Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grouchio posted:

Job Question:

In two days I begin my 8-week internship for vendor management for a mortgage firm. I am expecting a 20 hour work week and this is my first real job. How work-intensive is a position like this? Am I expected to work non-stop?

If it's an unpaid internship, do the bare minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hell if you can get away with it, do some sabotage

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

generally speaking, the less you're paid the harder you're expected to work

hosed up but true

Sssh don't ruin the surprise

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
When they ask "working hard, or hardly working" they're actually asking for your salary

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

precision posted:

If it's an unpaid internship, do the bare minimum
It's 17$ an hour. 6-8 weeks. Foot in the door.
I'm only perplexed because my brain's calculations regarding breaks/idleness and my narcolepsy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

When they ask "working hard, or hardly working" they're actually asking for your salary

Fun fact, if anyone asks you this, you're legally allowed to punch them in the nuts

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i keep all my nut punches extralegal

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Henlo, this evening I am going to get very very very drunk to numb the pain of this wisdom tooth I am most likely going to have to get extracted tomorrow (Cause exposed nerves are apparently insanely painful)

Post a video game and I will tell you what I really think of it through the filter of some very expensive whiskey

I will also likely post a bunch of random poo poo cause sure why not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HMsyNpw400&t=264s

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The good Yu-gi-oh game just got announced for Pc, PS4, and Xbox. Switch to get an update to give it feature parity.

If you like single player card games Im not sure there is better.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Barudak posted:

The good Yu-gi-oh game just got announced for Pc, PS4, and Xbox. Switch to get an update to give it feature parity.

i was all over the gameboy pkmn tcg game as a teen. i learned only last year that there was a japan only sequel (gave me something to play on the vita).

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
One of my videos has hit a sudden ridiculous surge in popularity and has gone from 10k views to 35k in a matter of a few days and I always have to tell myself YouTube runs on luck, string and dandruff because there are content creators and videos with hours of care and effort put into them that barely scratch a few thousand and a half arsed montage suddenly becomes crazy popular

I have a bunch of new subs now but they're gonna be disappointed because I don't have any schedule and I have no real desire to make another video for the game I played :smith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The pokemon TCG game was really good and Im still sad the sequel was japan only and that they never made more. Easily my favorite pokemon game outside of Gold and Silver

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Barudak posted:

The pokemon TCG game was really good and Im still sad the sequel was japan only and that they never made more. Easily my favorite pokemon game outside of Gold and Silver

just fyi, there's a fan translation. the game doesn't feature any of the gold and silver pokemon, though. probably why it wasn't localized.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Is it that one where it's yugioh but the war of the roses?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am making a thread later based on the wonderful help people gave me in regards to the FF soundtracks. The whole thing stirred something in me and I hope people enjoy it when I am no longer at work and can add to the forums :)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I preferred the Pokemon TCG PC game personally.

https://youtu.be/SyaE0Zfs6x0

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

stev posted:

I preferred the Pokemon TCG PC game personally.

https://youtu.be/SyaE0Zfs6x0

wow i totally forgot that existed. memory's a weird thing.

yeah i also played that a tonne.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I am making a thread later based on the wonderful help people gave me in regards to the FF soundtracks. The whole thing stirred something in me and I hope people enjoy it when I am no longer at work and can add to the forums :)

Who the hell is this

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Who the hell is this

People have been buying me avatars lately!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Hahaha, I make a point that if some lovely goon goes out the way to buy me an avatar then no matter what it is I will wear it for at least 3 weeks. It just feels fair for them to get their money's worth.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

VideoGames posted:

That's just what THE IMPOSTOR would like us to think!!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Haha, it is a little odd not posting with a Kirby, but this av does make me laugh and me laughing plus getting a lovely valentine's day av means that I will post my posts alongside it :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

You cannot tell but I am giggling a ton at this :D It is a little big for an avatar though!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Job Question:

In two days I begin my 8-week internship for vendor management for a mortgage firm. I am expecting a 20 hour work week and this is my first real job. How work-intensive is a position like this? Am I expected to work non-stop?

what is a "real" job

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

You need like seven Fire Emblem movies before you can do a Smash Brothers movie

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

Hahaha, I make a point that if some lovely goon goes out the way to buy me an avatar then no matter what it is I will wear it for at least 3 weeks. It just feels fair for them to get their money's worth.

3 weeks you say

interesting.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Is it that one where it's yugioh but the war of the roses?

Nah, its the newest one. 10,000 cards from launch of game until July 2019, and every single story mode match has two custom decks made for it for each side of the fight in addition to letting you use your own custom decks to tackle it

The only complaint I have about it is that while it seemingly weights your draws towards cards you are missing in sets it doesnt just prevent you from getting dupes beyond the three needed to max out your collection so youll be spending tons of points grinding out each sets last cards.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Nah, its the newest one. 10,000 cards from launch of game until July 2019, and every single story mode match has two custom decks made for it for each side of the fight in addition to letting you use your own custom decks to tackle it

The only complaint I have about it is that while it seemingly weights your draws towards cards you are missing in sets it doesnt just prevent you from getting dupes beyond the three needed to max out your collection so youll be spending tons of points grinding out each sets last cards.

Is it safe to assume it just ignores stuff like attacking the moon, attacking the levitation ring, and Kaiba winning a duel through threatening suicide? :v:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Is it safe to assume it just ignores stuff like attacking the moon, attacking the levitation ring, and Kaiba winning a duel through threatening suicide? :v:

It gives those duels appropriate decks for those encounters, as best as it can, but they still follow the rules of the game as it is actually played rather than the first arc where the rules are made up and don't matter. It does a really good job of translating the anime decks and like I said every match is a custom deck so the devs made probably close to 300 or so unique decks for the game, maybe more, so each match has a chance to actually capture how the match felt in the show.

Coincidentally, when you play the reverse duels and have to play against the heroes this will make you hate Yugi Moto for running a dozen variations of an infuriating stall deck and Joey Wheeler for having a bottomless bag of bullshit.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Grouchio posted:

It's 17$ an hour. 6-8 weeks. Foot in the door.
I'm only perplexed because my brain's calculations regarding breaks/idleness and my narcolepsy.

where i live that's enough money that i would feel compelled to give a gently caress but it's probably borderline dog poo poo everywhere else

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What if 10 avatars are bought for you simultaneously. Will you be booked up for 30 weeks?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

3 weeks you say

interesting.

Correct! :)

stev posted:

What if 10 avatars are bought for you simultaneously. Will you be booked up for 30 weeks?

Oh I just leave whatever has been bought for 3 weeks from when I noticed I have a new avatar. If someone overrides the current one then I would not know.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

It gives those duels appropriate decks for those encounters, as best as it can, but they still follow the rules of the game as it is actually played rather than the first arc where the rules are made up and don't matter. It does a really good job of translating the anime decks and like I said every match is a custom deck so the devs made probably close to 300 or so unique decks for the game, maybe more, so each match has a chance to actually capture how the match felt in the show.

Coincidentally, when you play the reverse duels and have to play against the heroes this will make you hate Yugi Moto for running a dozen variations of an infuriating stall deck and Joey Wheeler for having a bottomless bag of bullshit.

So what's the game even called?

Well poo poo.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Looper posted:

what is a "real" job
Something that isn't just a college workstudy position or volunteering.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Looper posted:

what is a "real" job

Anything that lets you support yourself (and your loved ones if required) and live a happy life without it making you miserable

It took me a long time to realise that a career will do nothing but make you miserable if all you want is a paycheck and a sandwich without your job trampling over your life

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish I can rollback time and just not go to college. Its a waste of time unless you know with 100% certainty the profession you want to go into, and that profession requires certification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've never used my degree and I've forgotten everything I learned. I'd never give up the years I spent at uni though, they were fantastic.

If I lived somewhere that forces you into crippling debt for pursuing higher education I probably wouldn't be saying that though.