Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Kickstarter United did it!

https://twitter.com/ksr_united/status/1229798975693299712

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

Not to distract from the more important part of the thread, but FFG is killing their rpgs. While isn't a shock, it's still pretty disappointing.

http://www.d20radio.com/main/fantasy-flight-games-long-term-plan-will-discontinue-rpg-development/

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

:toot:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

actually3raccoons posted:

Not to distract from the more important part of the thread, but FFG is killing their rpgs. While isn't a shock, it's still pretty disappointing.

They could have shifted entirely to doing what nearly every other company does and had a couple of people inhouse and freelanced everything else. Heck that's what most of the card games do (albeit there's far less writing for them).

This definitely feels like VCs wanting them leaner for a sale, and with the SWRPG license being tied up with the miniatures one, that's not likely to appear anywhere else until they lose it (albeit I'm not sure i'd buy another one, having all of FFGs run, so there's nothing I 'need' there). For L5R I suppose they could license it out, but I'd guess they'd want it to be close to the card games in feel and art design so not sure they will.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
They should farm it out to FRPG.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
OK better.
https://goodman-games.com/blog/2020/02/18/a-statement-on-judges-guild/

quote:

Following up on our recent video, this statement is to confirm the following points regarding Goodman Games and our former relationship with Judges Guild. 
To start with, we are disgusted and disheartened by the antisemitism, bigotry, and racism exhibited by the current owners of Judges Guild. 
Goodman Games has stopped selling our previous Judges Guild products through all distribution channels. 
Judges Guild will no longer receive income from Goodman Games products now that sales of their titles have ceased. 
We have one remaining product to release, which is a collector’s edition focused on the works of Jennell Jaquays. Jennell’s story is one quite different from the views espoused by Bob Bledsaw Jr. Judges Guild and Bob Bledsaw Jr. have agreed to receive no royalties of any kind from this title. To say it bluntly: Bob Bledsaw Jr. and Judges Guild will not profit from the Judges Guild Deluxe Collector’s Edition Vol. 2 focused on the works of Jennell Jaquays. Goodman Games will match 20% of the proceeds of this title with donations: 10% to the Anti Defamation League and 10% to GLAAD. The funds that would have been used for a Judges Guild licensing fee will be included in this donation, as requested by Bob Bledsaw Jr. 
After this final volume, we have no plans to release future Judges Guild titles. 
We are deeply saddened and frankly horrified by the views espoused by Bob Bledsaw Jr

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Should have been their first statement, but I’m glad they managed to say it.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Better late than never. Glad they're sticking to their guns

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Yeah, this is an example that should be held up to basically everyone else as how to do a walkback:

• Openly disavow the culprit.
  • Unequivocal statement of intent.
  • Commitment to no longer work with them.
  • Explanation (in advance) for any potential misunderstanding.
  • Action toward good.
  • Statement outlining the morally reprehensible nature of the subjects.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah and also never do a video response unless you're desperate for clicks.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Lol BB2 posted a statement

a white nationalist posted:

A Private Message from Bob II

Regarding Recent Accusations - to Help People Better Understand the Personal Views of the Owner:

I Have Traditional Christian values. My family crest attests to 3 European Crusades, and I regard that as a calling. That means I am pro-life, anti-gay, and against self-mutilation.
I believe we are all God's Children, and hold a compassion for everyone.
I am not their judge, and judging the morals of others is Not my job.
I have my Views and unless asked, or in my home, I keep them to myself.
I keep my personal views out of my professional life.
I respect people based on their behavior, not what they are, or think they are.
That could be why people can be surprised or offended.
In my opinion, they cannot expect everyone to agree with them.
Social Morals do not change overnight, and progressives must not expect them to.
I do not expect to change the view or other, and I do not try because that is not my job.
I believe in Free Speach: I understand that being offended comes with that freedom.
I apply the Golden Rule, and treat others as I would wish to be treated.
My family fought the Revolution; the two Rutledges who drafted and Signed the Constitution
and Delcaration of Independence, so I do take American Politics personally.
Being a peace-loving person, I do not own a gun, but I would never give up my right to get one.
I stand against corruption in high places and No Country should be above question, or be feeding off ours.
Politically, I am an Independent Libertarian. I Voted for Perot, and Paul, but do support what Trump has managed to do for America, despite being labeled Hitler.
I do believe the Media is Controlled in America by Leftists and Zionists, but I do not Hate them. I hate what they do.
I do have relatives and friends in Government with Top Secret Clearances.
Prior to 9/11 I also did some private work for the Government, no tin-foil here. Today's Conspiracy often proves to be Tomorrow's Truth. Mud is everywhere, and they revel in getting us to throw it on each other.
I have never been one to chase money: I lost my belongings in an explosion in 1974 at age 12, so what is dear to me hold sentimental value, not material. I have been homeless before, and slept nights in cornfields and under bridges, but never begged or stole to feed myself. I know what being down is like and exhibit a given nature because of that experience.
I am not interested in money and my intention here should not be construed that way. I consider myself an artist by nature.
My goal here has always been to keep the works of the Guild alive and in reach of the public, because I consider those I grew up with to be family. If you have helped me, I consider you like a brother. We will not always get along, but I will love you regardless, because you helped me once.
I live a very humble personal life on very little income.
Am I a perfect Person? No, but I am the first to admit it. I do not Lord over others, anywhere.
I raised 6 Children with those values, but as they are now adults, I respect their choosing their own way.
I think All Paths Lead eventually to God, and there is good to be found in All People and Religions, I have studied several of them.

