are woodsman and citadel, the latter giving a lot more merits than the former but because I did the former first, I got double for that but not for the latter. It used to give me double for both.

You can benefit from one WST bonus per week per character - it doesn't matter which one you actually do. There's a series of badges for doing a WST even when you don't get bonuses. The week resets at, I think, 11 PM Sunday, EST?

I can't remember a time when it was otherwise, but that might have been true earlier on when they were experimenting with this?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
A GM told me that the once per week is normal, which is really bizarre because I was definitely getting double merits for doing two separate WSTs up until recently. And yes the WSTs that aren't giving me double merits are counting toward the badge now, which is nice but I'm really weirded out that I've been taking advantage of a bug nobody knew existed.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I updated op to remove goon server as the hosting ended up getting pulled. I also realized I never actually finished the OP so I'll try to do that this weekend too.

I'll need to ping a mod for a new thread title if anyone has suggestions.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
'Goonserver was dismantled by Clockwork. Come play City of Heroes again!'

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Goon Server was a Nemesis plot.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Just lol if you're not playing on the Homecoming cluster.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Tsurupettan posted:

I updated op to remove goon server as the hosting ended up getting pulled. I also realized I never actually finished the OP so I'll try to do that this weekend too.

I have made a small tweak in the interim.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > City of Heroes: Yes, it's really back, and goons killed their own server! Goons really are the worst!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Remember when I was doing character dumps? Well a certain Kickstarter came along so now in honor of that I'm gonna post all of this nonsense.

It all began with a fashion model and a rock from space...

The Dragonista was born when a top fashion model stumbled across a glittering diamond, one large enough to fit comfortably in the hand, one pulsing with unknown powers... In actuality the stone was the crystalized remnant of the last great emperor of the Space Dragons, the pinnacle of the Indrax Lineage. It was thought lost after a suicidal attack on the imperial fleets (the Indrax feared and hated by so many) but in fact was propelled through space until it landed on an unassuming blue dot. The stone quickly bonded to the woman, bestowing all of the knowledge and power of the Indrax, and of course the need to conquer all that they see... Of course, the process was only intended for pure-blooded Space Dragon so who knows what new form the freshly risen Empress will ultimately take... (Fire/Fire Dom. This character is directly based on one of my favorite Electric Six songs.)

The Universal Sentinels, a long-standing peacekeeping force in the universe, had caught wind that the Indrax Remnant was still out there and figured out that it was headed for the Sol system. They sent one of their agents, a Metagalactic Ranger, to Earth to try and intercept the stone. The importance of this mission was reflected in his newly granted rank:
Special Level Ultra Envoy of the Universal Sentinels Metagalactic BLUE!

(MA/SR Scrapper)

But the Indrax Lineage was already well aware that the Universal Sentinels had gotten involved and stole the data that pointed to the final location of the Remnant. If the empire could not retrieve the stone, then the next course of action was obvious: total annihilation. Thus, they sent their most dangerous agent, the elder dragon Tanzanis. Or as he is better known across the galaxy, The Ender of 1000 Suns. After hurtling to Earth in the form of a meteor, Tanzanis was shocked to find the Emperor reborn as a human but his loyalty proved unerring. The Lineage lives on and he is content to aid his Empress conquer Earth, as well as provide his own accumulated wisdom in an attempt to awaken more of the Emperor's dormant essence within her.

(Beast/Bio Brute)

Metagalactic BLUE never had a chance. Not the least of which because the Indrax had an ace up their sleeve...
Maximum Level Threat Rogue Universal Sentinel Metagalactic GOLD! Long since known as an unreliable Universal Sentinel and one prone to excessive violence to boot, GOLD eventually broke off to become a mercenary for hire. The Indrax began bankrolling him soon after, allowing him to pirate his way across the galaxy. His cavalier attitude towards the law and life itself even managed to impress the Space Dragons, who normally take a dim view of humanoids. For his cutthroat attitude, he gained the name "Beast of Both Worlds". Ultimately GOLD was instructed by the Space Dragons to prevent Metagalactic BLUE from reaching Earth at all costs. The two crossed paths and fought to a standstill. Though GOLD couldn't overcome BLUE, it was still enough of a delay to allow Tanzanis to make to Earth first.

(Energy/Martial Blaster)

Yet none of them could have predicted that the Emperor would already be reborn on Earth... Now the planet is the stage for a fight with staggering ramifications for the rest of the universe and BLUE must stand alone against three of the most dangerous criminals in the galaxy...

...Or does he?

That fashion model had a girlfriend. Her heart was shattered when her girlfriend disappeared the night she was going to propose. So she made a wish on the stars...and the stars answered back, transforming her into a shining warrior. While prone to coming and going according to her own agenda, The Masked Butterfly can be counted as an ally against the Indrax threat. Can she reunite with her girlfriend, or will the dragon's fire ultimately consume them both? (DB/WP Scrapper. Blatantly inspired by Sayonara Wild Hearts.)

