Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't see how employee of the month is fake. maybe some of you have never tasted a nectar so sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Son of Man posted:

1. Do any of these people care about how 'natural' a competitor Brock Lesnar or Ryback is? I think those guys are replacing more hormones than nyla.

2. Wrestling is fake. The belts don't have any prestige outside of kayfabe you loving marks

Look at Brock's stomach, that turtle belly is the biggest symptom of abusing HGH. I don't know what causes it, but it's a dead giveaway.

And yeah, even if there was an advantage (I didn't know that about the 1 year mark, good to know), it's loving scripted. They could have Orange Cassidy Kid pin Luchasaurus if they wanted.

The whole argument they bring up also shows how trans men are basically invisible to the world. You want to talk about unfair, making cis women compete with trans men who are on HRT would be unfair, because testosterone is literally a banned PED in basically every sport out there, and unless my understanding of the process and 30 second search of the Mayo Clinic website is wrong, that's the primary hormone used in HRT for trans men.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
There’s much less of an opposition to trans men competing in men’s sports for that exact reason (testosterone).

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
also because trans men don't make straight dudes feel weird

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Ryback shot up such massive amounts of steroids that he blew up his brain and now his body is straight up unable to produce testosterone on it's own

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Jerusalem posted:

Also also.... the match loving OWNED. Like, holy gently caress that match was fantastic.
Seriously. Their first match ended up being really good kind of in spite of itself, while Wednesday's was straight up great. Even if I totally eget why some people didn't like the Riho snapdragon spots.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I popped super hard for the OWA-snapdragon spot. I don't know how obvious it is to people who only watch dynamite that Riho is Kenny's protege, but Nyla trying to humiliate Riho by stealing her mentor's move for the finisher and then having Riho counter with a double shot of one of Kenny's other signature moves worked extremely well for me.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I popped super hard for the OWA-snapdragon spot. I don't know how obvious it is to people who only watch dynamite that Riho is Kenny's protege, but Nyla trying to humiliate Riho by stealing her mentor's move for the finisher and then having Riho counter with a double shot of one of Kenny's other signature moves worked extremely well for me.

they bring it up pretty often

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Whether people at home got it, I felt like people in the arena did. The OWA attempt certainly got a response, and Riho's snapdragons popped big.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Nyla also did a great job of selling Riho as a believable threat while being physically imposing on her.

She's good, y'all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Alaois posted:

they bring it up pretty often

Including literally the previous week

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Neodoomium posted:

Nyla also did a great job of selling Riho as a believable threat while being physically imposing on her.

She's good, y'all.

and importantly, she's getting better. Compare this match to the one they had in October. Everything tied together better, and while there were still a few spots that looked a bit scruffy she absolutely made me buy the drama. The feud with Shanna I think really made her stretch and she's come on leaps and bounds. She's a good wrestler becoming a very good wrestler, now let's see what she does against some decent opposition.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Neodoomium posted:

She's good, y'all.
Yeah, as much as she's still green at times in certain areas, she clearly has *fantastic* vulnerable monster instincts and has the whole time she's been in AEW.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Neodoomium posted:

She's good, y'all.

Nyla begging Riho not to do that stomp was a highlight of the match for me

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

davidbix posted:

Yeah, as much as she's still green at times in certain areas, she clearly has *fantastic* vulnerable monster instincts and has the whole time she's been in AEW.

davidbix posted:

when Riho was kicking out Nyla sold the frustration mixed with mounting fear so well

Her confidence also seems like it’s skyrocketed, I remember at DoN and All Out she seemed a lot like just a very big lady in a scary outfit, but now she’s got all these unhinged monster mannerisms and it feels very natural

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

davidbix posted:

I honestly think this is almost an advantage of AEW, in that they're pushing guys who are younger and greener, and maybe all their poo poo isn't the best, but sometimes that can actually help with a match and I think Nyla/Riho is a great example of that.

I mean, Cena/Punk was a classic and if you actually watch the execution of moves by those two in it, sometimes it's dog poo poo ugly, but it worked because of the storyline between the two that they were just complete opposites of each other and I could buy that the hate resulted in them going for moves with some sloppiness.

I don't know, maybe it is I, the stupid wrestling fan opinion haver here.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

No, I get what you mean. I don’t think it’s so much about wrestlers being green or whatever as AEW letting them wrestle different kinds of matches.

