Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Liam's my favorite of the four because he really knows his stuff, or at least generally more than the other three, and he seems like a genuinely kind person. It's too bad he doesn't stream more but I'm glad he's pursuing what he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Woolie is a genuinely kind person too :colbert:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okay I still am staying an arms length from the others, particularly Pat and his Nazi girlfriend, but Wollie has started to play Kotor 2 and I am here for that

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Paige is stupid but not a nazi lol

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rody One Half posted:

Okay I still am staying an arms length from the others, particularly Pat and his Nazi girlfriend, but Wollie has started to play Kotor 2 and I am here for that

If you have not watched the Woolie/Super Eyepatch Wolf Goemon LP...you really, really really need to.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The N64 one? I'll think about it, I liked when Giant Bomb played it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rody One Half posted:

The N64 one? I'll think about it, I liked when Giant Bomb played it.

No, the SNES one.

I think it may be the best LP trainwreck anyone from SBFP ever did. A weapon to surpass Omikron.

youre
Dec 30, 2019

THANK YOU!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, there's a few stuff I use to fill the gaps but none of it's the same. There's a few solo people i like to watch from time to time but it's not the same energy and you don't get as good tangents. I used to like Grumps but I fell off for awhile and now that I check their channel all the video titles and thumbnails are algorithm vomit and it killed any interest I had in trying to figure out what to watch there.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
After the SBF crew split up I ended up watching a lot more Funhaus, which have a similar but different chaotic energy to them but they've also lost members in recent months which really sucks. At least in that case they left on good terms so they can still show up from time to time. They also only really do short one shot videos, no long LP format stuff.

I do agree Woolie has hit his stride recently, plus I really like Reggie a lot now. I find the stuff with just him and Reggie has good flow, while stuff with Minh is a coin toss for me.

Really looking forward to the DOOM and KOTOR2 LP. :allears:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i don't think i've watched or listened to any of their content in like four or five months. i only read this thread on occasion to see if they've done something i might be interested in but i don't think that's going to happen anymore.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

I've also struggled to find something to replace the shitlords. Specifically LPs with two or three people, and long form - where they actually finish games. And as strange as it may sound, only very lightly edited, not just compilations of cuts taken from longer gameplay sessions.

I've really liked some Oney Plays stuff but he/they tend to do more one-offs it seems. =(

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Geek Remix was my patch after the channel exploded. Love those girls.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Captain Invictus posted:

Paige is stupid but not a nazi lol

No, but she does think it's fine to hang out with Nazis because she also follows lefties on twitter.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Matt just out here gigabotching saying Saints Row 3 was the best of the series, gat dang

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

No, but she does think it's fine to hang out with Nazis because she also follows lefties on twitter.

I think that was encapsulated in the "Paige is stupid" part

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Matt just out here gigabotching saying Saints Row 3 was the best of the series, gat dang

that seems to be a popular opinion.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

the only person that I've found that fills the void is Nothernlion but his humour and style is pretty different than the boys.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Imma keep shilling TheStrawHatNo because the whole channel is usually at least 2 person LPs and the humor is exactly what I'm looking for.

https://youtu.be/BVITnVCmF9c

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Press buttons n talk, prozd's lp channel, is generally pretty good but they've been on Edgeworth investigations for what feels like an eternity

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Roobanguy posted:

that seems to be a popular opinion.

Saints Row 2 is the best, 3 hosed up some things, 4 went a different direction and sorta called out 3 on some things which was cool so it's a close second to 2, it might even be the best to some but it's basically a different genre of game at that point.

Gat Outta Hell is the worst.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Captain Invictus posted:

Press buttons n talk, prozd's lp channel, is generally pretty good but they've been on Edgeworth investigations for what feels like an eternity

As someone who has watched a friend play through it Ace Attorney Investigations is just a really, really, really loving long game for an Ace Attorney game. It's probably longer than AA1 by a good chunk.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm just a sucker for their mario party playthroughs.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Lor posted:

I've also struggled to find something to replace the shitlords. Specifically LPs with two or three people, and long form - where they actually finish games. And as strange as it may sound, only very lightly edited, not just compilations of cuts taken from longer gameplay sessions.

I've really liked some Oney Plays stuff but he/they tend to do more one-offs it seems. =(

TheStrawhatNo
Forums alumni Chip & Ironicus
and, while he's doing solo LPs, still very good, and also a forums alumnus: Supergreatfriend

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I like Highwang, uzworm and their general 'crew'.

Slowbeef, Diabetus and co are still pretty great when they're active.

If we're talking goon groups.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Vinnie from Vinesauce is a pretty cool guy.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If you liked the SBFP Silent Hill LPs, VoidBurger's SH LPs are fantastic, and she's super knowledgeable about the series.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

They aren't really LPs, but I love to watch developers react to speedruns of their own games, like this Outer World reaction/speedrun. The Spyro 3 developers reaction/speedrun is also really great, since the developers break down within minutes of the video.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 19, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Brightman posted:

Saints Row 2 is the best, 3 hosed up some things, 4 went a different direction and sorta called out 3 on some things which was cool so it's a close second to 2, it might even be the best to some but it's basically a different genre of game at that point.

Gat Outta Hell is the worst.

Saint's Row 4 was basically the Crackdown spiritual successor I wanted for awhile.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Goddamn, Woolie's been streaming Kotor 2 for almost 10 hours today.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat is trying to coward his way, made a poll to do 3 RE games or do RE6.

Got mad when RE6 was winning by 70%

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

You'd think they'd learn by now that their fans like to see them suffer.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Andrast posted:

I think that was encapsulated in the "Paige is stupid" part

If you have 3 nazis and an idiot at a table you actually just have 4 nazis at a table

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ah, so she's just a white liberal then.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/OffBrandLink/status/1230958310246895616

https://twitter.com/OffBrandLink/status/1230948972350427136

https://twitter.com/x_Wolfsteak_x/status/1230772871405826050

:3:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wow, Lil' Mills is holding Woolie's hips and gently guiding him thru KOTOR 2 this first hour.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

thank god he had the courage pat lacked and got woolie to knock it off with that pausing after every turn poo poo

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Little V is the unexpected perfect non-blind LP partner we needed.

poo poo, maybe he can guide Woolie through New Vegas...

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Man the Starwhal Salt Party is some top tier poo poo. This bit at the end where Minh just breaks down into victory cackles. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ApeHawk posted:

Little V is the unexpected perfect non-blind LP partner we needed.

poo poo, maybe he can guide Woolie through New Vegas...

If the quality of this holds up, hopefully we get more Little V LPs!