Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I wish I can rollback time and just not go to college. Its a waste of time unless you know with 100% certainty the profession you want to go into, and that profession requires certification.

Hey there, teenager, I know your main areas of interest right now are Discord and jerking off but we're going to need you to make a decision that will determine the trajectory of the entire rest of your life and also cost many thousands of dollars. Fortunately people's interests and motivations hardly ever change between the ages of 18 and 25 so you should be totally fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Woohoo! Kickstarter unionized! Let this be the first of many

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

axelblaze posted:

That is pretty massive and really great news.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Weedle posted:

Hey there, teenager, I know your main areas of interest right now are Discord and jerking off but we're going to need you to make a decision that will determine the trajectory of the entire rest of your life and also cost many thousands of dollars. Fortunately people's interests and motivations hardly ever change between the ages of 18 and 25 so you should be totally fine.

I'm glad I picked computer science because though it turns out I hate programming very much it's general enough I could pivot to basically anything touching a computer no questions asked

Also my mother was a professor at the university I went to and they had some sort of program for it so I didn't have to pay tuition and I lived across the street so no room and board either

Now I'm only drowning in car and mortgage payments

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"Computer science" and "computer programming" have much less in common than people tend to think

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My decision to go study Materials Engineering was mostly based on "I guess that looks somewhat interesting and the line is easy to get into so I won't need to go to any additional exams which are a pain in the rear end"

Extremely informed decisions all around.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

"Computer science" and "computer programming" have much less in common than people tend to think

True

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saw in my e-mail today that the reveal of Baldurs Gate 3 gameplay finally will be on February 27.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe we all should've gotten into the video game industry

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

ew

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

I like not being laid off every time I finish a project though.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm a failed video game connoisseur

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

4 hours until Dentist appointment. Haven't slept all night. Currently 4am. Exposed nerve making my whole head feel like it's going to explode from the pain and I can't focus at all.

Gonna get this loving tooth removed, grab a dual shock button attachment on my way home, and then rebind the loving run button to somewhere loving usable in the Arkham series so I'm not gripping the controller like a loving crab.

Like I am not an angry person by nature, but exposed nerve + lack of sleep + not being able to rebind controls is pissing me off something fierce

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I said come in! posted:

I wish I can rollback time and just not go to college. Its a waste of time unless you know with 100% certainty the profession you want to go into, and that profession requires certification.

It is if you go in looking at it as some kind of job training program (which, to be fair, is the way that it was framed for an entire generation of kids). Personally it was as much helpful for me to learn what I didn't like and wasn't good at as it was for the things I was.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

e: oops

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm 33 and jerking off is still one of my main areas of interest

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Boy am I glad my wisdom teeth miraculously grew in straight. I’m terrified of dental pain

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cowcaster posted:

i'm 33 and jerking off is still one of my main areas of interest

Green Day told us best. If masturbation's lost its fun, you're loving lazy.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Green Day's always been a terrible band

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

whew, wake me up... when this convo ends!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hatty posted:

Boy am I glad my wisdom teeth miraculously grew in straight. I’m terrified of dental pain

Imagine someone shoving a large needle into your gums, except they're constantly shoving the needle in more and more, and they don't ever stop.

Just incredibly sharp pain focused in one spot constantly.

For hours and hours without rest.

I would legitimately pay someone to knock me unconscious just so I didn't have to feel it anymore.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stay safe :(

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I said come in! posted:

I got lucky when it came to college. I was going for a specialized degree program for computer graphics and computer animation, and half a semester in to doing the prerequisites they stopped offering them, so I dropped out.

Probably a good thing too, in retrospect. My 3D art teacher sucked. Dude didn't know a single thing about Lightwave but got to teach a class on it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Don't wanna be an American vidiot

Don't want playstation, just some Sonic Mania

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FirstAidKite posted:

Don't wanna be an American vidiot

Don't want playstation, just some Sonic Mania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpsbj0OoeNo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was so disappointed that Lana del Rey's song was not actually about Video Games

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was so disappointed that Lana del Rey's song was not actually about Video Games

What about our mod, VideoGames

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Songbearer posted:

Anything that lets you support yourself (and your loved ones if required) and live a happy life without it making you miserable

It took me a long time to realise that a career will do nothing but make you miserable if all you want is a paycheck and a sandwich without your job trampling over your life

i sincerely hope i never become someone whose life is defined by their job, that just sounds soul-sucking

axelblaze posted:

:unsmith:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was just thinking, you know what’s weird? Forms of address that are “Your [positive trait]”, eg “Yes, your majesty”, “Certainly, your grace”, “That’s right, your honour”

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
People love royalty for some reason

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I stopped going to college because I never figured out what I wanted to do. I don’t want to go back until I know and have a plan.

I’m my early thirties now though. Starting to worry a little bit.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

man nurse posted:

I stopped going to college because I never figured out what I wanted to do. I don’t want to go back until I know and have a plan.

I’m my early thirties now though. Starting to worry a little bit.

knucks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Today is FF14 patch day and I am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUlwLBZRgmY

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

axelblaze posted:

on the one hand, kickstarter upper management will begin retaliating against them (well, i say begin but they already fired unionizers in the past)

but on the other much more important hand, unionizing needs to keep happening until the squeezing stops

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

insatiable or the consort of sin

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The 7th Guest posted:

on the one hand, kickstarter upper management will begin retaliating against them (well, i say begin but they already fired unionizers in the past)

They fired individual unionizers, the whole point of a union is that you can't do that any more without blowing up the entire company a la Deadspin.

Which they might just go ahead and do, just to strike against the industry-wide unionization trend.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Straight-up layoffs are too obviously scummy, management's strategy to punish organizers is usually to "reassign" or otherwise make key workers' lives miserable as retaliation without it running into illegal retaliation actions.

Management is currently helped by how useless and captured the NLRB currently is, a non-poo poo executive branch needs to come in and make it a stronger recourse

Cowcaster posted:

insatiable or the consort of sin

Thinking about shirking work to play FF14 so a little of both

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

man nurse posted:

I stopped going to college because I never figured out what I wanted to do. I dont want to go back until I know and have a plan.

Im my early thirties now though. Starting to worry a little bit.

My wife didn't figure it out until her thirties, she's finishing a history degree this semester and I am proud of her

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nothing sinful in shirking work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I knew nothing going into college other than I wanted a cushy IT job. 5 years of military and a degree later nobody talked to me then I used my last drop of money to get security+ and literally an hour after updating my Dice account three recruiters called.

It felt like a secret I had to learn on my own and I want my 7 years back. At least the downtime in the military let me beat like every JRPG released on ps2.