Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Framboise posted:

It's a fantastic remake of the best generation. Still a favorite to this day.

It's a remake of a generation with hysterically bad level-curve and 'mon availability problems, that does not address these crippling problems in the slightest. In fact, I think they actually rolled back some of the changes from Crystal to GS standards again. Yes, the aesthetics are incredible, but it's dire in terms of actual playability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Bleck posted:

I personally won't be happy until I can put hats on my Sableye

*the monkey's paw curls as Gamefreak gets a call from Valve regarding a fascinating monetization opportunity...*

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Stole my partner's Zacian and threw it into Home to complete the National Dex. No notification, no mystery gift, no Magearna. Ah well, was worth a shot.

Edit: Just checked home again and someone traded me a Zacian for a Cosmog I've had up on GTS since release. Nice. Still no notification though.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 18, 2020

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Pokémon Twilight Wings episode 2 just dropped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOSoQxSHKKE

Please be nice to my son, Machoke.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

For all the poo poo the Home app shows about a Pokémon when you’re managing boxes, not showing the national dex # is loving annoying. Trying to sort this living Dex is not fun.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

TheHan posted:

Am I stupid for not understanding how they got out? Did eating the chocolate give her a sixth sense that there was a weak spot in the boulders?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

For all the poo poo the Home app shows about a Pokémon when you’re managing boxes, not showing the national dex # is loving annoying. Trying to sort this living Dex is not fun.

I've not started organizing yet, but I'm not going to put them in boxes by dex number. One, because I don't want to move everything when I get, say, one hidden ability kitten and one shiny kitten and want to keep both. And, two, because Home has a means of showing all your Pokemon in dex order without boxes.

Not sure how I will sort them. One trade box, and then....?

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Am I stupid for not understanding how they got out? Did eating the chocolate give her a sixth sense that there was a weak spot in the boulders?

Sunlight reflected off the wrapper, alerting her to a hole nearby close to the surface.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Thanks. Watching it back, I'm surprised I missed that. I think I thought we were supposed to be looking at the writing lol

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

TheHan posted:

I'm the Wooloo that's done with Hop's poo poo

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

fwiw i've had an very smooth time getting trades by putting sw/sh version exclusive mons on the GTS - sawk/throh, passimian/oranguru, etc.

people have been willing to trade me poo poo for those i would never have guessed they'd part with (no legos or mythics, but basically any other breed of pokemon) and maybe i've just got good luck, but it seems like people are actively giving out mons with desirable natures and perfect IVs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Freaking Crumbum posted:

fwiw i've had an very smooth time getting trades by putting sw/sh version exclusive mons on the GTS - sawk/throh, passimian/oranguru, etc.

people have been willing to trade me poo poo for those i would never have guessed they'd part with (no legos or mythics, but basically any other breed of pokemon) and maybe i've just got good luck, but it seems like people are actively giving out mons with desirable natures and perfect IVs

it's hit or miss, my Oranguru flew off the shelves but Goomy sits there a lot longer. Got a Litten in a wonder trade and bred up a couple boxes so shifting to that, time to find out if it's actually as prized as the tracker says

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bobulus posted:

I've not started organizing yet, but I'm not going to put them in boxes by dex number. One, because I don't want to move everything when I get, say, one hidden ability kitten and one shiny kitten and want to keep both. And, two, because Home has a means of showing all your Pokemon in dex order without boxes.

Not sure how I will sort them. One trade box, and then....?

Sunlight reflected off the wrapper, alerting her to a hole nearby close to the surface.

I’m only sorting the living Dex per number but for everything else I’m just using labels and random boxes.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm really bummed about the local-only friend code Home trades. Since mythicals can't be GTS'd, wonder-traded, or room-code traded, friend-code trades was the only way I had to get some of them, short of buying Omega-Ruby or something.

I hope they remove that restriction later.

