Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Captain Blaargh posted:

I love the IS-2-II
:toot:

Here's the replay if anyone wanted to check it out: http://wotreplays.eu/site/5233770#paris-captain_blaargh-is-2-ii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
really regretting putting the skill4ltu commander in my spaghetto 46. hes really low energy compared to the screaming italian voicelines :smith:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I love the 30.02M, which is why I also have the Pudel and Bretagne Panther. Slight differences aside it's a joy to just roll around in a Tier VI Panther crapping on pubbies in their 85M.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I'm working on a new project:

Let me express my anger and say the Tier 5 german heavy VK 30.01 H can kiss the fattest part of my rear end. That tank was torture and one of the main reasons I wanted to play solo. Nothing good came out of grinding that tank out to get the 30.02 M. But at least I pulled through and got my hands on the Tier 6 medium. It's a fun and silly tank that plays differently than what I am used to. But its kinda what I wanted.

I'm going to grind out the rest of the modules tonight and start saving to get my hands on the Panther II soon.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
the tier 6 was fantastic i regret selling it

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
eu server is broken but i killed a tank while having 850 ms lag :)

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

kemikalkadet posted:

Same. Bought it this week and played 15 games, i'm at 85% winrate and haven't had a single bad game in it. I was able to get decent damage games even when it was totally stock.

https://i.imgur.com/MxcSQY9.mp4
Trying to be useful in an ammo-less SPG. Even progressed my campaign mission.

:krad: :black101:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Katamari Democracy posted:

Let me express my anger and say the Tier 5 german heavy VK 30.01 H can kiss the fattest part of my rear end. That tank was torture and one of the main reasons I wanted to play solo. Nothing good came out of grinding that tank out to get the 30.02 M.
VK30.01H is a great Tier V HT and the only one with anything close to reliable firepower when it's put into the festering horseshit that is +2 MM. Sure it lacks the alpha of same-tier HT guns but 221 APCR pen?! Needle the gently caress out of things with that 0725 Waffe and embrace the salty post-game messages from whatever dipshit in his IS cries foul about aimbots.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are any of the tier 6+ tanks that are getting removed from the game worth buying?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

RandomPauI posted:

Are any of the tier 6+ tanks that are getting removed from the game worth buying?

Personally, I'd get the VK30.01D and Firefly. For whatever reason these things just work for me, with the first being similar to the Cromwell, and the Firefly just having a reasonably punchy gun and reliable (APCR) pen in the shittiest matchups.

Also you should buy the Churchill Gun Carrier for comedy purposes.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Looks like they're adding some interesting stuff, if the Sandbox is any indication.

https://imgur.com/a/UkGyKqX -- UPDATED TECH TREES AS THEY STAND ON THE SANDBOX SERVER

First and foremost: every single artillerypiece below Tier 5 has been thrown into the void.

The Lee at tier 4 is getting replaced with the T6 Medium, which was the prototype version of the Sherman--both Sherman and the T1 Heavy branch off of it now. This should be a MUCH smoother transition into both of those lines, I can't speak well enough of this change.

The T67 is gone! American TDs branch off the Wolverine instead, with the turreted ones going through the Hellcat and the casemate ones through the Jackson, like they do now.

The British cruisers are getting the Cavalier in at tier 5 to bridge from Matilda to Cromwell--this was actually an evolved Crusader, but the Crusader is the T6 light now so they can't do that. I'd guess the Cavalier will transform into the Centaur like how the IS turns into the IS-2 when you research the parts.

Of course, none of the removed tanks tier 1-tier 5 like the Panzer 1C or the T67 are actually going away, is the thing. Just out of the tech tree. So you'll still see that poo poo in games. So this change is in no way a balance change for the low tiers--paring down the visible tech trees is pretty much simply meant to make them more easily parsible and less bloaty for new players, which I heartily approve of.

For the stuff at 6-10, though, we still don't know what they're doing with that. Especially considering that includes things like the Jumbo and the Firefly.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/IPPXgBI.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/A3S8u0C.mp4

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

A couple of replays of interest:

In this one the only notable thing is at the end, around 2:25 on the clock, where I get a midair kill; if anyone thinks it's worth clipping then go for it.

At the end of the match, (start @~7:00 left) as I'm brawling with the final enemy IS-7, our AMX50B comes out of nowhere to ram him to death. :black101:

Finally, we have an excellent battle in the AMX30 and an illustration of how effective it can be; we bullied the hell out of those other MTs and somehow my turret bounced most of their incoming fire. :shrug: Also, it shows just how much fun arty-less battles can be. Most importantly though, at around 9:00 on the clock Armchair gets a brutal goomba stomp, so that's pretty great! :toot:

RandomPauI posted:

The tier 10s, definitely, and having just ground the AMX30, that's worth keeping as well. The Firefly and E2 are good tanks that you likely already have, and the VK3001D is fantastic as well; it's like a fast Panther, it's the best of the current tier 6 German MTs. You could probably take or leave some of the other ones, but you likely already have them ground out as well, so if you have the credits you might as well get them; I'm assuming they're becoming premium-ish meaning you can run other crews in them, which is handy.

