Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

putting a bunch toward dealing with some credit card debt kicking around from the holidays so I can finally feel like i'm not under it all the time and the rest in savings. was considering getting a VR setup but I don't think I would use it enough to justify dropping upwards of $1k on one.

Yo pay off your CC asap the interest on those things is killer and way more than you will make on any savings account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This was one of my favorite Sega Genesis games. I really want this on Switch Online.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i didnt like the fantastic mr fox

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i loving loved Starship Titanic

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

now it is time for the nice games of this past generation, here are the metacritic 69s for PS4, Wii U/Switch and Xbox One

Mad Max
Knack 2
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Sea of Thieves
Star Fox Zero
Nintendo LABO Vehicle Kit
Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
Tower of Guns
God Eater 2
Snake Pass
Dragon Ball: Xenoverse
Sea of Solitude
Exist Archive
Deception IV
Oninaki
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
Livelock
Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
Song of the Deep
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends
Absolver
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games 2020

looking forward to the many nice games to come on PS5/Xbox Sex/Switch Pro 4U

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want there to be a new Starship Troopers video game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

i loving loved Starship Titanic

The cousins with cannibalism bird was an annoying dude, but like, thats the Douglas Adams gaming oeuvre

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Jay Rust posted:

I was just thinking, you know what’s weird? Forms of address that are “Your [positive trait]”, eg “Yes, your majesty”, “Certainly, your grace”, “That’s right, your honour”

University rectors around here are to be legally referred to as "his magnificence" which I hate so much. Like gently caress, we're basically a theocracy and bishops only get "excellency" in comparison

also they dress in a very stupid way

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The 7th Guest posted:

now it is time for the nice games of this past generation, here are the metacritic 69s for PS4, Wii U/Switch and Xbox One

Knack 2

:perfect:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This whole thing about Wes AndersonSoWhite bugs me when, like Kumar Pallana was like in all of his films and usually one of the best characters in them

"I dunno man, I lost it"
"Did you even have it to begin with???"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm about to smoke a lot of weed and play The Outer Wilds for the first time

I am stoked!!!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Looking at the way Sony have treated the movies... maybe no.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh my god the title screen music for Outer Wilds is so good

It sounds a LOT like Mogwai, but with banjos

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Looking at the way Sony have treated the movies... maybe no.

true. I just like the original movie.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

true. I just like the original movie.

The original movie is good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

What is the most Wes Anderson video game?

The Cave? Maybe.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't see why a decent studio couldn't get their hands on the IP and make something great. If Alien can have Isolation despite the last four films with the Alien name being dogshit (Prometheus is good and doesn't have the Alien name) then any movie franchise can have a great game.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've been playing a heavily modded darkest dungeon campaign and I moved onto shadowrun Hong Kong after finishing dragonfall and:

1) it was a mistake to leave these two shadowrun games on my backlog for so long

2) hot drat I loving love tactics games. After I finish HK I'm probably gonna start another heavily modded Xcom 2 campaign

Everyone post about your favorite tactics game whatever that means to you

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The original movie is good.

3 is actually great though, it's literally a whole "Would You Like To Know More" segment about war propaganda.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Relax Or DIE posted:

Everyone post about your favorite tactics game whatever that means to you
i don't know if i have a favorite (that'd be a long list), but the one that takes up the biggest part of my heart would have to be ffta

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I only know shadow tactics which was v good

I think they have a cowboys one coming out this year

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I did not get a chance to post my thread because I was busy putting furniture together.
If it was financially feasible, I would start a 'putting furniture together' business because I love assembling things.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

VideoGames posted:

I did not get a chance to post my thread because I was busy putting furniture together.
If it was financially feasible, I would start a 'putting furniture together' business because I love assembling things.

