Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Guess who almost got scammed today like a schmuck?

if you guessed me you're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
How did they scam you?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

VideoGames posted:

How did they scam you?

Got tricked into signing into Steam through a weird site by someone on my friends list, luckily Steam security has enough redundancies in it that it was fairly simple to fix the problem before anything could happen to my account

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Possibly the worst moment of my TF2 career yesterday... I turned down my mouse sens to be more in line with other games and found out that I can no longer rocketjump :gonk: It was horrible, like I had forgotten how to walk, even the most basic jumps I was loving up I guess because the flicks were slower? At least I have an excuse to play more TF2 now

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Played some tf2 over the last few days after being gone for yeeeears

I miss all my stuff i liquidated :negative: but i enjoy being a stealth noob in the birthday hat direct hitting chumps

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

verbal enema posted:

I miss all my stuff i liquidated :negative:
same. I'm pretty close to buying back a strange killstreak original again tbh

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
They, strange killstreak original, got more expensive. I have one and get a lot random adds trying to scam me for it. I think it’s over 60 bucks but I’m not a big trader.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

are the earbuds still worth like 20 bucks lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Iirc buds were the thing that crashed the most in price

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Strange given they are a limited quantity

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

ArfJason posted:

Strange given they are a limited quantity

Duping is the culprit. The more buds people duped, the more they lost both their value and their use as a backing currency.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Earbuds are currently worth ~3 keys, or $5.50-$7.50 depending on the market. At peak they were considered currency, but their inflated value was also due in part to Russian money laundering.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm still laughing at the bud crash because a few months before I bought an unusual off a guy who insisted on buds over the equivalent keys and it pissed me off having to go make another transaction first.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ariong posted:

Duping is the culprit. The more buds people duped, the more they lost both their value and their use as a backing currency.

the medals are weird in that at once they're not the most valuable thing out there, but are also uniquely scarce in that they all have a number from 1 to 5000 I believe

mine was #1442 and I traded it away for earbuds and the like a very long time ago lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Jesus God help me, YouTube recs threw me into a spree of watching old SoundSmith videos and now I've reinstalled this garbage game.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Welcome back. I hope you aren’t in Europe otherwise you might be running into a lot of bots. US isn’t too bad.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Jesus God help me, YouTube recs threw me into a spree of watching old SoundSmith videos and now I've reinstalled this garbage game.

That will do the trick*, have you watched his video on the Beggar's Bazooka yet?

*well him or LazyPurple

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

That will do the trick*, have you watched his video on the Beggar's Bazooka yet?

*well him or LazyPurple
Yes, I enjoyed it and I can't wait to be bad with one.

Is there a goon Discord or a common server we hang in right now?

Edit: And now begins the process of selling trading cards for ultra-budget Pretty Princess Dress-Up.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
"he's not hacking he's just a good sniper"

ignore how he airshot me while I was airstrafing in after a rocket jump as soldier and also he had a game ban on steam within the last 2 months already

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The only reason you should be top of the leaderboards as sniper is because you've been annihilating pubbies and you got bored of the soldier/demo/heavy and maybe scout so you go sniper for awhile because you figure you're team has got this.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I played a good round last weekend where I nailed a couple sweet airshots on soldier which had convinced me to try and git gud with the Direct Hit and boy do I stink at it so far.

edit for ridiculous theorycrafting:
Revert the change so the parachute can be deployed multiple times per jump, but make all explosive damage minicrit while the parachute is open.

Allow the cow mangler to minicrit when it would normally full crit (kritz, humiliation, first blood, etc), but all incoming minicrits deal critical damage while the cow mangler is out.

Alternatively have the mangler deal 0 damage to buildings but all hits cause a very brief shutdown of the building similar to the charged shot.

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 20, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hihohe posted:

The only reason you should be top of the leaderboards as sniper is because you've been annihilating pubbies and you got bored of the soldier/demo/heavy and maybe scout so you go sniper for awhile because you figure you're team has got this.
I object on the grounds that sometimes you can get eighty billion points as Engie just from people using your teleporter.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

I played a good round last weekend where I nailed a couple sweet airshots on soldier which had convinced me to try and git gud with the Direct Hit and boy do I stink at it so far.

edit for ridiculous theorycrafting:
Revert the change so the parachute can be deployed multiple times per jump, but make all explosive damage minicrit while the parachute is open.

Allow the cow mangler to minicrit when it would normally full crit (kritz, humiliation, first blood, etc), but all incoming minicrits deal critical damage while the cow mangler is out.

Alternatively have the mangler deal 0 damage to buildings but all hits cause a very brief shutdown of the building similar to the charged shot.

I like that last change, especially if the full charge shot in turn does a very long shutdown

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

I object on the grounds that sometimes you can get eighty billion points as Engie just from people using your teleporter.

The key words being "as sniper." I've gotten 50 points in one life as Pyro just by whacking a friendly teleporter with Homewrecker while a spy kept spamming sappers on the other end, which was dumb but no cheating involved.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Abyssal Squid posted:

The key words being "as sniper." I've gotten 50 points in one life as Pyro just by whacking a friendly teleporter with Homewrecker while a spy kept spamming sappers on the other end, which was dumb but no cheating involved.
Reading comprehension is important, kids! :j:

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Only noobs should be allowed to play sniper.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'll meet you halfway. An equal amount of time should be spent in a gimmick build and/or as a friendly. Let them experience getting pegged while you're trying to dance with the enemy Pyro.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

drrockso20 posted:

I like that last change, especially if the full charge shot in turn does a very long shutdown

I mean it should still be "short" but like 5 seconds? Maybe 4? Enough to let a spy stab the engie without dying or like a heavy to get in there and wreck it but not enough to let you solo it with melee or shotgun.

