Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

He will intentionally overfeed it so it becomes fat like Garfield

perhaps he is trying to raise the Ultimate Garfield so as to finally go find those ISIS RATS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Ugh that poor cat.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Can’t believe I’ve never seen that heinous pizza video before. Anyway new garfeats replaces a little caesar hot n ready pick up spot so I figure food quality can’t possibly be worse (this isn’t me expecting good things from Garfield so much as me thinking little caesars is trash). Also across the street from a Starbucks though so I can’t imagine who is going to get coffee there except for me once as a joke.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

mediaphage posted:

Can’t believe I’ve never seen that heinous pizza video before. Anyway new garfeats replaces a little caesar hot n ready pick up spot so I figure food quality can’t possibly be worse (this isn’t me expecting good things from Garfield so much as me thinking little caesars is trash). Also across the street from a Starbucks though so I can’t imagine who is going to get coffee there except for me once as a joke.

Little Caesars' hot-n-ready pizzas are definitely a matter of taste and not worth arguing about one way or another, but their deep dish pizzas are good as hell.

Although now that you mention it, it just struck me what a terrible pairing pizza and coffee seems to be. Why would anyone do that.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

Little Caesars' hot-n-ready pizzas are definitely a matter of taste and not worth arguing about one way or another, but their deep dish pizzas are good as hell.

Although now that you mention it, it just struck me what a terrible pairing pizza and coffee seems to be. Why would anyone do that.

Sure they’re popular for a reason (mostly cost), I’d just rather skip dinner than ever eat it.

In re pizza and coffee: the undertext on the sign reads “Lasagna - Pizza - Coffee”

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Pastry of the Year posted:

Because in the comics, Garfields favorite foods are Lasagna, Pizza and he drinks a lot of coffee. It is canon.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Duckman2008 posted:

Because in the comics, Garfields favorite foods are Lasagna, Pizza and he drinks a lot of coffee. It is canon.

:doh:

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i showed my fiancee mestre da pizza and now she wants to learn portuguese and travel to brazil so she can see what the gently caress a trash-baked deep dish mayo pizza tastes like

i am endlessly lucky

Sao Paulo city has some amazing pizza because a ton of Italians live there, but the rest of Brazil is a land of nightmares.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Duckman2008 posted:

Wow

How does this thread keep surprising me with fundamental truths about the universe?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
It's cheaper than getting a script for laxatives

Oh wait sorry I'm American that's a me problem :smith:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

goodog posted:

Sao Paulo city has some amazing pizza because a ton of Italians live there, but the rest of Brazil is a land of nightmares.

That all looks awesome. Way better than that mayo monstrosity.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I wonder if a Garfield Mazri was in the original licensing agreement. Something tells me it wasn't but Jim Davis is just a poorly animated corpse that signs checks these days.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

GarfieldEATS is transitioning to a cat cafe

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
One year from now, a morbidly obese Garfield Mazri lays on the floor, struggling to move or breathe. Nathan shoves a camera in it's face as it struggles to turn its head toward him.

Text overlay: "Ugh, it's Monday again, isn't it??"

E: accompanied by a goofy stock sound effect

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 18, 2020

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Generous to assume any aspect of this business or the cat will survive one year

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

If this guy is gay then Nathan should totally hook up with him because they share a love of god awful pizzas and probably have about the same level of cognitive awareness.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

GolfHole posted:

mestre da pizza is in prison

I lold because the joke answer is Crimes against Pizza but is this a serious post

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
That pizza he makes is apparently a local specialty using “catupiry” “cheese” (the shrek semen in the big squeeze bag). The chunky looking stuff is shredded chicken. Everything else is exactly what it looks like. It might actually be good if it were prepared in a non garbage fire for more than two minutes

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Who wants to read a long boring story about my 80's childhood? Nobody? Great!

My step-dad's a minister, so I went to church every Sunday until I left home for college, unless I had a 102 fever or was puking everywhere. When Christmas fell on a Sunday, this was no exception. My sister and I would rush down the stairs, see all the presents under the tree... then have to put on itchy polyester dresses, trudge across the street in the snow, sit through yet another boring sermon (after having been twice for Xmas Eve services) and patiently wait until my dad got home at noon once he wrapped up business and locked the church. Then we had to eat lunch, so we didn't get to open our gifts until, like 1pm. It was torturous.

One year, there's a HUGE box under the tree with my name on it. 10 year old me is convinced that after years of begging, my parents finally relented and bought me the battery-powered LEGO train set I'd circled every year in the Sears Wishlist catalog. HAD to be, what else would come in a box that big?!

The wait to open it was agonizing, but I've always been good at prolonging gratification. Plus I didn't want to over-shadow whatever not-as-cool presents my sister was getting. So we open smaller gifts first, getting bigger, and the box is looming. Finally my mom suggests, "hey lil' JD, why don't you open that big one?"

I gleefully tear off the paper, and it's a non-descript cardboard box. "Probably just what it came shipped in," I think. I open the box and...

...a Garfield wastebasket. All that anticipation, all that sitting in church zoning out, thinking about what wonders that box held, and it's a loving garbage can with panels of Garf bon mots like "I'm not overweight, I'm undertall" printed on it.

I hate Mondays, but since that day I've hated Garfield even more.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Who wants to read a long boring story about my 80's childhood? Nobody? Great!