You could always join a gig economy app that includes that kind of thing. You could earn 80-90p for every bed you construct.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Here's my review of playing Outer Wilds for an hour:

:stare: :fh:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Rinkles posted:

i don't know if i have a favorite (that'd be a long list), but the one that takes up the biggest part of my heart would have to be ffta

Its funny how three judges in the background are Zargabaath, Gabranth and Drace

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said come in! posted:

EDF

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

EDF lacks the subtlety of starship troopers

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

I said come in! posted:

I want a new starcraft game too bro but its not happening

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

EDF lacks the subtlety of starship troopers

in EDF5 you kill God

AnarkiJ
Sep 17, 2006

Oh Mister Murphy!
Mary Jane!

There is a new Starship Troopers video game, it isn't out yet however and appears PC only for now.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1202130/Starship_Troopers__Terran_Command/

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

Here's my review of playing Outer Wilds for an hour:

:stare: :fh:

I guess the aliens are pretty hot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess the aliens are pretty hot

Sos the sun

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Why did I buy the cat any toys

Straws seem to be the one thing she deigns worthy of freaking out about

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

How else you gonna find out what they like? Took us a ton of money to realize our pup is a face exclusive pescatarian. Just donate the rest to Goodwill or put them in a labeled box on the sidewalk. Somebody will take them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have three cats and each one likes a specific kind of toy. Took a while to find out what but the one I wish any of them liked was this neat roller ball disc. I thought they would sit with it for hours and roll the ball about it. They ignored it.

One loves the big fat kicker and she treats it like her child a lot.
One loves the feather floater and he will chomp it and try to catch it for an age.
One loves the laser pointer and she will dance around it constantly.

It is really great that they only like their specific toys because I can play seperately with them and no one gets jealous like they do when I am petting heads.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
One of my cats figured out how to get into my boxspring so now sometimes my bed attacks me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Our cat likes to chase toy mice but greatly prefers the black ones to any other color. But you can only buy them in big assortment packs so now we have a ton of extra mice lying around being ignored.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My one cat absolutely loves bits of plastic along the lines of milk rings, bread ties, twist ties, zip ties, and any kind of crinkly wrapper you'd find sealing a jar or a bottle. He also loves egg shells. And bones. He likes to hide them and then bring them to us and meow at us if we don't immediately praise him.

Usually he'll bring one of his toys up on the bed and we'll notice that his head is wet. Just his head. We think that he's trying to drown his toys but is failing and is only managing to put his head in the water instead.

It's very cute when he comes trotting up all excitedly like "holy poo poo guys, look what I have" and all he has is the plastic ring to a milk jug that he brought us 3 minutes earlier but he's showing it to us again.

He likes to play fetch with his toys and there have been times where he has brought out a chicken bone or an egg shell and we don't even know where the gently caress he got it because it will have been months since we even used anything with chicken bones or gave him any opportunity to get to any egg shells. I don't know where he hides them but he is good at it.

There was one time where I was busy meeting with someone and he came over with one of these yellow plastic pull tabs from a tea bottle and I pretended to throw it so he'd be busy looking for it while I finished up the meeting. He ends up coming back with another yellow plastic pull tab, the same kind as the one I fake threw. The fucker's smart. He seems to lack common sense, but he's smart, and he's a scientist.

What I'm trying to say here is that cats are assholes and I love them for it and also that they really do love just about anything and it is ok if your cat just seems to be astounded by straws instead of dedicated cat toys because now you know that you can make cat toys from straws or get straw-like cat toys for them.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

I have three cats and each one likes a specific kind of toy. Took a while to find out what but the one I wish any of them liked was this neat roller ball disc. I thought they would sit with it for hours and roll the ball about it. They ignored it.

One loves the big fat kicker and she treats it like her child a lot.
One loves the feather floater and he will chomp it and try to catch it for an age.
One loves the laser pointer and she will dance around it constantly.

It is really great that they only like their specific toys because I can play seperately with them and no one gets jealous like they do when I am petting heads.

I wanna see them cattes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i pick what films to watch mostly off of what the posters look like and wes andersons entire aesthetic is extremely offputting so i can only assume his films are terrible