I have been accused of being a Racist. I am not. I have made and keep friends of all races.
I am not pure white; being part Cherokee, Dutch, and Romanian. My family came to America in 1643,
and by 1665 owned Slaves, sold to us by Jewish Slave Merchants. I personally would not own
anyone... All God's Children.
When they first started bussing blacks to my school in the 60's, two were introduced to my class, Renee and Tony. I was the first white boy to make friends with Tony, and we are still friends to this day. We shared Elementary and High School years together. He knows I do not hate blacks, but knows I am just as capable of racial humor as he is.

My ancestors' slave-ownership eventually surfaced in my life. I was contacted by a black female Bledsoe seeking history of her ancestry. I provided her with what documents I had, wills and deeds bearing the names of her forefathers.
She lives in Texas, where following the Civil War, a group of my relatives migrated, wishing to hold the investment held in their slaves. It was personally chilling for me to read in those documents where the daughters of one slave was to be given to one, and the sons of the same slave be given to another
family member... the idea that children be separated so, as was common then, bothered me a lot because I have 6 children on my own. The woman informed me that the reason they kept our family name was because my ancestors treated them well, and with kindness, allowing them to receive Christian learning. Do I feel shame for the actions of my ancestors? No. My ancestors walked in a different time.
Do I feel a kinship with the Black Bledsoes? Yes. We share a common bond, of having walked together in that time. My home is open to them, as it is to all people. That does not sound very racist.

I have been also accused here of being Anti-Semitic. The answer to this is more complex because it addresses both Race and Religion. As for Race, I have and keep friends who are Jewish; as I stated, we are All Children of God, but I am not a Zionist, nor do I believe they are any better than anyone else. I have worked for Jewish Causes several times, and donate yearly to MDA, which benefits Ashkenazim Jews. As for the religious aspect, I do not believe in Judaeo-Christianity.
As I said, I am a Traditional Christian, therefore I embrace one or the other. My views do not come from studying the Scriptures from Hebrew, but from the original Aramaic. I do not believe Christ was a Jew, but I do not expect
others to hold that opinion. I suggest they study the Books of Moses in Aramaic, as it was the language of Christ, and would give them a different perspective. I will always oppose things which to me seem anti-Christian, but I have friends of many faiths, and Love them all as brothers. I do not try to change them.

I state these things with a sincere heart, and know that in today's world it is easy to label and pigeon-hole people. I hold no grudges and wish to be friends with everyone. I ask for your understanding, but not for your forgiveness. I am truly sorry for offending anyone, as I have never tried to single any individual out. I will in future try to be more sensitive, but in this social climate I walk on a lot of eggshells. The living DNA in me scaled walls of castles with an axe, fired muskets against the King's Army, and fought in most every war America has ever had. I am a Proud Boomer, and I do hold my tongue more that one thinks.

Sincerely - Bob Bledsaw II

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

quote:

Politically, I am an Independent Libertarian. I Voted for Perot, and Paul, but do support what Trump has managed to do for America, despite being labeled Hitler.

~Cleric of Bane thinks he's a Chaotic Good Freedom Fighter.

What's even funnier is that he posted this under the official company account rather than the personal account, tearing aside any shred of doubt to the "his account may have been hacked/impersonated" theory."

