Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
How can a single person carry such a stupenduosly huge amount of curses?

https://twitter.com/heuteshow/status/1229405846360162304

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Libluini posted:

This is so strange. Back when I was in a similar situation, I got free healthcare because I was family. Does this work differently for rich people?

Cursory research indicates some changes with regard to health insurance in Bedarfsgemeinschaften with effect from 2016 onwards.

Also, fun Familienversicherung fact: If your father does not bother to pay his contributions you lose access to everything but emergency care (incl. pregnancy).

Randler fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 17, 2020

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
As far as I am aware (and again, I admit I might have been missung something) I was going to be without health insurance otherwise. And yeah, it was two years ago so that lines up with the law changes.

And since there are some misconceptions, I was not in a position where my parents could just carry me through it. When I was earning money before, I had to help them out a few times financially so they definitly weren't earning "enough". Though I suppose since we had a fridge we already were too rich by the standards of lovely boomers :v:

I probably could've worded all that stuff better, blame late workposting for that, but I mostly wanted to make a point that if you get unlucky you could end up having to go with private insurance without any work or benefits to give money, which feels kinda lovely/american

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Mithaldu posted:

How is that man real. How in the gently caress is that man Bundestagsabgeordneter and real.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
You are also correct in that the system is designed to incentivize people to take any job offered just so they have health insurance. Establishing the "prekär Beschäftigte" working poor has been a key goal of the SPD's Hartz project, because it allows politicians to show low unemployment numbers and makes a bunch of money for businesses.

And those that kind find work, well, I don't think I need to quote Müntefering anymore in that regard.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Greader posted:

As far as I am aware (and again, I admit I might have been missung something) I was going to be without health insurance otherwise. And yeah, it was two years ago so that lines up with the law changes.

And since there are some misconceptions, I was not in a position where my parents could just carry me through it. When I was earning money before, I had to help them out a few times financially so they definitly weren't earning "enough". Though I suppose since we had a fridge we already were too rich by the standards of lovely boomers :v:

I probably could've worded all that stuff better, blame late workposting for that, but I mostly wanted to make a point that if you get unlucky you could end up having to go with private insurance without any work or benefits to give money, which feels kinda lovely/american

Back when I was in a similar position (No longer eligible for Studentenversicherung), I still could just sign up to be freiwillig gesetzlich versichert (fairly expensively thanks to the high minimum, tho). Was that not an option for you?

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Mithaldu posted:

Does he have balls on top of his walking stick? I know he has this weird age paradox thing going on and his own likely haven't dropped yet, but jeez!

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
https://www.thueringer-allgemeine.de/regionen/erfurt/erst-mit-stein-geworfen-und-dann-einbruchs-opfer-id228441765.html

lmfao

watched the fight happen from my window, holy poo poo they made enough noise for 20 people

and thats just the perfect ending

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/tillski/status/1229495873891192835?s=19

Lmao if true

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

he had to offer CDU something or else they would never move from their position and delay this Kasperletheater even further
of course this move would also help his own position in a new election

Mithaldu posted:

Amthor is the only politician to benefit both from Kindergeld and Rente

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Since we're living in the dumbest chaos timeline, I'm half expecting the CDU to try something dumb like reneging on new elections afterwards.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Teron D Amun posted:

he had to offer CDU something or else they would never move from their position and delay this Kasperletheater even further

The lengths you have to go to to keep the CDU on the side of democracy for 2 months

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
just saw my first man with mundschutze on in the u Bahn lmao

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Turns out Norbert was right, but it's not Blüm but Röttgen instead :haw:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It's not news that Springer Presse is just Stürmer 2.0, but goddamn this feels like a new level of dropping the mask:

https://twitter.com/welt/status/1229439888866643968

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Isn't Kulturbolschewismus right out of Hitler's playbook

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

BabyFur Denny posted:

Isn't Kulturbolschewismus right out of Hitler's playbook

yes

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Und die Abwandlung "Kulturmarxisus" ist berühmt geworden weil sie haufenweise im Manifest von Anders Breivik auftaucht. Aber dass Rainer Meyer ein Neonazi ist ist ja nun nichts neues.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Was hier wichtig ist ist die Tatsache dass die Welt billigend Nazisprüche abdruckt.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Randler posted:

Ich gehe jedenfalls davon aus, dass die durch das NetzDG eingeführten Regelungen sich relativ zeitnah nochmal ändern werden, wobei ich mir aber unsicher bin, ob die das ganze abschwächen oder noch eine Schippe drauflegen werden.

