Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

hahaha I love this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I love to "spread" money all over the place too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

LOCK HIM UP

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
lmao bloomberg would win 2 states max

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

those trump tweets are brilliant

also enjoyed this in the replies

https://twitter.com/CarpeDonktum/status/1229872425627738115?s=19

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

its me, im the foundation of hate

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

FistEnergy posted:

lmao bloomberg would win 2 states max

Bloomberg needs a miracle to win the delegate majority in more than FL and VA. :berned:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Yinlock posted:

its me, im the foundation of hate

badass band name

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Primary Trump is his most powerful form

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:
Does anyone buy the idea that TRUMO is boosting Bernie and attacking Bloomberg because Trump's afraid to run against him and wants to run against Bernie?

I mean the easy response is "look how well pied piper poo poo worked for Hillary" but how is that narrative playing with random low-information people?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Honestly I'm just really curious and nervous to see how powerful money really is in a Democratic primary. Bloomberg's probably setting up to let loose a barrage of negative ads on Bernie to go along with the saturation of ads he already has out there. Those have more reach than debates, Twitter threads, anything like that. And mainstream media's just going to go right along with whatever Bloomberg wants.

It's like a direct battle between money and organizing.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Limerick posted:

Does anyone buy the idea that TRUMO is boosting Bernie and attacking Bloomberg because Trump's afraid to run against him and wants to run against Bernie?

I mean the easy response is "look how well pied piper poo poo worked for Hillary" but how is that narrative playing with random low-information people?

Trump thinks Bernie is the easiest person to beat because he thinks he can just say "heh soclism amirite" because that's the words that make Levin, Hannity, an Limbaugh cum on demand

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Limerick posted:

There's plenty of it on Twitter, though who knows how representative that is. The general take on Twitter from liberals seems to be exactly that: Trump's attacking Bloomberg because he fears him and boosting Bernie because he can easily beat him, so we have to nominate Bloomberg.

Leftists push back on it but the online libs have already fully bought into the idea that we need to nominate whoever they've been told Trump is scared of so :shrug:

No idea if that idea has any traction outside of Twitter though.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

Honestly I'm just really curious and nervous to see how powerful money really is in a Democratic primary. Bloomberg's probably setting up to let loose a barrage of negative ads on Bernie to go along with the saturation of ads he already has out there. Those have more reach than debates, Twitter threads, anything like that. And mainstream media's just going to go right along with whatever Bloomberg wants.

It's like a direct battle between money and organizing.

he's already been doing the barrage of negative ads and most of them are just "look at how fuckin cool bernie is"

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

zegermans posted:

Trump thinks Bernie is the easiest person to beat because he thinks he can just say "heh soclism amirite" because that's the words that make Levin, Hannity, an Limbaugh cum on demand

It will work with a segment of low-info age 45+ voters...but that's why you gotta get out and encourage younger folks to vote

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Harrow posted:

Christ there are a lot of Bloomberg stans out on Twitter today

I feel like people supporting Bloomberg is the side effect of something Chris Hayes talked about last week, where a ton of voters have been scared shitless of Trump by the media and are more interested in supporting someone who, in their opinion, "can beat Trump" rather than someone with policies they like. Bloomberg has spent a shitload of money convincing people he's the guy Trump's scared of, he's the guy who can take it directly to Trump, and he's moderate enough that "real America" will vote for him, and cable news is following right along. So now he has this army of dumb liberals going, "He's our guy! He can win and that's all that matters!"

It's loving maddening.

You can also assume that any account stanning Bloomberg with more than 1000-2000 followers is also paid off even if they don’t have a blue check.

There was reports about Bloomberg dropping cash on influencers on social media platforms. I’ve asked a few on Twitter if they’re being paid to promote Mike and the response is always deafening silence.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Trump is secret Bernie bro and has had enough of this real job bullshit

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Louisgod posted:

badass band name

*flips through "hate" crate*

hmm we got legion of hate, cult of hate, circus of hate, existence of hate, legacy of hate, empire of hate, throne of hate, chapter of hate, kingdom of hate, era of hate, ministry of hate, cauldron of hate, product of hate, system of hate, entity of hate... mmmm, no foundation though. sorry

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RasperFat posted:

You can also assume that any account stanning Bloomberg with more than 1000-2000 followers is also paid off even if they don’t have a blue check.

There was reports about Bloomberg dropping cash on influencers on social media platforms. I’ve asked a few on Twitter if they’re being paid to promote Mike and the response is always deafening silence.

Oh sure, but I've seen plenty of otherwise normal-looking white liberal accounts stanning Bloomberg, too. They're probably all just following the leader on the paid-off influences/pundits but still.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it didn't need to be airtight, it just needed to be enough to sow dissent in the ranks that she could later capitalize on. And initially there were a good number of low-info types willing to go along with it, until she failed to commit to the delivery. If she'd dropped it like a week before Iowa and really stuck to her guns that that's what he said that would've probably been her best shot at getting a bite of Sanders, given her total inability/unwillingness to make a better policy offer.

they also sort of needed Bernie himself to be deferential, so when he just straight up said, "nah, never happened" and other women talked about how he encouraged them to run and also he encouraged Liz to run in 2016 it sort of didn't leave them a lot of room to maneuver

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Trump is a messy bitch who cannot resist getting in on the Twitter drama.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

thank you mr president!

