Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Nameless Pete posted:

Sauerkraut is one of the few hot dog toppings people aren't allowed to hassle you about, so don't act like coleslaw requires some wild stretch of the imagination.

Don't whine about hot dogs, you sound like someone from Chicago who just saw a ketchup.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

those look perfectly fine?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tunicate posted:

those look perfectly fine?

It's not Valentine's day unless you wait in line to overspend to prove your devotion

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Ok but I had a Chicago dog from some fancy hot dog cart not too long ago and it was loving amazing. I can see why you wouldn't pollute that spicy, tangy, beefy mix with the sweetness of ketchup.

BBQ sauce is much better on a hot dog anyway. Or almost anything you put ketchup on, really.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

empty sea posted:

Ok but I had a Chicago dog from some fancy hot dog cart not too long ago and it was loving amazing. I can see why you wouldn't pollute that spicy, tangy, beefy mix with the sweetness of ketchup.

BBQ sauce is much better on a hot dog anyway. Or almost anything you put ketchup on, really.

See what I mean?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Mustard is the only thing that should touch long tube meats. The germans figured that out shlong ago.

https://i.imgur.com/8nUvXUc.mp4

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 21:50 on Feb 16, 2020

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Had a bit of a drunk cooking competition using the shittiest starter ingredients with a few friends.

Base:

Ingredients:
  • Baked Beans
  • Large Sausages
  • Potato Chunks
  • Mushrooms
  • Mini Bacon Steaks
  • Mini Beef Cutlet

Initial contents looking very much like Trump's daily facial

Separating out the premium cuts from the so so many beans, and unleashing the full colour spectrum of British food:

The All-Day Breakfast Mini Beef Cutlet is the key ingredient, so I prepared it first. Obviously with a prime cut like this, less is more so just a simple salt and rainbow peppercorn rub to bring out the natural flavour:

Seared to medium rare and served with some of the All-Day Breakfast Potato Chunks, and all three All-Day Breakfast Button Mushrooms. The potato was a bit stodgy, so I threw in a few Cheese'n'Onion Hula Hoops, drizzled with a zesty vinaigrette.

Course 2: All-Day Breakfast Mini Bacon Steaks pan-fried in an organic honey glaze, with an avocado mash topped with a cumin/chilli spice mix. Served with a side of LoveHearts in a lemon juice drizzle.

Vegetarian course - 3-bean treat

Thai green curry All-Day Breakfast beans with a local spice mix.
Jamaican Hot Sauce All-Day Breakfast beans topped with mixed chilli flakes
Passata All-Day Breakfast beans topped with "too-drunk-to-melt" Mozzarella

Served with a palate-cleansing shot of '19-vintage Toilet Duck

All-day Breakfast Large Sausage slices served on split peppers and Mozzarella, with All-day Breakfast Potato Chunks in pesto. Side dish is a hipster-friendly Cillit Bang foam with lime served in a Poundland eggcup.

Clyde Radcliffe has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Feb 17, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Coleslaw with mayonnaise is great, just don't buy it from a 7-Eleven.

I make a mayonnaise coleslaw with added broccoli and shredded cheese. It’s incredible as a sandwich condiment. No dried cranberries, though. Whoever came up with that is a weirdo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Today I made a Great Value macaroni and cheese powder, with a can of condensed cream of celery mixed in after the mac was done and heated up a bit.

No pics, but I'm sure you all can imagine this easily.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3r1w6XoJ-o/?igshid=71yf0zj5d0sh

What the gently caress

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

5lbs of butter... :negative:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/acheatingvegan/status/1229194403358691328?s=20

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I think we all recognize pastries by now.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus loving christ

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Image getting this defensive about a boring food that you reshape and pretend is a completely different food worth a new name.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

This aged my arteries by 5 years just watching it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Lol, hang in there blyat.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
So the butter is basically just shielding the chicken from direct heat while it roasts, which keeps it moist and prevents the skin drying out. The butter melts and cooks the vegetables and rice under it. It's honestly not that bad of a thing, it isn't like there is 5 pounds of butter in the actual chicken.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

