Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Senerio posted:

It also gave us the best Baron Corbin line since coming up to the main roster.

(couldn't find the original gif)

God I want to know if that was intentional.

Its funnier if I assume he didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Low Desert Punk posted:

bayley sinks in every format so it's fine

This is a fabrication, Bayley is very good on Up Up Down Down, the only WWE show worth watching. (Also on NXT TBH)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I thought her promo on last week's Smackdown was actually alright, by Bayley standards.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

God I want to know if that was intentional.

Its funnier if I assume he didn't.
Baron’s a funny dude when he isn’t being handed dog poo poo* scripts

*food

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

jesus WEP posted:

Baron’s a funny dude when he isn’t being handed dog poo poo* scripts

*food

Or being a huge rear end in a top hat online?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STAC Goat posted:

Or being a huge rear end in a top hat online?

It’s part of his ‘charm’

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Daniel Bryan in full,"What are you gonna do? FIRE ME!?!" mode was the absolute loving best.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Daniel Bryan in full,"What are you gonna do? FIRE ME!?!" mode was the absolute loving best.
When both Jericho and Batista were on their way out of certain runs with WWE, it became incredibly clear that they stopped giving a poo poo about consequences and it was loving amazing.

But Daniel Bryan on Talking Smack was even better.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don't really care about social media and believe it should honestly be shut down by any sane government for the benefit of public health, so Corbin doesn't bother me at all except he hasn't been in a feud that went for the right amount of time ever. If the Honly Tonk Man's, or Rick Rude, or Razor Ramon or some other midcard heel's feuds had all lasted several months each I can't imagine anyone would remember any of them fondly. Baron Vs. Kallisto is the only feud I can think of him having that was enjoyable on any level and it was pretty brief.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Eat My Fuc

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Channels of communication should definitely be shut down by the government.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MJeff posted:

Channels of communication should definitely be shut down by the government.

Nothing terrible or sinister has ever happened when they do that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twitter is largely a terrible place but wanting governments to shut it down may actually be the first time I actually heard someone suggest something that sounds like it might be a first amendment violation. Maybe? I'm not sure.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't really care about social media and believe it should honestly be shut down by any sane government for the benefit of public health, so Corbin doesn't bother me at all except he hasn't been in a feud that went for the right amount of time ever. If the Honly Tonk Man's, or Rick Rude, or Razor Ramon or some other midcard heel's feuds had all lasted several months each I can't imagine anyone would remember any of them fondly. Baron Vs. Kallisto is the only feud I can think of him having that was enjoyable on any level and it was pretty brief.

This is a weird take because everybody in the pre-Monday Night Wars period, when there were just 4 PPVs a year, had several months long feuds

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm going to be the first to amend your hide with my boot

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

This is a weird take because everybody in the pre-Monday Night Wars period, when there were just 4 PPVs a year, had several months long feuds

I wouldn't know I started watching wrestling in 94 or 95

And I just believe humanity will never be able to grow well in a world with social media. There has to be a method of silencing voices that are always harmful (conservatism etc) a quality life for all isn't possible if they are allowed to speak. I think what Baron does on social media is just stupid and bait just trolling, things like that also could very well be silenced.

I guess without social media AEW wouldn't be able to exist so I don't know. I'm not an intelligent person on any level which is obvious to everyone here anyway.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 20, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The merits or otherwise of Social Media also isn't the subject of this thread, which should be about wrestling related podcasts.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Folks,

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

TL posted:

Folks,

What am I looking at here?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah who is the person who interviewed them?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Darren Paltrowitz interviewed them. Darren Paltrowitz is a New York resident

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It was me.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah who is the person who interviewed them?

Jericho, I think?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It was Darren. He's from NYC. N-variably Yes (to) Cruises

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The latest episode of Mature Listeners featuring Struggle Session's Leslie Lee III includes about a third wrestling talk, along with Better Call Saul chat and Jamie Delano's Hellblazer.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

I don't remember this. Was it a Shane episode? If so, I blame Shane :colbert:

Just overall. Whenever she was out there she just seemed lost and not really able to speak casually in the way that everyone else seemed to on TS. Even Baron Corbin was pretty decent. One really underrated skill of Renee's is prompting people to respond genuinely by being genuine herself (as much as one can be in a WWE environment) but it never clicked with Bayley. Maybe she's gotten better recently though.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
so what the hell happened to the Wrestling Observer Awards? They should've been out nearly two months ago.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Has Dave been to a doctor? Every time I listen to him, he starts hacking when he's talking.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's a lot of mold in his room that he lives in.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

so what the hell happened to the Wrestling Observer Awards? They should've been out nearly two months ago.

How, voting only opened in late January?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Davros1 posted:

Has Dave been to a doctor? Every time I listen to him, he starts hacking when he's talking.

He mentioned going to the doctor on one of the last few shows, I don't remember which one

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Coughs can linger long after other cold symptoms are gone, and it’s way worse as you get old

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I get that it's Dave and his little idiosyncrasies are part of his charm but I wouldn't mind him using a cough button.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The phrase “it’s just a cough” is such a weak mindset. You are ok with what happened, losing, imperfection of a craft. When you stop getting angry after losing, you’ve lost twice.

There’s always something to learn, and always room for improvement, never settle.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

in california it costs 9 million zenis to see the doctor, only way Dave can afford it is to fight in the Strongerst Under The Heavens RollerDerby Tournmanet.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Cavauro posted:

The phrase “it’s just a cough” is such a weak mindset. You are ok with what happened, losing, imperfection of a craft. When you stop getting angry after losing, you’ve lost twice.

There’s always something to learn, and always room for improvement, never settle.

b-, maybe a c+. too easy. need to replace "losing" with "coughing" and "craft" with "body." see me after class.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
What really annoys me is how he tries to talk through the cough rather than getting it out of the way and continuing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

TL posted:

What really annoys me is how he tries to talk through the cough rather than getting it out of the way and continuing.

This. I'm starting to get so annoyed with this cough to the point that tonight I almost turned off the show at a few points.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

How, voting only opened in late January?

I’m not even sure voting has closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Bryan wasn't kidding about that Raquel Gonzalez promo. Just caught it on YouTube and it's like watching an AI taught to speak in only inWWE lingo trying to cut a promo.