DonnyTrump
Apr 24, 2010

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

It's a remake of a generation with hysterically bad level-curve and 'mon availability problems, that does not address these crippling problems in the slightest. In fact, I think they actually rolled back some of the changes from Crystal to GS standards again. Yes, the aesthetics are incredible, but it's dire in terms of actual playability.

Speaking of, I am trying to play through Crystal for the first time on VC and holy poo poo it’s a pain. I just got to victory road, the first guy trounced me pretty quickly and now I’m trying to grind some levels but can’t really find a good place to do it. Getting pretty close to giving up.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So Crystal has trainers hidden in the stupidest loving places. If you go out of your way to explore stuff like the giant mountain caves and hidden surf areas you will stay roughly on level (until Kanto) even though its pretty miserable to actually hunt them all down.

If you play the game like a normal person you will probably be pretty underlevelled and there's no real way to counter that beyond just using one or two Pokemon.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

lezard_valeth posted:

This is so dumb. Like, come on GF I'm trying to defend your dumb monster fighting game, but poo poo like this makes it really seem as if you kicked a half baked product out the door. In previous games you've always been able to get the form change item for the other version mascot.

The only way to get the Griseous Orb (and thus Giratina-O) in HG/SS was via trading the event Arceus and triggering the sinjoh ruins event. So yeah, you've always been able to, unless you played the game after 2008.

Edit: my reading comprehension apparently sucks and I missed the "other version mascot", and it could be argued that Giratina isn't a version mascot of HG/SS, just same generation.

In other news, Serebii has a "potential fix" for not being rewarded with Magearna that involves moving all the pokemon of the living dex one box to the left. Sounds just stupid enough to work, especially since my dex starts with the second box.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 18, 2020

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Transfered a load of my dudes from ultra moon and I swear a bunch of my pokemon have just disappeared since I last played that game. I had a bunch of great dittos (including a shiny) that I just can't find anywhere.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

man what mon do i have to put up to get someone to trade me a zamazenta? i got my necrozma up asking for zamazenta right now but i'm not getting any takers. i assume people only want a zacian in trade?

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Wurzag posted:

Transfered a load of my dudes from ultra moon and I swear a bunch of my pokemon have just disappeared since I last played that game. I had a bunch of great dittos (including a shiny) that I just can't find anywhere.

Same! I transferred all mine from Ultra Moon and now my original form Darumaka and Darmanitan are totally MIA, although strangely they were registered in the Home dex.

Makes me wonder what else is missing tbh

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Wurzag posted:

Yeah, I feel this. I feel like some legendaries I had just vanished.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did you all only suspect things are missing after transferring or are you saying you think stuff might have been lost on the original save?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Prior. I could swear I had a Black Kyurem on my black 2 cart and no such thing was there.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
In Sword and Shield, is there anything I can do to troubleshoot not being able to do any of the online stuff, locally or via the internet? I can SEE my friends' and other random people's notifications, but clicking on them does nothing. I never find anyone for raids, etc. I've tried it on my wifi and with an ethernet adapter. I tried the supposed trick of setting my online activity visibility to ALL. What else can I do? Even sitting in the same room with my son and trying it with the local connection, even if we set the same pin, we never connect. IDGI. Being able to trade and stuff with him was p much the only reason I bought two Switches and both versions of the game.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Super No Vacancy posted:

did you all only suspect things are missing after transferring or are you saying you think stuff might have been lost on the original save?

after transferring

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Imagined posted:

In Sword and Shield, is there anything I can do to troubleshoot not being able to do any of the online stuff, locally or via the internet? I can SEE my friends' and other random people's notifications, but clicking on them does nothing. I never find anyone for raids, etc. I've tried it on my wifi and with an ethernet adapter. I tried the supposed trick of setting my online activity visibility to ALL. What else can I do? Even sitting in the same room with my son and trying it with the local connection, even if we set the same pin, we never connect. IDGI. Being able to trade and stuff with him was p much the only reason I bought two Switches and both versions of the game.

