Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I love the way people are suddenly experts in the law when things like this happen and they're sure their guy is in the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bessantj posted:

I love the way people are suddenly experts in the law when things like this happen and they're sure their guy is in the right.

That happens with everything. People seem to think the law is written specifically to fit their personal biases.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wonder if people are donating because they think that Dickie needs to prove innocence.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

I wonder if people are donating because they think that Dickie needs to prove innocence.

That's what half the people donating to Vic's campaign thought/think.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They’re donating to own the Libs, thats as far as their thought process goes

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Isn't D&C the plaintiff in this case? How is Mark Waid the one dragging him through court? :psyduck:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

That happens with everything. People seem to think the law is written specifically to fit their personal biases.

It's wild the way they try and get the evidence to fit their narrative. Always wish I could see their face sin the Vic case when the judge didn't do what they thought he was going to do.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

JordanKai posted:

Isn't D&C the plaintiff in this case? How is Mark Waid the one dragging him through court? :psyduck:

If only Big Mean Mark Waif hadn’t done what he did, then D&C wouldn’t be forced to defend himself at great cost (to GoFundMe donors).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JordanKai posted:

I am positive whomever Dickie got for his lawyer is nowhere near on Mark Zaid's legal level and probably has them running through a lot of hoops and just burning cash by the shovelful.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Quick reminder: if you can, please post screenshots of the tweets from chuds (or chud adjacent things) instead of the tweet itself, because the twitter algorithm reads the linking to other websites (even dead stupid forums like this one) as A Good Thing and it shows said tweet to even more people.
This also applies to twitter itself: instead of RTing, screenshot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Also tweets can get deleted.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's not even worth the effort to screenshot, but EVS' latest declaration of victory in the culture war is Sonic doing better than Birds of Prey. The apple has bested the orange.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

This is like when the idiots latched onto Battle Angel Bad CGI-ita as some kind of anti-sjw competitor to Captain Marvel.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

This is like when the idiots latched onto Battle Angel Bad CGI-ita as some kind of anti-sjw competitor to Captain Marvel.

which was both hilarious and maddening

hilarious, because Alita was an almost bizarrely leftist movie in which a latinx woman uses space kung fu to fight a rich white man (who literally appropriates a black man's body in order to mingle with the poors), and thus everything they could possibly hate, just not Disney and thus apparently "anti-sjw"

maddening, because it was actually genuinely a better movie and didn't deserve to get tarred by that bullshit

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Uh oh, time to change the story. The fans forced Zack to sue Waid now:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why do they call Richard c meyer zack

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Apparently he started going by "Ya Boi Zack" for some reason that I don't care enough to search any more for.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

Apparently he started going by "Ya Boi Zack" for some reason that I don't care enough to search any more for.

4Chan started calling him that and of course he thought it was cool and good to adopt a channer nickname.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

4Chan started calling him that and of course he thought it was cool and good to adopt a channer nickname.

Is it a reference to something?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Is it a reference to something?

No clue. I just know it's a chan thing and like Endless Mike I don't care enough to search more about it.

Dickie and company have always seemed to be unaware where 'boi' comes from though, which is pretty funny.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Dickie and company have always seemed to be unaware where 'boi' comes from though, which is pretty funny.

I didn't even think about that, please no one tell them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/1229886911793127424?s=20

Iron Man isn't racist, he has lots of minority friends, like Thor and uh that gypsy chick!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Dawgstar posted:

No clue. I just know it's a chan thing and like Endless Mike I don't care enough to search more about it.

I'm guessing they think it's from God of War 2018:
https://youtu.be/n12Q2Pj9ESg

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

I'm guessing they think it's from God of War 2018:
https://youtu.be/n12Q2Pj9ESg

that's not what "boi" comes from.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

:thejoke:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I misread the post I quoted.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

And here I thought it was a reference to the seminal classic Sk8r Boi

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Why does everyone buy this poo poo of "COMICS ARE GOING DOWN IN SALES" when that's clearly not the case?

https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1231620248299823105?s=20

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
what is 5g?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hear it's for messing up weather satellites

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Soonmot posted:

what is 5g?

I think DC is doing a thing where a bunch of superheroes are getting replaced with legacy versions. There will be a Batman, Superman, etc, but it won't be Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I think DC is doing a thing where a bunch of superheroes are getting replaced with legacy versions. There will be a Batman, Superman, etc, but it won't be Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent.

So it's an even year is what you're telling me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

E the Shaggy posted:

Why does everyone buy this poo poo of "COMICS ARE GOING DOWN IN SALES" when that's clearly not the case?

If comics are Dying, then CG is right.

They're not, so they're wrong.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

E the Shaggy posted:

It's the same everywhere right now, unfortunately. People like to come up with their favored narrative first, then jump onto whatever they can find that supports the narrative.

For schmucks like EVS, "get woke go broke" is an immutable law of the universe. Hence, since mainstream comics are nominally more progressive than they were a few years ago, and thus more "woke," the industry must also be on an irreversible decline. Anything that supports that theory is God's own truth; anything that contradicts it is liberal propaganda.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1232086451426406400?s=20

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
are they still crying about the milkshake thing from like 5 years ago?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soonmot posted:

are they still crying about the milkshake thing from like 5 years ago?

It'll be time to worry when they stop crying about it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
strange how they decided to suggest that the editors did not pay for the milkshakes

dunno why that is whats drawing my attention, but it is lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Because women use their bodies to get free things. Duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
That can't possibly be talking about the time a bunch of comics ladies went out for milkshakes, right? That would be insane!