Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Bruceski posted:

Not the point of the post, but F4 headquarters is ON Yancy street? I assumed the Baxter Building was downtown and Yancy was off in the poor people/immigrant part of New York (not gonna guess at what that is because I've never been anywhere near that coast and it's all just random neighborhood names to me).

I havent kept up with the last couple issues but slotts ff opened with someone buying the baxter building after spideys company went belly up and so reed bought ben grimms old apartment building on yancy and took part of that over as ff hq

vvvv or maybe ben bought it

site fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

Not the point of the post, but F4 headquarters is ON Yancy street? I assumed the Baxter Building was downtown and Yancy was off in the poor people/immigrant part of New York (not gonna guess at what that is because I've never been anywhere near that coast and it's all just random neighborhood names to me).

Somebody* else bought the Baxter Building while the FF (well, the Richards family) were out on their post-Secret Wars interdimensional adventure. Ben bought a place on Yancy Street in the meantime and then Reed used technology to make it bigger on the inside so the whole team could live there.

*that somebody was initially Peter Parker but after he went broke again post-Secret Empire, someone else bought it and I forget what their deal is.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bruceski posted:

I though F4 HQ was a long way from Yancy Street? :confused:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yancy street is a state of mind

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

TwoPair posted:

Immortal Hulk - Great Power: Spider-Man has the Hulk inside him. Banner is missing his clothes, naturally, so the Fantastic Four loan him a shirt and go to confront the source of this problem, which they determine to be Loki.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Sue can easily fix that in a number of ways. She just didn't care.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I love that he thought to bring purple pants for Bruce.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

When was it revealed that Bruce buys the purple pants because they're the only ones with enough stretch for some reason? I'm thinking either 1983 or 1989.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I'm disappointed Johnny didn't bring a paper bag for Pete.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

What happened to the Future Foundation?
As I recall, Slott had them decide to continue exploring the multi-verse in a spin-off series. The spin-off series was quickly canceled.

Bruceski posted:

Slott moved them into a new building at 4 Yancy Street with TARDIS tech. It's not the Baxter Building.

E: APPARENTLY THERE IS A NEW PAGE AND THIS WAS ALL EXPLAINED

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

TwoPair posted:

Immortal Hulk - Great Power: Spider-Man has the Hulk inside him. Banner is missing his clothes, naturally, so the Fantastic Four loan him a shirt and go to confront the source of this problem, which they determine to be Loki.

......huh. This seems like something I should be reading. Thanks!

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

E: APPARENTLY THERE IS A NEW PAGE AND THIS WAS ALL EXPLAINED

... Kinda looks like you can't count!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

10 Beers posted:

......huh. This seems like something I should be reading. Thanks!

It was a one-shot. A remarkably fun one!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It was a one-shot. A remarkably fun one!

Sounds more like a Fun-shot.
:dadjoke:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
rear end in a top hat Hero is the best Loki. I loved Agent of Asgard.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

I though F4 HQ was a long way from Yancy Street? :confused:

Yancy Street, not a real street to my knowledge, is on the Lower East Side and around 20 minutes away by car from the Baxter Building, with an irl location listed, if you use real world google maps approximations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
love how ewings been putting this poo poo in for years

mighty avengers 6

e: not funny, but i think its cool ewing returned to this panel from the same issue a couple years later for a story in ultimates

site fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 18, 2020

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can I get that shirt?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
The black turtleneck?

Do they not have department stores where you live?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

biracial bear for uncut posted:

The black turtleneck?

Do they not have department stores where you live?

He lives in an isolated undersea base, so no.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Random Stranger posted:

He lives in an isolated undersea base, so no.

Any isolated undersea base worth a drat should have black turtlenecks available on demand.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Profesor X is the worst at naming things.

(X-Force #3)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vincent posted:

Profesor X is the worst at naming things.

(X-Force #3)

I honestly feel a little dumb for not realizing X-Force was a comedy book until this issue.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s definitely not a comedy book, but they do a pretty good job of keeping it from being too serious.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s definitely not a comedy book, but they do a pretty good job of keeping it from being too serious.

Half a wolverine smiling gleefully as he stabbed a bigot to death before jumping (I'm guessing with his arms) and being turned into swiss cheese, only for him to be later reversed Ultimate Hulk'd by Forge sound incredibly funny now that I'm typing this.
The Domino stuff isn't comedy, but pretty much everything else is.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vincent posted:

Half a wolverine smiling gleefully as he stabbed a bigot to death before jumping (I'm guessing with his arms) and being turned into swiss cheese, only for him to be later reversed Ultimate Hulk'd by Forge sound incredibly funny now that I'm typing this.
The Domino stuff isn't comedy, but pretty much everything else is.

Domino being the straight-woman of the group is an unexpected but not entirely unwelcome return to form to how she was for basically the entirety of the 90s when her role on the team was to be the more straight-laced veteran having to wrangle a bunch of teenagers, but even then you have an evil cloned color-inverted Reverse Domino which is just goofy and comic booky enough that I think Percy has a bit of his tongue in his cheek there.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jerry Cotton posted:

When was it revealed that Bruce buys the purple pants because they're the only ones with enough stretch for some reason? I'm thinking either 1983 or 1989.
There's a moment in Immortal Hulk where he claims he bought in bulk because purple suits are only going to become more stylish.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Any isolated undersea base worth a drat should have black turtlenecks available on demand.

Tactilenecks.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

From this week's New Mutants #7, the issue up to this point Bobby giving exposition to the reader about, as you might guess, stuff we hadn't seen happen yet.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
mmm thats some good 4th wall breaking right there

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Also from New Mutants #7

:heysexy:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

How Wonderful! posted:

From this week's New Mutants #7, the issue up to this point Bobby giving exposition to the reader about, as you might guess, stuff we hadn't seen happen yet.

Boy, between New Mutants 7, Jimmy Olsen 8, and DCeased Unkillables 1 it was a pretty good week for the funny books.

(I could have posted most of the issue, really).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Who is that masked woman who has clearly had enough of Jimmy's poo poo?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Toshimo posted:

Who is that masked woman who has clearly had enough of Jimmy's poo poo?

Interdimensional jewel thief Jix, who Jimmy married during a drunken visit to Gorilla City in the Superman Leviathan Rising special. I'm not sure if she's an established character elsewhere.

That book also gave us Jimmy's amazing introduction to Dex-Starr which I'm 100% certain was posted in this thread before but is always worth revisiting.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Boy, between New Mutants 7, Jimmy Olsen 8, and DCeased Unkillables 1 it was a pretty good week for the funny books.

Gotta love a good Action Comics #1 pastiche

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Wait - is that supposed to be...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

poor metamorpho

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

TwoPair posted:

The F4 have a habit of handing out spare costumes to heroes who have somehow managed to lose and/or destroy theirs, don't they?

Elfface posted:

rear end in a top hat Hero is the best Loki. I loved Agent of Asgard.

Agent of Asgard made me kind of grumpy, because every other issue opened with "between THIS ISSUE and THE LAST ONE, a WHOLE LOT OF BULLSHIT happened in a DIFFERENT SERIES that you HAVEN'T READ that CHANGED EVERYTHING", so it really doesn't stand on its own.

It had some great individual moments and I loved its characterization of Loki, though. I definitely want more rear end in a top hat Hero Genderfuck Loki.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Ghostlight posted:

poor metamorpho

"Dear diary, today I had to become underpants for a humongous Jimmy Olsen..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"...again"