Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

And then Deku would be punched in the deku seeds again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Really? Deku Nuts was right there.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

How many bones would he break to befriend the most tragic child though?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

PMush Perfect posted:

Really? Deku Nuts was right there.

Something something size joke

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Right in the Dicku.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
His Deku Tree ain't so great no more.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dub trailer for Heroes Rising:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A-6qcgExA4

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Technowolf posted:

Dub trailer for Heroes Rising:

Keep in mind this movie's set a several story arcs ahead of where the anime is right now and apparently contains spoilers for non-manga-readers.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I'm a non manga reader and there was nothing in there that looked spoiler-y to me.

Edit: at least as far as the trailer goes.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pakled posted:

Keep in mind this movie's set a several story arcs ahead of where the anime is right now and apparently contains spoilers for non-manga-readers.

Is it ahead of the English manga or just the anime?

SolarFire2 posted:

I'm a non manga reader and there was nothing in there that looked spoiler-y to me.

Edit: at least as far as the trailer goes.

It's just a few seconds but there is something spoilery.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Technowolf posted:

It's just a few seconds but there is something spoilery.

If you're talking about Hawks I don't really think that counts. If I'm putting spoilers around the first thing I suppose I should for this, too: I don't think there's anything special about his manga introduction.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Well there's a character who pops up in that trailer who we won't officially meet until the arc right after this one.

From what I've heard from people who have seen it in Japan, the movie isn't that spoilery, but just know ahead of time that it might have some stuff that hasn't shown up in the anime yet.

Technowolf posted:

Is it ahead of the English manga or just the anime?

Counting the current arc, the movie is about 4 arcs ahead of where the anime is.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 19, 2020

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Did the plot thread of one of the students being a spy for the League of Villains just get dropped or did that get resolved and I don't remember it?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

The plotline with Aoyama was supposed to trick you into suspecting he's the traitor, only to turn it around to him being just kind of a wierdo (but also, what was that odd look afterwards???).

It didn't work as well without the solid week of freaking out that the manga readers got.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
If I remember correctly, this was the point where someone reminded him about the Traitor subplot as he had forgotten about it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

If I remember correctly, this was the point where someone reminded him about the Traitor subplot as he had forgotten about it.

That never actually happened.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

A little while ago I came across somebody I think dismissing the fanbase being mad at Bakugo's mom for being abusive? I'm guessing the idea Bakugo Mom beat her son comes from Bakugo saying "that's how my mom raised me" after considering hanging the kids from a tree and beating them?

I'm not sure how literally or seriously we're supposed to take that. I wouldn't have given it a second thought if not for the fact there are apparently fans who dislike his mom.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
there are worse things you could do in life than ignore every single line of the MHA Discourse

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Nephthys posted:

(but also, what was that odd look afterwards???).

aoyama's a weirdo

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Are Koda and Sato FINALLY going to do something?

And it's in a movie?!

HOORAY!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anytime any of the other classmates do something the movie ends with Deku waking up and it turns out to have been all a dream.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Can Sato do literally anything that Deku can’t do with his current control of One for All?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Can Sato do literally anything that Deku can’t do with his current control of One for All?

bake

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

He’s also significantly bigger and stronger in situations where powers are inappropriate or impossible to use, and his upper strength limit likely exceeds Deku’s Maximum safe use limit, even if Deku can just break his own body to go beyond that.

Also probably more able to take a beating and keep going.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just wait until the school's annual bake off then we'll see Sato's true power.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Sato is going to have his breakthrough moment when Lunch Rush goes rogue.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

He’s also significantly bigger and stronger in situations where powers are inappropriate or impossible to use, and his upper strength limit likely exceeds Deku’s Maximum safe use limit, even if Deku can just break his own body to go beyond that.

Also probably more able to take a beating and keep going.

Considering Deku keeps fighting with pretty much every bone in his body broken as a default, I'd bet against this one.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Sato gets stronger with the more sugar he eats, but it also makes him dumber. So, at this time, he might be able to hit harder than Deku safely can, but he'd probably have to get very dumb in order to do so.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Wait, he gets dumber too? So two students in the top UA heroes program has superpowers that make them stupid? Weird.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I don't think he gets dumber, he just has a sugar crash and gets sleepy and lethargic afterward.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

A little while ago I came across somebody I think dismissing the fanbase being mad at Bakugo's mom for being abusive? I'm guessing the idea Bakugo Mom beat her son comes from Bakugo saying "that's how my mom raised me" after considering hanging the kids from a tree and beating them?

I'm not sure how literally or seriously we're supposed to take that. I wouldn't have given it a second thought if not for the fact there are apparently fans who dislike his mom.

IIRC she also hit him while explaining that she has no idea why her son is such a violent maniac in the episode she was introduced so I think it's text.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mirage posted:

I don't think he gets dumber, he just has a sugar crash and gets sleepy and lethargic afterward.

According to the wiki it "causes cognitive functions to gradually drop, decreasing his intelligence and causing lethargy in the process."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Right, because what Sato needed was a nerf.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

One day Sato will succeed at something.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Look man, just because he's only pretty strong instead of mega strong doesn't mean he still doesn't have his uses. For every All Might, there's a dozen Death Arms out there putting in the work.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Look man, just because he's only pretty strong instead of mega strong doesn't mean he still doesn't have his uses. For every All Might, there's a dozen Death Arms out there putting in the work.

True someone needs to be the mumen rider of this series.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Considering that there are probably heroes on every continent with similar powers, there are probably dozens, maybe even hundreds of Endeavor-likes and Denki-likes and Hawks-likes out there.

Some Quirks work similar enough to each other to be basically the same.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I think we've had it pointed out before that Fire Quirks are some of the most common and Electricity Quirks are not only rare but highly valued outside of the Hero Industry in general.

chiasaur11 posted:

Considering Deku keeps fighting with pretty much every bone in his body broken as a default, I'd bet against this one.

He does that to himself, it's not damage applied by his enemies. Sato also just, is bigger and therefore generally sturdier (outside Deku's absurd willpower).

Mostly he's probably just a better muscle than Izuku is, because Izuku works as a glass cannon for now, whereas Sato is probably a pretty effective long term tank. Provided he had a steady supply of sugar to keep his strength/toughness up. Basically he'd do better in a longer fight at a higher level of strength, but Izuku just flat out can reach impossible strength levels for anyone else at the cost of breaking his own body to do it.

Sato is definitely top of the list of characters likely to be swapped out if we ever get a class shake-up (either through death or school year changes).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/AScrubForHire/status/1230333319415386112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Lord_Magmar posted:

Mostly he's probably just a better muscle than Izuku is, because Izuku works as a glass cannon for now,

Calling Midoriya by his first name always throws me, because no-one calls him that in the show. It trips me up when reading in this thread because I’m always ‘which one is Izuku again?’