Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Sounds sensible tbh, HE changes were dumb as gently caress.

How long till it makes it to live? I've still got to grind the jpanther 2 and amx 30!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Dravs posted:

Sounds sensible tbh, HE changes were dumb as gently caress.

How long till it makes it to live? I've still got to grind the jpanther 2 and amx 30!

You can cool your jets on the grinds, apparently:

quote:

Player concerns were mainly related to the vehicles moved from the Tech Tree to the Collectors' Vehicles section of the in-game Store — leading to the assumption they would disappear from the game. We assure you that’s not going to happen.

If this change is implemented into the game, these vehicles, including Tiers VI–X, will be available for purchase with Credits. Players can buy them any time after the potential update goes live thereby eliminating the rush to research these vehicles.

So I guess the higher tier tanks WILL still be available for purchase? This is a big turnaround from their first announcement.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Leave HE alone, proceed with regular ammo and special ammo change but make it so special ammo isn't 5-20 times the cost of regular ammo, maybe make it twice as much if they really need to do that.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Crazyeyes24 posted:

You can cool your jets on the grinds, apparently:

:words:

So I guess the higher tier tanks WILL still be available for purchase? This is a big turnaround from their first announcement.

Still going to get them ASAP. This is WG after all so I expect something to come along and add weirdo loving complications to such a simple idea; all the relevant Tier VI - X vehicles looking like pseudo-premiums during the SB testing didn't help much in that regard.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

The sandbox test is over.

:itwaspoo:

They're implementing the new tech trees and improved HP at low tiers, but not the ammo changes. The new HE mechanics were "incomprehensible".

lol wargaming come on guys, get it together

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

lol wargaming come on guys, get it together

They will compensate by releasing 3 T8 premiums.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Mesadoram posted:

They will compensate by releasing 3 T8 premiums.

That specialize in High-Pen HE, clip-based guns.

With screw-based drives, so they can side-strafe.

Only available in Spring Lootboxes.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Crazyeyes24 posted:

That specialize in High-Pen HE, clip-based guns.

With screw-based drives, so they can side-strafe.

Only available in Spring Lootboxes.

They found a blueprint for a hover tank in some old USSR archives. Has the same gun as the 183 but can knock a fly off the wall.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

They found a blueprint for a hover tank in some old USSR archives. Has the same gun as the 183 but can knock a fly off the wall.

to be fair, the 183 would definitely knock any flies off of whatever wall it shoots.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

As stupid as I find proxy spotting to be (especially when it comes to ridiculous differences in position between vehicles on the vertical axis, such as maps like Glacier), watching some clueless pubbie get loving totalled within 2 seconds of an attempt to jump on me (because I'm lurking 20ft beneath his camping spot) is some delicious schadenfreude.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Cool. Another tank to add to my collection. :homebrew:

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
My least favorite game to play as a TD is 'what is scouting me' followed closely by 'does this bush actually count as concealment?'

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I know WG are lying scum, but saying this:
https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/bourrasque-challenge/

quote:

This February, you have the chance to earn yourself a fearless French duelist designed to hit enemies reliably, no matter how far they may be or how fast they are going.

is pretty disgusting about a tank with .42 dispersion and a 3.5 sec aiming time.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Idk what kind of good poo poo they are snorting but with how batshit dumb that post is, I want some of it.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Darkrenown posted:

I know WG are lying scum, but saying this:
https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/bourrasque-challenge/

is pretty disgusting about a tank with .42 dispersion and a 3.5 sec aiming time.

Unless it has the magic shells heat seeking shells that EBR's fire, then none of those stats matter.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im gonna grind it i think

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

As stupid as I find proxy spotting to be (especially when it comes to ridiculous differences in position between vehicles on the vertical axis, such as maps like Glacier), watching some clueless pubbie get loving totalled within 2 seconds of an attempt to jump on me (because I'm lurking 20ft beneath his camping spot) is some delicious schadenfreude.

The proxy distance is a 50 m sphere, so you can be high up on the carrier and not proxy spot something at ground/sea level below.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

The proxy distance is a 50 m sphere, so you can be high up on the carrier and not proxy spot something at ground/sea level below.

I think it's actually a cylinder, because wargaming.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

TracerM17 posted:

Unless it has the magic shells heat seeking shells that EBR's fire, then none of those stats matter.

It has the EBR turret and gun, so yeah, it probably does.

It's the EBR FL 75 turret and gun on a bt 12t body and it is a medium tank, go figure.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

It may have been in the past (particularly before the view range change and more recent engine upgrades) but I've been in the spot he's thinking of, and when you're high up on the carrier you're >50 m away from a tank directly below you and you can't spot it (proxy or otherwise.)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hellsau posted:

Ayup. Had to learn that the hard way.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/ce4kahH.mp4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Might actually throw my hat in and try this seasons Frontlines. When does that start up again?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Mesadoram posted:

Might actually throw my hat in and try this seasons Frontlines. When does that start up again?

hahaha well,

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vando posted:

hahaha well,

It already did?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It starts some time in March. Before that though there's some marathon thing to get your hands on what amounts to a glorified BC 12t, except it has a two-shot 105mm autoloader so it gets to pretend it's a Medium Tank.

Personally I'll just stick with the Lorraine 40t, unless I somehow end up buying this loving Bourrasque thing while drunk next weekend.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 20, 2020

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Mesadoram posted:

It already did?

Wargaming posted:

From https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-modes/frontline-2020/

This year, Episodes will be replaced by Stages.
Every calendar month from March to June, Frontline will kick off and take place for one week.
Between each of the four (4) Stages, Frontline is unavailable.

Frontline 2020: Stage 1
BEGINS:
March 9 at 04:00 PT | 06:00 CT | 07:00 ET
ENDS:
March 16 at 01:00 PT | 03:00 CT | 04:00 ET

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Mesadoram posted:

It already did?

sorry I should have posted the info as well, WG are doing the annoying thing where they take something popular and make it so most of the time nobody gets to play it because ????

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Ty gents.

What a weird little tank.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
santa is trying his hardest to carry a tier 7 game in a mediocre tier 5 premium

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Speaking of the upcoming little french medium, wargaming apparently let CCs take it for a spin. Here is one of circon's games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQcxdlUgbEQ

Wednesday's stream from him on twitch has several more games. This video is the second game on the stream. First game was north mountain pass. He was able to spot the enemy across the ravine even though there was a super hellcat and a 13 57 further forward. Also spotted them through a bush. It was pretty hilarious.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Slaapaav posted:

How come Santa's boys don't have any skills

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

JuffoWup posted:

Speaking of the upcoming little french medium, wargaming apparently let CCs take it for a spin. Here is one of circon's games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQcxdlUgbEQ

Wednesday's stream from him on twitch has several more games. This video is the second game on the stream. First game was north mountain pass. He was able to spot the enemy across the ravine even though there was a super hellcat and a 13 57 further forward. Also spotted them through a bush. It was pretty hilarious.

I got a kill on one of these on Empires Border but I don't remember who was driving it, nobody I've ever heard of. Looks like a decent tank but not something I'd enjoy playing.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

ROFLburger posted:

How come Santa's boys don't have any skills

i free xped up to tier 5 because i saw the tier 10 in a youtube video then kinda lost motivation because i wasnt that into it. bought the tier 5 premium back when it was the only japanese tank in the game because i was curious about the voice lines :)

got the ace + top gun earlier today, im kinda turned on by the tank again now. gun handling is quite good for the tier and the shape is very interesting to play with while having decent gun depression.

think im gonna start the tier 6 tomorrow because its the same tank with 2k dpm?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The STB kind of owns now, for what its worth.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

The STB kind of owns now, for what its worth.

The grind to it looks miserable.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
on paper it doesnt look so bad?

tier 6 has good dpm and amazing dispersion values for its tier with decent shell velocity. probably lacking in agility?

tier 7 looks wierd with the super fast 3 shot autoloader with 1,6 aimtime and amazing gun handling. this might be the worst part of the grind? poor mobility but huge and without armor?

tier 8 looks amazing on paper. does it have best in tier dpm and gun handling while being quite agile, 390 viewrange and -10?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Slaapaav posted:

on paper it doesnt look so bad?

tier 6 has good dpm and amazing dispersion values for its tier with decent shell velocity. probably lacking in agility?

tier 7 looks wierd with the super fast 3 shot autoloader with 1,6 aimtime and amazing gun handling. this might be the worst part of the grind? poor mobility but huge and without armor?

tier 8 looks amazing on paper. does it have best in tier dpm and gun handling while being quite agile, 390 viewrange and -10?

Tier 7 is a struggle as the platform is garbage. Tier 9 should be good, but the turret has no armor and it doesn't have the hull mobility of the leopard pta to make up for it.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

The grind to it looks miserable.

The grind wasn't that bad. The tanks are a bit underwhelming for the most part and really depend on being able to constantly put rounds into people. However, the Type-61 was one of my favorite tier 9s. I don't know what exactly it was about it, but I was able to do pretty well in it. It has a good gun, with good pen, and can bounce a stray shot now and again despite not having any armor to speak of. It kind of felt like how I remembered the Pershing being from back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Slaapaav posted:

I miss the days when my Crusader would terrorise Tier VII battles.