Redeye Flight posted:

Looks like they're adding some interesting stuff, if the Sandbox is any indication.

https://imgur.com/a/UkGyKqX -- UPDATED TECH TREES AS THEY STAND ON THE SANDBOX SERVER

First and foremost: every single artillerypiece below Tier 5 has been thrown into the void.

The Lee at tier 4 is getting replaced with the T6 Medium, which was the prototype version of the Sherman--both Sherman and the T1 Heavy branch off of it now. This should be a MUCH smoother transition into both of those lines, I can't speak well enough of this change.

The T67 is gone! American TDs branch off the Wolverine instead, with the turreted ones going through the Hellcat and the casemate ones through the Jackson, like they do now.

The British cruisers are getting the Cavalier in at tier 5 to bridge from Matilda to Cromwell--this was actually an evolved Crusader, but the Crusader is the T6 light now so they can't do that. I'd guess the Cavalier will transform into the Centaur like how the IS turns into the IS-2 when you research the parts.

Of course, none of the removed tanks tier 1-tier 5 like the Panzer 1C or the T67 are actually going away, is the thing. Just out of the tech tree. So you'll still see that poo poo in games. So this change is in no way a balance change for the low tiers--paring down the visible tech trees is pretty much simply meant to make them more easily parsible and less bloaty for new players, which I heartily approve of.

For the stuff at 6-10, though, we still don't know what they're doing with that. Especially considering that includes things like the Jumbo and the Firefly.

Those trees look soooo much better now. And removing low-tier arty [from tech tree progression] is a step in the right direction :bisonyes:; hopefully they're conditioning us for the eventual elimination of all arty from the game! :kheldragar:

Aside from them removing some decent tanks, I think they're doing it the right way: moving most of them off to the side, where players can play them if they wish including grinding out modules, but they're no longer required to grind through them.

Was the "domed turret / bald head" comparison coincidental or intentional? :D

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How the gently caress do we download the test server now? Everything I could find was just like its in the launcher bro lol, and then I can't find it.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

go here and click on the link that says "Participate in the test using Wargaming.net Game Center" where Wargaming.net Game Center is in orange. That will trigger your Game Center to open and prompt you to download 47 gigs of goodness. Once that's done you'll have a new tab in the Game Center that lets you log onto the Test Server.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Do the medal requirements just not matter sometimes? I thought you needed at least 1k blocked damage for Steel Wall.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

batteries! posted:

Do the medal requirements just not matter sometimes? I thought you needed at least 1k blocked damage for Steel Wall.

It's total blocked + received for Steel Wall

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

VK30.01H is a great Tier V HT

There was a post I was making here that I had to redo because I honestly hated the playstyle of the tank. Even performing in red / 2nd lines for some reason I hated the tank. But here is where my stats were before I sold this jerk.

Me personally I hate its playstyle but apparently I didn't do too bad in it. Check that survival rate yo even in the back lines with backup I still got sniped to hell and back.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Been playing a lot of TDs lately which is bad and bad and I don't like playing turretless TDs that lack armor or significant alpha because it's very passive and my crews suck and I don't know how to position for poo poo.

So I took out my 113, which I bought because I am smart.

I like it because it has a big gun and reasonable armor and too much engine, which allows me to push with the poo poo-brained aggression of a rabid honey badger into positions where I shouldn't be. Sometimes useful, sometimes not, often amusing, it is a fun heavy that contrasts well with something like the Maus. But I digress.

I pushed into a little canyon to try and get some side shots below where I knew a Leopard 1 to be spotting, my theory being that either I'd get the side-shots, or I'd bait the Leopard down into a position where I could 1v1 him and maybe get some support from my team and push after the kill.

The Leopard didn't come down, but an STRV-103 did, and I gladly took that fight knowing full well I'd win the damage race. With the 103 halfway dead, the Leopard decided to do something and came curling down and around the hill at max cat speed for side-shots. I didn't even look at him, decided to focus the 103 and finish him. Which I did, and then I turned to see this.

So I loaded HE

Second shot ammo-racked. Fail hitler.

Now a TD came barreling in on me, and I realized after the first shot that between my height and the TD's height, he'd be completely unable to shoot me if I hid behind the Leopard, which I did. The TD responded by ramming the Leopard, which turned it upright on its side, and I pushed it into the gap to form a barrier.

He angled for a side-shot, and I nudged it diagonally to hide the entire length of my tank. By this point he'd gotten so frustrated and tunnel-visioned that he never saw the heavy pushing up behind him.

:yeshaha:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
MouzAkrobat did a video on the state of the current Sandbox server and holy :lol: what in the world did they do?

OP tanks with armor and decent base-pen are even more OP. Tanks with low base-pen are now credit-sinks, and those with low base-pen and lighter armor are completely hosed.
Lightly armored tanks with high mobility and good guns are now much better in the hands of good players, and much worse in the hands of bad players.

