Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

It says "failed To Hit rolls may be re-rolled" yet they always fail because they can't overwatch :thunk:

What does this mean?

It means, should an enemy unit charge you, continue re-rolling overwatch dice until your opponent concedes

Ham court would pick this apart like a vulture tearing into carrion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ijyt posted:

Ham court would pick this apart like a vulture tearing into carrion

Like an arch magos charging some castellax

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 15, 2020

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Like an arch magos charging some castellax

:qq:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

It means, should an enemy unit charge you, continue re-rolling overwatch dice until your opponent concedes

Is this the rules singularity I’ve been spending years searching for?!?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
There was an actual rules singularity back in the day with the Moritat. He could take flamer pistols and they auto hit infinite times...

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Lol FW has heard our cries and offered an invisible, kinda salty errata.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Haha.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I love it. I can totally see the designer muttering under their breath as they type that out. Passive aggressive errata.

There's more to it than just that though. They also made the entire unit characters, gave the sergeant access to digital lasers, and buffed a couple of the order options. Hunters of Beasts went from re-rolling 1s to wound against T5+ to re-rolling 1s against T5 AND all wounds against T6+. Breakers of Witches got expanded to include demons, psychic pilots, etc. Both were already good within their niche, but now the options are even more lopsided.

These guys are going to absolutely gently caress demons up.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Painted a few things.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
The bombard could use more contrast on the red tips, but other than that, it's as great as ever.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

I've been waiting to see someone use that Repulsor Executioner Techmarine helmet on Fierros, and it does not disappoint.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

What’s a primaris doing in a heresy army.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

He built a time machine with heretical technology.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Cool except for the stupid primaris thing

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I won't knock a conversion, but these are tagged #hardforheresy, #30k:

How do you run these in your 30k army?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

The same way you run your flamer teams, made up rules.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

BULBASAUR posted:

The same way you twin-link your reaction fire with Cenobytes. You don't.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Booley posted:

Painted a few things.

Vgood

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Booley posted:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Curious!

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Booley posted:

Painted a few things.

:coolfish:

These look really good, i like the color scheme for the forge boi.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hi 8th Ed bird!!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

8th edition is fun :)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

JBP posted:

banworthy imo

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
He could discern immediately from the involuntary eye twitching that his suggestion would wrought the ire of the corpulent grognard before him. The grognard blinked twice, clearly attempting to still the agitated nerves near his skull orbitals without having to risk smearing his freshly reapplied cheeto dust near his sensitive eyes. Reflexively, he started reaching up towards his face, only to redirect his hand mere inches away to adjust his faux felted pickelhaube fedora. The material was advertised to be sweat and stain resistant, though it hardly seemed up to the task.

"Sir." The demi-pustuole started slowly, bowing his head forward as he spoke. "We don't discuss 'house-rules' here. This is Warhammer 40-thousand and The Horus Heresy."

As the grognard spoke, his bratwurst-like appendage slowly passing over the voluminous stack of reference books. Whether by virtue of the gloss coating, or the thin layer of unbathed oils coating his sausage-stem, or if his caress was truly so gentle as to not disturb the delicately stacked tower of indices, his exhale was slowed as he touched the spines of the books, coming to rest on the glow-in-the-dark green plastic template markers arrayed on the edge of the table.

"You must learn *these* rules to play among us, and only by mastering them, will you be ready to play amongst *true competition*." His other hand had disappeared below the table to a repurposed backpack that seemed more of an articulated fast-food grease satchel than the canvas and leather it began as. The subtle hand came forward and dropped a pair of black-and-white printed, corner-stapled packet of plain stock paper on the table.

The title graphics read: "Frontline Gaming presents: ITC 2020 Season 40k & AoS Tournament Format" and "The Horus Heresy | Mournival Events Rulebook". The "& AoS" was scratched out with what looked to be Sharpie.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

koreban posted:

He could discern immediately from the involuntary eye twitching that his suggestion would wrought the ire of the corpulent grognard before him. The grognard blinked twice, clearly attempting to still the agitated nerves near his skull orbitals without having to risk smearing his freshly reapplied cheeto dust near his sensitive eyes. Reflexively, he started reaching up towards his face, only to redirect his hand mere inches away to adjust his faux felted pickelhaube fedora. The material was advertised to be sweat and stain resistant, though it hardly seemed up to the task.

"Sir." The demi-pustuole started slowly, bowing his head forward as he spoke. "We don't discuss 'house-rules' here. This is Warhammer 40-thousand and The Horus Heresy."

As the grognard spoke, his bratwurst-like appendage slowly passing over the voluminous stack of reference books. Whether by virtue of the gloss coating, or the thin layer of unbathed oils coating his sausage-stem, or if his caress was truly so gentle as to not disturb the delicately stacked tower of indices, his exhale was slowed as he touched the spines of the books, coming to rest on the glow-in-the-dark green plastic template markers arrayed on the edge of the table.

"You must learn *these* rules to play among us, and only by mastering them, will you be ready to play amongst *true competition*." His other hand had disappeared below the table to a repurposed backpack that seemed more of an articulated fast-food grease satchel than the canvas and leather it began as. The subtle hand came forward and dropped a pair of black-and-white printed, corner-stapled packet of plain stock paper on the table.

The title graphics read: "Frontline Gaming presents: ITC 2020 Season 40k & AoS Tournament Format" and "The Horus Heresy | Mournival Events Rulebook". The "& AoS" was scratched out with what looked to be Sharpie.

Same

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

koreban posted:

#Savage
The prevalence of house rules and micro communities in hams is a constant pitfall for people trying to jump into an already gate kept hobby. Just like custom map packs and DLC in gaming it ends up dividing more often than not.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

koreban posted:

I’ll play you with my Mournival eldar

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

koreban posted:

I wish The Mournival had put as much effort into their rules as you put into this Reddit post.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just lol at the idea that anyone would be dumb enough to play in a 30k tournament.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Hixson posted:

I’ll play you with my Mournival eldar

I keep getting distracted by cool modeling opportunities like Achilles-pattern land raiders, and Mk.IV Assault Marines and either not finishing my Mk.III Breachers and Mk.III Veterans in a timely manner, or am waiting for the SARSplague to pass so international shipping reopens for bits I ordered to arrive.

I also want me some of those Cenobyte Terminators something fierce.

TTerrible posted:

I wish The Mournival had put as much effort into their rules as you put into this Reddit post.
Be fair, that's a way better post than you'd get on reddit.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
so they're all from the Mournival Book, this makes sense now thank you koreban

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

koreban posted:

I keep getting distracted by cool modeling opportunities like Achilles-pattern land raiders, and Mk.IV Assault Marines

The MKV assault marine kit is one of the best things. Just got to swap out the cardboard cutout bolt pistols.

koreban posted:

Be fair, that's a way better post than you'd get on reddit.

OK I'll give you that.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

koreban posted:

Achilles-pattern land raiders
:dogcited:

I love that stupid tank and I wish there were more of them around.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

TTerrible posted:

The MKV assault marine kit is one of the best things. Just got to swap out the cardboard cutout bolt pistols.

I went hard on Mk.IV. Shapeways custom chainswords and bolt pistols, and a pile of sanguinary guard Mk.IV jump packs from Hoard'o'bits.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Safety Factor posted:

:dogcited:

I love that stupid tank and I wish there were more of them around.

Me too :snoop:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Hellll yes

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

JBP posted:

mods

koreban posted:

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

This is HOT