Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

hidden object games rule. especially when they try to use CGI in cutscenes and not just after effects

also i guess i should've figured that they'd sell gamehouse collections at walmart

The delicious 10 pack's the only gamehouse thing they had unfortunately but hey :tenbux: for the first 10 emily games and that's cool

Prague legends had poo poo cgi and kept trying to jump scare me but failed. it ended with some random guy I knew for half a day telling me "hey it sucks that your family died but I think I love you now" and the most positive thing I can say about prague legends is that it had a beginning point and an ending point.

Also it kept sending me to space.

some glitch where I had to keep reloading my save and once I had to restart the whole game where during a scene transition it'd put me in a black void filled with stars. Kite wants me to say it was sending me to the star fissure but I don't know what that is.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are there any other time management games which feature events on the level of a helicopter crash and a major character dying, because Heart's Medicine: Time to Heal hosed me up

Heart's medicine is the real drama one but there is parker & lane where there's like a loving qte where you have to avoid getting shot by some potential rapist who is then murdered and you spend the next set of levels doing time management diner dash poo poo at the gym crime scene and we can't take our anti anxiety pills because we have to "stay alert" and I haven't even finished that game yet and it's all very "whoa what"

Emily got into some of the drama in the game where her daughter got super sick and was on the verge of death and her husband had to go to some tibetan monastery to work there until they could give him a flower to make a cure so that their toddler wouldn't die and you had a sidequest to find all the candy corn at the monastary and also this was the game where it crossed over with heart's medicine a lot like allison heart being around to check on Emily's daughter's condition.

Fabulous is all about Angela causing horrible things to happen to horrible people and lives are ruined, completely and utterly.

I doubt the officially licensed love boat tv show time management game has much in the way of hardcore drama but I haven't played it yet and also what the gently caress an officially licensed love boat tv show time management game in the delicious emily's expanded universe???

A dog gets shot in dr cares though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
better than any graphics could, this piece single handedly sold me on the idea that i was embarking on the most epic of adventures. it was my first FF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kd8qdly2io

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Snagged DBFighterZ on the Switch while it was on sale. Already own it on PS4+Steam, but it's just delightful in handheld form.

Now I have to decide which system I pickup Fighter Pass 2+3 on :nyoron:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Just had an XCOM 2 mission where the Chosen Hunter showed up, and when I killed one of his lackeys with the fancy shotgun I'd looted off the Chosen Assassin he said "Maybe you'll have better luck with that thing than my sibling." Game Good :xcom:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

better than any graphics could, this piece single handedly sold me on the idea that i was embarking on the most epic of adventures. it was my first FF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kd8qdly2io

kinda wanna try xiii-2 after yt autoplay led me to some of its songs

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 17, 2020

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I played so much Yakuza and Trials this weekend and then tried everybody's gone to the rapture and that was kinda neat waking around a quaint English village but it was not fun and the story wasn't compelling.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I played so much Yakuza and Trials this weekend and then tried everybody's gone to the rapture and that was kinda neat waking around a quaint English village but it was not fun and the story wasn't compelling.

There's a run button if that helps

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are there any other time management games which feature events on the level of a helicopter crash and a major character dying, because Heart's Medicine: Time to Heal hosed me up

you reminded me that the latest Hearts Medicine was a microtransaction filled mobile game and now I'm sad

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does Dead Rising count? Certainly a lot of ways to gently caress up there

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

a.lo posted:

Very happy for my man, Sonic.

Someone who is a movie person tell me if that's good or not. I know it's better than what Detective Pikachu did in its opening weekend but that doesn't tell me anything. I want sequel(s)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lol this owns

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think deadpool's record breaking opening weekend for an r-rated movie was in the neighborhood of 80ish million, so close to 60 million seems like "great, but not incredible" territory?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

edit: looks like i was off by a bit:

if the original prediction was for 55-60 million for a middle of february non-marvel superhero movie no one expected to do well, i'm going to say $57 million is "dead average"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sonic was apparently the highest opening weekend ever for a video game movie so there's that

Deadpool was a surprise smash hit and had a real shot at becoming the highest grossing R-rated movie in history and only missed dethroning The Passion of the Christ by a few million

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

haveblue posted:

Sonic was apparently the highest opening weekend ever for a video game movie so there's that

I bet the Monster Hunter movie will beat it

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My cat is in the vet again today because he is straining :(

