Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

it predates her recent disappearance, afaik

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Feb 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Her.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Apologies, I didn't know where else to ask this: I was looking through the smilies list and there's one called : magemage : and says "In memoriam" when you mouse over and the smiley has a gun in its mouth.
Did... that happen?

MageMage posted:

Goons love me so much, they remind me constantly how worthless my life is and I should kill myself. I LOVE the new smiley :magemage:

Haha I've thought about sticking a gun inside my mouth every day due to lack of support.

looks like it was at least 2018

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
That's...I hesitate to say "good," but it's less bad? In some ways?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Pretty sweet we got a smilie encouraging a specific poster to commit suicide, not hosed up and terrible at all.

Magemage has (god I hope it's not "had") some garbage-rear end hot takes, but that's the pettiest goddamn thing I've ever seen.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Elysiume posted:

That's...I hesitate to say "good," but it's less bad? In some ways?

it would be in very bad taste to mock someone for killing themselves. i think the smilie is probably still in bad taste but it would be interesting to know how it came about in the first place

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

bell jar posted:

it would be in very bad taste to mock someone for killing themselves. i think the smilie is probably still in bad taste but it would be interesting to know how it came about in the first place

Some dumb, tasteless motherfucker had thirty bucks they should have instead spent on Vaseline and an eggplant

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Screaming Idiot posted:

Pretty sweet we got a smilie encouraging a specific poster to commit suicide, not hosed up and terrible at all.

Magemage has (god I hope it's not "had") some garbage-rear end hot takes, but that's the pettiest goddamn thing I've ever seen.

Maybe someone should rename it. :iamafag: got renamed for less. (now :imunfunny:)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Maybe someone should rename it. :iamafag: got renamed for less. (now :imunfunny:)

: gunfuckler :

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AlbieQuirky posted:

There’s one facing the other way but I can never remember its name.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Platystemon posted:

There’s one facing the other way but I can never remember its name.

:razz:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I first encountered the magemage smiley in the following post:

Al ! posted:

: suicide : should go for reasons that are almost identical to : magemage :

I found that post because I was searching to see if magemage had posted lately, and didn't enter the search correctly

on the one hand, I think I agree that the magemage smiley should go, but on the other hand, I had an instant and pervasive sense of "oh, okay, that makes sense"

I sincerely hope magemage hasn't harmed herself, and instead just stopped posting, which frankly is about what I wished she'd do in the first place

sorry uhhh hang on, here this is some content right:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Well I don’t find my inability to remember very funny. :mad:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/ReeraTakes/status/1229469833692991493

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Apologies, I didn't know where else to ask this: I was looking through the smilies list and there's one called : magemage : and says "In memoriam" when you mouse over and the smiley has a gun in its mouth.
Did... that happen?

Not that this was a bad place to ask but this one also would've worked.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484928

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Thank you, friend. I completely forgot that thread exists.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I'm still so goddamn angry about someone misidentifying hypno as Kadabra on like page 2 of that thread.

It's not ok, and it never will be.:lron:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
:lmao: the Notch defender on page 4, because Notch potentially being a huge racist was still a debatable topic in 2012, which is another country

:notch:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/juliusgoat/status/1229742337552736256?s=21

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

LordSaturn posted:

I found that post because I was searching to see if magemage had posted lately, and didn't enter the search correctly

on the one hand, I think I agree that the magemage smiley should go, but on the other hand, I had an instant and pervasive sense of "oh, okay, that makes sense"

I sincerely hope magemage hasn't harmed herself, and instead just stopped posting, which frankly is about what I wished she'd do in the first place

The smiley is in the process of being renamed. Sincere thanks to everyone who brought this to our attention.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/cmarinucci/status/1229532800929255424?s=20

Bad news Bernie--you're too popular.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That's why sports teams try not to win home games too often, especially playoffs and championship games, don't want the bad publicity. gently caress, the traffic was a mess in Kansas City after the Superbowl from all the drunken revelry and the Superbowl wasn't even played there, very bad look the Chiefs.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

White people care about the dumbest poo poo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The traffic leaving the Bernie rally was terrible. OH WELL I GUESS I'M A NAZI NOW

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Didn’t like Weekend at Bernie’s, GUESS I’M A NAZI NOW

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
She is totally going to have a word with that traffic's manager.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol it doesn't make sense and it doesn't matter

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

White people care about the dumbest poo poo

Mildly inconveniencing a white person is the worst crime one can commit. I remember when Black Lives Matter was blocking highways I saw this or something like it posted roughly once every second on Facebook.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Soviet Commubot posted:

Mildly inconveniencing a white person is the worst crime one can commit. I remember when Black Lives Matter was blocking highways I saw this or something like it posted roughly once every second on Facebook.

I mean, at least they're being honest. Better than the people who concern troll about "What about ambulances????"

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Soviet Commubot posted:

Didn't some chud get fired over posting that on facebook around the time charlottesville was a thing?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Soviet Commubot posted:

I remember talking to someone about this and then later after Charlottesville telling him "well this is what you wanted to happen" and he got supremely upset at me about it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Push El Burrito posted:

I remember talking to someone about this and then later after Charlottesville telling him "well this is what you wanted to happen" and he got supremely upset at me about it.
It completely is, though.
And for a brief time right after Charlottesville they denied it was. But now they're right back to saying the same exact thing.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The reason I left a local shitposting Facebook group was because of people loudly insisting that they would not be stopping for anyone on a rainbow crosswalk, because that wasn't a real crosswalk and they didn't have to stop.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
You have to stop if there's a person in front of your car, whether they're in a crosswalk or not.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I can totally see this admin declaring rainbow crosswalks to be legal killzones

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I liked this reply

https://twitter.com/HumanError/status/1229607483284447232?s=19

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

We got this in Canada right now. Bunch of mad whiteys screaming in all caps with sunglasses in car profile pics calling for CP Rail to plow indigenous people down with trains.

They're also happy that militarized police are invading treaty lands to force them to comply with having pipelines put through because god forbid you put those totally safe and non leaking pipes in my backyard!!!!!

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Ruffian Price posted:

I can totally see this admin declaring rainbow crosswalks to be legal killzones

Bills actually got introduced in several states to legalize running protesters over. The bills all died but still.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

RoboRodent posted:

The reason I left a local shitposting Facebook group was because of people loudly insisting that they would not be stopping for anyone on a rainbow crosswalk, because that wasn't a real crosswalk and they didn't have to stop.

THAT CROSSWALK HAS A GOLD FRINGE!

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/1229649157171757057

Frizzle is not the idiot

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

We got this in Canada right now. Bunch of mad whiteys screaming in all caps with sunglasses in car profile pics calling for CP Rail to plow indigenous people down with trains.

They're also happy that militarized police are invading treaty lands to force them to comply with having pipelines put through because god forbid you put those totally safe and non leaking pipes in my backyard!!!!!

I used to spend a lot of time in Soo, Ontario many years ago and a group of tabletop gamer nerds and I went to a bar one night. It pretty quickly descended into a really, really long multi-person rant about how the Army should have killed all the First Nations protesters at Oka, but they didn't because they were pussy rear end Frenchmen.

:canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
(First one is not the idiot:)

https://twitter.com/to_huts/status/1229836968282001409
https://twitter.com/TheCyberSmith/status/1229844440858140673

Who is the human pet guy, you ask? Well…