Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Eddy was famously very shy and withdrawn in the late 90s and early 2000s, this isn't stupid at all. He himself admitted it.

Not what Bryan's saying though. I suppose if you're generous, he's saying Eddie didn't figure everything out until WCW, which I guess you could maybe argue that in AAA and NJPW a lot of the work was done by the accoutrements (the stars and stripes gear and Art being a shithead on as well as off camera in Mexico and the Black Tiger mask in Japan). Bryan's not saying he had a crisis of confidence in 1998. He's saying he didn't have charisma until 1996.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

On the other hand watch the promo where Eddy unveils the Latino World Order and compare that to anything from his 2004 run. The difference in confidence is otherworldly.

Like you can say that’s down to the quality of the angles but by the time he was in his late 30s Eddy was able to get the Custody of Dominick storyline over, he had really ascended to another level.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Pinche Rudo posted:

Mike Kurtz is your average American. Your average American is barely literate. They can't form a sentence longer than 10 words.

No. Gross. Idiot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

On the other hand watch the promo where Eddy unveils the Latino World Order and compare that to anything from his 2004 run. The difference in confidence is otherworldly.

Like you can say that’s down to the quality of the angles but by the time he was in his late 30s Eddy was able to get the Custody of Dominick storyline over, he had really ascended to another level.

But the other side of that is, is Alvarez claiming that Angel Garza now is as good as Eddie at his peak? I assume not, I assume he was just making a really bad comparison forgetting how good Eddie actually was in his Los Gringos Locos or even Filthy Animals days.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Short sentences. They are off putting. Why use them? They rule. I love it. Keep posting his tweets.

Great point! Americans no need use many word! Double plus good small fragments! Europe with big sentence, no wit :sad:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Great point! Americans no need use many word! Double plus good small fragments! Europe with big sentence, no wit :sad:

why say many word when few word do trick

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Not what Bryan's saying though. I suppose if you're generous, he's saying Eddie didn't figure everything out until WCW, which I guess you could maybe argue that in AAA and NJPW a lot of the work was done by the accoutrements (the stars and stripes gear and Art being a shithead on as well as off camera in Mexico and the Black Tiger mask in Japan). Bryan's not saying he had a crisis of confidence in 1998. He's saying he didn't have charisma until 1996.

What Bryan is saying is a rephrasing of what Dave says, which is that it is tragic Eddy didn't develop that charisma until his body was breaking down. This isn't something he just arrived at on his own it came from talking to Eddy to and how Eddy felt about his career.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Also the Vincels are mad about the Tanahashi/Okada joke on Blackish

https://twitter.com/VcrWrestling/status/1229932703438471169

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

do not quote these chucklefucks, screengrab them and deny them oxygen

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oh but seriously I posted:

do not quote these chucklefucks, screengrab them and deny them oxygen

This forum is really good at not tapping the glass.

Which is wild because this website used to be about tapping the glass as much as possible.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

This forum is really good at not tapping the glass.

Which is wild because this website used to be about tapping the glass as much as possible.

The era before robocall bomb threats, halcyon days.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

every time I see VCR I gotta remind myself that guy has a kid

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not tapping the glass with dopes like VCR is really, really hard.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

every time I see VCR I gotta remind myself that guy has a kid

:stare:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/GesusKriest/status/1230205758924566530?s=19

Dave has talked in depth about the XFL since it was announced, and he had a big segment on WOR after the first week talking about what a success it was. This is removed from reality

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

https://twitter.com/GesusKriest/status/1230205758924566530?s=19

Dave has talked in depth about the XFL since it was announced, and he had a big segment on WOR after the first week talking about what a success it was. This is removed from reality

Didn't he cover it the first time too, hence the term "worked handoff"?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

vinny is a big football man and has another job about it so i think it just came from there. Could be wrong about that though. but dave did cover xfl1

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Didn't he cover it the first time too, hence the term "worked handoff"?

Worked handoff is a Bryan thing from the one time he watched a Seahawks game. But yes he covered it the first time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

feeling scared and i want to bring up something bothering me. i didn't mean that vinny said the thing, in my post earlier. Just that i thought they talked about it due to his influence. Please don't think i thought that. I only thought slightly wrong

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Worked handoff is a Bryan thing from the one time he watched a Seahawks game. But yes he covered it the first time.

I need the date for Worked Handoff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MJeff posted:

I need the date for Worked Handoff.

It was from the Super Bowl so whatever date the Seahawks were last in that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Endless Mike posted:

It was from the Super Bowl so whatever date the Seahawks were last in that

Does he make Pete Caroll geek of the week for not running the stupid ball?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
????

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1230219021406081024?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

asking for help i believe

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Must have seen a mirror lmao

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Hopefully it's Vince and/or HHH.

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 20, 2020

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sounds like this Twitter user is going through something. Maybe they should ask their employer for advice and/or help.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

we have a whole thread for if you just cannot resist giving rovert attention

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Pinche Rudo posted:

Does this go here? Because this is loving dumb as hell. Eddie was one of the hottest heels in the world when he was in Los Gringos Locos and he was younger than Garza.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1229594846832123904?s=19
I'm trying to figure out when year he's saying Eddy developed that level of charisma in.

1997 WCW heel turn was a decade in like Angel is now, so that doesn't work because the comparison is pointless.

If he means a decade on American TV before breaking through in WWE...maybe? He starts on WCW TV in 1995 and his big breakthrough in WWE was 2003 so...close enough...maybe?

The latter makes more sense but if that's what he means, it's still stated oddly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

I'm trying to figure out when year he's saying Eddy developed that level of charisma in.

1997 WCW heel turn was a decade in like Angel is now, so that doesn't work because the comparison is pointless.

If he means a decade on American TV before breaking through in WWE...maybe? He starts on WCW TV in 1995 and his big breakthrough in WWE was 2003 so...close enough...maybe?

The latter makes more sense but if that's what he means, it's still stated oddly.

Assume he means breaking through in WWE because that's the period Dave talks about the irony of him developing incredible charisma right when his body broke down. The timeline doesn't make sense because hey it's Bryan.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

do stupid wrestling promotions go here

https://twitter.com/EliteCWrestling/status/1226893434289557505

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I mean, I think I know why I'm asking this, but what in the gently caress is Elite Championship Wrestling

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Please tell me that's the guy who didn't want to put up posters

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you create a social media account for your business you'd better show the proper respect and not use it to keep people updated or engaged that much

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

I mean, I think I know why I'm asking this, but what in the gently caress is Elite Championship Wrestling

You'll have to go to one of their events to find out

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Neodoomium posted:

I hope we can all agree that they named their fed that just for the hope of fans chanting "E C W!" at shows.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/EliteCWrestling/status/1224487811040129024?s=20

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Dangerous Person posted:

Please tell me that's the guy who didn't want to put up posters

For those who missed it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747537

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

I'm sad that it's not him but happy to have a new dumb fed to read about