Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Uh...

That's...a model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:stare:

Yeah. That video's been making the rounds for a couple weeks now, but you're the first person I've seen to notice.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uh...

That's...a model.

HAH!

It is, you're amazing

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Omg that’s why it seemed so weirdly out of proportion to the camera operator and they didn’t get blown around by the exhaust. Does that mean the helicopter is just spliced in? poo poo, all the sounds spliced in?

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode
I just realized that's why it's below the camera. I thought the camera operator was just on a hill

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I mean, the physics threw me off immediately, then the perspective of the camera felt even more off, and I rewatched it a bunch of times and was just like "No. No loving way that thing is real."
The comments being disabled was the final straw.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Real jets, real roads!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slm9ksxU0HY

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Meanwhile, in Finland...

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

IDGI. The trees and the people next to the runway at the end of the clip are proportional to the plane. The cameraman is standing on a ridge/hill to the side of the runway. It looks like a real plane to me.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Craptacular posted:

IDGI. The trees and the people next to the runway at the end of the clip are proportional to the plane. The cameraman is standing on a ridge/hill to the side of the runway. It looks like a real plane to me.

The style of the plane suggests a jetliner, like a 737 or something, and there's no way it's that big. You can get (or make) 1:4 scale RC jets, and this is probably something like that.

EDIT: here's a video showing a jet similar to the one in the hoax video. I guess technically it's big enough to be used as a drug mule...

TooMuchAbstraction fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 11, 2020

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

The style of the plane suggests a jetliner, like a 737 or something, and there's no way it's that big. You can get (or make) 1:4 scale RC jets, and this is probably something like that.

EDIT: here's a video showing a jet similar to the one in the hoax video. I guess technically it's big enough to be used as a drug mule...

It's a Hawker 125, which isn't all that big. And there's photos of it on the ground too.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
If that video is fake, it's very elaborate to include fake news stories from several semi-reputable sites. The people to the side of the runway are apparently miniature people if it's a model. And the aircraft with matching livery and tail number has been seized by police. The Guatamalen Air Force flew the jet off that runway deliberately.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/32127/guatemalan-air-force-pilot-deserves-a-raise-for-flying-out-this-stranded-drug-running-jet

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
lol at goons convincing themselves that real things are fake

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

If that video is fake, it's very elaborate to include fake news stories from several semi-reputable sites. The people to the side of the runway are apparently miniature people if it's a model. And the aircraft with matching livery and tail number has been seized by police. The Guatamalen Air Force flew the jet off that runway deliberately.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/32127/guatemalan-air-force-pilot-deserves-a-raise-for-flying-out-this-stranded-drug-running-jet

Goddamn. Those pictures are the only reason I'm buying it now. The proportion looks very off to me in the video.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

The proportion looks very off to me in the video.

I feel like the mix of using a zoom, elevated camera, and jungle trees being HUGE makes it kind of brain-warping. The dudes on the side of the runway really help show scale if you take note of how far down the runway they were, then rewind to when the aircraft was around there, thus basically filling the zoomed screen.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

my kinda ape posted:

lol at goons convincing themselves that real things are fake

the internet: where everything real is decried as fake, except for the fake stuff. That's totally real.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Godholio posted:

Goddamn. Those pictures are the only reason I'm buying it now. The proportion looks very off to me in the video.

I dunno man I can’t see any pixels, looks real to me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

my brain hurts now

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Another part of the illusion is that the Hawker jet they're using is smaller than it looks - the wingspan is only 3m longer than a typical Cessna and the wings are barely shoulder height.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/peshmergaswe/status/1227594724254658560?s=19

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

But Vasudus is in DC today?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

EBB posted:

But Vasudus is in DC today?

It's a wonderful tradition being honored on the regular by our boys and girls in uniform.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Heh. Until you have to fix / clean the everything, at least. What's the panel that seems to be sorta glued to the turret faces? Says "this side off"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

aphid_licker posted:

What's the panel that seems to be sorta glued to the turret faces? Says "this side off"

They're IR identification panels.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh no, they have that awful laser tag equipment on it. See that black panel on the right of the tank? When you get shot by an enemy tank round during an exercise, it shoots out a little thing that's supposed to make a puff of white smoke indicating you got hit to you and the guy shooting you. Never worked. We'd always end up with the graders sitting shotgun getting out and going nuh-uh we killed you first.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

They're IR identification panels.

Much obliged!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The M2 on the turret roof has the blank firing adaptor installed as well.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Why is the tow bars stowed on the front? Seems like thats a bad idea.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Why is the tow bars stowed on the front? Seems like thats a bad idea.

It’s set up to make it faster to hook up the tank for a tow. The complete assembly weighs over 300 lbs so the less wrestling with it the better.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Oh I got to use that poo poo once. GPS enabled and all fancy.

Except they forgot that gun tractors don't move all that much and killed all our batteries within the first day. Every move order took 4 times as long because we had to chain jump all our trucks.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/LostWeapons/status/1230225896671342592?s=19

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

Oh I got to use that poo poo once. GPS enabled and all fancy.

Except they forgot that gun tractors don't move all that much and killed all our batteries within the first day. Every move order took 4 times as long because we had to chain jump all our trucks.

Proudly upgraded by Best Buy out by the mall. Only the Best for our troops!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
From a few years ago but I will always laugh at everyone's reaction when they see the needle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4_mRoOT-7E

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

MikeCrotch posted:

From a few years ago but I will always laugh at everyone's reaction when they see the needle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4_mRoOT-7E

Shouldn't he be wearing gloves for this?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

We use intraosseus access in codes and it’s a weird drill bit needle hybrid on the tip of an electric hand drill. Looks so much like something from Home Depot. It’s surprisingly fast and easy to use and just drills straight into their leg bone below the knee. It’s much better because that sternum access device is probably NOT a great idea when you need to make use of chest compressions.

Edit: I looked it up and surprisingly enough they say it seems safe for cpr because while there have been anecdotal cases of bad outcomes, there are no published cases of injury. Watching a video of cpr with one in place it sees out of the way enough, and probably faster infusion rates for fluids.

That guy is a champ for volunteering I would not be able to lay there and let that happen!

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 22, 2020

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Blind Rasputin posted:

We use intraosseus access in codes and it’s a weird drill bit needle hybrid on the tip of an electric hand drill. Looks so much like something from Home Depot. It’s surprisingly fast and easy to use and just drills straight into their leg bone below the knee. It’s much better because that sternum access device is probably NOT a great idea when you need to make use of chest compressions.

Edit: I looked it up and surprisingly enough they say it seems safe for cpr because while there have been anecdotal cases of bad outcomes, there are no published cases of injury. Watching a video of cpr with one in place it sees out of the way enough, and probably faster infusion rates for fluids.

That guy is a champ for volunteering I would not be able to lay there and let that happen!

The dude in the video says you'd use on someone who's lost 2+ limbs so you probably can't use the thing you're talking about.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Volunteering for that poo poo is usually the smart move in my book. Takes the drama out of it for later and you don't have to get it done on you by some schmuck who's taking a medic course because it's on his course plan for advancement.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The smart move actually is running and not stopping until you reach Canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Some pro-tier War Thunder players in Syria at work:

crazy-video-out-of-syria-shows-an-armored-personnel-carrier-brawling-with-a-t-72-tank