My step-dad's a minister, so I went to church every Sunday until I left home for college, unless I had a 102 fever or was puking everywhere. When Christmas fell on a Sunday, this was no exception. My sister and I would rush down the stairs, see all the presents under the tree... then have to put on itchy polyester dresses, trudge across the street in the snow, sit through yet another boring sermon (after having been twice for Xmas Eve services) and patiently wait until my dad got home at noon once he wrapped up business and locked the church. Then we had to eat lunch, so we didn't get to open our gifts until, like 1pm. It was torturous.

One year, there's a HUGE box under the tree with my name on it. 10 year old me is convinced that after years of begging, my parents finally relented and bought me the battery-powered LEGO train set I'd circled every year in the Sears Wishlist catalog. HAD to be, what else would come in a box that big?!

The wait to open it was agonizing, but I've always been good at prolonging gratification. Plus I didn't want to over-shadow whatever not-as-cool presents my sister was getting. So we open smaller gifts first, getting bigger, and the box is looming. Finally my mom suggests, "hey lil' JD, why don't you open that big one?"

I gleefully tear off the paper, and it's a non-descript cardboard box. "Probably just what it came shipped in," I think. I open the box and...

...a Garfield wastebasket. All that anticipation, all that sitting in church zoning out, thinking about what wonders that box held, and it's a loving garbage can with panels of Garf bon mots like "I'm not overweight, I'm undertall" printed on it.

I hate Mondays, but since that day I've hated Garfield even more.

This is the worst thing I’ve read today, and I spent 2 hours in D&D

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

goodog posted:

Pizzeria betepapo is its own thing

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Partycat posted:

Pizzeria betepapo is its own thing

We need to bring back the “post the worlds worst pizza ever” thread.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

nathen mazri is somewhere pulling his hair out about nobody catching clues from his very expensive ARG

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

lol I appreciated your story also,

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I've always been good at prolonging gratification.

call me

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

for how long has there been a separate instagram just for the coffee??
"graffuccino is my new starbucks" indeed

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

the most recent post was FIVE HOURS AGO

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

AF posted:

call me

Buy me that LEGO train set and we'll talk, hot stuff. Been waiting 36 years :biglips:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I know a woman who told me she would probably bang a guy who bought her an expert LEGO set. The best thing about that conversation was learning about the existence of expert LEGO sets. The worst thing was wondering why I was giving women things like flowers and chocolate like a sucker

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Quarex posted:

I know a woman who told me she would probably bang a guy who bought her an expert LEGO set. The best thing about that conversation was learning about the existence of expert LEGO sets. The worst thing was wondering why I was giving women things like flowers and chocolate like a sucker

Because expert LEGO sets are probably more than twice the cost of most chocolate and flower purchases.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
This is really sad. I keep thinking about poor Nathen getting his bubble burst. You know how some people with schizophrenia can experience a “break with reality” and lose their poo poo? I feel like the opposite is going to happen (the same thing actually, except triggered by encountering reality for the first time in his all expenses paid rich failspawn life) and then we’re going to see some serious poo poo.

I mostly feel bad for that cat, though. There just isn’t a happy ending here- it’ll either get neglected/cared for incorrectly, be made sick and overweight by a Big Agna diet, or be given away once this whole farce subsides.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

One of us is gonna have to save garfield mazri

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

This is really sad. I keep thinking about poor Nathen getting his bubble burst. You know how some people with schizophrenia can experience a “break with reality” and lose their poo poo? I feel like the opposite is going to happen (the same thing actually, except triggered by encountering reality for the first time in his all expenses paid rich failspawn life) and then we’re going to see some [b]serious poo poo.[/b

He'll just move on to other failson endeavours. Not his money, no risk, just some bruised ego

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
You know, I'm kind of surprised Big Garfield is so unprotective of its brand. Like, apart from the folly of opening the restaurant itself, there's also the fact that none of the Garfeats social media posts read like they're at all "true to the character" and of course there's the fact that Nathen is publicly going insane(er).

I guess they got their lump sum of money so they don't care tho.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

so i guess they renewed the toronto lease

i figured they'd move the equipment to london but nope, all new stuff i guess

whoever makes restaurant equipment must be making a killing

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Mordja posted:

You know, I'm kind of surprised Big Garfield is so unprotective of its brand. Like, apart from the folly of opening the restaurant itself, there's also the fact that none of the Garfeats social media posts read like they're at all "true to the character" and of course there's the fact that Nathen is publicly going insane(er).

I guess they got their lump sum of money so they don't care tho.
It is a tiny bit surprising since Jim Davis did take down one of Lasagna Cat's videos, but... considering the ones they did not take down, I think anything increasing Garfield Awareness is seen as a net positive. Which, well, is probably the right way to think about it.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Total Entergagement Awareness

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Dr. Quarex posted:

It is a tiny bit surprising since Jim Davis did take down one of Lasagna Cat's videos, but... considering the ones they did not take down, I think anything increasing Garfield Awareness is seen as a net positive. Which, well, is probably the right way to think about it.

The only reason that one got taken down is because it included the actual Paws Inc public relations info and they started getting inundated with requests for breakfast with Garfield. :lol:ing at the idea of Mazri proposing a Garficcino restaurant and them going "well actually...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxcpicWI95o

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

we willed it into being, goons

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

wait a minute this is actually a good idea, are you sure it came from nathen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the london expansion and the kids comic are genuinely good and likely profitable ideas

someone else has to be in charge, this isn't the garfieldeats i know...