Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Weedle posted:

oh my god their candidate is known for pretending to be native and they still had no loving idea about any of this ahahahaha they're so loving clueless i cannot believe this poo poo

the Smart candidate for Smart people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

gh0stpinballa posted:

https://twitter.com/SarcasmStardust/status/1229840970516254720?s=19

it is pretty funny how frum's ruthless modern army has spent this week making GBS threads itself and crying to the mods. very scary!

Noted Iraq War proponent talks about how wars against entrenched asymmetric adversaries are cakewalks

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the hilarious thing about Bloomberg is even if he beat Trump (he wouldn't) Trump would just run again and beat Bloomberg in the following election, repeat ad nauseum

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

RaySmuckles posted:

i wonder if the whole "stop erasing warren" thing is more about "how can we give her the presidency as the compromise candidate if the media isn't still propping her up?"

She's pretty transparently working the refs, trying to get some free media by appealing to their inborn decorum, and it seems to be working at least a little, if you count them covering her whining.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

eric ciaramella posted:

nitrogen shortages?

fun fact, there was a somewhat serious belief that a nuclear blast would have been enough of a kinetic kick in the nuts to trigger a nitrogen/oxygen fire in the entire atmosphere, but it didn't happen

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

nice

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

hmmm seems like obama could clear this up very quickly and easily :thunk:

https://twitter.com/ZerlinaMaxwell/status/1229471694324146181

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Joementum posted:

well everyone, i believe we've done it. we've achieved Peak Succ. :bravo:

not yet even succed all the way to the back

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

drat, turns out Liz just loves blaming supporters, even her own!

AngryBooch has issued a correction as of 21:49 on Feb 18, 2020

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

https://twitter.com/_curlytrill/status/1229861107852042240

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Joementum posted:

succ energy off the charts here

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Remember when Warren tried to give some sort of showstopping speech at a debate but kept just talking about how many 'selfies' she's done

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

Remember when Warren tried to give some sort of showstopping speech at a debate but kept just talking about how many 'selfies' she's done

was that when the audience laughed at her for it

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

It's interesting to see Bloomberg beating Biden at saying "If you want Obama's third term" by ramping up that constant association and falsely implied endorsement to 11. I want to see a centrist say "Actually, Obama endorsed me in private" just to see what happens. It'd probably be Pete Buttigieg

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Joementum posted:

i'm not sure voting for hitler is "bob ross energy"

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

So is Warren now attacking Bernie's supporters to court Bernie's supporters? Trying to bully them by complaining how good they are at bullying?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

anecdotal: I've heard this same thing from other succ dems in the wild. Apparently that ad (or at least the TV version of it) is pretty transparent and people don't like it.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Dolphin posted:

i just did a Google search and apparently actual guillotines were significantly less polite than what i imagined

:stare:

in the 2020s, Americans used 600pg calculus textbooks (revised edition) and sacks of acagawea dollars

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/_curlytrill/status/1229861107852042240

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Warren has captured the exact slice of Clinton's base that thought this was a good idea, and she has no room to grow outside of that because everyone else loving hates it. the sensibilities of that crowd just do not overlap with anyone else's.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

Donald Trump: "Healthcare is so cheap under me"

Media: "Sounds okay to us"

Bernie: "This person paid 3000 dollars for a tylenol"

Media: "THE BILL WAS FOR 2999.95 YOU loving PIECE OF poo poo GO gently caress YOURSELF AGHHGHGHGHGHGHGH"

This is great, but it usually ends up being more like:

Media: "The bill was actually $3,284.95, but $285 of that was due to CA sales tax. The gross price of the prescription was $2,999.95, so if a patient were purchasing the pills in Oregon where there is no sales tax, they would pay less than $3,000. 5 Pinocchios."

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Something Awful for VP or Chief of Cyber ???

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:
Warren's going to look pretty stupid when Bernie wins and she doesn't get a spot in the administration.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Limerick posted:

Warren's going to look pretty stupid when Bernie wins and she doesn't get a spot in the administration.

The joke's on us. We have to wait until 2024 to primary her.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Weedle posted:

she absolutely isn't lol she pivoted to sensible unity centrist #5 as soon as the nh results came in. she and everyone around her knows the campaign is toast and if she were actually committed to progressive policy like she used to pretend to be she would drop out and back sanders because he has the best chance of implementing the stuff she claims to care about. instead she's standing in a whole foods lamenting the haters and trolls

nope she is, she’s trying to thread the needle as the progressive plan maker versus pie in the Sky Bernie.

it’s why she doesn’t attack Bernie on policy because it’s bad optics for her

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Euphoriaphone posted:

This is great, but it usually ends up being more like:

Media: "The bill was actually $3,284.95, but $285 of that was due to CA sales tax. The gross price of the prescription was $2,999.95, so if a patient were purchasing the pills in Oregon where there is no sales tax, they would pay less than $3,000. 5 Pinocchios."

remember the one where bernie said that millions of people are forced to work two jobs in this awful economy, and the billionaire scion of the shell corporation said that actually it's only like 8 million people in america that do that. 3 pinocchios.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joementum posted:

don't doxx dnd posters

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

NotWearingPants posted:

and it'll probably be the latest creature belched from the kennedy cloning compound that does it

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

NotWearingPants posted:

That's a shame because I thought her last election was in 2016 for some reason. :sigh:

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Warren's getting all her ideas from the campaign staffers she picked up from Kamala, Gillibrand, Beto, and Booker, it's as simple as that. It just goes to show that hiring campaign staff based on who the media would like is foolish.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I would be genuinely unsurprised if Obama did end up endorsing Bloomberg.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Shageletic posted:

A really solution to this is joining the campaign in some capacity.

Since I have I've gone completely zen on this poo poo, because Sanders got this.

listen to this poster

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

big chow energy!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Christ there are a lot of Bloomberg stans out on Twitter today

I feel like people supporting Bloomberg is the side effect of something Chris Hayes talked about last week, where a ton of voters have been scared shitless of Trump by the media and are more interested in supporting someone who, in their opinion, "can beat Trump" rather than someone with policies they like. Bloomberg has spent a shitload of money convincing people he's the guy Trump's scared of, he's the guy who can take it directly to Trump, and he's moderate enough that "real America" will vote for him, and cable news is following right along. So now he has this army of dumb liberals going, "He's our guy! He can win and that's all that matters!"

It's loving maddening.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Warren has captured the exact slice of Clinton's base that thought this was a good idea, and she has no room to grow outside of that because everyone else loving hates it. the sensibilities of that crowd just do not overlap with anyone else's.

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1229871184193282048?s=19

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

it's safe to say he has paid off any journalist tweeting in defence of him, and lists should be drawn up, trials should be arranged, verdicts rendered.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Not sure Donny is the one to complain about payoffs but lol

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Harrow posted:

Christ there are a lot of Bloomberg stans out on Twitter today

I feel like people supporting Bloomberg is the side effect of something Chris Hayes talked about last week, where a ton of voters have been scared shitless of Trump by the media and are more interested in supporting someone who, in their opinion, "can beat Trump" rather than someone with policies they like. Bloomberg has spent a shitload of money convincing people he's the guy Trump's scared of, he's the guy who can take it directly to Trump, and he's moderate enough that "real America" will vote for him, and cable news is following right along. So now he has this army of dumb liberals going, "He's our guy! He can win and that's all that matters!"

It's loving maddening.

any time you think this, remind yourself that they're being paid to post, and paid posting online is not a replacement for GOTV

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

just lol that anyone honestly thinks bloomberg can win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/BernieOrElse/status/1229873634732335104

owns