That happened to me the other day. Fixed it by power cycling the Switch completely.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Framboise posted:

Prior. I could swear I had a Black Kyurem on my black 2 cart and no such thing was there.

Same here. All the pokemon I'd bred with said dittos were there but no dittos

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wurzag posted:

Same here. All the pokemon I'd bred with said dittos were there but no dittos

I'm going to ask the obvious: did you check the nursery? Maybe you were lazy and left it in there while just switching out what pokemon it bred with.

I was convinced I'd completed the dex in X and Sun, but it turned out I hadn't, so I have a bunch of work to do (mostly trading for legendaries) before I'll have a complete national dex.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

So is it like a yellow situation where there are gyms before pokemon who are weak to them who are available? That was . . . . . . . fun . . . . . .

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Freaking Crumbum posted:

man what mon do i have to put up to get someone to trade me a zamazenta? i got my necrozma up asking for zamazenta right now but i'm not getting any takers. i assume people only want a zacian in trade?
The market for Zamazenta and Zacian trades is completely hosed right now. In previous gens I found it easy to coax out trades for box legendaries, but people are holding onto these two at all costs or demanding outrageous prices. I think the fact that Sword/Shield have only two legendary Pokémon available per version is making them far more prized than ever before.

If you just need Pokédex completion, it's easiest to set up a temporary "touch trade".

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bobulus posted:

I'm going to ask the obvious: did you check the nursery? Maybe you were lazy and left it in there while just switching out what pokemon it bred with.

I was convinced I'd completed the dex in X and Sun, but it turned out I hadn't, so I have a bunch of work to do (mostly trading for legendaries) before I'll have a complete national dex.

Yup, nothing there. Literally all of my 5 IV breeding dittos from ultra moon and my shiny were missing but nothing else as far as I could tell

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mizuti posted:

The market for Zamazenta and Zacian trades is completely hosed right now. In previous gens I found it easy to coax out trades for box legendaries, but people are holding onto these two at all costs or demanding outrageous prices. I think the fact that Sword/Shield have only two legendary Pokémon available per version is making them far more prized than ever before.

If you just need Pokédex completion, it's easiest to set up a temporary "touch trade".

I got a Zacian from putting up a shiny Azumarill but that was like the day this came out maybe poo poo’s getting flooded now that people have had time to move their poo poo to Home.

Not that this matters much because now I need a rusty sword to go with the drat dog.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

I got a Zacian by uploading a shiny Runerigus hth

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Rick posted:

So is it like a yellow situation where there are gyms before pokemon who are weak to them who are available? That was . . . . . . . fun . . . . . .

It's nowhere near as bad as that.

Ignore the exaggerations and see what you think for yourself. To call it unplayable is completely disingenuous.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Wurzag posted:

Yup, nothing there. Literally all of my 5 IV breeding dittos from ultra moon and my shiny were missing but nothing else as far as I could tell

maybe they failed a legality/hack check?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Super No Vacancy posted:

did your Cosmog ever evolve

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Super No Vacancy posted:

I have plenty that fail the hack check in Home, they just can't be traded via GTS or Wonder Box.

I got a Zacian for a Cosmog. Took most of a week though.

Still can't get the Pokedex completion notification, tried moving everything one box to the left. now to do try the opposite.

Edit: still nothing. No idea how to trigger the Pokedex completion with or without mystery gift. I have a full living dex of 890. Weird.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 18, 2020

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

indigi posted:

did your Cosmog ever evolve

no i'm gonna try it after work to see if it was based on day/night even though none of the sites say it is

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TheHan posted:

Isn’t a punch from a Machamp supposed to be able to level buildings? :stare:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Super No Vacancy posted:

no i'm gonna try it after work to see if it was based on day/night even though none of the sites say it is

I believe evolving to Solgaleo/Lunala is time based but Cosmoem shouldn’t be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

That was my understanding but this stupid cosmog says otherwise