Randler posted:

Ich kann das "Gesetz zur Modernisierung des NetzDG und zur Wahrung der Chancengleichheit in der Demokratie" förmlich schon schmecken.

Reminder: I merely know the future, I don't make it.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

> Passwortherausgabe

That's gonna be funny when platforms are usually built to not store passwords.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

"Facebook hat gesagt sein Passwort wäre 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99 aber funktioniert nicht, Chef"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Sereri posted:

"Facebook hat gesagt sein Passwort wäre 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99 aber funktioniert nicht, Chef"

You make a convincing case for lawful interception option being mandatory for encryption algorithms. Thankfully the food folk at the Willy Brandt house have already prepared this draft tenatively named Gesetz über die Einrichtung von Generalschlüsseln in der Kryptographie und sonstigen Maßnahmen zur Verteidigung der Demokratie und Wahrung der Menschenwürde (GesGenKryMaVDWaMeWü).

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

Greader posted:

Yeah, I too get American vibes from the German health insurance system (and it's not surprising that it's touted as the most likely example for the US to follow, should the US decide to stop deliberately letting poor people die). You could probably have been either frewillig versichert or privately so, what ends up more expensive would depend on how much of a liability the private insurance considers you to be. They're also free to refuse to take you (e.g. if you have a pre-existing condition).

If you're freiwillig versichert, you pay either around 18% (that's including Krankengeld, Pflegeversicherung and Zusatzbeitrag) of your income or around 200 euro if you make less than 1 061,67 euro per month, the current Mindestgrenze. Sucks to be you if you're a minjobber or selbständig with a low and/or unsteady income. On the other end of the spectrum, there is a Höchstgrenze of 4 687,50 euro per month, presumably designed to make high-income earners stay in the GKV. If you earn more than that, none of that money goes to the health insurance, it's all yours to buy Porsche Cayennes for.

Since a minijob doesn't contribute to your health insurance, a person having only a minijob and earning 450 euro per month would end up paying about 44% of their income for their health insurance, whereas Rich Bougie-McFuck who brings in 7 000 euro per month in profit through his consultancy business only pays about 12% of his income into the insurance. Except the last part is of course a lie, because he'll have gotten a private health insurance long before he reached that level and thus have withdrawn all his money from the public system.

In practice, low-to-middle-income earners fund the system (with the state stepping in to cover those who don't have any Vermögen or other sources of income), while the rich just... don't.
I might have gotten some of the details above wrong since I've only just started properly delving into the wonders of the krankenversicherung. But:

GABA ghoul posted:

It's a money grab by wealthy people at the expense of everyone else, op. The only reason it still exists is that wealthy people hold a disproportionate amount of political power in this country and don't give a ahsit about anyone but themselves.

Same as the multi-gliederig school system. If you try to abolish it the overprivileged bougies are gonna storm the Bundestag and put some heads on spikes.

mercantilism
Oct 22, 2012
Aren't high-earners disincentivized from leaving the GKV by the skyrocketing cost of private health insurance as you get older? I guess at some level of income it becomes moot, but I've met people who were suddenly flush with IT consulting cash, switched to private, burned out, and are now in a precarious state of having a significantly lowered income, some growing health troubles (lol mid-30s) and no path back into the GKV without actively taking a long rear end work break.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
That's not a disincentive from leaving the GKV though. When you are young and making bank you can go FYGM and when you are older and no longer making bank the PKV bends you over the barrel. That's their business model. The FYGM is the point and later consequences are irrelevant.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Yeah I'm no expert on private health insurance but there have to be at least some disadvantages for rich fucks because even the loving Bertelsmann Stiftung wants to abolish it: Link

Welsh Rarebitch
Jun 5, 2011

mercantilism posted:

Aren't high-earners disincentivized from leaving the GKV by the skyrocketing cost of private health insurance as you get older? I guess at some level of income it becomes moot, but I've met people who were suddenly flush with IT consulting cash, switched to private, burned out, and are now in a precarious state of having a significantly lowered income, some growing health troubles (lol mid-30s) and no path back into the GKV without actively taking a long rear end work break.