And who knows what other denizens of the stars may yet join the fight? The Indrax Remnant Crisis has only begun...

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Tsurupettan posted:

Ah, I was wondering why I couldn’t log on.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Tsurupettan posted:

City of Heroes

add goonbox, but not until someone posts up a version with the tasteless poo poo scrubbed.

Just curious, what exactly is wrong with Goonbox? I know it's a bit of a time capsule, but I know when I did the audio at least there didn't seem to be much stuff that would make people really upset.

*It's the Centipedes in my Vagina billboard, right? Sigh.

Ramen Pride! fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 16, 2020

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Bathrooms.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

hup posted:

Bathrooms.

I thought Willow saying "I doodle, you doodle, they doodle you doodle too!" was removed as the game patched over time?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Ramen Pride! posted:

I thought Willow saying "I doodle, you doodle, they doodle you doodle too!" was removed as the game patched over time?

Early aughts "no girls on the internet" poo poo.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Mystic Mongol posted:

Early aughts "no girls on the internet" poo poo.

Huh, I had no idea that was even in there! I did most of the audio side, and tinkered a little with things that don't work anymore like some broken billboards and putting Lowtax's face on the Atlas statue. Never even noticed that in game. I thought you were referring to a sound cue I used to have plugged in next to the bathrooms in the train stations that stopped working ages ago.

Still, like I said, time capsule. If that's the only reason it's not endorsed anymore then I'm sad. It really isn't a horrible hate-filled mess or anything. It reflects the general state of the SA forums from 2004-2010. Oh. *Think JeffK, for example.

I hope people realize that it's very very very easy to edit if there are things you don't like about it?

Of course usually when people edit it it's to remove my kids from nagging them about glowies lol

**and then they wind up putting my kids shrieking at them about being blind back in because they realize I deliberately used channeled audio to make it much easier to pinpoint the glowies. :)

Ramen Pride! fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 16, 2020

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
I believe if you want to get rid of it, it's located at:

"data/texture_library/WORLD/Villian_lairs/offices/ofc1_womans_bathroom.texture"

And possibly also:

"data/texture_library2/WORLD/Villian_lairs/offices/ofc1_womans_bathroom.texture"

Just delete that file and the rest of Goonbox will work or not work just as it used to. Like I mentioned, with various patches and changes some sound cues and textures don't work properly anymore, but in general it's still the same wonderfully annoying experience we all fell in love with. :)

Ramen Pride! fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 16, 2020

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Homecoming Forums posted:

Something I found that helps with bestowing buffs is using:

/optionset buffsettings 1184529

This removes autos and toggles from the status window allowing to only see clickies. It makes seeing who has or has not buffs much easier.

i just found this on the HC forums and holy gently caress this is game changing for anyone playing a clickie buff set

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Ramen Pride! posted:

*It's the Centipedes in my Vagina billboard, right? Sigh.

No, that's still wonderful

I'd dump the "C***K in my armor" billboard too. That and the bathroom signs should be it.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

i just found this on the HC forums and holy gently caress this is game changing for anyone playing a clickie buff set

Kins everywhere rejoice!

sb me plz

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Sometimes I think about the alternate universe where you still have to speed boost each individual person on your team

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I'm installing this, what the hell. I would like my kid to check this out too, since he's never seen this before and he's a Superhero nutjob like me. Are the servers fairly kid friendly? I think he'd just be creating dudes and tooling around with them, not anything serious since he's 7.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Comfortador posted:

I'm installing this, what the hell. I would like my kid to check this out too, since he's never seen this before and he's a Superhero nutjob like me. Are the servers fairly kid friendly? I think he'd just be creating dudes and tooling around with them, not anything serious since he's 7.

Aside from general 'it's the internet' issues I haven't had any really bad times. Most people are extremely friendly and understanding in this game.

Maybe turn off the Help channel...

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Tsurupettan posted:

Aside from general 'it's the internet' issues I haven't had any really bad times. Most people are extremely friendly and understanding in this game.

Maybe turn off the Help channel...

Right, internet aside of course. :)

Also, back when CoH was shutdown we had the capability of exporting characters to XML files. Wasn't there a program that allowed us to load those up to look at them etc..? I want to basically recreate some of those characters to tool around on.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Soonmot posted:

No, that's still wonderful

I'd dump the "C***K in my armor" billboard too. That and the bathroom signs should be it.

I'm having trouble viewing textures on this rig to identify the CIMArmor meme billboard so people can prune it if Goonbox gets linked back in the OP. The amusing thing is that if I recall it was labled as a FOX news headline. Goonbox was prophetic on so many levels. Or maybe FOX never changed.