Bryan and Dave have talked so much about this, but one reason I left WWE was because every match except Daniel Bryan’s just felt the same to me. Even in NXT, there’s this overpowering house style and you see everyone wrestle the same style again and again and again.

Look at how differently the Bucks have wrestled depending on their opponents and circumstances. They did an indie spotfest match at the DoN four-way, they did their TLC tribute at All Out, and they worked this much slower more psychological style with Kenny in the six man tag at Fyter Fest.

Obviously there’s already kind of an AEW “style” but it feels a lot broader than WWE. Riho is going to be wrestling as the small underdog against literally everyone on the roster except Yuka, but her matches still feel different against her every opponent.

For me it’s a big part of why AEW feels so much more exciting.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Riho worked Shoko as the bigger wrestler as well, but even then they still referenced how much physically stronger Nakajima was.

That match also ruled because they were comfortable going 100mph for huge stretches of it

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Including literally the previous week

See I can never remember if they just show them as friends or if they spell out the teacher/student relationship. Part of it is In usually half asleep when I watch Dynamite because of my schedule.

Apropos of nothing but Kenny needs to bust out his pink and white tights more often, I loves his matching outfit with Riho for the mixed gender tag match.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I've seen people saying that the stomp just isn't believable cause Riho's too small and it's like lmao I see you've never had a toddler relative jump on your stomach

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I've seen people saying that the stomp just isn't believable cause Riho's too small and it's like lmao I see you've never had a toddler relative jump on your stomach

The people complaining like that are legally required to have a 200ft distance between them and kids.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
(Edit) wrong thread

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

coconono posted:

The people complaining like that are legally required to have a 200ft distance between them and kids.

:lol:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1229600304683003905

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1229592005682040833

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Is it me or is there something "off" about the syntax of these?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They pay him to be controversial.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rage syntax

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is it me or is there something "off" about the syntax of these?

Short sentences. They are off putting. Why use them? They rule. I love it. Keep posting his tweets.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1229583936042491904

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mike Kurtz is your average American. Your average American is barely literate. They can't form a sentence longer than 10 words.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I couldn't figure what this was about and thought "is he defending Jon Moxley or something?"

But no, its him defending Matt Hardy getting buried and massacred on TV for no reason other than him maybe leaving.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gaze deeply into the rage syntax. recall the user who wanted to become banned because of gamergate. it is the same #RAW Business.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STAC Goat posted:

I couldn't figure what this was about and thought "is he defending Jon Moxley or something?"

But no, its him defending Matt Hardy getting buried and massacred on TV for no reason other than him maybe leaving.

It took me a second the first time I read it, too, since I don't watch Raw and the recaps I read here are only stored in my brain for like 12 minutes tops. I just love how many arguments/justifications/whatevers he tries to fit into a single tweet to the response of absolutely nobody.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I know it’s not unique to wrestle Twitter, but I absolutely love authoritative tweets to no one where you’re never 100% sure what the author is even referencing.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Punch McLightning posted:

I could buy that the hate resulted in them going for moves with some sloppiness.

Punk was very clear he didn't hate John Cena.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Does this go here? Because this is loving dumb as hell. Eddie was one of the hottest heels in the world when he was in Los Gringos Locos and he was younger than Garza.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1229594846832123904?s=19

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that poo poo's just loving stupid. I like Garza but like in order to think it took a decade for Eddie to "find charisma" in WWE you gotta ignore that everything he was doing during his main event WWE run was stuff he was doing in WCW and AAA. Like you have to think the only thing he did for the first 10 years of his career was the white bread face thing he debuted in WCW with.

Plus, how come you gotta compare Garza to Eddie? Is there context for that?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinche Rudo posted:

Does this go here? Because this is loving dumb as hell. Eddie was one of the hottest heels in the world when he was in Los Gringos Locos and he was younger than Garza.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1229594846832123904?s=19

Eddy was famously very shy and withdrawn in the late 90s and early 2000s, this isn't stupid at all. He himself admitted it.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Making the conversation about Eddie's personal confidence instead Eddie's body of work and public performance kind of feels like it just frames the debate in a way where the insider is the only one with a worthwhile opinion.