Also in the comments section he reveals that the KKK tried to approach him for recruitment in 1989, but he refused claiming that he's :airquote: not a racist :airquote:

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 19, 2020

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Jesus Christ this is some scattershot insanity.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

quote:

A Private Message from Bob II

Regarding Recent Accusations - to Help People Better Understand the Personal Views of the Owner:

I Have Traditional Christian values. My family crest attests to 3 European Crusades, and I regard that as a calling. That means I am pro-life, anti-gay, and against self-mutilation.
I believe we are all God's Children, and hold a compassion for everyone.
I am not their judge, and judging the morals of others is Not my job.
I have my Views and unless asked, or in my home, I keep them to myself.
I keep my personal views out of my professional life.
I respect people based on their behavior, not what they are, or think they are.
That could be why people can be surprised or offended.
In my opinion, they cannot expect everyone to agree with them.
Social Morals do not change overnight, and progressives must not expect them to.
I do not expect to change the view or other, and I do not try because that is not my job.
I believe in Free Speach: I understand that being offended comes with that freedom.
I apply the Golden Rule, and treat others as I would wish to be treated.
My family fought the Revolution; the two Rutledges who drafted and Signed the Constitution
and Delcaration of Independence, so I do take American Politics personally.
Being a peace-loving person, I do not own a gun, but I would never give up my right to get one.
I stand against corruption in high places and No Country should be above question, or be feeding off ours.
I do believe the Media is Controlled in America by Leftists and Zionists, but I do not Hate them. I hate what they do.
I do have relatives and friends in Government with Top Secret Clearances.
Prior to 9/11 I also did some private work for the Government, no tin-foil here. Today's Conspiracy often proves to be Tomorrow's Truth. Mud is everywhere, and they revel in getting us to throw it on each other.
I have never been one to chase money: I lost my belongings in an explosion in 1974 at age 12, so what is dear to me hold sentimental value, not material. I have been homeless before, and slept nights in cornfields and under bridges, but never begged or stole to feed myself. I know what being down is like and exhibit a given nature because of that experience.
I am not interested in money and my intention here should not be construed that way. I consider myself an artist by nature.
My goal here has always been to keep the works of the Guild alive and in reach of the public, because I consider those I grew up with to be family. If you have helped me, I consider you like a brother. We will not always get along, but I will love you regardless, because you helped me once.
I live a very humble personal life on very little income.
Am I a perfect Person? No, but I am the first to admit it. I do not Lord over others, anywhere.
I raised 6 Children with those values, but as they are now adults, I respect their choosing their own way.
I think All Paths Lead eventually to God, and there is good to be found in All People and Religions, I have studied several of them.

I have been accused of being a Racist. I am not. I have made and keep friends of all races.
I am not pure white; being part Cherokee, Dutch, and Romanian. My family came to America in 1643,
and by 1665 owned Slaves, sold to us by Jewish Slave Merchants. I personally would not own
anyone... All God's Children.
When they first started bussing blacks to my school in the 60's, two were introduced to my class, Renee and Tony. I was the first white boy to make friends with Tony, and we are still friends to this day. We shared Elementary and High School years together. He knows I do not hate blacks, but knows I am just as capable of racial humor as he is.

My ancestors' slave-ownership eventually surfaced in my life. I was contacted by a black female Bledsoe seeking history of her ancestry. I provided her with what documents I had, wills and deeds bearing the names of her forefathers.
She lives in Texas, where following the Civil War, a group of my relatives migrated, wishing to hold the investment held in their slaves. It was personally chilling for me to read in those documents where the daughters of one slave was to be given to one, and the sons of the same slave be given to another
family member... the idea that children be separated so, as was common then, bothered me a lot because I have 6 children on my own. The woman informed me that the reason they kept our family name was because my ancestors treated them well, and with kindness, allowing them to receive Christian learning. Do I feel shame for the actions of my ancestors? No. My ancestors walked in a different time.
Do I feel a kinship with the Black Bledsoes? Yes. We share a common bond, of having walked together in that time. My home is open to them, as it is to all people. That does not sound very racist.

I have been also accused here of being Anti-Semitic. The answer to this is more complex because it addresses both Race and Religion. As for Race, I have and keep friends who are Jewish; as I stated, we are All Children of God, but I am not a Zionist, nor do I believe they are any better than anyone else. I have worked for Jewish Causes several times, and donate yearly to MDA, which benefits Ashkenazim Jews. As for the religious aspect, I do not believe in Judaeo-Christianity.
As I said, I am a Traditional Christian, therefore I embrace one or the other. My views do not come from studying the Scriptures from Hebrew, but from the original Aramaic. I do not believe Christ was a Jew, but I do not expect
others to hold that opinion. I suggest they study the Books of Moses in Aramaic, as it was the language of Christ, and would give them a different perspective. I will always oppose things which to me seem anti-Christian, but I have friends of many faiths, and Love them all as brothers. I do not try to change them.

I state these things with a sincere heart, and know that in today's world it is easy to label and pigeon-hole people. I hold no grudges and wish to be friends with everyone. I ask for your understanding, but not for your forgiveness. I am truly sorry for offending anyone, as I have never tried to single any individual out. I will in future try to be more sensitive, but in this social climate I walk on a lot of eggshells. The living DNA in me scaled walls of castles with an axe, fired muskets against the King's Army, and fought in most every war America has ever had. I am a Proud Boomer, and I do hold my tongue more that one thinks.

Sincerely - Bob Bledsaw II

ok boomer

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I read "I have Christian Values" and didn't see the need to read further. Lo and behold, it's a scattershot series of half-paragraphs and random capitalization.

Boomers gonna boom

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
"Free speach" is basically self-parody.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I like how he cites his family's involvement in three crusades as evidence that he's not racist.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

I like how he studies the Pentateuch in their original Aramaic.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

wizzardstaff posted:

I like how he cites his family's involvement in three crusades as evidence that he's not racist.

It's nice that he went straight to "I am a proud garbage person" in the first three sentences.

Putting the bottom line on top is efficient writing!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

"I'm not racist"

*Doesn't see Dutch people as white*

That one took me a good long while to even parse.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

canyoneer posted:

It's nice that he went straight to "I am a proud garbage person" in the first three sentences.

Putting the bottom line on top is efficient writing!

He didn't bury the leed!

e:

quote:

It was personally chilling for me to read in those documents where the daughters of one slave was to be given to one, and the sons of the same slave be given to another
family member... the idea that children be separated so, as was common then, bothered me a lot because I have 6 children on my own. The woman informed me that the reason they kept our family name was because my ancestors treated them well, and with kindness, allowing them to receive Christian learning. Do I feel shame for the actions of my ancestors? No.

His forefathers just sold the children of others, that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 19, 2020

fidgit
Apr 27, 2002

And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.
It’s unfortunate that the post no longer exists and that before that he was deleting comments, because his mom showed up in the thread to call bullshit.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

quote:

This paragraph here is loving wild

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

fidgit posted:

It’s unfortunate that the post no longer exists and that before that he was deleting comments, because his mom showed up in the thread to call bullshit.

Tell me more about this!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

This paragraph here is loving wild
There are right and wrong answers to the question "Are you an anti-semite?", and I'm pretty sure that if you start off with "Well, you see, it's complex..." then you are well into wrong answer territory.

fidgit
Apr 27, 2002

And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Tell me more about this!

I failed to grab a screenshot before he deleted the comment. Came from Norma Ellrick, which simply said something like “bullshit from your mother.”

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Xiahou Dun posted:

"I'm not racist"

I missed this among all the other wild poo poo.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Xiahou Dun posted:

"I'm not racist"

Can't let H. P. Lovecraft win any racism contests, this guy.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

fidgit posted:

I failed to grab a screenshot before he deleted the comment. Came from Norma Ellrick, which simply said something like “bullshit from your mother.”
this is amazing

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
e: nm

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 22, 2020

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I Am Just a Box posted:

I like how he studies the Pentateuch in their original Aramaic.

Well, it does code switch to Aramaic in parts. Just...only parts, and funnily enough, far more frequently outside the Five Books of Moses, yes.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Green Intern posted:

I missed this among all the other wild poo poo.

Yeah the other stuff is clearly worse but that one just made me blink for a long time.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Sir, this is a Chick Fil A.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
It's goddamned amazing. This is what he thinks will redeem himself in people's eyes. This is what he thinks is going to make him look good enough for people to forgive him. It's obvious he hasn't talked to a lot of non-white-supremacists in a long while. I showed my roommate, and he described it as the racist equivalent of a home-schooled kid talking about how drugs work.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

Well, it does code switch to Aramaic in parts. Just...only parts, and funnily enough, far more frequently outside the Five Books of Moses, yes.

Wait, where outside of Genesis 31:47 is there any Aramaic in the Pentateuch? Certainly there are other examples in Tanach but his claim was about the 5 books of Moses.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

JackMann posted:

It's goddamned amazing. This is what he thinks will redeem himself in people's eyes. This is what he thinks is going to make him look good enough for people to forgive him. It's obvious he hasn't talked to a lot of non-white-supremacists in a long while. I showed my roommate, and he described it as the racist equivalent of a home-schooled kid talking about how drugs work.

Well it's been taken off Facebook as of now, so either it got reported for breaking Terms of Service or he (or someone else) realized this was not the 'redemption arc' post he wanted.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

JackMann posted:

You know, it'd almost be an effective test to have people read this. If they're not making a look of equal parts confusion and disgust as they read it, run.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
The real issue is that he wanted to "apologize" in a way that would get people to do business with him again, but also reassure his fellow racists that he wasn't really disowning the racism. So he went as hard in on the dog whistles as possible. Hence references to the crusades, his family's owning slaves, "zionists" and Jesus not being a Jew. And basically all the rest of it. Like, he absolutely knew he was being racism, he just thought he was being subtle, and that no one but his fellow racists would pick up on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"I have and keep friends who are Jewish"

...in a cage?