Comfortador posted:

My kids loved it. Nudgar Robot and General Happiness were proud members of Goonsquad and SPACE ROBOTS. I'm proud of all you guys for tolerating all their shenanigans. :)

That's them yelling in Goonbox back when they were tiny. Oh I'm old...

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Ramen Pride! posted:

I'm having trouble viewing textures on this rig to identify the CIMArmor meme billboard so people can prune it if Goonbox gets linked back in the OP. The amusing thing is that if I recall it was labled as a FOX news headline. Goonbox was prophetic on so many levels. Or maybe FOX never changed.

My kids loved it. Nudgar Robot and General Happiness were proud members of Goonsquad and SPACE ROBOTS. I'm proud of all you guys for tolerating all their shenanigans. :)

That's them yelling in Goonbox back when they were tiny. Oh I'm old...

I remember the original servers being okay (I also remember the voice additions, are they like 30 now with kids of their own? :) ) I just wanted to make sure these new servers weren't full of shady people in case he plays the game when I'm not watching.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I probably wouldn't let them play on the 4chan servers, but generally if they don't draw too much attention to themselves they won't be worse than any random pubbie

is there some reason we can't make an updated version of goonbox that doesn't include the two or three lovely things?

EDIT: ah, y'know, standards change. but if we could make a version that doesn't include the tiny number of really lovely things, then we could avoid having this conversation entirely. I'm not actually sure what goonbox amounts to because I've never used it - is there an installshield or something?

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 17, 2020

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

LordSaturn posted:

I probably wouldn't let them play on the 4chan servers, but generally if they don't draw too much attention to themselves they won't be worse than any random pubbie

is there some reason we can't make an updated version of goonbox that doesn't include the two or three lovely things?

Yeah, the fact that a couple of things resulted in a ban on Goonbox while City of Heroes was surging back made me sad. I'm working on identifying the issues and...

I found the CIMArmor one! I had to log in and fly around until I did, but if people delete:

data\texture_library\WORLD\Swappables_and_Decals\Signs\Billboard\billboard_Horiz_2to1\Blbrd__Infrontsteakhouse.texture

That should take care of it.

I'll pop in and fly around some more just to make sure the image isn't on any other billboard dimensions as well.

There was actually an effort with everyone when we made Goonbox not to push things too far over the line. Sorry we failed miserably! :(

*If anyone could provide a link to the version of Goonbox that you use, I'd like to download it and prune it and see about re-uploading it. I'd repack the one I use, but it's heavily tinkered with.

Ramen Pride! fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 17, 2020

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Comfortador posted:

I remember the original servers being okay (I also remember the voice additions, are they like 30 now with kids of their own? :) ) I just wanted to make sure these new servers weren't full of shady people in case he plays the game when I'm not watching.

Homecoming I think has been exceptionally nice for the most part. I've never had the urge to report anyone or anything quite like that in the whole time I've been playing on it. Thunderspy/CoXG or whatever it calls itself believes in "free speech" and will have people posting slurs because it's a server full of edgy 4chan bigots. So I can't say I'd recommend that.

Comfortador posted:

Right, internet aside of course. :)

Also, back when CoH was shutdown we had the capability of exporting characters to XML files. Wasn't there a program that allowed us to load those up to look at them etc..? I want to basically recreate some of those characters to tool around on.

You can export the costume files from the XML files with the Senticon converter.

The SCORE team are the only ones who have the original character database with progress in-tact and they aren't sharing (apparently because they never made backups and did a bunch of gross poo poo like piloting people's characters who weren't on the server or who had passed away.)

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
Yeah CoXG is the one to avoid because it's packed to the gills with the kinds of people who'd get banned from GBS on here. I'd give them a year before their population consists of neonazi-adjacent individuals by virtue of anyone with a normal brain having left since they won't do anything about Goosestep Greg talking about the Great Replacement theory or w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Homecoming feels kid-friendly as long as they're not hanging out in Pocket D or something, and with the caveat that sometimes pickup groups are just going to have awful people in them like anything else on the internet does. But by and large the game and the community are totally fine for most kids to be playing around with! CoH is nice that way, since it starts with the superhero stuff as a baseline which is generally pretty kid-friendly.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

The SCORE team are the only ones who have the original character database with progress in-tact and they aren't sharing (apparently because they never made backups and did a bunch of gross poo poo like piloting people's characters who weren't on the server or who had passed away.)

nobody ever played characters other than their own. they had really thorough checks to make sure you were the owner of an account before they'd grant you access to your characters, and it was a 1:1 thing so you couldn't grab a friend's account alongside your own or anything like that. people started some really malicious rumors about SCORE back when they were angry about the code not being public but this stuff was blatantly untrue

also the character database is gone now, because if they kept it around NCsoft was going to take legal action. its entirely deleted, wiped, etc. nobody has access to it anymore.