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004

Harrow posted:

Christ there are a lot of Bloomberg stans out on Twitter today

I feel like people supporting Bloomberg is the side effect of something Chris Hayes talked about last week, where a ton of voters have been scared shitless of Trump by the media and are more interested in supporting someone who, in their opinion, "can beat Trump" rather than someone with policies they like. Bloomberg has spent a shitload of money convincing people he's the guy Trump's scared of, he's the guy who can take it directly to Trump, and he's moderate enough that "real America" will vote for him, and cable news is following right along. So now he has this army of dumb liberals going, "He's our guy! He can win and that's all that matters!"

It's loving maddening.

To me it seems as if it's a mindset stuck in 2016, like thinking somehow Trump is going to suddenly act insecure in some magically disqualifying way about his own wealth in comparison to a Real Billionaire. The truth is that he thrives off of and built his entire brand by being able to compare and contrast with people who look down on him and I'd argue it would only help go motivate his base for a wealthy elite to act like Trump isn't apart of the club.

The whole concept of "But Trump Isn't Truly Rich and Powerful Like Mike Bloomberg" falls apart completely with Trump as President being able to keep the entirety of the Republican party in line to protect him for the past 4 years.

lol

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trump also hates the Democrat party way more than he hates bernie

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/danielmarans/status/1229879343561633793?s=20

Bernie is un-disavowing his supporters and saying that the posting wars are back on!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gh0stpinballa posted:

those trump tweets are brilliant

also enjoyed this in the replies

https://twitter.com/CarpeDonktum/status/1229872425627738115?s=19

lol

https://twitter.com/CarpeDonktum/status/1229874715780616192

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
at least trump annihilating Bloomberg will be a consolation prize if he steals the nomination

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Harrow posted:

Oh sure, but I've seen plenty of otherwise normal-looking white liberal accounts stanning Bloomberg, too. They're probably all just following the leader on the paid-off influences/pundits but still.

Its a dangerous combo. Buying the media narrative and then getting swarms of “normal” people to confirm it will probably work way better than just the elite pundits which most Americans already disdain.

Thanks for breaking our media and democracy even more Bloomberg!

The good news is is online leftists have a pretty great track record this election of wrecking all the sociopathic political sell outs pulling this poo poo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Limerick posted:

Trump understands that a chaotic primary is better gor him. Part of the problem is that it doesn't appear to be a chaotic primary yet. Iowa was a dumb mess, but New Hamshire was a clear victory and Nevada will probably be one as well. South Carolina will probably be a clear victory given his momentum, too. Bloomberg is kind of hosed because he is the perfect foil for Sanders.

Basically, it feels chaotic due to the clowncar effect, but voting doesn't really reflect this and delegate count is irrelevant this early on. Predictions that Bloomberg will net 300 something delegates going forward are really optimistic, too. He is getting hammered and at least Sanders will attack him, even if Warren is too useless.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Nothus posted:

Trump is a messy bitch who cannot resist getting in on the Twitter drama.

:lol: that's our Trump

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

When he's right he's right

In other news,
https://twitter.com/shujaxhaider/status/1229879764095315969

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 22:42 on Feb 18, 2020

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Limerick posted:

I like the "It's too bad! She was the one I was afraid of!" jokes he made for a while whenever somebody at Gillibrand's level dropped out

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Talked to a new coworker who is pretty left-wing but supports Warren over Bernie. He hates butt gig, bloomberg and biden tho.

I think he's in some denial because he doesn't think Liz's 4th/4th results were that bad. I told him she'll be out by the end of March. Looking forward to gloating later.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i truly do think that if bloomberg wins the nom it will effectively be the end of whatever remains of democracy in the US. it's basically over.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I want to live in the world where Bernie wins but I'd love to visit the world where any of these other jokers have the nomination and go up against trump lmfao

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mr_Moose posted:

To me it seems as if it's a mindset stuck in 2016, like thinking somehow Trump is going to suddenly act insecure in some magically disqualifying way about his own wealth in comparison to a Real Billionaire. The truth is that he thrives off of and built his entire brand by being able to compare and contrast with people who look down on him and I'd argue it would only help go motivate his base for a wealthy elite to act like Trump isn't apart of the club.

The whole concept of "But Trump Isn't Truly Rich and Powerful Like Mike Bloomberg" falls apart completely with Trump as President being able to keep the entirety of the Republican party in line to protect him for the past 4 years.

Yeah it's this weird pre-2016 succ mindset combined with 2016 election trauma. They fear Trump winning again, but can't wrap their heads around the idea that he won because people wanted change, not the status quo. They want to run on "remember when we white liberals could pretend everything was cool and good" + "Trump bad, let's make fun of bad Trump man" and win, and see nominating someone promising actual change as an unacceptable risk.

They've been convinced that Bloomberg is the one who can credibly make the "Trump isn't even a real billionaire!" attack which, like, yeah, but also that attack won't do poo poo because nobody gives a gently caress. That's the part they're not reaching.

Bloomberg is the perfect candidate for the kind of person who thinks Pelosi ripping up the speech is a brave act of #resistance, basically.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Trump is secret Bernie bro and has had enough of this real job bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

He's loving right and I hate it.:barf: