Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'll always associate Dick Dorkins with what he said in an interview with the Times:

quote:

Referring to his early days at a boarding school in Salisbury, he recalled how one of the (unnamed) masters “pulled me on his knee and put his hand inside my shorts.”

He said other children in his school peer group had been molested by the same teacher but concluded: “I don’t think he did any of us lasting harm.”

“I am very conscious that you can’t condemn people of an earlier era by the standards of ours. Just as we don’t look back at the 18th and 19th centuries and condemn people for racism in the same way as we would condemn a modern person for racism, I look back a few decades to my childhood and see things like caning, like mild pedophilia, and can’t find it in me to condemn it by the same standards as I or anyone would today,” he said.

He said the most notorious cases of pedophilia involve rape and even murder and should not be bracketed with what he called “just mild touching up.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
drat, that is quite the take.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"Boarding school students can have little a molestation. As a treat!"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Mild pedophilia, which was the style at the time!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I thought we all learned in the last UK election that it’s somehow antisemitic to be against pedophilia.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Then there was that time where he got his rear end in a top hat fans to dogpile Rebecca Watson for daring to write about how getting hit on in an elevator is not the most pleasant experience.

I've never read any of his books but I've been told by fellow biologists that he's actually a lovely writer. Then again we're probably not the target audience for his material.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/jaynooch/status/1229455266795720705?s=21

https://twitter.com/ultra15151/status/1229271901974953986?s=21

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Somehow the second tweet is still less creepy than all the "I would wash her" tweets.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Posts like that are great honeypots because the responses are either misogynistic (kick her to the curb!) or thirsty as hell (I'd gently strip off her clothes, put her in the tub, wash her whole body with a sponge...)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Just let her sleep and do something else.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would take a picture and post it on her instagram.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jump in to the room wearing a boater hat and carrying a cane singing, "Hello! Hello! It's a visit a from Aunt Flo!"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I would honestly prefer my husband pretended he never saw it so I could deal with myself like the adult that I am rather than all that creepy infantilizing poo poo.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I didn’t notice the blood at first so my first thought was “who just wakes someone up from a nap unless there’s a serious emergency?”

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Picnic Princess posted:

I would honestly prefer my husband pretended he never saw it so I could deal with myself like the adult that I am rather than all that creepy infantilizing poo poo.

At most in that situation, I'd make sure we had everything she needed in stock. Make sure we weren't low on tampons, ensure that there is in-date ibuprofen on hand for the swelling and pain, just generally make sure that she has everything she needs to hand to deal with it. After all, there's always that one thing that you think you have, but then you need it and it's like "poo poo, we're out of X, didn't realise that as we haven't needed to get it out for a while..."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Brawnfire posted:

Just let her sleep and do something else.

At most you should wake her up so she can take a shower while you start some laundry.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

"lol you're bleeding on the bed lmao"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Honestly in my case it would be just as likely to be my own mess in the bed (prone to nosebleeds :v:)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Literally do nothing it's not like she's gonna bleed to death.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
ARISE, FEMALE! YOU HAVE BEEN TAINTED BY THE MOONSICKNESS!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Genuinely amused by the people who took the hospice bit to its logical conclusion

https://twitter.com/leftistthot420/status/1229455628348854272?s=21

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
That's actually a pretty comfy position for period pain, so if you wake her up you better have some food. French fries, some ice cream, freshly slaughtered goat's head, the usual.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I would banish her to the red tent, as is custom.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1229485417608568832?s=19

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

People in the thread posted how to report him, so do your part for society.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

chitoryu12 posted:

People in the thread posted how to report him, so do your part for society.

He's deleted his account already. Some main guys are cowards.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/widows_weeds/status/1229486626906234881?s=21

Not sure if this was a shop or not.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Less than ten hours.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Looks like a bad shop tbh

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

If Linehan was banned permanently from Twitter, he might actually wither away to nothing. So that should definitely happen.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jollity Farm posted:

If Linehan was banned permanently from Twitter, he might actually wither away to nothing. So that should definitely happen.

Alternatively he may start getting more work again. Given this is the hell timeline this is probably what will happen.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/johnvmoore/status/1229504544704520192?s=21

Posting all the sickest burns against you to own the libs.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol there is no reason to use photoshop to fake a tweet and introduce pixel ineptitude, just edit the DOM

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Inceltown posted:

He's deleted his account already. Some main guys are cowards.

They mean to people who could get him disbarred

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

MizPiz posted:

They mean to people who could get him disbarred

Well in that case :getin:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Rapists out there be smelling out their prey before making their attack.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the bernard brothers are everywhere and we want your job, your house, and your butt all nationalized

all will fall to our posting

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/jacobisanadult/status/1229473341842640897

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Epstein was killed so he wouldn't helldump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Apologies, I didn't know where else to ask this: I was looking through the smilies list and there's one called : magemage : and says "In memoriam" when you mouse over and the smiley has a gun in its mouth.
Did... that happen?