Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

Aren't summoners female? Also, does it loving matter? This just opens up more questions about hell's sex life then I care to think about...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Shai-Hulud posted:

Cutting down wild forests because they are just standing around not making money is pretty hosed up though.
You only say that because it's the same reason your dad is always cutting you down

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

White Rock posted:

Aren't summoners female? Also, does it loving matter? This just opens up more questions about hell's sex life then I care to think about...

It's Sony's Twitter. Maybe they got the lore wrong.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

White Rock posted:

Summoner's have a feminine appearance and vocalization, but I don't recall if it was ever specifically stated. I didn't think any of the doom 2016 demons were explicitly any gender, being loving demons and all.

E: Also, this is super common in games but it's always an entire species consisting of one gender or the other and that always bothers me.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Whatev posted:

You only say that because it's the same reason your dad is always cutting you down

Hey my dad was the one going to debtors prison! I, so far, have avoided that!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Shai-Hulud posted:

Eh it kind of depends. They are trying to build a Tesla factory here in germany and, among valid environmental concerns, some people are mad because they are cutting down a shitton of trees to do it. The thing is though: Thats not a natural forest. Those trees have been planted to get harvested a couple of decades later. Theres no undergrowth or biodiversity in that forest, its just rows and rows of trees with not much else.
So yeah,cut those fuckers down. Theres never gonna be a natural forest there.
Cutting down wild forests because they are just standing around not making money is pretty hosed up though.
Ireland is slowly being buried under two particular brands of foreign spruce because they grow quick, make money, and turn the places they grow into barren carpets of needles that our native flora and fauna cannot live on. This is being done by both private farmers and a state body called Coillte that manages 7 percent of the country's land.

Recently the head of Coillte praised Sitka spruce as "the fresian cow of trees"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Garrand posted:

Summoner's have a feminine appearance and vocalization, but I don't recall if it was ever specifically stated. I didn't think any of the doom 2016 demons were explicitly any gender, being loving demons and all.

E: Also, this is super common in games but it's always an entire species consisting of one gender or the other and that always bothers me.

They're demons so they can all be one gender if they want :colbert:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Incorrect including the Mother Demon, which is in Doom 64, coming out this March the same day as Animal Crossing New Horizons.

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Incorrect including the Mother Demon, which is in Doom 64, coming out this March the same day as Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Crossover potential?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

If they can put Ganon in the game as a grumpy pig villager they can put a demon in as a ram, but have him be lazy for funsies.

Inappropriate ads on websites: right after Steve Irwin died a news site had a sidebar ad for life insurance featuring a young child asking a parent “what would happen to me if you died?” Right around the same age Bindi would have been then. This was pre-social media; if the same thing happened today I’m sure the viral outrage would be nuclear for a few hours.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I thought the Spiderdemon from the original Doom games was a lady.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I thought the Spiderdemon from the original Doom games was a lady.

I figured that demons didn't really have a gender since they're you know, supernatural monsters

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Iron Crowned posted:

I figured that demons didn't really have a gender since they're you know, supernatural monsters

Either the game told me the Spiderdemon was a lady or I just associated spiders with ladies due to the character of Blackarachnia in my favorite show Beast Wars (trying to channel myself from 25 years ago).

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
There's a very memorable series of car commercials on my local radio that are so annoying that they've made me cross that dealer straight off my list. The commercials largely consist of a guy emphatically, with different inflections, stating the name of the company and the address of their website. I hate these commercials so much.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Iron Crowned posted:

How the heck would a demon have a gender?
You can't wear lipstick if you are skeleton and you can't wear a flattering maxi-dress if you are a floating cacodemon with only a head.

Is it that male demons throw fireballs overhand and female ones underhand?

Agrinja posted:

There's a very memorable series of car commercials on my local radio that are so annoying that they've made me cross that dealer straight off my list. The commercials largely consist of a guy emphatically, with different inflections, stating the name of the company and the address of their website. I hate these commercials so much.
Well, they do work.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Agrinja posted:

Same here (Philadelphia area).
There's a dealer named Gary Barbera, and his commercials are some guy yelling and emphasizing the "B"s
So you can get a Baby bently chrysler 300 at Gary Barbereas on the Boulevard.

I want to find the announcer and remove his upper lip so he can never make the b sound again.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Agrinja posted:

Reminds me of a car dealer in my hometown who made a new commercial every month themed around the current holiday. They were full of editing "tricks" like making him pop up and down behind cars parked all over the lot. I once met the video producer who helped him with the ads and she said he was always pushing to get louder and flashier. "Is there a way I can, like, grip the camera and get right up in its face so it looks like I'm coming out of the TV?"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Different sexes in a species means they engage in sexual reproduction. Otherwise there's no point.

That demon fucks.

Teavian
Oct 9, 2012

The two demon genders: rip and tear.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
E2M7 is titled The Spawning Vats, so demons might reproduce sexually without ever having sex in the human sense.