Yes, you can not switch back and that's why the advice to switch to PKV if you can by some poster earlier in this thread was the dumbest or most malicious loving advice you can give.

Welsh Rarebitch fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Feb 19, 2020

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
There is a PKV Basistarif which offers GKV Level of services at GKV costs, which was introduced to save boomers from having to face any consequences for the choices they made.

Switching to PKV is still not advisable if you expect to ever cover dependants via Familienversicherung which is GKV only.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

There is a PKV Basistarif which offers GKV Level of services at GKV costs, which was introduced to save boomers from having to face any consequences for the choices they made.

How does that even work? How can Private afford to pay for boomers' rapidly disintegrating bodies with a small risk pool and and solidarische Beiträge? A hip replacement costs something like a ~trillion euros

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

How does that even work? How can Private afford to pay for boomers' rapidly disintegrating bodies with a small risk pool and and solidarische Beiträge? A hip replacement costs something like a ~trillion euros

Pretty sure they simply can't. Wasn't there just recently a bunch of headlines going around about PKVs struggling deal with solvency issues?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Uh this feels off, I always thought PKV was the poo poo. Or does that only apply to Beamten with that Beihilfe thing? Like if you’re not Beamte you gotta pay that 30% (or whatever Eigenanteil Beihilfe covers) yourself?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Zwille posted:

Uh this feels off, I always thought PKV was the poo poo. Or does that only apply to Beamten with that Beihilfe thing? Like if you’re not Beamte you gotta pay that 30% (or whatever Eigenanteil Beihilfe covers) yourself?

Scams do work out for the scammer, yes. AFAIK there is no solidarische component to the insurance fees and combined with a very selective risk pool you end up paying little and get a good Leistungskatalog as long as you stay young, healthy and solvent. PKVs also pay premiums to healthcare providers so that their insured get preferred treatment.

The problems start to appear when you get older and/or unhealthy and the companies jack up the fees and try to get rid of you. Plus, there is the whole moral dilemma about being a parasitic organisms feasting on the blood and sweat of regular people.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

My company's Personalabteilung tried to talk me into moving over to PKV as soon as I passed the income threshold and I was just like "nope." Will gladly pay slightly more to stay in GKV, which I am so far extremely happy with. Coming from the healthcare hellscape that is the United States, I am never giving up my Krankenkasse.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Nice humble brag about your income *makes note in goons.odt and guillotine list*

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
PKV still the better choice if you are healthy and wealthy right now and do not plan on having family.

If you are an employee, your employer also has to pay a Zuschuss to your PKV fees up to the amount they would otherwise pay as the Arbeitgeberanteil to GKV fees.

Zwille posted:

Beihilfe is even more powerful.

Beihilfe means the state reimburses like 90% of healthcare costs. A Beamter only needs PKV to cover the remaining 10% in some way. As a result his risk profile and fees are significantly more lenient compared to Gutverdiener und Selbstständige who need to insure their entire health risks.

Randler fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 19, 2020

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

What the gently caress is all this bullshit, I thought Switzerland had the worst health insurance system by far but I guess you guys are doing a p good job too

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Wengy posted:

What the gently caress is all this bullshit, I thought Switzerland had the worst health insurance system by far but I guess you guys are doing a p good job too

Just wait until data driven insurance premiums become mandatory during Bund(mit dem Schatten der nach Seelen lechzt)eskanzler Spahn's second term.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

GABA ghoul posted:

Nice humble brag about your income *makes note in goons.odt and guillotine list*

I work in an industry with a very strong union that negotiates really good Tarif conditions :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Randler posted:

Just wait until data driven insurance premiums become mandatory during Bund(mit dem Schatten der nach Seelen lechzt)eskanzler Spahn's second term.

Yeah, this poo poo is already a thing. My insurer has a positively dystopian opt-in reward program that allows their app access to your smartphone‘s pedometer and if you accrue enough steps per day according to their metric and log other healthy behavior stuff they reward you with ‚points‘ which are worth actual money, i. e. lower premiums. Only a matter of time until this opt-in scheme becomes standard practice.