Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I sigh as I click on "Catherine Full Body is a Game For Incels"

The guy who made the video is one of my favorite youtube guys, he has a great video about how BPD is represented in media (he has BPD himself, and I probably do, but because America is insane I'll probably never be able to go to a doctor to find out and/or get treatment)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh Jeez, what a way to start a new page lol

Sorry

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
But are the resident evil movies art

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

But are the resident evil movies art

They are.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

like i could've played FF14 trial for 100 hours but instead i used that 100 hours to play through shadow hearts, the last story, radiata stories, mmx: command mission, and x-men legends and had a lot of good times (except for command mission's ridiculous encounter rate, and x-men's ridiculous loading screens. gently caress)

and then sometimes i'll forego even playing a 25 hour JRPG to play five five-hour games instead

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Everything is art

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Some art is more art than other art

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that's kentucky route zero finished, played across six years on three different computers

i doubt it was intentional, but the length of the development cycle complements the game itself very well

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Most embarrassing Prey death yet: Killed by cardboard boxes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Some art is more art than other art

:hai:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm in the top 1% of 1% of art

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

What’s more is that the art I like is the best.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

More like fart.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

thank you

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

precision posted:

Observation is supposed to be good, right?

I liked it quite a bit. It has a couple of frustrating sections but it was a cool, different experience.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Students often ask, "How do I art?"

And I always tell them, "Push yourself hard and open your rear end."

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

what’s more Is the fart I make is better than other farts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was remembering I have Observer on Epic Game Store (it was free at one point). I should really play that game.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

ps2 games with a 69 metacritic

Kya: Dark Lineage
Clock Tower 3
Oni
The Matrix: Path of Neo
Haven: Call of the King
Mega Man X: Command Mission
Wild Arms 4
Shining Force Neo
Thrillville
.hack//GU
Mana Khemia
Herdy Gerdy
Dynasty Warriors 5
I loved the poo poo out of Command Mission

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I loved the poo poo out of Command Mission

It's bad, folks.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

hi thanks for explaining why i haven't made it past the first 30 minutes of pillars of eternity or planescape torment

For planescape torment just cheat up your stats from the getgo so you can do all of the interesting conversation stuff without having to worry about the combat since the combat isn't the good part of planescape torment.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

I was remembering I have Observer on Epic Game Store (it was free at one point). I should really play that game.

Observer or Observation? Observer is a really cool little cyberpunk noir game

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

For planescape torment just cheat up your stats from the getgo so you can do all of the interesting conversation stuff without having to worry about the combat since the combat isn't the good part of planescape torment.

Yeah the combat in Planescape is almost universally bad and yet it is stil an amazing game that I'd recommend to anyone.

Real time with pause is a perversion of God's perfect law of turn based combat.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

It's bad, folks.
the main bad thing is the encounter rate which even on the PS2 is ridiculously high (apparently it's worse on the GC version which seems impossible but apparently tied to the frame rate being doubled lol)

also the story because it's a mega man x game which is like Archive of Our Own stories but without any sex having

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah the combat in Planescape is almost universally bad and yet it is stil an amazing game that I'd recommend to anyone.

Real time with pause is a perversion of God's perfect law of turn based combat.
i think only RTWP game i've really liked was FF12 and it's been over a decade since i've played it

if i could patch it out of POE1, Tyranny or Dragon Age i would (i guess i could just cheat engine to make everyone level 99999 or whatever)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't think you need to cheat anything in Torment, there's hardly any combat in it at all anyway

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

the main bad thing is the encounter rate which even on the PS2 is ridiculously high (apparently it's worse on the GC version which seems impossible but apparently tied to the frame rate being doubled lol)

also the story because it's a mega man x game which is like Archive of Our Own stories but without any sex having

Even compared to the extremely dire story of Mega Man X4 through 8, the story of command mission is mind numbingly bad and poorly told. The encounter rate isn't the only really lovely thing about the gameplay, either, the level design is pretty dire. And while the combat is good enough (it's an FFX ripoff), it's not amazing and they don't handle the game's difficulty curve well at all.