Or they might have just used spawn in the sense of where they're created as clones or whatever.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Look I want to lust after a demon but I want to make sure it's not sinful.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

White Rock posted:

This just opens up more questions about hell's sex life then I care to think about...

Just lol if your sex life is determined by sex/gender.

Also the existence of these past couple pages is proof enough that it isn't dumb marketing. Pushing manbany buttons but keeping yourself free of any real outcry is game marketing 101

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Agrinja posted:

HEADON! APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I kind of question commercials like that because sure I remember you but I'm not really willing to give them business.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Any publicity is good publicity, the marketing people who make money from it will tell you.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Shut up Meg posted:

How the heck would a demon have a gender?
You can't wear lipstick if you are skeleton and you can't wear a flattering maxi-dress if you are a floating cacodemon with only a head.

Not with that attitude you can't. :j::hf::hb:

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Shut up Meg posted:

You can't wear lipstick if you are skeleton

divinity: dragon commander showed me many powerful truths

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Sentient Data posted:

Just lol if your sex life is determined by sex/gender.

Also the existence of these past couple pages is proof enough that it isn't dumb marketing. Pushing manbany buttons but keeping yourself free of any real outcry is game marketing 101

yeah i can 100% see this as not so much a headscratching attempt at inclusion, but a bid to tweak the buttons of the most odious of the fanbase. i'd absolutely wager the next move is to have some in-the-pocket fanblog tweet compilations of shitbaby freakouts, to get mainstream eyes on what would other be a warmed-over rehash only really anticipated by the diehard fans.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Okay, I'm still salty about these loving earwax ads I keep getting for no apparent reason (AND I have Adblocker, so why do they show up, and how do I stop making this happen?!)

Get ublock origin.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Zereth posted:

Get ublock origin.
Seriously. Not seeing any ads on that site or anywhere else for that matter.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Flipperwaldt posted:

Seriously. Not seeing any ads on that site or anywhere else for that matter.

Thanks! I think I had ublock on my old PC, but then there was some kerfluffle about them violating your privacy or something? This PC's fairly new (to me), it's a rebuild with a hand-me-down hard drive so I'm still tweaking settings and installs and whatnot.

Was looking into better options anyways because Adblock doesn't seem to be able to block specific SA avatars like my old machine did. I like having av's on, but some are just terrible (Casu Marzu, I'm looking in your direction).

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
uBlock Origin gives you a right-click>block element thing that lets you stop individual images from displaying. It's great when some idiot posts a really tall image in one of the picture threads and then eight other idiots quote it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Thanks! I think I had ublock on my old PC, but then there was some kerfluffle about them violating your privacy or something? This PC's fairly new (to me), it's a rebuild with a hand-me-down hard drive so I'm still tweaking settings and installs and whatnot.

Was looking into better options anyways because Adblock doesn't seem to be able to block specific SA avatars like my old machine did. I like having av's on, but some are just terrible (Casu Marzu, I'm looking in your direction).
I'm pretty sure Adblock also sold out and did so before non-Origin Ublock. Which would explain why it's not blocking some ads.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Thanks! I think I had ublock on my old PC, but then there was some kerfluffle about them violating your privacy or something?
uBlock apparently adopted a policy where advertisers can pay to not get blocked. uBlock Origin is a separate fork maintained by someone else, and everyone should be using it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah ublock origin is still my goto after the adblock started the "How 'bout we allow some ads" ball rolling.

Although Google is getting pretty devious, I noticed on a fresh windows install last week that even ublock has trouble now blocking video and static ads Google throws onto YouTube if you're on something other than Chrome :sigh:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been meaning to set up a pi-hole for years.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I like having av's on, but some are just terrible (Casu Marzu, I'm looking in your direction).

You may be happy to know I came across Casu Marzu in a thread recently and they have changed their avatar :woop:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You may be happy to know I came across Casu Marzu in a thread recently and they have changed their avatar :woop:

Just being reminded what Casu Marzu is makes me :vomit:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

One of my favorite paragraphs on Wikipedia:

quote:

Casu marzu is considered by Sardinian aficionados to be unsafe to eat when the maggots in the cheese have died. Because of this, only cheese in which the maggots are still alive is usually eaten, although allowances are made for cheese that has been refrigerated, which can kill the maggots. When the cheese has fermented enough, it is often cut into thin strips and spread on moistened Sardinian flatbread (pane carasau), to be served with a strong red wine like cannonau.[4][6] Casu marzu is believed to be an aphrodisiac by Sardinians.[7] Because the larvae in the cheese can launch themselves for distances up to 15 centimetres (6 in) when disturbed,[2][8] diners hold their hands above the sandwich to prevent the maggots from leaping. Some who eat the cheese prefer not to ingest the maggots. Those who do not wish to eat them place the cheese in a sealed paper bag. The maggots, starved for oxygen, writhe and jump in the bag, creating a "pitter-patter" sound. When the sounds subside, the maggots are dead and the cheese can be eaten.[9]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
There are foods I don’t like, but I take it as a point of pride that I’ll try it first.

This is among a short list of foods I refuse to try