Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Gripweed posted:

Different fictional universes depict demons in different ways. The demons in Doom are just yelling monsters. It seems like this new woman demon they're rolling out is also another yelling monster. It retroactively implies that all the other demons were men. Which raises questions about how demons experience gender

Yes, this is why it's very weird for me. Saying "this demon is female" implies a lot of complex things about demon physiology and/or psychology that really goes against the grain of "demons are heartless evil monsters and that's it, kill them all" that DOOM was leaning into before.

EDIT: What I mean is that this means that demons have biological sex, or gender identity, or both. All raise questions.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

demons are mammals and have relations to make a baby demon whats the problem here this is basic demonology

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Where does John Romero's head fit into all of this

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Demons are female only to torment neckbeards.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stux posted:

demons are mammals and have relations to make a baby demon whats the problem here this is basic demonology

Lucifer definitely fucks

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Wait, I think I get it.

[✓] Biped
[X] Feathers

Yup, that's a man.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Video game developer thinking as hard as he can to come up with a woke gameplay idea, until he is suddenly hit by a bolt of inspiration: "What if you can kill women too?"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ariong posted:

Wait, I think I get it.

[✓] Biped
[X] Feathers

Yup, that's a man.

Whoever designed the new Pinky did a bad job, both in gameplay and visual design.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

XCOM 2 just got rated for Switch in Korea :swoon:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Video game developer thinking as hard as he can to come up with a woke gameplay idea, until he is suddenly hit by a bolt of inspiration: "What if you can kill women too?"

Shatter the glass ceiling by throwing demons through it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
*thinking as hard as I possibly can*

Put some tits on that demon

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hey putting tits on an enemy worked for XCOM 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Speaking of demons
https://twitter.com/GuyFieri/status/1229227746053820419

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

New season of American Horror Story lookin weird

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
in an age where Respectable Men with Respectable Dress tell us that they would rather we die than suffer a small blow to their vast fortunes, the Flavortown pomp of Guy Fierri should be celebrated as a bleach-tipped beacon on stormy seas

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ariong posted:

Wait, I think I get it.

[✓] Biped
[X] Feathers

Yup, that's a man.

I mean, are we pretending any vaguely animalistic thing that doesn't have boobs is not typically perceived as masculine/male, even if it's explicitly referred to as "it"?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I saw the Sonic movie. It was a kids movie and therefore just alright, decent. Not the train wreck I had expected.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Finally a demon I can jack it to that's in a good game (not smt)

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is Jack Frost in Smash

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He should’ve gotten in instead of Joker

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

McSpanky posted:

I mean, are we pretendineg any vaguely animalistic thing that doesn't have boobs is not typically perceived as masculine/male, even if it's explicitly referred to as "it"?

:confused: I’m not really sure what you’re talking about.

EDIT: I mean, I know about the phenomenon you’re talking about, but I’m not really sure how it relates to my dumb Plato joke. Also the new demon doesn’t have boobs or a big red bow or anything.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Saw the sonic movie, it was very cute and dumb i thought. I give it 9 Detective Pikachus out of 10. I liked it and I think there's a lot of good potential for the sequel. Jim Carrey really came into his role as Eggman at the end and I'd like to see more of it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

are there any good gardening games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

What do you consider to be a gardening game? Something more arcadey and unrealistic or something slightly realistic but more life-simmy or something full on simulation?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m farming bandits for their armour in Battle Brothers, is that what you mean?

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

Kerrzhe posted:

I've heard good things about Mutazione but haven't played it, so idk how good it is or how central gardening is.

May 8, 2006

what's everyone's favorite video game bat

i'm very fond of the orb bats from megaman

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

dreamless posted:

I've heard good things about Mutazione but haven't played it, so idk how good it is or how central gardening is.

They just expanded the gardening in a patch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EgmRqax7oo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a good arpg is victor vran because you can play it with the controller instead of disgraceful pointing and clicking

wild that it came from the same dev as the first templar

but now they're just doing surviving mars instead of more cool arpgs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

waiting for the billy bat video game to answer this post

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I cannot play ARPGs with a mouse, it just feels so pointless.

But once Diablo III came to the PS4 I couldn't get enough of it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX_ARZod9_0

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

Does it count if it is something you thought was a bat when you were a kid but it turned out to not actually be a bat

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does Batman count? Does a baseball bat count?

May 8, 2006

i don't give a hoot what counts just post whatever you want you dinguses

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Would anybody here want to watch me stream time management and hidden object games some time? not right now but asking for later. I got a 10-pack of delicious emily's games at walmart and now I can finally think about doing my delicious emily marathon stream or I can just stream a bunch of a good and bad hidden object games. good like artifex mundi. bad like whoever the gently caress made prague legends.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hidden object games rule. especially when they try to use CGI in cutscenes and not just after effects

also i guess i should've figured that they'd sell gamehouse collections at walmart

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Does Batman count? Does a baseball bat count?

What about ninja baseball bat men?

Relax Or DIE posted:

i don't give a hoot what counts just post whatever you want you dinguses

Sorry.

When I was a little kid I thought the Traveller's Tales logo was 1. a bat and 2. a mascot from a video game so I kept trying to look out for a game at the rental store that had the Traveller's Tales bat on it. One day I saw screenshots or a box cover or something of aero the acrobat and I thought that that was the TT "bat" but I didn't learn until years and years later that aero wasn't that bat and also that aero doesn't look like the TT logo character at all, I just had connected the two because I didn't get a good look at aero and I had a fuzzy memory of the logo. It hadn't occurred to me as a kid that a character could exist in a game company's logo and not be the protagonist of a video game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Are there any other time management games which feature events on the level of a helicopter crash and a major character dying, because Heart's Medicine: Time to Heal hosed me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

post whatever you want

Sound on both
https://i.imgur.com/H1FN46M.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/5SM3zbL.mp4