If you view this as steps in a recipe with the last picture being the final product, you'll sleep better.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I don't know what this one is, but cautious "would".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well it looks like the spacehog they transport in Galaxy Quest.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

i'm the single carrot shoved into the chicken

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gschmidl posted:

I don't know what this one is, but cautious "would".

somebody hosed up banana bread

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

So the butter is basically just shielding the chicken from direct heat while it roasts, which keeps it moist and prevents the skin drying out. The butter melts and cooks the vegetables and rice under it. It's honestly not that bad of a thing, it isn't like there is 5 pounds of butter in the actual chicken.

Nah, that recipe is poo poo. If you are following directions you probably won't end up with a dry chicken unless you forget it's in the oven. That rice sure as hell isn't cooked, it's just rock hard and greasy. The veggies are probably disgusting from swimming in that butter too.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Nah, that recipe is poo poo. If you are following directions you probably won't end up with a dry chicken unless you forget it's in the oven. That rice sure as hell isn't cooked, it's just rock hard and greasy. The veggies are probably disgusting from swimming in that butter too.

The recipe being bogus is not quite the same as LOL WTF BUTTER WTF SO MUCH BUTTER EW

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

My favourite bit is at the very end of the video, you may have missed it as it's only there for a brief flash:

"Book in 6 languages" - 7 flags, 5 languages.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I count six: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, and Portuguese.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yeah, if there was somehow some liquid involved to cook the rice and like a reasonable amount of butter this could be good.

But you can’t cook rice in only butter, right? Because if you could do that, that’s all I would do.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

5lbs of butter... :negative:

It's a recipe from a French company, I feel like 5 lbs of butter is to be expected.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

An overwrought ceviche? Probably tastes incredible.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hirayuki posted:

I count six: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, and Portuguese.

Yeah, there are eight flags there

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Oh that's weird, apparently I can't count today. No idea why they didn't go the whole hog and add Mexico's flag though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/picdescbot/status/1229480671820894214?s=20

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

If the artificial pickle flavor was done well, would.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cool, refreshing electrolytes after a sweaty game of racquetball.

Would at least attempt.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

BMX Ninja posted:

Had a bit of a drunk cooking competition using the shittiest starter ingredients with a few friends.

Base:

Ingredients:
  • Baked Beans
  • Large Sausages
  • Potato Chunks
  • Mushrooms
  • Mini Bacon Steaks
  • Mini Beef Cutlet

Initial contents looking very much like Trump's daily facial

Separating out the premium cuts from the so so many beans, and unleashing the full colour spectrum of British food:

The All-Day Breakfast Mini Beef Cutlet is the key ingredient, so I prepared it first. Obviously with a prime cut like this, less is more so just a simple salt and rainbow peppercorn rub to bring out the natural flavour:

Seared to medium rare and served with some of the All-Day Breakfast Potato Chunks, and all three All-Day Breakfast Button Mushrooms. The potato was a bit stodgy, so I threw in a few Cheese'n'Onion Hula Hoops, drizzled with a zesty vinaigrette.

Course 2: All-Day Breakfast Mini Bacon Steaks pan-fried in an organic honey glaze, with an avocado mash topped with a cumin/chilli spice mix. Served with a side of LoveHearts in a lemon juice drizzle.

Vegetarian course - 3-bean treat

Thai green curry All-Day Breakfast beans with a local spice mix.
Jamaican Hot Sauce All-Day Breakfast beans topped with mixed chilli flakes
Passata All-Day Breakfast beans topped with "too-drunk-to-melt" Mozzarella

Served with a palate-cleansing shot of '19-vintage Toilet Duck

All-day Breakfast Large Sausage slices served on split peppers and Mozzarella, with All-day Breakfast Potato Chunks in pesto. Side dish is a hipster-friendly Cillit Bang foam with lime served in a Poundland eggcup.

I appreciate this insanity, ya nutter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Excellent post in general, but this image in particular is terrifying :stonk: