Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

What? Lance is still 'driving' for Racing Point aka Jordan DNA. His dad has bought the Aston Martin company who have a small amount of sponsorship with Red Bull but Lawrence doesn't in any way have ownership of Red Bull.

He'll buy RBR when Dietrich Mateschitz has his next poo poo fit about not winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/status/1230133665293795328

end this season already

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

that's only like 0.50s faster than a Racing Point?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/barcelona-test-morning-report-bottas/4687962/

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

people are also complaining that the Racing . is now just a Pink Mercedes because they've copied literally everything about last years Merc

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Pink mercedes gonna beat ferrari all year

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

0.5s is a huge time in F1.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ferrari owns theyre gonna gently caress everyone up in the races this season

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I have no way of telling myself. Is the racing point really that similar to last year's merc?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rinkles posted:

I have no way of telling myself. Is the racing point really that similar to last year's merc?

It owns

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

people are also complaining that the Racing . is now just a Pink Mercedes because they've copied literally everything about last years Merc

People are talking like this is a huge deal but I think it's purely pragmatic. Force India/Racing Point have always saved money by reusing the same monocoque for multiple seasons, whereas most teams redesign it from scratch every year. This was a big deal for them when the halo was introduced because it required them to build a new monocoque to accommodate the halo mounting points. It makes no sense for them to build a whole new car just for 2020 given the rule changes for next season. Therefore they are almost certainly reusing the same monocoque design as last season, meaning they can't change the side impact structures, and in turn can't modify the sidepod inlet size/location in the way most other teams have. That forces them down a design path very similar to last year's Mercedes (which had similarly located sidepod inlets) and which obviously informs the entire rest of the car.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
at least rear end were more coy, that pink car is straight up mercedes

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

God this kicks rear end

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
chi;lls

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

How does this happen every year? It's literally the first day of testing. This time last year everyone was blown away by Ferrari. 

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

gret posted:

Williams faster than Ferrari.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1230176827081154561?s=20

:smug:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

So they aren’t the same car

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

lol leclerc had to run over double the laps to be slower than lance god damned WDC2020 stroll

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

the kentucky quid posted:

So they aren’t the same car

you tell me, i'm not pretending to know the minutiae of f1 car design.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They do not look like the same car to me.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Some people actually think they bought the W10 and painted it pink. That is very funny to me.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Fantasic picture. A very aggressive oval setup

But clockwise oval?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
close this sham of a thread and open a new season thread you cowards

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Big Huski Boi posted:

Some people actually think they bought the W10 and painted it pink. That is very funny to me.

It's also not permissible to do this. There are los of parts you can buy off other teams but you have to be able to show the fia documentation that the car is your own work, particularly on the aero side. Now if your own work is trying your best to copy someone's car from last year, that's fine, but having the same shape nose tip isn't really the same as copying everything and it's definitely not the same as just being given the blueprints to last year's car and building your own version.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

the kentucky quid posted:

Ferrari owns theyre gonna gently caress everyone up in the races this season

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

ilmucche posted:

Fantasic picture. A very aggressive oval setup

But clockwise oval?

To be fair that halo looks basically identical

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

my friend track day bro! should do the honors IMO

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MZ posted:

0.5s is a huge time in F1.

During the season. It's meaningless in pre-season testing though.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

has the season started yet? also there will be no 2020 f1 season thread because we are all boycotting f1 this year

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
IMO, it will be cool to see Lewis tie Schumacher's WDC record this year and then immediately retire.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
People complain about Mercedes dominating everything start to finish, but I gotta say, the idea of Ferrari losing to a pink 2019 Mercedes and a Williams that looks like toothpaste sounds like about the most fun F1 could possibly be

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

track day bro! posted:

has the season started yet? also there will be no 2020 f1 season thread because we are all boycotting f1 this year

then just close the thread i double dog dare you

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

If track day closes the thread I'll make the new season thread and you better loving believe it won't anywhere near as coherent and unbiased as this one

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
just try and not make it a boring rear end thread which actually informs people about formula 1

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Who the gently caress would post in that?

Like this thread has a guy who literally works for a formula 1 team, and even he shitposts all the time.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

I post here for respite

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I didn't read it but somehow they got Claire to do a reddit ama and I'm like don't you have better things to be doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Who do you guys think would win at Spa? Tony in his M3 or this year’s Williams?