Plus the X redesign looks stupid and bad.

The 7th Guest posted:

if i could patch it out of POE1, Tyranny or Dragon Age i would (i guess i could just cheat engine to make everyone level 99999 or whatever)

While Dragon Age's KOTOR style combat is definitely not good, I consider that style mildly better than the planescape version, which really is just a turn based combat that had the turns taken out and feels like a big clusterfuck as a result.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Even compared to the extremely dire story of Mega Man X4 through 8, the story of command mission is mind numbingly bad and poorly told. The encounter rate isn't the only really lovely thing about the gameplay, either, the level design is pretty dire. And while the combat is good enough (it's an FFX ripoff), it's not amazing and they don't handle the game's difficulty curve well at all.

Plus the X redesign looks stupid and bad.
i'm sure there was at least one 5 year old playing the game that didn't realize that redips was spider backwards

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm sure there was at least one 5 year old playing the game that didn't realize that redips was spider backwards

I watched some let's players realize it live and basically fight the urge to turn off the game in disgust.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

of the ps2 jrpgs i have left to play, these are the sick nasty metacritic scores

Front Mission 4 - 75
Grandia III - 77
Mana Khemia - 69
Romancing Saga - 58 (drat critics hate saga games lol)
Shadow Hearts Covenant - 85
Shadow Hearts From the New World - 76
Shining Force EXA - 64
Suikoden IV - 63
Wild Arms 4 - 69
Xenosaga II - 73
Xenosaga III - 81
Valkyrie Profile 2 - 84

such scores mean nothing to me however (shining force neo had a 69 and it rules)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

there's hardly any combat in it at all anyway

Yeah but the hardly any that is there tends to be compacted into various places so if you're just trying to play for the story and writing and character interaction and character development, it's gonna get annoying to walk into a room and die to some bat monsters or have to get through a screen of annoying guards just to reach the end, and that's gonna tax on a person's patience especially if they're already getting annoyed with the game's combat.

For anyone who has the steam special edition of Planescape Torment, does it naturally include a way to solve the Nordom/Vhailor issue or do people still need a mod to handle that scenario?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Fair enough, I just don't remember ever being annoyed by the combat because your party members are so OP :shobon:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My thoughts on the Sonic movie

1. Holy poo poo Kiryu-chan what ok it was just in the Sega logo card lol but now I have ideas

2. It's a kids movie but honestly two of the major story beats in the first ten minutes being Sonic's mother figure getting murked by echidnas while he's a child, then years later him ruminating on his crippling loneliness hosed me up

3. Nostalgia-tugging music cues Sonic Mania theme at the beginning, then Green Hill Zone piano remix at the end worked on me.

4. Wow that Marvel-style stinger, I think I am on board with a franchise tbh

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Job Question:

In two days I begin my 8-week internship for vendor management for a mortgage firm. I am expecting a 20 hour work week and this is my first real job. How work-intensive is a position like this? Am I expected to work non-stop?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think the games chat thread is the best place to ask about internships.

Answer: It depends on the job

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 18, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

One of my teeth has hit a nerve and I am in agony.
Took all my strength not to just loving snap at everyone today.

Pppppprrrreeeeeeettttty sure this loving thing has to come out.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

4. Wow that Marvel-style stinger, I think I am on board with a franchise tbh

Grouchio posted:

a 20 hour work week

must be nice.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Job Question:

In two days I begin my 8-week internship for vendor management for a mortgage firm. I am expecting a 20 hour work week and this is my first real job. How work-intensive is a position like this? Am I expected to work non-stop?

Oh I only know about final fantasy tactics jobs, here in the Games Chat thread

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Grouchio posted:

Job Question:

How fast is the train going?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't know if this helps but I found this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mortgage means "dead hand"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071