Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I wanna see them cattes.

OK!

This is the laser pointer loving menace:

This is the floating feather loving scamp:

And this is the fat kicker cheeker:

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

i pick what films to watch mostly off of what the posters look like and wes andersons entire aesthetic is extremely offputting so i can only assume his films are terrible

stux no please i usually like your posts but this is a bridge too far

VideoGames posted:

VG's cattes

:3: they're all so precious

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My cat had this red toy mouse it would chew on every time it went to sleep then one day we found him dead on the road near my house and buried him with the toys he liked including the mouse but it turned out we had actually buried a different cat that looked exactly like ours and he walked in like 5 minutes later and was stressed out that he couldn't find his mouse and the next day I got a taxi and the driver was saying how he accidentally killed a cat the day before in my area and I would've been v angry if it had actually been my cat anyway he's dead for real now rip

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Gripweed posted:

It's funny seeing this happen to Wes Anderson right after it happened to Quentin Tarrentino and Martin Scorcese. A vague, half-hearted online attempt to cancel a white director for being problematic that goes nowhere because everybody agrees that they make good movies.

Lol no one is trying to “cancel” anyone it’s just annoying to see so much of the same aesthetic year after year. But drat, Scorsese might be most famous for his crime movies but he has a wide and varied oeuvre and Tarantino is the only famous director who has directed anti-fascist Nazi revenge movies for nearly 30 years and yeah he says nigga a lot but he has spent his entire career uplifting POC and I’m glad Parasite swept the oscars.

Anderson is one bad movie away from becoming Tim Burton.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I enjoyed Fallout Tactics, even though the missions were a slog and things got bullet-spongy later in the game. What I would really like is a good modern take of Jagged Alliance.

Semi-joke answer: Operation Darkness for Xbox 360

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

stux no please i usually like your posts but this is a bridge too far

:3: they're all so precious

maybe he should stop making ugly looking films

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Isle of Dogs was pretty okay

I have no strong feelings about Wes Anderson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV48siqEX2M

XCOM and Battletech are the premier tactics games

Gears Tactics will probably suck but in a funny way

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I enjoyed The Grand Budapest Hotel mostly because it just looked vibrant

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I liked isle of dogs and mr fox because the dudes one point perspective style perfectly fits the dollhouse diorama of stop motion. Also there’s a bunch of in-jokes about the disparity between the un-subtitled dialogue and translators who inject their own flair like baseball commentators from the 30s. I just wish Bill Murray’s gang actually died because my beef with these prestige directors is that their caste of personal friends can get distracting when their role is more than a cameo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

wes anderson movies have good cinematography

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cinemagoto the polls

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cinemaballs

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

cinemagoto the polls

I'm cinearlyvoting next week okay?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Wes Anderson says his new movie is "inspired by his love of the New Yorker magazine," which until now would have been the kind of thing I would say to uncharitably make fun of Wes Anderson

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

More like the New Dorker

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I enjoyed fantastic mr fox a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6xoL76TbnQ

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Weedle posted:

Wes Anderson says his new movie is "inspired by his love of the New Yorker magazine," which until now would have been the kind of thing I would say to uncharitably make fun of Wes Anderson

If someone were to direct an animated Chris Ware film I would want it to be Anderson.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
We already have CineD for bad movie takes, please keep bad takes relegated to video games itt, tia

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Do not mention C***D, do not go to C***D, do not think about C***D

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

We already have CineD for bad movie takes, please keep bad takes relegated to video games itt, tia

no never

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I got laughed out there for saying I watched the second avengers movie so yeah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The best Wes Anderson movie is actually The Midnight Coterie of Sinister Intruders

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I got laughed out there for saying I watched the second avengers movie so yeah

it's a pretty bad movie but of course a lot of people saw it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
to change topics to tv, we just finished the untamed which was pretty good considering chinese media restrictions. if you like wuxia and roguish necromancers learning to let people in, it's on netflix

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the second avengers is the most recent movie I've seen

video games for life

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's a pretty bad movie but of course a lot of people saw it

I really really enjoyed it and am going to watch infinity war this Friday!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Don't mention Snyder. Don't criticise Snyder. Don't.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why does a director need to have variety though, if you do one thing great and enough people want to keep seeing that one thing why is that not enough to have a career, if you want variety you can always watch other movies

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

If people can talk about anime all day we can talk about Wes Anderson for 12 hours.

Alternatively, please feel free to discuss whatever you want and maybe people will find that more interesting than Wes Anderson!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wes Andime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think I've seen a Wes Anderson movie

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you had it'd probably be the royal tenenbaums or the life aquatic, i think those were his highest profile ones

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Let's talk about how Gamestop is about to implode because physical purchases are going extinct and corporate trying to find a replacement revenue stream is making the stores worse and worse experiences.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I checked and I have not

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

haveblue posted:

Let's talk about how Gamestop is about to implode because physical purchases are going extinct and corporate trying to find a replacement revenue stream is making the stores worse and worse experiences.

Are they still selling Funkos Pop and various tchotchkes? I feel like that was the first of the death throes.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

haveblue posted:

but people just love the FEEL of holding physical media how could this happen

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

but people just love the FEEL of holding physical media how could this happen

Love the feel of my Criterion Collection Wes Anderson films I'll tell you that much!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Are they still selling Funkos Pop and various tchotchkes? I feel like that was the first of the death throes.

According to that article they sell nothing but tchotchkes, Fortnite cards, and hard-sell trade-in opportunities.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I still buy physical games all the time but I just do it online

I think the last time I bought games in a store was the day Street Fighter x Tekken and Mass Effect 3 came out and I got them both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Idk about Gamestop but GAME mostly sell swag/tat, Funkos and used games these days. It feels like it's been on its last legs for a decade now.

I don't think it helps that they can't/won't compete on price for physical copies. You either pay full retail or buy it used - and once in a blue moon there might be a poo poo sale. Whereas no motherfucker would pay a full 50 English sterling for a game through an online retailer.