Also I wish they went back to whatever the grordbort secondary was, the ray gun, I liked the idea of having it penetrate and cause slight knockback on each hit so you could get a bunch of repeat hits on a single target depending on how they were moving, if they're retreating it would help them get away from you but also loving wreck them, if they were advancing it would buy you a little time but do little damage.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Just played a game on Banana Bay with a super obvious hacker who was poo poo talking the whole time. When I asked the other team to kick him, they were shocked that the guy who had 100 points when the next highest had 10 and was wm1-ing as a scout into 4 people at once and killing them all with ease could possible be hacking because he wasn’t spinbotting.

Low and behold he gets kicked and the game goes super quick the other way.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

I mean it should still be "short" but like 5 seconds? Maybe 4? Enough to let a spy stab the engie without dying or like a heavy to get in there and wreck it but not enough to let you solo it with melee or shotgun.

Also I wish they went back to whatever the grordbort secondary was, the ray gun, I liked the idea of having it penetrate and cause slight knockback on each hit so you could get a bunch of repeat hits on a single target depending on how they were moving, if they're retreating it would help them get away from you but also loving wreck them, if they were advancing it would buy you a little time but do little damage.

Yeah that works, and agreed that they really need to revert the Righteous Bison back to it's previous state, the Pomson could use a buff too(and while we're at it, let it be useable by the other three shotgun classes, same with the Family Business for non Heavy shotgun classes, and while we're at it let the Engineer use the Winger and the Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Let pyro use the widowmaker you cowards

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

Let pyro use the widowmaker you cowards

Only reason I didn't suggest that one too is because it'd be weird to let other classes have access to the Metal mechanic(and honestly would probably be a bad idea considering how much Engineers need it)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the widowmaker loving rules and back when i had my aim on point i never stopped shooting

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

drrockso20 posted:

Only reason I didn't suggest that one too is because it'd be weird to let other classes have access to the Metal mechanic(and honestly would probably be a bad idea considering how much Engineers need it)

They can't really do anything with it other than the widowmaker so it'd be just some other ammo pool. Unless when pyros used it it ate their flamethrower ammo. That'd be a pretty neat mechanic.

but yeah it'd be annoying if you're engy and you can't repair stuff because the pyro sat with you keeps eating all the metal. If you're gonna be a pybro you probably would want the detonator or scorch shot anyway. or switch to the regular shotgun so you're not hindering your engineer. you'll be getting basically infinite ammo from the dispenser anyway.

Also give pyro family business.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

QwertySanchez posted:

They can't really do anything with it other than the widowmaker so it'd be just some other ammo pool. Unless when pyros used it it ate their flamethrower ammo. That'd be a pretty neat mechanic.

but yeah it'd be annoying if you're engy and you can't repair stuff because the pyro sat with you keeps eating all the metal. If you're gonna be a pybro you probably would want the detonator or scorch shot anyway. or switch to the regular shotgun so you're not hindering your engineer. you'll be getting basically infinite ammo from the dispenser anyway.

Also give pyro family business.

Yeah there's really no good reason as to why the Family Business is exclusive to the Heavy, not like Shotguns are actually any good on Heavy*(or rather compared to the sheer utility of the Lunchbox items having an extra gun on Heavy feels rather pointless in comparison), meanwhile it would actually be useful on Pyro and Engineer, and fun to occasionally mess with on Soldier(Boots and Backpack items are usually the superior choice over Shotguns but at least it's not as one-sided like it is for Heavy)

*though if you could equip Shotguns in the main weapon slot instead of a Mini-Gun than it could actually be somewhat viable

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Yeah, I've been saying for years that a few classes should be able to switch out their primary weapon for another secondary. There could be some interesting synergies (jarate and smg, shotgun and buff banner, food and shotgun, crit cola and a pistol/cleaver if you're a melee superstar) while giving the big downside of not having a primary weapon, they'd totally balance out for scout, soldier, pyro, sniper, engy and heavy.

I've always wanted to see Fat Scout get the encouragement demoknight gets. Give the heavy a primary that's just huge revolver or maybe a backpack that lets him capture points twice as quickly and some other buff to make up for not having the skillhose.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

drrockso20 posted:

*though if you could equip Shotguns in the main weapon slot instead of a Mini-Gun than it could actually be somewhat viable
what you mean: shotgun and then food in secondary slot
my eternal dream: shotguns in both primary and secondary slots on heavy letting you dual wield shotguns

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah there's really no good reason as to why the Family Business is exclusive to the Heavy

The family business is pretty much an upgrade to the stock shotgun. It's inconsequential on the heavy because, as you pointed out, the other secondary options are far more useful generally. On another class, it could be an issue.

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:
I did not even realize people still played this. Has the hacking been any better in the last year or so? I gave up on most servers a long time ago due to blatent usage of hacks by either a single person or a whole team doing it so they couldn't be kicked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

TenTonHammer posted:

I did not even realize people still played this. Has the hacking been any better in the last year or so? I gave up on most servers a long time ago due to blatent usage of hacks by either a single person or a whole team doing it so they couldn't be kicked.

ehhhhh, maybe a little? I only play occasionally and it's not the worst I've ever seen. The playerbase has gotten better about kicking blatant hackers, too.