I am worried about him. Also my bank account after these vet bills, but mostly him.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

picked out another movie that i figured had a similar release profile too:

so yeah, perfectly average, successful movie box office returns it sounds like. but i have to assume that especially with the delay to fix the hideous toothhog cgi that the budget for sonic was a lot more than shazam

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

According to sources, the redesign only added 5 million to the budget which isn't a lot relatively in an 81-95 million estimated budget

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My eight year old nephew is a huge fan of Sonic and already saw this movie despite never having actually played a Sonic game. As I type this I realize this is probably the best way to remain a Sonic fan.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I havn't seen the new sonic film but I did play sonic mania on Saturday and i had a good time

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Prey letting you break down every single inventory item into crafting materials that you can then 3D print into any other item is loving genius. Once again goes to show that the more agency you can give the player to play the way they want the better.

I've been breaking everything down to make as many neuromods as possible. MUST SHOVE NEEDLES INTO FACE!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

jesus you've been putting them in your face? you're supposed to mix them in some water and drink them dude

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Prey letting you break down every single inventory item into crafting materials that you can then 3D print into any other item is loving genius. Once again goes to show that the more agency you can give the player to play the way they want the better.

I've been breaking everything down to make as many neuromods as possible. MUST SHOVE NEEDLES INTO FACE!

yup, it's a wonderful moment when you realize the power you've been given.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I really like when the 3D printer stops letting you print neuromods because someone put lovely DRM on the template. Ironically enough the game itself still has Denuvo DRM even though other Bethesda games had it removed ages back :(

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
IIRC there's an achievement for recycling yourself with a grenade

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The achievement you can get in the first three minutes is very good

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
loving hell this is a great deal (found link on resetera)

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-12

King of Fighters 14 (base game)
The Surge (base game)
Atari Vault
Sherlock Holmes & The Devil's Daughter
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
SNK 40th ann. collection

£3.49!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

yeah i got that a minute ago just for wonder boy and the snk collection

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

someone talked me into getting the division 2 for $3 already this weekend so my quota for "paying even a small amount of money for a game i never actually intend to play" has been filled for this month already

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

someone talked me into getting the division 2 for $3 already this weekend so my quota for "paying even a small amount of money for a game i never actually intend to play" has been filled for this month already

Yes but some of these games are actually good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

somehow i think i'll survive not having a copy of yar's revenge to call my own

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Cowcaster posted:

jesus you've been putting them in your face? you're supposed to mix them in some water and drink them dude

Jesus christ, where have they been sticking the flavor injection needle?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ariong posted:

Yes, this is why it's very weird for me. Saying "this demon is female" implies a lot of complex things about demon physiology and/or psychology that really goes against the grain of "demons are heartless evil monsters and that's it, kill them all" that DOOM was leaning into before.

EDIT: What I mean is that this means that demons have biological sex, or gender identity, or both. All raise questions.

Agreed, better to keep them vague and unhuman. I can see why they did it but it doesn't feel like it fits to me.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Gripweed posted:

I bet the Monster Hunter movie will beat it

Don't forget its Milla Jovovich and Paul Anderson again

Its gonna be awful and have literally nothing to do with monhun except visual monster designs :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The production still I saw of that movie was like of the US Army in Iraq or something

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

That's just the opener apparently. There's shots of Tony jaa in 'traditional' monhun gear.

I'm more annoyed with the RE tv series that's gonna take what the current movies are known for into episodic format. Who wants that?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

That's just the opener apparently. There's shots of Tony jaa in 'traditional' monhun gear.

I'm more annoyed with the RE tv series that's gonna take what the current movies are known for into episodic format. Who wants that?

He'll look monhun but the story will be a complete contradiction with no respect for the source material

We'll get a rathalos and Jaa wearing hunter gear but otherwise it will be DUMB

Like how Jill was left out of RE1 and made a side character in 2 while made up "Alice" is a vehicle for Paul's wife to shoot zombies. They don't give a poo poo about monhun.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm really annoyed that with detective pikachu last year and sonic this year none of these video game adaptations have become this generation's super mario brothers movie so far

monster hunter world is looking like a solid candidate except for the fact i think it's still pretty low profile in the west. sonic was looking pretty good up until they "fixed" his cgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

michael keaton and billie eilish in: Splatoon