HESH is now gone, tanks like the shitbarn now essentially have HE and pay-to-win HE.

poo poo like the Defender, 703-II etc are going to be even worse curb-stompers as top-tier or in even-tier matches, while still getting dunked on when bottom tier, because they need to load premium and do less damage while getting regular-AP penned for more damage than before by higher-tiers.

Light tanks on the one hand don't need to fear HE anymore over standard AP, because all HE now has 0 pen, but every light with low base-pen is hosed (I'm assuming this affects the 13 57 as my favorite tank a whole drat lot, but we'll see).

And the cherry on top of the turd is that free-to-play players are now just completely turbofucked. :thumbsup:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Every pay to win game forces you to get the latest pay to win thing to stay on top of the curve so this isn't surprising. The only thing of note is how much of a design error the Defender was, since it will still be relevant this long after its release.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Duzzy Funlop posted:

And the cherry on top of the turd is that free-to-play players are now just completely turbofucked. :thumbsup:

Welp

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
They really needed to make gold "special" cost the same as regular ammo with all this nonsense. If the trade off is supposedly damage potential or penetration potential, then cost shouldn't be 10x as much as well. The HE changes are just a great comical fuckoff cherry on top.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Crazyeyes24 posted:

They really needed to make gold "special" cost the same as regular ammo with all this nonsense. If the trade off is supposedly damage potential or penetration potential, then cost shouldn't be 10x as much as well. The HE changes are just a great comical fuckoff cherry on top.

I agree, keeping gold ammo at a huge cost doesn't make any sense when they now are changing the ammo types to actually mean different things.

If someone wants to load an entire clip of gold ammo let them reduce their paper DPM by 25% or whatever.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
the point of the ammo changes is so that they can make bottom tier tanks even worse off. wargaming makes money off people having to spend tons of credits off shooting gold ammo to have a chance to pen even the weakspots of enemy tanks. with the ammo changes, they can set the gold ammo pen at just enough to pen same tier tanks, have the regular ammo be worthless against same tiers but good against lower tiers, and now wargaming makes more money because people have to spend tons of credits on gold ammo and also spend even more credits on gold ammo since it'll take more shells to kill an enemy tank.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I guess the swedman TD line will be in a pretty good spot with the changes. Standard pen at like 308mm or whatever the hell with a free damage boost tossed in.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The 103b in particular will be good because it can be played aggressively against anything under 150mm, and it's the best sniper in the game when you're feeling lazy.

The e3 and e4 should be super popular as well.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Anyone with a 122 mm and half a brain doesn't have to worry about the STRV 103B's armour

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The fence counts as armor for overmatched purposes so it's effectively 50mm, which means you need 150mm or more unless you hit it at the very edge of the tank or you hit the bar under the fence. Both are really hard to do from distance with 122s.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

Anyone with a 122 mm and half a brain doesn't have to worry about the STRV 103B's armour

Dunking on them with HE is kind of hilarious, you are almost guaranteed to either break or kill SOMETHING on them.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I thought they were making special ammo the same cost as regular! That was the whole POINT, to make them choices you pick per situation rather than one being inherently better than the other!

God damnit, I've been saying I was in favor of this whole rework, too. I have a lot of retractions to make if all that poo poo is accurate. That sounds awful.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I wonder if these changes will filter through to console. I hope not if they aren't re-worked!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Flayer posted:

I wonder if these changes will filter through to console. I hope not if they aren't re-worked!

I kind of doubt it. That is run by a different studio entirely. If pc wot inherently filtered to console wot, the waffle would not be in the game long ago.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
messing around on EU with my rental pewdiepie tanks.. you only get 10 battles in them that sucks wish it was days but no way i was going to let this light tank run away from my hungry gun then i started laughing when i seen he had 2 gun marks and i lit that bitch on fire :tif: this will be a arty account

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCc1u5lNzYc as i post it's still processing

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
New mission marathon in a few days apparently. French medium that plays like a light with a 2 shell autoloader. 190 pen on standard rounds so sounds like bat 12t gun handling I would imagine.

245k base xp to get tank for free over 10 days, probably a good crew trainer for bat 25t but gently caress doing that grind.

EU link: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/bourrasque-challenge/

NA link: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/bourrasque-challenge-0220/

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
The last mission marathon I did was SU130PM and I suck at it, hardly touch it other than for frontlines damage farming.. The only TD I'm good with is the T95.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The problem they've set up with the holiday boxes is that nothing they put out the rest of the year has anything close to the value you get for buying gold in December. There's no point in looking at deals like that when you get double and triple the gold per dollar or euro during holiday box time.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hmm little french fuckman tank, where do I sign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The sandbox test is over.

:itwaspoo:

They're implementing the new tech trees and improved HP at low tiers, but not the ammo changes. The new HE mechanics were "incomprehensible".