Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Witcher 3 patch happening :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Will buy next sale if there is actual cross save

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

hatty posted:

Will buy next sale if there is actual cross save

there’s a new cloud saves menu with steam and gog.com listed

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Item Getter posted:

Am I right in thinking that Atlus USA probably won't release the Switch version of Yggdra Union in English?

Seems like a good bet they would? It's mostly already translated and good proportion Japanese games get western releases because they sell better here than in Japan.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Seems like a good bet they would? It's mostly already translated and good proportion Japanese games get western releases because they sell better here than in Japan.

It’s not translated on the iOS version so I wouldn’t assume it is.

Also I’m 100% buying the Witcher next time to goes on sale. (Also lol at autocorrect capitalizing Witcher)

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Switcher is really good even without this patch. I’m replaying the main game before doing the dlc for the first time and I’m getting so many more side quests done. Witcher contracts are really easy to knock out in 10-20 minute sessions.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I wish Battleblock Theatre was on the Switch. I initially hated that game and thought it was dumb, but eventually it just clicked and I ended up loving it way more than Castle Crashers (though CC has better music).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/TzVqyp1.mp4
This makes me feel funny.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I'm assuming that's in Japan

Weedle
May 31, 2006

dr.acula posted:

No, that's unsold stock from my store. We're closing and I couldn't liquidate it so it's all going in the crusher!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

dr.acula posted:

Yeah, it's probably a Super Potato location.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Weedle posted:

No, that's unsold stock from my store. We're closing and I couldn't liquidate it so it's all going in the crusher!

I don't think that's how stores work, but I love anal. I mean ianal.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That makes me wonder where all the systems I've traded in or lost are right now. Like my N64 that my sister brought to college and then sold for weed money, I wonder if it still works, and if all the games are still together. Or my original GBA SP I forgot at my old house when we moved, The realtor probably tossed it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Warface is pretty fun. I guess it’s the closest thing we’ll get to a COD game.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

There's another great addition in the Witcher 3 update that I've not seen mentioned a lot - they also added touchscreen support for the inventory and map.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Somewhat disappointed that the new Cooking Mama isn't the big jump forward for the franchise we were all hoping for.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Weedle posted:

Are you asking people online to buy it?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

jackhunter64 posted:

There's another great addition in the Witcher 3 update that I've not seen mentioned a lot - they also added touchscreen support for the inventory and map.

Fabulous. I've wanted that too.

I wonder how cross saves will work with modded Witcher on PC - most most (e.g., automatically applying oils) I assume would be no problem, but I'd hate to find I did something on PC that permanently breaks the ability to load the file on Switch.

I guess I'll just be careful with the mods and avoid any big overhauls.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jackhunter64 posted:

I wonder how the cross save works if your PC version is modded?

If I play on Switch and get a sword down to 10 durability, load it up on PC to bump it to 999, will that carry back over to Switch?

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
After a year of playing Dead Cells regularly, I finally beat the hand of the king on 5 cells difficulty and got to the bonus level... which I promptly died on trying to get a blueprint in a secret area. Argh. Here's to a couple more weeks of beating my head against a wall for another shot at it.

Love this game. The new DLC is fun too.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I just realized my MOBA question from last night will be completely moot the moment Warframe gets cross-save with the PS4 and I can just transfer my account over :getin:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I'll take an n64 or two off your hands

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The word on mod compatibility is 'at your own risk', apparently.

https://thewitcher.com/en/news/31954/new-switcher-update-available-now

quote:

While transferring saves from PC, please keep in mind:
Mod-related bugs and blockers might get transferred from a modded PC game save file.
If the save file name has been changed on PC, the Switch’s Cloud Save feature won't be able to recognize it.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

jackhunter64 posted:

The word on mod compatibility is 'at your own risk', apparently.

Fair enough.

Now they simply need to support mods on Switch! :getin:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

alf_pogs posted:

yeah thats a straight up gorgeous colour

True. But release some sort of purple (or a Zelda themed one) and I buy it Day 1.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

I bought one of these off ebay years ago, it was like £10 cheaper than any other micro on offer at the time, which ruled because its a really nice colour.

Oh interesting, i'd say that's closer to the Game-Boy berry color but def qualifies

Just makes me wonder if they'll continue 2 follow trend and make a 2020 Pantone dark blue switch at some point.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

LionArcher posted:

True. But release some sort of purple (or a Zelda themed one) and I buy it Day 1.

100% would buy a purple switch.

I already shelled out $80 for the neon purple and orange Joycon set. Hell if they did a classic style green/brown/gold switch for Zelda I'd consider buying it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1229888341769744385

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

in my opinion they should do a general direct instead. just my opinion

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah obviously I'd rather have a regular direct and just go into AC blind. It's not like I'm on the fence about it or anything. But hey, a direct is a direct.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm excited, for the Animal Crossing direct!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

And Mario Maker 2 gets no new info about updates.

C'mon, Nintendo :ohdear:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
MM2 sold well below their expectations :( so they probably scaled back their plans for updates on it (although I'm sure we'll still get the SMB2 theme DLC this spring).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Animal Crossing is the only Nintendo thing I care about right now. Very excited.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

American McGay posted:

Yeah obviously I'd rather have a regular direct and just go into AC blind. It's not like I'm on the fence about it or anything. But hey, a direct is a direct.

But what would else would they talk about in a general Direct? Animal Crossing is the only upcoming Nintendo game.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Gripweed posted:

But what would else would they talk about in a general Direct? Animal Crossing is the only upcoming Nintendo game.

45 minutes of zelda

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

Previously unannounced upcoming Nintendo games.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They never really talk about games in more than one direct anyway. Those games get their own directs.

General Nintendo directs are always for announcing and talking about new games, and hell, that's why people like them so much.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Meanwhile Sony over here stretching Spider-Man and Ghosts of Tsushima into a 6 years worth of presentations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

American McGay posted:

Previously unannounced upcoming Nintendo games.

What makes you think they have any, they haven't announced anything about that.